Vampire Knight: Bloody Ruby

Від Rise_image12

Things were normal at Cross Academy. Yuki and Zero were always patrolling the night and monitoring the Night... Більше

Chapter 2: Memories of Blood
Chapter 3: The Fang of Penitence
Chapter 4: Trigger of Condemnation

Chapter 1: New Student within the Darkness

240 6 0
Від Rise_image12

[Edited]

The moonlight gently kisses the pavement of the road. The tree branches move through the wind, gently swaying as it envelopes everything around it in darkness. The empty hollow woods was greeted by a vrooming slick, black car as it drove on the road heading to a particular place. Cross Academy.

Within the window shows a young teenage girl who was looking through files with a dull expression. She has ebony hair with silver highlights, tied in two low pigtails. A crimson sleeve shirt and over it is a black sleeveless jacket, brown shorts and black combat boots along with gray leggings. The most notable thing is her choker: A silver cross with gold edges and a deep bloody ruby right in the middle of it.

...

I stared at the three files that lay before me, all displaying information about three different people.

I sigh. Really, this should be easy right? Wrong. I'm already busy searching enough but now I have to attend classes. It doesn't surprise me the least about it. I've been doing this for a very long time. It would have been easy, come in and out but there is something I didn't expect to be there. I was really hoping it would be a short stay.

Outside the window, I see the car is nearing the academy. I place all of my files inside my backpack. Once the car came to a stop, I stepped out of the car along with my suitcase and swung my backpack on my shoulder. There the moon illuminates the edges of the academy through the pitch black darkness as I stand in front of the tall black gates.

So this is Cross Academy. I heard two pairs of footsteps. One had light treads and the other big heavy ones. It must be a girl and boy.

Before they arrived...I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I waited... warm blood flowed through my veins and my heart started to beat rhythmically.

Out from the dark appeared a petite girl and a tall handsome boy, both wearing the Day class uniform. She has chocolate brown hair and wine colored eyes, the boy has shiny silver hair and violet eyes. The boy came forward and unlocked the gates, then the girl happily came over to me.

"Hi! Welcome to Cross Academy. My name is Yuki Cross and the grumpy guy over there is Zero Kiryu." She pointed at him behind her, he just silently stood there and ignored her comment.

"Nice to meet you Cross and Kiryuu. My name is Sayomi Miyuki." I greeted them.

"Oh! You don't need to call me that, you can call me Yuki!" Yuki said happily.

"Very well, Yuki." I replied.

"Alright! I'll be showing you to the headmaster's office. Follow me!" Yuki and Kiryu turned around and headed to the office as I silently followed them, memorizing every hall and door. Soon we arrived in front of a door. Yuki lightly knocked on it, a 'come in' was heard on the other side. She opened the door and there a feminine figure sat on a desk. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was a woman. So this is Kaien Cross, the headmaster of this academy.

"Ah, Welcome! You must be the new student, I'm the headmaster of Cross Academy. I see you met my cute adorable children, come give papa a hug~" He leaped out to hug Yuki and Kiryu but both took a step to the side. Cross's face collided into the wall, his face was red and smoke was coming out.

"I'm not your son!" Kiryu coldly glared at Cross.

Yuki tried to calm him down but he quickly got out of the room and slammed the door loudly.

"Alright, here's your uniform, you'll be part of the Day class. Yuki will guide you to your dorm room. Just so you know, we have an uneven number of female students so you will have the room all to yourself." He smiled happily at me as he handed me the day class uniform that appeared behind him. Thankfully, I won't have the trouble of having to share with a roommate. I thanked the headmaster and followed Yuki out of the office.

°°°

We soon arrived at my dorm. I thanked Yuki for bringing me to the dorm. Before I went inside, I was stopped by Yuki.

"Before I forget, day class students are not allowed outside after dark. That's the rule." She quickly informed me.

So during the night, huh. Well as long as I'm careful, they won't notice anything.

"Alright, will do! But I've been wondering.... Why do you have a white badge? Not all the students have one." I asked.

"Oh! It's the symbol for the disciplinary committee! Me and Zero are the only members." She cheerfully replied.

"Really? That's amazing, so if there's a fight you'll be there to stop it right?" I asked curiously.

