[SEULRENE] THE CHASE

By eajitothepower

Sunflowers still grows at night This story isn't mine. It's originally written in Vietnamese. Credit to the r... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 3

3.4K 89 12
By eajitothepower

Quiet night, Kang Seulgi lay on the bed, sleeping quietly. Normally, she was a very tough and stamina person. However, once she fell ill, the fever never stopped. Her face was red and smooth, meticulously hidden behind her jet-black hair. She doesn’t know how the weather turned out to be today, but Seulgi was so sad. Really, the latter is still not to be subjective to her health.

Suddenly, she felt a cold hand reach her face, gently brushing away the hair clinging to her face to the side. Still closing her eyes, Seulgi said tiredly.

"Are you back?" The other person did not answer immediately, just carefully caught Seulgi's hand that was left outside and put it in the blanket, then she heard the other person speak up.

"Well, the company doesn't have anything new today, you don't need to worry. Did you even get up a bit to eat porridge? Did you eat something since morning?" So it sounded very quiet in the large room. Seulgi felt a slight glare in her eyes, only to discover that the other person had just turned on the yellow light in the corner of the room, she slowly opened her eyes.

The first image conveyed to her brain, was a slender body, a long skirt with nitrogen dotted the earth. The familiar cherry aroma that was so spontaneous made her mind clear. The girl in front of her, is quite short with long hair. Today seems to have work, breaking the makeup of extremely beautiful. Seulgi tiredly leaned back on the bed, softly speaking.

"Yerim, look at me today ... different" Kim Yerim is cleaning her clothes around Seulgi's room and then going to cook porridge, laughing. She knew the implication in the other words was to praise her beautifully, so she just said softly.

"Today, there is a party to celebrate President Lee's grandfather, in total I cannot come, so they won't forgive me." goosebumps. Seulgi heard that and frowned.

"Lee president. How could I not refuse? I also know that he is wrong with me, I went alone to that place" Yerim also had no objection, just said softly.

"Aren't you going to Seul now? What else are you complaining about? Want to eat porridge on the bed or outside the kitchen?" Kim Yerim did not even care about Seulgi's discomfort, her hands were also cleaned up. She didn't want to go too far on Lee's chairman's problem. She knew him because she had five to seven times to cooperate with SY. Yerim did not deny it, just cleverly made the price for him to think that one day he would succeed in obtaining her and obediently pouring money into SY.

"Stay out of the kitchen" Seulgi sat up, dropped her legs, and immediately brought the prepared Yerim cotton slippers. The slender girl came before her, gently placing her hand on Seulgi's forehead. Feeling hot on the palm of her hand still hasn't decreased, Kim Yerim frowned.

"You've taken medicine already in the morning, so why not take again for fever?" She said and turned to go to the bathroom, squeezing out a cool towel. Then she practically went in front of Seulgi, replacing  with her face. Kang Seulgi, who had no energy, merely calmly closed her eyes to enjoy Kim Yerim's care. She said quietly.

"Go and change clothes, that’s an order Seul" Seulgi heard it, didn't wrap her around, Yerim gently handed Seulgi a towel and turned her back to the bathroom.

Seulgi quietly went out to the kitchen, saw Yerim's phone on the dining table constantly glowing, she went over to examine it, all the message from Lee chairman. Seulgi frowned slightly, why did this guy keep bothering her like that?

Though unconscious but still stunned, Seulgi sat with her hands on the table, waiting impatiently for Kim Yerim. Soon after, Yerim also changed into comfortable clothes, two-piece shirt and short pants, went out to cook porridge for Seulgi. She was just cooking and talking to person behind her back.

"How is the whole day at home?" Seulgi looked at the gentle movements of her back facing her, shrugging lightly.

"Nothing special. After reading the book, go to sleep." Yerim replied nothing, just smiled sweetly, thinking in her mind that when she was sick, it was like a big child. She brought her hands to stir the porridge, hid the rings to think, not knowing what to do today, was Seulgi thinking of Bae Joohyun? But she did not ask, only a quick way to finish cooking porridge, then quietly watching the other person obediently eat.

