Twisted Fate

msdaniried által

Alexandria Swan, or Lex as she is commonly known as, has always felt different. When she moves to Forks with... Több

Before you Read
Mood Boards
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 18

6.4K 162 23
msdaniried által

My silence means...
My silence means I am tired of fighting and now there is nothing left to fight for. My silence means I am tired of explaining my feelings to you but now I don't have the energy to explain them anymore. My silence means I have adapted to the changes in my life and I don't want to complain. My silence means I am on self-healing processes and I am trying to forget everything I ever wanted from you. My silence means I am trying to move on gracefully with all my dignity...

The Decade Dance & Alaric's Fishy Behavior

It's the day after Kol and I have come back to Mystic Falls from our road trip. I'm not sure where Kol is but for the moment I'm in the living room with Klaus. He is being creative working on an abstract painting on an easel when Rebekah enters the room.

"What took you so long?" Klaus asks, not looking up from his painting.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." Rebekah says and shows him the white oak stake. "Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

Klaus raises an eyebrow, "That's it?"

Rebekah nods, "The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"

Klaus puts the paintbrush down, takes the stake from Rebekah and throws it into the flames in the fireplace. The flames flare up around the stake.

"Well that's that then," Rebakah says.

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." Klaus announced, putting his art supplies away. 

I shoot Klaus a surprised look. 

"Today?" Rebakah asks, voicing my thoughts. 

Klaus shrugs, "Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset."

Klaus then turns to me, "You don't have any reason to stay here do you?" 

I shrug,
Well...no.

"Then it's settled." 

"But tonight is the decade dance." Rebekah says, frowning. 

Klaus raises an eyebrow, "So?"

Rebekah scoffs, "So? I'm head of the committee, we have to go."

Klaus rolls his eyes, "I'm not going to any dance."

"Caroline will be there."

"That means nothing to me," Klaus snaps.

"Please, I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me." Rebekah begs.

"Okay, fine. One last hoorah." Klaus sighs. 

Rebekah smiles at her victory, "One last hoorah, Nik."

I stare at Rebekah feeling suspicious; something just doesn't feel right. 

****

Per Klaus's insistence I find myself getting ready for the decade dance. Adjusting the headpiece for my outfit I give myself a once over in the body length mirror. 

"You look stunning darling," A voice I know all too well says. 

I turn and see Kol standing in the doorway of my bedroom. 

Thanks Kol, you look rather dapper yourself. I didn't know you were going to the dance. 

Kol grins, walking into the room. "Well when Nik said you'd be going I just knew I had to go. What do you say darling, be my date?" 

I roll my eyes at Kol's flirting,
You can escort me to the dance but your not my date. 

Kol takes my hand and kisses it, "Whatever you say darling." 

Shoving his hand away I start for the door only to have Kol loop his arm with mine. At my raised eyebrow Kol merly flashes me a flirty smile. I roll my eyes but let Kol lead me out of the room. 

"Well don't you two look a charming couple," Klaus says, smirking at the two of us as we make our way down the stairs. 

I give Klaus a mean glare as Kol smirks. 

Shut up Nik, we are not a couple!

"Aw come on darling, you don't mean that." Kol teases. 

Klaus grins as I turn my glare on Kol, "Quite an interesting pair you are." 

Klaus shakes his head and laughs before opening the door for us, "After you." 

"Why thank you Nik," Kol says, mocking a fake posh accent. 

I roll my eyes and tug Kol through the door.

"Someones anxious to dance with me"

I smack Kol's arm, 
Shut up!

Kol merly laughs, shaking his head as we make our way to the car. 

****

When we arrive at Mystic Falls High School the party is in full swing in the gym hall with lots of students dancing to the music.

I can feel the Scooby-Doo gang's eyes on Kol and I as we walk into the school gym.

"Care to dance darling?" Kol asks, bringing my attention back to him. 

I shrug my shoulders and let a grin slip through,
Alright. Why not?

Kol's eyes seem to light up at his victory as he leads me to the middle of the dance floor. We began to dance, our eyes never leaving each other. Dancing with him here I feel different. Like perhaps my heart, the one so horribly crushed by Emmett, is healing. 

The realization makes my head spin but I focus on Kol; this moment here with him. 

From the corner of my eye I watch Klaus walk in the gym. He sees Caroline and Tyler who are slow dancing. Klaus stares at them before making his way towards them.

I return my focus on Kol as we continue to dance. Not a word is spoken; the only sound is the music. My blue-grey eyes gaze into his milk chocolate browns. I can feel myself becoming lost, his eyes hypnotic. 

He leans forward and presses his forehead against mine. He looks to my lips and then back. As crazy as it sounds, I find myself staring at his lips. In this moment I began to wonder what it would be like to kiss him. My right hand seems to have a mind of its own as I reached up and gently cup his cheek. In seconds we are a breath away from each other. Our lips lightly brush against each other. My eyes flutter closed as I wait for Kol to close the distance. 

"Lex, Kol. Hate to break up this truly touching moment but I need you both to come with me. I promise it's important." 

The sound of Klaus's voice acts as a bucket of ice water as our moment vanishes into thin air. I opened my eyes and took a step back. When I turn to face Klaus I notice Stefan standing at his side.