"Hehe, that's the idea... Ah! But we've never had any fights at the academy so there's no need to worry!" She assured me .

"Alright, that's a relief. Thank you for guiding me to my dorm, Yuki."

"No problem, Sayomi! I hope you enjoy your stay at the academy!" She cheerfully waved and then left down the corridor.

Before I entered my dorm, I looked around the hallway to see if anyone was around. Since there was no one, I entered and placed all of my belongings on the table and laid on the bed. Classes start tomorrow so I better be on the lookout.

I looked over the window and saw the full moon. That's right... It's already night. At this time... I soon got lost in my thoughts and let the darkness envelop me.

°°°

It was daytime, I'm already here in front of my classroom door with my uniform on. I just wait for the teacher to give the signal, if I remember correctly I think I'm in Yuki and Kiryu's class. Once I received the signal, I entered the classroom and smiled gently at the class.

"Hajimemashite, my name is Sayomi Miyuki. I look forward to spending the year with you." I politely introduced myself.

"Alright, your seat will be next to Kiryu-san." The teacher announced.

I silently walked to my seat, with my smile attached. I sat down, and started taking notes on the lesson. My focus wasn't entirely on the lesson since I sensed Kiryu's glare on me. Just please don't mind me and focus your gaze on something else other than me.

°°°

The bell rang signaling the end of class. It was already late afternoon, so classes ended for the day and most of the students are returning to their dorms.

Most.

Not all, most. 5% of the whole student body returned to their dorms. So then where are the rest of the students? All I have to do is follow the screams outside.

Once I arrived at the courtyard, I saw students crowding around in a line, the shouts and screaming got even louder when the gates opened.

"KYAA!! WILD-SAMA"

"I LOVE YOU IDOL-SAMA!"

"WAH! KANAME-SAMA!!!"

"RUKA-SAMA!!"

"RIMA-SAMA!"

"I GOT SOME POCKY, SENRI-SAMA!!!"

Ah, this is too loud. It would be impossible to get any closer. Though, I was able to get past those girls easily and now I'm at the edge of the line. I saw Yuki being pushed around by the girls and Kiryu standing in a corner, not bothering to help at all.

One girl pushed Yuki too hard and tripped backwards, almost falling to the ground.

Things went a blur since right now I had Yuki in my arms. I see... It seems I still have that. So much for going unnoticed. I just need to go before anybody notices.

"T-Thanks, Sayomi." she nervously thanked me, a blush appeared on her cheeks.

"No problem Yuki but I better go-" I got cut off.

"Are you alright Yuki?" A low voice, laced with concern, asked. A tall, handsome boy appeared, dressed in the night class uniform. Dang it.

"I-I'm fine Kaname-senpai. Thank you for your concern." She got out of my arms and went to him with cheeks brimming red.

"I'm just relieved you're alright." He smiled gently at her.

"Yeah, it's thanks to Sayomi!" She cheerfully exclaimed.

"Sayomi..." He stared at me intensely.

"I haven't seen you before." He stated.

"My name is Sayomi Miyuki. I'm a new transfer student in the day class." I introduced myself and gave a smile.

"I see. My name is Kaname Kuran, I'm the dorm president of the night class. I'd like to thank you for saving Yuki." He smiled at me in "thanks".

"It was no problem, after all she's my friend." I smiled back at him. Of course, he wouldn't miss it. I need to put some distance.

As I was going to excuse myself, a hand reached out towards my neck. Cold blood rushed down through my right arm and moved with the intention to dismember the hand. I stopped right before that happened as I composed myself to find out the hand belonged to the young man in front of me.

"That necklace... It's beautiful, the ruby especially. Is it alright if I touched it..."

Even if he asked, his hand is still inching closer to it. I took a step back before he came in contact with my choker.

"I'm sorry but it's very important to me so I'm not fond of people touching it." I "kindly" smiled at him.

Before he responded, I quickly interjected.

"Kuran-senpai, shouldn't you head to class. You wouldn't want to be late." So please leave.

"Of course. But before I go, can I at least see your necklace. I promise I'm not going to touch it." He's not gonna give up is he.

"I'm sure that's fine, right Sayomi!" She looked at me with a face to accept his request. Of course, she can't refuse him.

