To All The Boys I've Loved Be...

By MB-143

On the episode when Zach tells the court that during the summer, he spent the majority of summer hanging out... More

Characters:
Plot:
S2 Ep1: Maybe, There are still good guys in this world after all
S2 Ep2: The 3rd Polaroid, Girl
S2 Ep3: The Missing Pages & It's Not Pretty
S2 Ep4: Smile Bitches, Chaos Is Comin 4 U!
S2 Ep6: Still, Bye-Bye Polaroid

S2 Ep5: Bye Polaroid, cus When push come to shove, I just scream "F*** 'em all"

102 2 2
By MB-143

(still Justin pov)

*tomorrow*
I decided to do what's right and that's testifying against that mother f***** rapist who was once my best friend.

After last night, Clay and I head downstairs to find his mom returned home and she says that she needed to talk to me after breakfast. since I'm going to testify today.

After talking to Clay's mom, I went upstairs to Clay's bedroom.

"So, Clay. I have to say more about Hannah at the trial, but I don't want you to start hating me when I say what I may say."

"What? Justin I could never hate you. And besides, you're doing what's right."

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks clay."

"Your welcome, Justin."

(Montgomery pov)
As I ran out the house to prevent from getting hit in the eye with a hammer, I almost dropped my stuff including my letterman jacket once I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh gosh, that's my bad! Didn't mean to bump into you like that." A dark curly haired  Timothée Chalamet lookalike.

"It's fine, Dude, I'm fine."

"Okay then, looks like you're running away from a who or a what, a bad day I'm guessing." He joked.

"Ha, I don't even know you're talking about, are you some expert or some sh**?"

"No, I ju—What happened to your face if you do—?"

"Actually I do mind, I'm fine, now if you excuse me I have somewhere I need to be." I replied, opening the door so that I can get inside my car and started the engine.

I actually do mind why the f*** you bother asking?? You think you could do something about that, please like anyone would want to...I mean, why would they?

"Wait,..de la Cruz?" The dude called out, grabbing my arm as I turned, facing him with a "Don't you ever touch me again" look as he backed away, noticing the look on my face.

"I'm fine and you know what I think? I think you shouldn't bother okay? I think you're being a b**** about this thing a bit and honestly, I don't give a sh**..so..Bye." I rudely interrupted, quickly ending the conversation and drove off.

*my hobo hideout*

I came from running away from home to an abandon alley to see that Scott is there.

"Hey, Scottie." I greeted.

"Hey, you know Bryce's looking for you?" He mentions.

"You didn't tell him about this place, did you?" I questioned.

"Nah, I thought I told you I never would. So, Who are you hiding from this time?" Scott says.

"My dad's on a f***in tear, man."

"Really?"

"Yea, Came after me with hammer."

"So....A few days in the hobo hotel and how come you're here?"

"I'm not rapist, Monty."

"Okay."

"And I'm sick of people assuming I am. Look we've been taking care of Bryce for too long, man.

"What are you saying?"

"Come on, enough is enough."

"Okay so what the h*** you want me to do?"

"Uh..How about you give us the polaroid back?" Jensen appeared with...Justy??

"What the f***, Scottie?"

"They told me what you've been doing, Monty."

"Okay so you're the one who f***in narc about the clubhouse?" I accused.

"Nope, I did." A voice says as I turned to see it was Zach's who came in being followed by someone from behind.

"Oh right, of course you did." I scoff.

"F*** this, I'm out." I said, heading out until Tony came in walking towards me as I back up behind him.

"Aww, what's wrong Monty?" He taunt as I was getting cornered by Clay, Justin, Tony, Zach and Alex.

"We know you did: murdering me off the road."

"The target."

"Dead rat."

"My f***in car!"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Give us the polaroid back and we'll let you go."

"You'll let me me go or you going to hit me with your f***in crane ag--" I taunt but jumped back when I saw that Alex pull out a gun on me.

"Alex."

"H--Wha--where did you get that gun?"

"Monty gave it to me."

"Okay, okay. I'll give you the polaroid and then I'm clean, that's the deal."

"Fine hand them over."

"I have to get them, there not here."

"I'll go with you."

"Alex." Zach protest.

"No, I'll go with him." He repeated as Alex and I walked to my car.

"O-Okay then but hold on real quick." Justin replied as he stepped up and went near Alex who gave him a 'what is it now?' look.

(Alex pov)
Before I could leave with Monty, I was talking with Justin as we were standing nearby his car.