Seeing Seulgi eating each spoonful of porridge she cooked, she felt warm inside. Seulgi did not know either, she was unable to focus on anything today, only worried about her having fever at home. When going to a party, it is also a question to be uncomfortable, only to complete the procedure to appear then take the reason that her body is uncomfortable and regress. She looked at Lee's message and asked how she could have a smile. Stupid man! But never saw that she had someone else in her heart.

At the moment she was about to open her mouth to say something to Seulgi, her phone rang, the strange number, but in her heart she fell down. If she guessed it was not wrong.

"Hello, is this Kang Seulgi?" Seulgi was about to replied lazily, but then immediately opened her eyes, she said in a hurry.

"Irene?" Kim Yerim heard this name, her heart flared up again, but she did not say anything, just quietly lowered her eyes, smiling faintly. The story of Seulgi meeting Irene in her dream, she also knew that sooner or later. However, somehow when something really happened, it felt uncomfortable.

"Finally she called" she happily spoke up, her eyes were much more godly after hearing the familiar voice that she still remembered every day. Seulgi also thought Irene would never call her. It is true that the skill she uses is really effective.

"You? Not doing anything now, how do you come to pick me up? Fine, wait for me for a bit, then" Seulgi said urgently, then hung up. She looked at Yerim still sitting quietly in front of her. Only seeing her gently nod, she ran into the dressing room and smiled. Kim Yerim saw an excited look like a child, only shaking her head and laughing, standing up to clear her unfinished porridge bowl.

She was just washing the dishes while listening to Seulgi speaking from outside the door.

"Yerim, if I go home today, - .."

"Remember to leave the house card for Seul, I know." She finished Seulgi's sentence, then felt her heart cold as the sound of the door closing rang. She didn't know what to do but laugh.

The story of her love for Kang Seulgi, is completely voluntary. She was so in love with her, gentle, not stumbling, unbound. Even if her heart was always directed towards others, she still tried to admit it. Yerim has also grown up, she does not expect anything from Seulgi, simply wants to take care of her. Loving her, made her love and hate, she could not blame anyone.

Kang Seulgi sat in the car, happily going to the address Irene just mentioned. Suddenly remembering something, she dialed the phone to call a person. The familiar sarcastic voice of the person on the other end of the line made her laugh.

"Kang General is so excited today to call me." Seulgi scratched her nose, not caring about the other's child cracking, just speaking softly.

"Okay, Park Sooyoung, I don't have much to tell you. You go to my house to pick up Yerim to eat, she's alone and needs someone to eat with" As expected, as you think, Joy is angry at her.

"What is it? What do you have to do to leave her alone? Why are you free to take her out to eat and call me? Since when do you have an impulse, Kang Seulgi?" The words were harsh, but in Joy's mind, she didn't look out. This person, always jealous of her.

"I just called to say you like that, it's your right to come or not"

"You’re unbelievable" Seulgi only heard Joy say that much, then the call was turned off. She shook her head, then hit the steering wheel and turned a corner.

Irene didn't know before she called, Seulgi was in place. She thought not far away, because less than twenty minutes later, the BMW I8 car she saw the day before appeared. The car stopped in front of her, then its owner stepped down. Kang Seulgi today is wearing only a T-shirt and jeans and sports shoes, different from when they first met.

"Irene, hello," Seulgi said with a smile. Her warm and silly smile gave Irene an unbelievably familiar feeling, making her a little dumb, so she spoke lightly.

"Um, hello," she said, then reached up to lift her hair. Seulgi was still looking at her, her eyes like on fire. Irene was also grown up, no longer a high school girl like she used to, but didn't recognize the love in her eyes. Seeing Seulgi staring at her, she was a little nervous.

"What are you looking at?" She said softly, Seulgi just shook her head, then smiled slightly.

"Don't you wear makeup today?" Irene heard that, both annoyed and embarrassed. She also simply walked around the city, needing to wear makeup. Yet this person is not a bit delicately asked. Thinking so, Irene said uncomfortably.

"Does it hard for me to look at it? Or am I not allowed to leave because I’m not wearing make up?" Kang Seulgi heard Irene, who was childish, blaming her for being happy. Does she still want to leave? It has been more than half a month, Seulgi never accepted.