"I'm sure... It won't hurt at all." Of course, it won't hurt but I'm still reluctant to show it to anyone.

But right before I was going to pull it out, Kiryu came in front of me.

"You better head to class, Kuran." Kiryu threatened.

Kuran didn't seem to care about his threat as he sarcastically said, "You're so scary, Kiryu." He walked back to the night class but he turned around.

"I do hope the next time I could have the chance to see your necklace. And Yuki, good work." He smiled gently as he began walking away with the night class.

"Of course!" Yuki responded.

I said nothing but instead let out a small sigh of relief. Too close.

"Tch. Can't that bloodsucker keep his eyes off others..." Kiryu softly murmured.

I stayed silent as I didn't intend to point out his mistake. I walked back to my dorm, but not without noticing Kiryu's gaze on me before shouting at the female students.

°°°

It was already night time, the night class is in session and the day class students are sleeping. Right now I'm in my dorm, wearing my casual clothes and looking out at the moon. Since everyone is either sleeping or in class, this could be a chance to explore the grounds. I better be careful though since I sense Yuki and Kiryu around. They must be patrolling the grounds. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I hid my scent and waited until my presence was completely invisible. That way, neither Kiryu nor the other night class students would sense me.

I jumped out of the window and silently landed on a tree. I need to search around to see if that's here. I stopped and tried to sense its presence. There's nothing here, I better move to another spot.

°°°

I've been to various spots and I still haven't found it. I've searched the entire side of the sun dorm so the only place left is the Moon dorms. It might be risky, since Kuran is much stronger he could easily sense me. For now I'll be searching at the edge of the moon dorm grounds.

As I was searching through the woods, I heard whispering near the class building of the night class students. I went to check it out, I landed on a tree to observe from a safe distance. I saw two female day class students, they must be sneaking in to take pictures of the night class. It's weird thinking how humans would go this far just to get close to someone because of their appearance. But they would still be taken away since I felt Yuki's presence coming their way. Yuki was telling them to get back to their dorms but they argued back. Until things took a bad turn. Yuki started bleeding. She quickly tried to get them back, she thought it was one of them that was bleeding. But it was too late.

She quickly took out her rod and swung it to her right. A blond haired boy caught it easily, sparks crackling within his palm. An orange haired boy was standing behind him, both of them are night class students. Vampires. They must have smelled the blood.

"Ah, it's Akatsuki Kain-senpai and Hanabusa Aidou-senpai from the night class!" The girls squealed.

"We came because we smelled blood. You're so cruel, Yuki-chan. We only came to check it out. Honestly." Aidou's eyes were turning red with bloodlust.

He started getting close to Yuki, she tried to push him away but he caught her hand. He is too strong for her.

"Did you know, your blood is so tempting..." His eyes turned red and licked her wound until he showed his fangs. The girls fainted and Kain was facing the other way, not stopping his friend. His fangs... bit her palm and... blood started dripping.

I lost control as I took Yuki's hand away from him and grabbed her rod and pressed it against his neck. I narrowed my eyes dangerously at him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I darkly warned. I made sure to keep most of my cool so I wouldn't have to release my aura.

"S-Sayomi?!" Yuki was astonished by my appearance, including Kiryu who's a few feet away from us. Aidou and Kain are surprised by my appearance, they must be thinking how a human is here. Ah, why am I getting myself into more trouble. I think I got infected by his carelessness.

"Could you please put that down. I'm sure he has already learned his lesson." Kuran appeared from the shadows. For now I'll comply because right now I'm in a complicated situation.

"I'll take care of this fool and wait for the headmaster's response. Kain, you are also responsible for not stopping him." Both of them shook in terror.

"Is that all right, Sayomi." He stared directly at me. He would have still taken them away even without my permission if it wasn't for Yuki here.

"Of course." I bluntly replied, not bothering to show a smile.

"B-But Sayomi, how come you're here?" She was seriously surprised.

"Oh! I just needed to ask the headmaster something but I kind of got lost looking for the office." I could have easily lied and Yuki would totally believe it. If it weren't for the fact that I was surrounded by people with sharp senses.