"Alex, Even if he does tries anything to push you which I'm sure he won't, I don't think you'll need to use this gun more than you really think you do."

"Yea, thanks for that."

"No problem, I just don't want to hear or have to go to the emergency again about you in the hospital because of that thing in your hand or whatsoever."

"Geez, I didn't think you cared that much. Wow Justin, are you coming too hot for me now?" I teased.

"Haha, f*** you, Standall." He joked, giving me the middle finger with that damn smile of his.

"Yea, I know. F*** you too, Justin Foley." I replied smilingly, giving the middle finger back at him too as I climbed in Monty's car and drive to where he left the Polaroid.

(still Monty pov)

*middle of nowhere*

"You went a long way for Bryce. you know your so-called 'best friend' and oh not to mention the serial rapist, He'd sell you out to save his own a** in a heartbeat. You know that, right?" Alex said.

"Know what I got, Alex? I got my friends, I got the team. That's it. I don't get to be all sad, boo-hoo, my friend died. I'm gonna put a bullet in my head so the world feels sorry for me." I taunt as Alex moves the gun towards me.

"Jesus, you wave that gun around like I give a shit. I don't, man. If I sell out Bryce or lie, either way, my whole life falls apart. I got no one else on my side. I can't run home. That team's my home. Going to playoffs, winning state, being an athlete, that's not about fun for me. It's about survival. It's all I got. It's everything. So you wanna shoot me? Shoot me." I rant, Not really caring if I die or not.

"So, are you gonna shoot me, Alex? You couldn't even shoot yourself."

"F*** you!" But Alex lowered the gun, and Monty took it from him.

"By the time you get anywhere, I'll be long gone."

As I got in my car, Alex yelled out, "Is he worth it, Monty?"

"You're the one with the hole in your head. You tell me."

And with that I drove away, leaving Alex stranded in the middle of nowhere and I was on my way driving somewhere, I put on a little music.

When the days are cold and the cards all fold
And the saints we see are all made of gold
When your dreams all fail and the ones we hail
Are the worst of all, and the blood's run stale

I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide
No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat, look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide
Don't get too close; it's dark inside
It's where my demons hide, it's wh--"
*stomach growling*

"Sh**, I'm starving. Ah man! I gotta stop somewhere to grab a bite." I cursed to myself as I look for a place to park my car and get something to eat.

*at Applebee's*

"Oh okay, Is there a de la Cru-"

"Montgomery."

"I'm sorry?"

"That's my first name, Montgomery de la Cruz."

"Oh, then here's your food."

"Thanks."

"Hey watch out dude!"

"Ah man, I am sorry ab--?.." he paused clearly shocked to seeing me again as I felt the same.

"Hey, didn't I see you earlier?" He says as I just nodded, not wanting to talk.

"Um..How's your eye?" He asked.

"What the h*** are you doing here? And, Why do you care?" I finally said, not giving a damn if I sounded rude or not. Instead of going away or taking a hint, He just sat down beside me.

"I was out taking a picture of the sky since it's lovely outside." He explained.

"So you're some of the freak who likes taking pictures of people all day huh?" I joked, eating my food.

"I wouldn't say that but I do enjoy it. So back to my question before, How's your eye?"

"It's fine. And back to my question earlier, why do you care? I mean, I'll admit you seem nice and all but no offense but I don't need you getting queer on me." I told him as he just chuckled a bit at the last part.

"I'm Winston by the way, Winston Williams." He introduced, holding out his hand for me to shake it.

"Do you mind if I ask why were you such in a big hurry since you accidentally bumped into me?" He says.

"Uh, I'm just staying out of town for a bit."

"Hmm..I'm guessing you're on the run or something?" He assumed as I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I know you said it's fine but I think you should really do something about this." Winston said as he raised up his hand before deciding to carefully run his finger down the bruised side of my face which I noticed and out of reflex, I grabbed his hand and had my another hand clenched ready to punch him.

"Easy, Cruz, take it easy." He says, trying to calm me down.

Breathing hard, I went from looking at Winston's eyes to the table, already feeling everyone else's a few time before slowly letting go and got out off the booth.

"Know what I don't got no time wasting on a sissy so f*** off?!"

"Hey, Cruz. How bout w?-—"

"I said, 'F*** off!' You faggot!" I blurt, punching him hard across the face which causes the attention to go on us.

Just I was about to put another hit on him, I was dragged out the place.

*outside of Applebee's*
"Alright, I don't really know whatever the deal was back there between you and that guy but that sucker punch was unnecessary and you were causing a tantrum just because a certain person was being nice to you?!"

