[SEULRENE] THE CHASE

By eajitothepower

Sunflowers still grows at night This story isn't mine. It's originally written in Vietnamese. Credit to the r... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 2

3.7K 99 18
By eajitothepower

From that day on, Bae Joohyun really did graduate from high school peacefully without Seulgi's harassment. With perfect academic achievement, she hasn’t had difficulty in getting an outstanding degree and is eligible to apply for a good enforcement academy.

Bae Joohyun was fond of her father than her mother. For her father was the greatest man, the image she always wanted to go to. She works in the enforcement industry.

From a young age, Irene was accompanied by her father to the police station for a walk.

For a long time, she was able to work in the judiciary, because of the country and the people had become part of her ideal life. That is the motivation for her to try hard for years. Now she is eligible to apply to the Police Academy. She just had to try to get the maximum score in the upcoming University exam, then one leg in the first class of Seoul Security University definitely belonged to her. This thought makes Irene nervous and happy. The feeling of being dressed up in the scene must be very satisfying!

So, in the summer of that year, she let her friends travel and celebrate, or party, she refused to stay at home to study. Stressful times and worries waiting for making Bae Joohyun forget about the sad eyes of the child whom she deeply hurt.

As time passed, it was already ten years since she graduated from high school. Bae Joohyun is now proud to become the captain of the city anti-drug conviction team. Although she entered the scene just a few years ago, but with the sharpness, the carefulness of the women and the solid ability that is not inferior to a man, Bae Joohyun helped the Korean see how she destroys many merchant lines, big drug sales. That way, she make the police look thorny but extremely splendid.

Not only has a solid career, but when Bae Joohyun grew up, it became a tendency to become infatuated by everyone. Her high-spirited beauty made many people surprised to know her true career. Bae Joohyun is like a very expensive fresh flower, just to watch, but not to touch.

Bae Joohyun herself is mature but arrogant. She attaches great importance to the knowledge and potential of her pursuing subjects and not the unruly love. Perhaps it is because this makes her value higher than the average female person.

The thought of Bae Joohyun's life kept calm, but in the sixth year of her criminal career, Irene met again the pimple of life.

In the evening, when Irene just woke up, she was about to drive around, then rushed somewhere for a meal. A busy day is also passing. Bae Joohyun let go of her mind absentmindedly following the busy traffic of Seoul. She was a person who did not like the noise, but liked the movement very much. Especially the nightlife of this place. Although it was a bit rushed, when looking from a car-proof glass window like now, there was no noise, all became strangely rhythmic.

Going to a deserted intersection, yet her car died. Bae Joohyun sighed, but she was not angry. A few days ago, when she just drove this car to work in the flood, Irene told herself that when going back to Seoul, it will be maintained, but because of the busy work, Irene forgot. Now dying is easy to understand. She got out of the car and pulled out her phone to call her subordinates.

"Eun-ae, where are you?" Irene asked. Eun-ae is her deputy. Temperament is agile, strong, young but quite workable.

"I'm going to eat. Captain, what's the matter?" Eun-ae is simple but honest. She felt quite strange. Her captain is usually cold, and she’s lazy to talk to her. Something must have happened.

"Ah, there is a little need for you. When you finish eating, is it possible to get to Hongdae intersection to save me? my car is dead." The deputy thought in her mind, that she could finish it all the time in order to be able to help the captain right away. After that, crying silently. “So big, how can I finish eating in a short time?” Call the shopkeeper to remove the box to bring it back only. She would rather be hungry and not want to be guilty of the captain. She was always indifferent, only afraid that if she did not hurry up, the next time the captain would be taken to ice. Just when she was about to bite her teeth and tell Irene that she was going to come immediately, she could hear it clearly at the other end of the line, a very low voice.

"This lady, do you need any help?" Eun-ae is happy. In her heart, thank the stranger for being a help.

Bae Joohyun is waiting for the subordinate's answer to be distracted by the voice. She turned her head slightly to the voice. The eyes immediately widened in surprise. Bae Joohyun stood still looking at the person in front of her, the person in the phone impatiently followed-up the question.

