[SEULRENE] THE CHASE

By eajitothepower

Sunflowers still grows at night This story isn't mine. It's originally written in Vietnamese. Credit to the r... More

Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 1

8K 147 58
By eajitothepower

They met when they were both in school. The two were separated by three classes and had been in the same school for a long time, longer than the time one of them could remember.

And destiny is always an irony when the sky cannot understand people's hearts but for both of them to become two completely opposite personalities.

Bae Joohyun (Irene), the girl who was always praised even when she just  sat in the school chair. Seventeen-year-old full moon, she is not only an excellent student of the school but also possesses brilliant beauty as a summer form. She is the class leader with remarkable academic achievement, the leader of the school's prestigious representatives. And of course, such a perfect person always has many, many pursuers.

Bae Joohyun never felt troublesome about the people who wanted to live and die. She had to try very hard to reach today, so she considered herself worthy of receiving admiration from everyone. So, Irene with regard to the feelings she received was always a faint smile, not a bit mindful, not a bit uncomfortable.

Except one person.

It's Kang Seulgi!

Kang Seulgi has a very bad impression in Bae Joohyun's eyes. Aside from she only did not study well, her education was at a moderate level, but also a vandal. In the list of people pursuing Bae Joohyun, only Kang Seulgi alone gets her blacklisted.

Irene doesn't remember when she became hateful of Kang Seulgi. She only knew that she was assigned as Secretary, that was to guide students in how to be admitted to the Team, to the Union, to facilitate university life later.

Irene received this honor since she just entered the tenth grade. At first, she felt this was not too difficult. Everyone did very well what was delivered and was easily admitted under her help.

Only Kang Seulgi alone, like a pimple, could not make it all the way to the team. It has been three years, the only thing that happened was to follow the essay’s request and she couldn't do it. From year to year, forgiving and forgiving, Seulgi is still not admitted. Bae Joohyun felt like she wanted to challenge her stamina. Everytime at school, seeing her face and those damned eyes, she has nothing to do but sigh.

Irene hates Kang Seulgi. She did not understand why in this world there existed a person like her. Seulgi was three years younger than she was, but she had no way to speak for her smoothly.

At first she thought only that this child needed a lot of flexibility. However, Kang Seulgi is like a bomb, it's like she wants to explode. No one knows, how much discomfort she has for that person. For a serious and respectful person like her, she was extremely eyesore. She was the one who made her unable to fulfill her Secretary job. If anyone knows, will think that she does not help Seulgi.

Until the twelfth grade, Irene was really panicked when once again, she met Kang Seulgi in the class. After a quiet summer, Irene really thought that her burden was finally relieved, but no! She appeared again with that demon-like face. Irene took attendance and wanted to break the pen she was holding. Her mouth muttered.

"Kang Seulgi, you definitely won't leave me, are you?"

The reason, she said that was because Seulgi bothered her. She always made excuses to meet her privately on the pretext of needing her to help her write an essay to admit the Union. Seulgi called her for free, and then demanded to see her. Every time Joohyun had to agree, in front of Seulgi, she said all the words, all the way, even tell her what exactly to write, she was spoon fed her. Irene really didn't understand if it was because of Seulgi's idiot or she was a fool, but what she conveyed could not help her gain enough points. She hated the most the way she used to call her.

“Hyun, Hyun, Hyun, Hyun, listen to me!”

Her summer from the eleventh year to twelve was different. Not a call, nor a message from Seulgi made her quite sure that she had finally escaped Seulgi's follow-up. Yet now, she has to face her again, so obnoxious!

During the whole lesson, Irene kept glancing at Seulgi occasionally without sighing. She really felt sorry for the next Secretary, when this year was her last year. Irene will escape Seulgi soon. It was, Seulgi was still three years away to torture the next Party Secretary. Irene doesn't care, whatever.

She had done it all, Seulgi still couldn't do it.

However, after the first semester of her senior year, she received a negative news, that is, if Kang Seulgi could not enter the group during her term, Bae Joohyun would only be evaluated for four stars in Group activities. Although the four stars were already very good, but for the perfectionist like her, four stars as an insult, cold water splashed into her face.