Lead the way then Nik,
I sign. 

Klaus nods, flashing me a quick smile as if to say he's sorry, before leading us off the dance floor. 

We end up in an abandoned classroom, several candles are lit and Bonnie is chanting. Damon, Stefan, Klaus, some guy Klaus told is named Jamie and Jeremy are there.

I stand in between Klaus and Kol, watching Bonnie with curious eyes.

"She does this all the time, right?" Jamie questions nervously. 

"What's taking so long?! All boundary spells have a loophole." Klaus complains impatiently.

Suddenly, Matt enters the room. "People are walking right out of the dance, past the barrier."

"Matt and I can leave, we can stop Esther ourselves. We just gotta find out where she is." Jermey states boldly.

Stefan shakes his head dismissively, "It's suicide, Jeremy."

Klaus rushes over and grabs Jamie by the throat and starts to strangle him, "Suicide would be disappointing me! Now work your magic, witch, or I'll start killing people you fancy."

"Let him go!" Bonnie shouts.

"Not until you get us out of here." Klaus argues.

"Ah, don't be stupid, Klaus. Bonnie doesn't give a damn about us. The only reason she's helping us right now is to save Caroline and Tyler. You start killing the people she cares about, she'll tell us all to go to hell." Stefan says, in a rather snarky tone. 

Klaus lets go of Jamie and glares at Stefan but says nothing. 

****

After a while of Bonnie trying to locate Ester and break the barrier around the school everyone leaves the classroom except Bonnie, Kol, and I. 
Kol and I sit at one of the desks close to the Teacher's desk. Bonnie grabs a map from the wall and puts it on the teacher's desk and turns on the table lamp. Klaus and Damon enter the room.

“Here. Jeremy made a little Gilbert blood donation for your locator spell.” Damon says, handing her a vile of blood.

Bonnie takes the vile, “I have to do this with you two lurking over me?”

“You're still mad at me for what happened to Abby. Let me apologize. I'm sorry Elijah forced us to turn your mother into a vampire to save Elena's life. Didn't exactly have a choice.” Damon says, voice full of sarcasm.

“There's always a choice. Whenever you make one someone else suffers.” Bonnie retorts.

“Let's cut the dramatics and begin, shall we?” Klaus propsus, rolling his eyes. 

Bonnie pours the blood onto the map and starts chanting. “Phasmatos Tribum Nas Ex Veras, Sequita Saguines, Ementas Asten Mihan Ega Petous.”

The blood forms a circular pool that doesn't move.

“Esther is fighting me.” Bonnie grunts.

“Esther couldn't possibly have this much power. Unless she's channelling something.” Klaus states.

Bonnie raises an eyebrow, “A hotspot?”

Klaus sighs before nodding his head. “Get the humans ready. I know where she is.”

****

Kol and I stick with Klaus and are now standing outside the school near the entrance to the gym hall with Stefan. 

“You know this is your fault. You set us on this path when you released my mother. I wonder if revenge will prove worth the cost.” Klaus says.

“Oh, I'm done with revenge. As far as Esther; we've stopped her before, we'll stop her again.” Stefan retorts.

“We're strange bedfellows, you and I. You know, all of this, reminds me of our time together in the Twenties.” Klaus says, reminiscing. 

“You say that like I'm supposed to have happy memories about it.” Stefan snips. 

“Well, there were moments. Real friendship. Brotherhood.” 

Damon walks up, “Well, he already has a brother. Not to be, you know, territorial or anything.”

Klau raises his hands in mock defense, “Oh no, of course, the Salvatores. And their unshakeable bond. I wonder what'll happen when Elena finally makes her choice. Will we see you shake just a little bit?”

I cover my mouth to hide my grin but I know Klaus caught me when he turns to me and winks. Kol merly shakes his head at Klaus’s attempt to shake things up between the Salvatore brothers. 

Bonnie comes out of the school, “It's done. Esther's not fighting me any more. The boundary spell is broken.”

Klaus tests the boundary with his arm, and seeing Bonnie's words are correct, rushes away.

“Thank you, Bonnie. For everything.” Stefan says.

Bonnie doesn’t even spare him a glance, “I didn't do it for you.”

“Come on darling, let’s go home.” Kol says, offering me his hand. 

I nod my head and he picks me up and uses his speed to get us back to the Mikaelson family mansion in a matter of seconds. 

Thanks for tonight. I know it didn't go exactly as planned but I had fun. 
I sign, flashing him a smile. 

Kol grins, “Of course darling. I had fun too.” He leaned down and kissed my forehead, “See you tomorrow.” 

In a flash he’s gone and I’m left alone in my room with only my thoughts. What a night this turned out to be. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

20.8K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
485K 16.6K 29
Lex (short for Alexandrine, but she refuses to call herself that) Holloway was having the worst birthday of her life. She would even go as far as to...
34.6K 1.1K 12
Olivia Deven Swan. Bella Swans older twin sister. She's completely oblivious to the supernatural world around her, though she never liked her siste...
99.9K 2.1K 44
Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Eleanor, moving to the town called Mystic Fal...