"Cut the bullshit. You're way far off from the office so how could you get lost. I saw you jump from a tree at an abnormal speed, something no normal person could do. Just what are you." Kiryu glared at me suspiciously and pointed his gun at me.

"Zero don't!" Yuki tried to stop him.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about." I knew acting innocent won't trick Kiryu but Yuki will stop him from doing anything reckless. That's what I'm counting on.

"Really, then how about this." He aimed directly at my heart, with the intention to fire. Guess it didn't work.

"ZERO!" Yuki shouted at him in horror.

Kuran just stood there while Aidou and Kain stared at the scene before them shocked.

Ah, I guess I have to do it.

Before Kiryu has the chance to fire; crouch, step forward, swing up to block, hold arm and kick left leg, then pull down and twist arm.

I had Kiryu on the ground: I had his arm locked behind his back, my knee digging into his back and my other arm pushing his head against the grass. Everyone looked shocked except for Kuran.

"You should be careful where you aim." I blankly stated, putting more of my weight on him. "What would have happened if it were human? You're just lucky I'm trained or you would have killed someone."

"Get off me!" Kiryu shouted from underneath me. I complied, then he stood up and glared at me.

"Trained?" Yuki asked in a confused manner.

"Well, let's say I'm no normal person. After all, I know a vampire when I see one." I narrowed my eyes at the vampires behind me. There's no use hiding it anymore.

Yuki spluttered in shock whereas Kiryu masked his shock.

"Well then, how about we talk about this with the headmaster. I'll be behind you once I sort them out." Kuran motioned the two vampires behind him.

It's probably best. For now... I need to lie to make it out.

°°°

"So... how exactly do you know about vampires?" Right now, I'm in the headmaster's office. Cross is questioning me with Kuran standing beside the headmaster's desk. Cross had Yuki and Kiryu wait outside the office.

"That's because I hunt them." I stated bluntly.

"Are you with the Hunter Association?" Cross questioned.

"No, I was trained by someone who knew about them." I replied.

"Who exactly?" Cross further questioned.

"They've never given me their full name. Just an alias, Knight." I kept a straight face as I answered.

Cross grew silent. He seemed to be pondering about something, Kuran noticed as well.

"Do you recognize any hunters by that name, headmaster?" He asked.

"No. It must be a freelancer, they aren't connected with the association. Though I didn't expect one to be involved in this situation." His expression became serious, "Sayomi, if this person trained you then what exactly is your relationship with them?"

Oh, I didn't expect this question to come up. Let's see...

"...They-They're sort of like my guardian. They saved me when my orphanage was burned down by vampires and took care of me, even taught me how to defend against vampires. But... um, legally, they don't have any custody over me." I lowered my eyes and fiddled with my fingers to emphasize my nervousness.

The headmaster's voice seemed to soften up, "I see... There are many hunters who take up and train children who had terrible experiences with vampires like yourself. You must be quite good if you're able to pin down Zero like that!" He praised my skills.

"... Thank you." I softly said.

"But... are you still in contact with that hunter?"

"Not anymore... we went our separate ways once I was accepted into the academy. They said I'd be able to take care of myself just fine once I graduated. So... I guess they didn't need to take care of me anymore."

"Is that so, then what made you decide to enroll in the academy? I'm sure your guardian had something planned for you."

"I wanted to experience a normal life, one without worrying about vampires. So, you can imagine my surprise when I saw the night class but I was relieved that our classes are different, so, I thought it would be fine if I just avoided them."

The headmaster chuckled, "Yes, imagine my surprise when I heard the transfer student found out about the night class' secret and even pinned down Zero."

"So... headmaster, am I in trouble?" I asked "nervously."

"No, of course not dear! We just needed to confirm some things from you." The headmaster assured me with a smile.

I raised my head, "Then am I free to leave?" I asked cautiously.

"Absolutely! Thank you for your time, Sayomi!" He cheerfully waved with a childish expression.

I stood up from my seat and slightly bowed to the headmaster and Kuran, then I walked to the door. (I briefly had eye contact with Kuran, he had that strange look in his eyes again.)

I walked out the headmaster's office and was met with Yuki and Kiryu, who were still waiting outside the room. I was met with Yuki's worried expression and Kiryu's glare.