Irene was mad, she tried her best to make everything perfect. But she could not because a foolish madman dumped her efforts. Irene boldly walked into the corps office to search for Seulgi's essays, watching what she wrote in the end, and every song was slipped.

The more Bae Joohyun felt, the more the hot blood was boiling in her body. All Seulgi had submitted, compared to what she had shown her, a little bit unrelated. Seulgi always protested against the request mercilessly, the essay in the eighth grade was also remarked as "Political assault, false thoughts" when she constantly protested about the problem that students must have. The sense of putting organizations above one's own interests. It is true that Bae Joohyun does not agree, but is there any objection now? What the hell is Kang Seulgi doing?

She crumpled her essay, then zoomed out. Bae Joohyun knows where Kang Seulgi can be found.

Going straight to the abandoned laboratory in Block B after the school, Bae Joohyun opened the door, then went through the thick smoke inside. This is the area where Seulgi and her spoiled friends often gather to smoke cigarettes.

Irene saw Seulgi's thin figure sitting in a small corner talking to the guys that she was smoking cigarettes with. She hated the smokers, so she sniffed her nose with her hand, went to Seulgi who was sitting, and directly tossed the crumpled pieces of paper into her face.

"Kang Seulgi!" Irene screamed making the room nearly ten people shut up. Seulgi was turning her back on Irene. But just hearing the sound is enough to know who calls her. There is only one person in this world who calls her name. Seulgi slowly stood up, turned around to look at her. She did not expect that today she actively came to find her. Seulgi smiled happily.

"Hyun", Bae Joohyun saw that smile and she was extremely uncomfortable. However, when she was about to open her mouth, the smoke came flying and made her cough. She rushed out to make Seulgi follow behind. When both of them reached the empty garden behind, Irene stopped.

"What's the matter? Looking for me?" Seulgi gently asked, watching Irene's beautiful face slowly reddening with anger. This appearance of her, was already too familiar. So, it seems that this time, she is really, very angry.

"When will you ever leave me?" Irene slapped Seulgi in the face. She was a bit surprised by Irene's language. Although it was said before that she was angry with her, but never used such words to her. Seulgi stood in front of Irene's fire-like eyes, somehow feeling scared inside. She wanted to reach out and grab her by the wrist but was quickly dismissed by her.

"Don't touch me!" she shouted. Seulgi heard that and just reached behind, then asked softly.

"Hyun, what's wrong?" Bae Joohyun felt that this person really wanted to kill her. Irene gasped, hugging her hips.

"Did you ask me? After all this time, I showed you how to write an essay, but you wrote down a pebble to be slipped. Do you know that because this my efforts are about to collapse. is it?" Seulgi heard that, finally understanding and ended up poking Irene so badly. She scratched her nose, laughing.

"Ah, is that it? Irene, do you really not realize it?" Seulgi asked. The quiet, delicate face made Irene even more angry.

"Realize what?" she answered angrily. However, contrary to her attitude, Seulgi smiled shyly. The smile that Bae Joohyun hates most in the world.

"It's because of you" Bae Joohyun finished listening and her mind went wild. Did she joke with her? What for? She was always very helpful and helped her, what was it for her?

"You are crazy, I let you talk again. You said that because of me, you admitted or not? Why don't you think it's because of me- .." interrupting what Irene was about to say.

"No. I -  ... really don't you realize it? Why I’m not admitted, it's not that I can't write a good essay. It's because I don't want to. I don't want to be admitted, to continue to go to the Union, to continue to see you" Seulgi said, her eyes filled with love for Irene that made her goosebumps. She finally understood why Seulgi always objected to the request, which was because she did it on purpose. It was too tiring for her to think that Seulgi had some intellectual problems and tried to help her. Inferior!

Irene is still not sure how to speak back to Seulgi's confession, she spoke up before breaking the silence between the two.

"Irene, I like you" Seulgi looked at her with the most sincere eyes, gently speaking out the words of love for the girl in front of her. This feeling, she have been pent up for a long time.