"Captain, so ... help or not help?" Eun-ae asked cautiously. The stranger, pleased hand out the meaning of union, not only save a person but save two people! Eun-ae was so hungry, there was no strength left to spend the night with the ice. She also need some warmth, need a little bit of people.

Irene after a moment of dismay remembering that she was still talking to Eun-ae, she hastily coughed, shook her head slightly.

"Ah, nothing. Annoying" Irene said quietly on the other line.

“I'm still waiting for your answer” The person who spoke made her even more certain, in front of her, is Kang Seulgi who was rejected every year by the school. The tone is lower, but still very familiar. The five-starred officers are still the same, still unchanged. Still the face of that incorruptible character, but different from a spoiled teenage girl, in this person now exudes a kind of temperament and power.

Ten years have passed, Kang Seulgi is now tall and buoyant, compared to Bae Joohyun, a head apart. The long narrow eyes were the same as the day when she looked at her intently, could it be just the spirit in her eyes that was much more stable.

"Kang Seulgi?" She involuntarily let out a voice. The other person, a dark and obedient body, did not hurry to answer but only approached in front of her, she smiled. Irene looked at this smile, five familiar parts, five unfamiliar parts. She had never believed in a charming affair, did not think it was such a long time and could meet again. People are growing up many people are alike, so she is not sure if she is looking at the right people. Just the person in front of her, compared to Kang Seulgi, she hated the old days, so different.

"Are we acquainted?" Seulgi asked the person in front of her. It is true that long time no face, beautiful girl beyond her imagination. But, over the years, experiencing so many things, Seulgi also learned how to embrace her emotions inside. So no matter how emotional it is now standing in front of Irene, the girl she loves, she is tired inside but outside Seulgi is still calm and smiling. It was this smiling calmness that made Irene feel confused. She shook her head slightly.

"No, probably not," she said. Even though she have claimed that the person in front of her is Kang Seulgi, if people say so, Irene doesn't want to do it either. And yet Seulgi smiled like she did not smile for long time, then walked close to her. Until Irene felt her warm breath softly brush on her forehead.

"Is it embarrassing to be my acquaintance, Hyun?" This familiar name, only one person in the world would dare to call her. The person in front of her is indeed Kang Seulgi. However, Irene still petrified after her sentence. Although she was sure, but when she really knew she was right, Irene was still bewildered.

Why can .. coincide like that?

"Do you recognize me?" Seulgi heard this sentence and laughed softly. She shrugged slightly, making the vest's shoulders gently shrink together. The tall girl still staring straight at Bae Irene made her uncomfortable.

"What are you saying, Hyun? I never forgot you" Seulgi just gently let go and walked away to Irene's face to go to her white BMW X6.

"Coincidentally, how can we all get the same car?" Seulgi smiled and spoke, just a simple joke, without hope Irene would answer. At this point Irene noticed the luxurious black BMW I8 parked opposite her car. When she was in high school, she used to think of Seulgi's poor academic record, when she grew up she would only become a mediocre employee. Irene shrugged, anything could happen in life. She turned her head to observe Seulgi again.

After a few attempts to start the car but failed, Seulgi turned her head straight to her car, started a bad engine to hit the steering wheel and ran to Irene's nose. She quickly got off the car, only gently speaking, like announcing to Irene.

“Fortunately for me, I have a cord in the car. Let me hook you up to start the electric car, and then take the car to change the bottle later in the morning.” Seulgi didn't wait for Irene to answer, going to the trunk of the car then took out the necessary equipment. She connected a wire to her car's battery, connected the other end to her car battery, and then sat in the driver's seat in turn to start the engine. Irene's car suddenly started to boot. When it was over, Irene looked at Seulgi again.

"What are you doing here?" Seulgi heard a suspicious smell in Irene's voice, then scratched her nose and smiled. She crossed her arms and looked at her.

"I have to ask you, is this true? How do you work here, how can you be here?" Seulgi said and pointed at the building behind Irene's back. Bae Joohyun looked at the towering skyscraper.

"What do you do?" Seulgi heard that, not too quickly to pull out the business card from Irene's pocket. She took the black-blue business card in white letters and frowned.