W-WWha does this man even know?!?

"You know it's nothing wrong with saying it's fine and I get the whole 'Don't bother, just leave me alone', 'I feel like I'm incapable of feeling happy or loved', 'F*** the world!, 'I'm a lone wolf' thing etc etc. But, I honestly believe that there's nothing wrong with being denial of about the opportunity of happiness, it's normal for some but there is something wrong with not letting someone in or letting it out. You know they say, "What I would do to take away this fear of being loved, Allegiance to the pain, Now I'm fucked up and I'm missing you". Besides the point, you can hate and be mad at the world, at yourself, with your life, at your friends, at the system. H***! You can even hate your own existence. You have every right to be angry and want to take it out on things, cause that's just us being humans and we're allowed to have feelings, but that doesn't mean that we have to let our anger keep us from receiving concerns or anything related to that from people around."

"Well I'm so—"

"Well, you should be cause it's not everyday you find someone random showing concern about you than your own loved ones or so-called friends. And, it's not me who you should get forgiveness from, son."

"I guess you're right, Thanks for the advice and sorry  for causing a scene in there."

"It's fine just don't ever do that again or else I'll have to kick you out and have you banned from ever coming in here, got it?" The manager warned.

"Yea, Totally."

"Okay, Let's go back inside then."

*inside Applebee's*
Once I entered the restaurant, all eyes were still on me as I made my way back to my table where the dude there, holding up a plastic bag of ice on his cheek.

"Look, I didn't mean to do that. it's ju—." I tried to apologize but paused as I faced down.

"Hey! Hey Cruz, it's fine, I shouldn't have grabbed you like that so I didn't mean to be a bother."

"Still, I do apologize for knocking you out a—."

"It's fine, apology accepted. And I've noticed that though you seem to be the 'F*** the world' type based on how were you acting before, you're an absolute diamond in the rough.."

"What the f*** you j—, know what? I gotta catch the bus." I replied, quickly excusing myself as I saw the bus and entered it.

I appreciate what that f***in faggot-looking-like Timothée Chalamet b**** a** dude intentions are or what the manager was trying to point out to me, but I really, really don't need this. I don't need pity, or anything. I'm fine, Keyword: FINE! and I don't need anybody to convince me otherwise especially from that faggot.

(Alex pov)

*at Jessica's house*

Clay and I told Jessica that Monty lied about the Polaroids and we weren't able to get them back, but we were able to encourage Jessica to testify against Bryce by telling her we're gonna be there for moral support as she's getting the justice she and the other girls rightfully deserve.

Once both Justin and Jessica got to tell their story, Jessica speak up at court.

"Your Honor, when we leave this courtroom, Bryce Walker gets to leave convinced that he chose the wrong girl to have sex with. I get to leave constantly looking over my shoulder for monsters dressed up as the popular kid, constantly on edge and assuming the worst in every boy. The sentence you decide today can tell Bryce Walker what he did was wrong. It can say that to every boy, every man who behaves like he does. And it can say to victims like me that our story matters." Jessica says right before he can the decision.

Jessica and I go to Monet's as we wait for the verdict to come back. Once we heard the verdict came back with their decision, we return to court.

*at court*
"In the first few years of life, children rely on their parents, but there comes a time when every parent must share their child with the world, with a school. In the hands of the faculty at Liberty High School, Hannah Baker was bullied and harassed. And she asked for help twice. First, anonymously through a letter read aloud in class, but ultimately ignored by her teacher. And then Hannah did what most students who are suffering do not. She went to her school counselor and she suggested that she had been raped by a fellow student. She went to a mandatory reporter for help. And yet again, her cries were ignored. Hannah may have been a complicated girl as the defense has suggested, but this case is simple. Hannah Baker asked for help and Liberty High School failed to provide it." Hannah's lawyer, Daniel Vasquez said.

Outside the court, we see that Bryce was getting arrested, but it was revealed that Justin's arrested as an accessory to Jessica's rape.

"Mom, mom." Clay called out.

"Justin, Justin!" Jessica said, walking downstairs as I went up close to him.

"Jessica, Alex! I'll be fine, don't worry."

"Wha, N--"

"Alex, I'm serious, okay? I wouldn't mind the bother, but don't be a stranger." He says as Jessica and I followed him.

"But, Justin, This cannot be happening." She says.

"No, Jess, it's okay." He told her.

"What?"

"It's okay." He says as I just stared at him, standing next to Clay who was being comforted by his mother.