"H-How did it go, Sayomi?" Yuki asked.

I threw an impassive glance at them, "It went well. I'm sure if you have any questions, the headmaster can answer them. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to rest in my dorm. Goodnight, you two." I waved dismissively at them and headed back to my dorm.

°°°

I finally arrived at my dorm and once I closed the door, I threw myself at my bed.

Ah, what a busy day - in a bad way. This was supposed to be an uneventful day, which I always managed to do. Except today. I know that someone would eventually get suspicious of me, I expected it would come from the night class.

I was fortunate that I put up a barrier around my mind in time or else Kuran would have been able to hear my thoughts and find out I was lying.

But it vexes me that I got exposed on the first day. I don't get this careless and get myself exposed so soon. This didn't happen during my previous missions except when I was partnered up with them.

But at least the objective was cleared...

Sigh.

Speaking of which, I should be receiving a call right about...

Then my comlink started vibrating from my table stand. I activated a sound proof barrier around the room. I quickly took my comlink from the table then pushed the button to open the link and call.

"Sayomi, I hope you're doing well. How did it go?" Ah, right off the bat. His instincts are as sharp as ever.

"The transfer to the academy went smoothly and have settled into classes with no trouble. Although the headmaster and two prefects are wary of my existence." I reported. I thought for a minute until I added, "and possibly the night class."

"How? I thought it was only supposed to be the headmaster." His voice went an octave lower.

"There were two night class students present when I exposed my abilities to the prefects."

"Do they know about your objective?"

"No. They think I'm a human that's been trained. I told them I was trained by an unknown hunter. They don't know anything else."

"I see... Well it's better than having our entire operation exposed so for now keep them from finding out more."

"I'll try. Two of them are already suspicious of me."

"Just try to keep yourself off the radar until we find more about the objective. Sigh, why did you get yourself exposed so soon, especially the very first day."

"I apologize for my mistake. I was intending to wait for a few more days but that from a few years back reappeared."

"I see, just try to not get into situations that will trigger it. But remember, there's no time to be distracted."

"I know. But I'm starting to think I got affected by his carelessness." I chuckled lightly.

"Haha, you could be right. Anything that involves him you immediately lose all reason and jump into wherever he is. So you'd definitely be affected by him, probably catching his carelessness, of course." I smiled as my face eased up at the thought of him.

"Yes, that's right. By the way, how are the others doing."

"Well, both of them successfully entered their positions. Although there are suspicions about them, I'm confident that with their talents they'll wash all the doubt away."

"I'm glad. At least things are going well with them. I'll patch things up here and continue my search."

"Please do. I better end our call. The young mistress is in need of my help. I'll call you again for any new updates."

"Yes, of course. And... Please send my condolences to the young mistress."

"I will. Please take care and be careful."

The call then came to an end. Ah, before I forget I made sure to send a message requesting that item I need. Then I deactivated the barrier and let my body properly flop on the bed.

Seriously, this is too much of a pain. Over the course of my stay here, I'll have to look out for Kiryu and Kuran. Maybe even the night class. There's a chance those night class students from before will tell the rest of them.

I'll think of something tomorrow. For now I want to sleep. This day has been too exhausting for me. I quickly changed out of my casual clothes and put on my sleepwear. It consisted of a light tank top and gray shorts then I untied my pigtails and put my ribbons on the side.

I let my eyelids close and darkness overtake me. A wonderful silence accompanied the low beating of my heart.

Let me hide these dark secrets from you until the sun rises.

This is how Sayomi looks like.
(This was created by me, the new version 2022)

Please vote and comment!
Look forward to the next chapter.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2.3K 79 32
This is my version of Kaname's perspective on what happens if the vampire knight crossed over to the diabolic lovers universe and what really happens...
4.6K 206 13
You don't know how you got here or why you are Yuki Cross. This anime that seems to be more and more like an actual reality. One that is so vastly di...
545K 16.7K 28
As the new transfer student in Cross Academy, you discover vampiric secrets and forbidden love there. Which vampire will capture your heart? This is...
3.9K 101 29
Oka Ruriko is the last of her family, who is believed to be completely lost forever. But when Oka starts attending Cross Academy at the request of on...