"I don't mean that. Your face is very beautiful, compared to when we were in high school, it was no different. I like it very much" softly responded. Why did she suddenly mention something back then? Is it still revenge on her or not?

Irene's reaction made Seulgi laugh, she walked over, naturally grabbing the other's hand, heading towards the door to step forward.

"Let's go, I'm hungry" When the two were settled in the car, Seulgi turned to ask Irene.

"What do you want to eat?" Hearing this question, Irene just shrugged her shoulders.

"Whatever. I invite you to thank you, so you choose." Although the words were cold, she was not rude. For Seulgi to offer thanks, it's thanks.

"Okay, so I decide"

Seulgi turned the steering wheel so the car started running away. On the way, no one said to each other. However, the two did not feel uncomfortable and embarrassed about this. On the contrary, Irene even felt that if she started talking, the atmosphere would become weird. Irene kept dropping her mind into her own thoughts, and Seulgi secretly watched her. About twenty minutes later, the luxury car stopped at a small ramen noodle shop along the road. Irene saw the familiar place a little surprised. This is one of her favorite eateries, where she hanged out frequently.

"Why are you still sitting here, get off the car" Seulgi said softly, startling her, hurriedly following her down from the car.

Together, they went to the small restaurant. Today is not weekend, so the shop is free of people. Seulgi sat on an empty table nearby, Irene also quickly sat down. The middle-aged woman, the owner, happily came to the place where the two were sitting.

"Little Hyun, who you brought today?" The woman asked, quickly cleaning the table. Irene heard that and smiled back.

"Aunt Kang, this is a friend" Seulgi heard that as she bowed to the woman in front of her.

"Hello, Auntie, I'm Kang Seulgi."

"Is it a Kang family? It’s good that today I came to the right time, not crowded, let me give you more food. What do you want to eat?" Seulgi heard that, tilted her head to look at Irene.

"What do you want to eat?" She asked gently, but without waiting for Irene to speak up, Aunt Kang smiled, quickly replying.

"Little Hyun is a patron here, she only ordered same as before, so I already knew what she was about to eat, I don't need to ask" Kang Seulgi's eyes lit up, then quickly told Aunt Kang .

"So can you gave us two of that" Irene looked a bit stunned at her, but didn't say anything either. Wait until Kang aunt left, she said quietly.

Seulgi smiled, reached for her chopsticks and spoon in front of her. She thoroughly cleaned them with a towel before handing them over to Irene. She shrugged.

"Anyway, I don't know what to eat, so I trust the patron"

Two bowl of hot noodles are brought in front of the two. Kang Seulgi immediately frowned. She ate spicy very badly, but the strong chili smell on her nose was showing her that the thing she was about to eat was very spicy. Smelling the food wanted her to choke and let it be eaten. However, Irene started to hold chopsticks up to eat well, making Seulgi stiffly hold the chopsticks. As expected, after the first spoonful of noodles, Seulgi's face turned red, and the sweat on her forehead followed along down the sides of her temples. And yet she just quietly ate. It was, her extreme miserable appearance didn't slip out of Irene's eyes. She ate while watching Seulgi struggling with a bowl of noodles, suddenly felt that she was stupidly cute. She smiled softly, pouring a glass of water in front of Seulgi.

"It's a lot of fun, isn't it? You are also very stubborn, eating without asking what it is. Before I took anyone to eat here, people also complained that I was a spicy monster, I was alone without anything." She said happily, making Seulgi feel music in her heart. Unexpectedly, such a spicy food was concerned by Irene, she also volunteered. So, even though the tip of the tongue started to numb from the spicy, Seulgi still tried to eat all her noodles. When the two finished eating, Seulgi stood up to pay for Irene's surprise.

"Hey! I told you, I invited you, why did you pay?" Irene wondered. Seulgi heard that, did not want to coax with her, just silently clicked her tongue, then smiled.

"Next time I'll let you pay, then I'll eat something expensive" Irene heard it, looked at Seulgi scornfully. Maybe she grew up, apart from her changing status and body, the nature that always calculated with Irene is still true. She smirked.