"Mom, They arrested Justin."

"I know honey."

"H-H-He saved my life and we have to help him, mom please." He beg.

"We will, I promise." She assured.

"Jessica. We got him. We got Bryce." Hannah's mom said in relief,  glad that Bryce's going way for good after what he did to Jessica, Hannah and the other innocent girls.

"Yea. But they got Justin, too. What do we do?" Jessica sadly said as she cries into Olivia's arms.

"You keep fighting." She determined.

(Zach pov)
The high and low to the court case, you know both Hannah and Bryce got the justice they deserved: Hannah's case against the school for a lack of counsel won and that bastard Bryce's sentence for god knows how long, which I'm happy about. But, of course due to that stupid rich privilege Bryce got, he's getting less than Justin. Plus, the bastard told me he's transferring to Hillcrest and I learned that he's going to the dance with Chloe like how could she still be with someone so sick?  But hey, at least we won't be seeing or hearing from him anytime soon.

* Friday, April 19*
Everybody except Sheri for some reason came to Hannah's welcome back ceremony now that she's already released from the hospital and is coming back from her cognitive therapy session.

"Hannah was and is my dream. And now I get to dream for Hannah as well as for myself. And so do all of you. So, please, dream your dreams. And dream them for Hannah, and don't let anyone take them away from you. Don't ever let them go." Her mom said as Hannah came in the room with her dad. As she was walking to a seat, all eyes were still on her.

"Welcome back, Hannah."

"Hi, everyone." She quietly greets as and while she begin walking to a seat, all eyes were still on her.

After that speech, Her dad stood a stand to say some words about his daughter as well.

(Clay pov)
After Priest and Hannah's said what they wanted to say, it was my turn to give a speech.

"Hannah Baker came into my life at the end of one summer, like a star that fell to Earth. Like nothing I had seen and no one I had ever met. She was funny, and smart, and moody, and... and maddening, and beautiful. And... I loved her. I loved her so much. And I ask her every day why she did what she did. But I get no answers. She took those with her when she went. Leaving me, all of us, angry, empty, confused. And I know that hurt won't ever go away. But there will come a day when I don't feel it every minute. And the anger won't be so hot, and the other feelings will fade, and I'll be left with only love. So Hannah, we all so happy that you're alive and  I hope that you know that We can get better. We can do better, but we still live in a world that is out to break us any way it can." I preached, while having eyes on her.

After that being said, I went over to talk with the priest.

"Uh, Can I ask something?"

"Do you believe in second chances at life? Like, do you think God could've forgiven her and maybe gave her that wakeup call she needed to realize that life is still worth the living?"

"I really do and I strongly believe that the God I believed in, a loving, forgiving and a really good God loves Hannah so much more than she ever knows would have mercy on a sweet soul like hers. And if God forgives her, we should too. I believe we should follow His example, yea sure, it's not always easy, but it's worth it. 

"But do he forgives for what we did to her?"

"I think He does. Clay, you don't have to believe in the immortal soul to believe that people live on with us."

"Wait, what do you mean?" I asked.

"Just that though we may almost lost Hannah, but we did not lose the things she gave us. Compassion, understanding, love. Those don't go away, so I advise that you all should learn from your mistake and like you said earlier, be better."

"Thanks, Pastor."

"Your welcome, Clay."

"Hey helmet. Great speech you did there."

"Ha-, yea, thanks. Uh, Listen, I am so sorry for not keeping that promise I made with you about w-"

"It's okay, Clay, really."

"Are you sure?"

"Mmhmm."

"Okay. Well, I'm happy to see that you're doing okay and getting the help that you need."

"Yea, Me too."

Man, seeing her here is just still feel surreal with me. She looks beautiful.

"What's the matter with you?"

"The thing I'm most afraid of is forgetting you."

"Then don't." She replies.

"I know. But, The thing I'm second most afraid of is I'll never be able to let you go."

"Ah, Clay. It looks like someone needs a hug."

"I d-" I tried to protest but she hugged me anyway which I accept.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 4.2K 124
"Don't go for him" She told me "Why not?" I asked "He's um, a little broken I guess you could say" Was her answer I simply nodded, my eyes following...
71.2K 1.7K 51
Y/n L/n was a normal girl living a normal life. She's got a group of amazing friends including Justin Foley, Jessica Davis, and Alex Standall. She's...
51.5K 854 22
Emmalee Andrews was Hannah Baker's best friend. They went through just about everything together, until the night of Jessica Davis's party. When Emma...