"Do you really work here?" The words "General Director" of the import and export group of medicines and pharmaceutical products SY made her startled. Irene looked up at her. Seulgi nodded silently. As if looking at Irene's eyes, she lost her nerve. Seulgi pleased to speak up.

"What's wrong? Never thought that Kang Seulgi will do such things in the past?" Bae Joohyun looked at her, silently assessing the opponent. Indeed, compared to Seulgi that day, she could not read the thoughts of the person in front of her. However, her sympathy was not due to her status but increased. Irene just said nonchalantly.

"Whatever. Anyway, thank you for helping me. If I have a chance to invite you," she was just polite so she said it. It was Seulgi who kept her thick, thick face, she stood in front of her.

"You can't promise it, you have to do it. You have my number, call me. I won't take your number to remind you, to see if you don’t mind." Seulgi was originally want Irene to take out to eat right now. However, her personality, she also understood a few parts. Things forced, she will not agree to follow. However, things related to her own beliefs, Irene will really care. Kang Seulgi successfully hit a psychological blow on her, making her call her anyway.

"Come back now, it's late" Seulgi turned back to her car, turned her head and ran away. “Before leaving, do not forget to remind Irene to remember to call me.” After that, the car gradually disappeared in the night. Bae Joohyun was sitting in the car now, her eyes reflected a reflection when she looked at the card in her hand.

At night, when she came home, it was late. Irene pushed the door into the house, the lamp was also lazy. She sat down, leaning against the door, sighing. Irene looked at the flickering light in the window and thought.

Today her team has just been entrusted with the task of accepting a rather complicated case involving a large drug trafficking line operating overseas, whose main focal point is in Seoul. The beautiful face in the dark was clearly tired. She had a little hesitation about whether or not to accept this case, and it sounded like a rather complicated case, and her teammates all shook their heads for forgiveness. However, Irene's personality is tough, like the challenge. The more dangerous the case, the more difficult it was, the more she wanted to commit herself. She was just thinking for her subordinates, so she wondered. It is to look at their abuses, she feels angry again, if not quickly eliminated, the consequences will be more severe. So, in a hot minute, Bae Joohyun didn't even think her teammates would be struggling, she pulled out her phone to call her superior.

"Boss, I will accept this mission." Immediately, she heard the sound of a middle-aged man snoring at the other end of the rope.

"It's good Irene, really a complicated case like this needs someone as cautious as you. All the information will send to you early in the morning tomorrow. Good completion of this case, will definitely be promoted." Bae Joohyun smiles and smiles, nothing to say again. She answered lightly.

"Boss, I know. Good night."

"Good night" Leaving the phone aside, Bae Joohyun pulled out the business card inside her chest, staring at it. Meeting Kang Seulgi, was something she never expected. When she learned that she was holding such a high position, she did not get surprised. All that happens tonight is like a dream. It was so sudden, not in her intentions that Irene was a bit unprepared. She suddenly thought about how badly she had rejected Seulgi in the past, she was a little anxious in her heart, just seeing herself doing so was true. If she didn't hurt her self-esteem so deeply. What did she do? Well, she didn't want to think about what she had done before. It was all over, looking at Seulgi's attitude towards her now, probably throwing that back.

Irene lazily went to the bathroom. Not long after, the sound of water flowing through the room rang. True thirty minutes later, the body of the image of the old man came out, flopped on the bed, heavy sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 2K 39
I republish this story after change some of the storyline. The first version is moving too fast and looked unrealistic. I hope everyone will like the...
231K 5.7K 52
Seulgi is inlove with Irene but Irene loves Wendy and so Wendy "Seulgi do you love me?" "I do" --------- "I can give up everything for you" "Seulgi...
6.5K 224 13
-GOT7 -BTOB -BTS -TWICE -REDVELVET -ETC. -Wendy -Mark -Taehyung (V) -MarkDy -WenV -WenBam -WenJin -WenIel -WenSeul (Seulgi and Wendy's frienship is g...
160K 4.4K 58
[YOU ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER] [KANG SEULGI X READER] (Just letting you know,It's like a Korean drama view.The videos or photos I'm using in the chapt...