"How does SYG's Kang calculate to me?" Kang Seulgi did not argue with her, but on the other hand agreed with Irene, there was nothing to hide in the first half.

"Yes, such calculations can be enriched." Seulgi saw Irene pouting, not bothering to tell her anymore, happily dragging her into the car. She offered to take her for a walk, Irene did not object, no matter what she could eat, she could not go to sleep immediately.

Suddenly walking for a while, Seulgi stopped in front of a convenience store, then turned to tell her.

"Do you want ice cream?" She said that, because Seulgi felt that her stomach was a bit sore, very hot, showing that the sac of her stomach was not used to that kind of food. Seulgi is still sick, so she feels extremely uncomfortable. She needed something cold to control the growing pain in her stomach. Irene looked at the ice cream box in front of the door.

"I'm full, I can't eat anymore" However, Seulgi still didn't give up, she just said that they both need to eat and took Irene's hand, pulling her to the ice cream box. After a selection, Seulgi decided to take a two-stick ice cream to easily share it with Irene.

"Let me pay" Irene about to pay but once again stopped by Seulgi. She puzzledly looked at her, Seulgi just looked at her, then frowned.

"No way! I owe you a meal." Irene heard that, just wanted to laugh. Does she mean this ice cream is a meal? Please, Irene is not that mean.

"I can pay for the ice cream, then you can have a meal, why do you have to-" the statement was cut off by Seulgi.

"It can't be like that too. If you insist, I won't be able to see you after that." Seulgi just said that awkward sentence, then casually paid the ice cream, leaving Bae Irene standing behind. , bewildered look at her back. When the two of them were sitting on the bench opposite the store and eating ice cream, Irene asked what she had been wondering until now.

"What do you mean when you say you can't see me?" Seulgi was looking ahead, hearing her ask, turning to face her. She did not hurry to answer, just slowly ate, then slowly said.

"I'm afraid if I don't owe anything to you, I won't see you, but I don't want to be like that" Irene felt the words she heard sounded like is a joke. She was a little vague, suddenly thinking about something that was immediately rejected by herself. She vaguely guessed what Seulgi's statement meant, but still finally said.

"Why would you want to meet me?" Seulgi had eaten almost all of the ice cream, because of her words that were not funny. Irene was puzzled looking at her. This person, like to laugh like that. After that, she shook her head slightly.

"After all these years, I always wondered if you were really stupid or imitating idiot. That day, I couldn't see your mind. It's the same now. Of course, because I like you so I just wanted to meet you.” Kang Seulgi's words were light, but it was enough to make Irene stupid. So she thought right. Kang Seulgi, still likes her. However, it was also possible that she was planning to take revenge on her. Irene should not believe the words too much. It was just her sincere eyes that made her think. And she didn't like that.

"Let's go" Irene stood up and went to the car door. Seulgi watched her, smiling sadly. After so many years, she still didn't want to look at her. This heartless woman!

On the way back to Irene's house, the two still share in peace and comfort. Or only Seulgi feels comfortable. Irene on the other hand is very uneasy in her heart. She couldn't stop herself from thinking about Seulgi's statement. She had said, except for Kang Seulgi, that she had no problem with her pursuers. It was, from the time of school, all had left her life. Only Seulgi still had feelings for her, alone. This makes Irene think. She began to wonder.

Will she be wrong when that day overlooks her feelings?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 1.3K 24
Second book of Seulrene Preview story is available at Seulrene one-shot collection so check it out to find out what will happen Please upvote and sha...
6.5K 224 13
-GOT7 -BTOB -BTS -TWICE -REDVELVET -ETC. -Wendy -Mark -Taehyung (V) -MarkDy -WenV -WenBam -WenJin -WenIel -WenSeul (Seulgi and Wendy's frienship is g...
160K 4.4K 58
[YOU ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER] [KANG SEULGI X READER] (Just letting you know,It's like a Korean drama view.The videos or photos I'm using in the chapt...
12.9K 829 35
Can I? A story of two people adjusting to what is expected of them?