She liked Bae Joohyun since she just entered high school. She was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. Seulgi tried to do everything to get Irene's attention. However, during the years she tried to study, Irene didn't even know who she was. When she became famous, Irene kept an eye on her. Seulgi's immature soul only thought that if Irene cared about her, it would be good. And the only chance she could make an excuse to meet her was related to the Team. Seulgi knew once she was admitted, she and Irene would be like strangers. So, she tried to let herself slip from time to time. The main purpose is also to meet Irene, to talk to Irene. If now Irene said she didn't like her like that, she would change for her.

"Hyun, I know I don't have anything to offer to you now. But as long as I accept it, I will definitely-" This time it was Seulgi who was interrupted by Irene. Responding to Seulgi's sweetness is Irene's smirk. She raised her hand in front of her.

"No need to say it. I understand. Then I will tell you straightaway too. I think, Seulgi, you should get rid of that thought," she said, a sharp look like a knife stabbing into a young heart. Seulgi's. She was sure that she would refuse, but somehow she herself had a little hoped for herself.

"Someone like you, doesn't end up with me" After that, she just turned and walked away, leaving Kang Seulgi behind, her gaze still on her until her shadow disappeared behind the canopy.

The other thing, she didn't care anymore. If she really has an appearance, she should know how to do it.

And just as she thought, after her statement, Irene didn't see Seulgi go to the academy anymore. Near graduation, she also received a five-star certificate from the school. Irene was pleased to look at the certificate, she chuckled. “Kang Seulgi, you must thank me for it.”

When it was only a few days before she graduated, Irene thought she would be peaceful until graduation, but she was wrong. On the school's year-end sports festival, Seulgi headed to her confession again.

Kang Seulgi from Irene's words that day was heartbroken but trying to make Irene change her mind about her. She did not understand the meaning of her words at all, what kind of person did she hate like that after all? After that, Seulgi thought innocently, perhaps if she tried to change herself in a better way, Irene would think again. So, she buried herself in the school yard, practicing day and night. After nearly a year of hard work, Seulgi finally got ready to fight.

Indeed, the Blue Sky did not let anyone please, she won the first prize in the athletics field at the end of the school year. Seulgi smiled, happily accepting congratulations from friends standing around. But from the beginning to the end, her eyes are always directed towards a girl. Her face is always calm. However, whenever she looked at her, the silence turned cold and indifferent. Seulgi did not understand, but Irene's appearance is really attractive to her. So, she did not mind, her face still thick, she wanted to approach Irene.

Kang Seulgi cheerfully picked up the trophy she had just reached, rushing in front of Irene who was sitting on the stage. Although she lost her strength and was breathing hard but still smiled gently at Irene, making her extremely uncomfortable. Feeling how many eyes were looking at her, Irene frowned, annoyed to turn away but Seulgi quickly held her hand.

"What do you want?" She pulled her hand away from Seulgi's grip.

"Irene, I really like you" Seulgi repeated that sentence. Bae Joohyun stared at her, unexpectedly in this crowded place and she dared to tell her that. Irene heard the voices of the people around her who were beginning to chatter and felt like they were being played. What does Seulgi think? What a face!

However, she still tried to keep her cool, gentle response.

"I thought, I gave you Seulgi the answer." Being rejected infront of the crowd, was a bad thing. However, Seulgi still doesn't care about her face. She still smiled and said to Irene.

"Irene, I tried to change for you. I don't know if this is enough, but .. Can you give me a chance? Actually, I don't understand your previous words, but tell me, what kind of person do you want me to be?”

For a girl, hearing these words will definitely melt. However, Irene is not that kind of dream girl. She was extremely realistic, someone worthy of her at least had to be as good as her, or more. It was ridiculous that Seulgi could simply think that what she did was enough. Alright, Joohyun is also thinking of Seulgi, it would be better to hurt once than persistent pain. She would be here to humiliate her, let the young girl hate her, then disappear from her life forever.

"Seulgi, I think you misunderstood my meaning. I don't expect you to become someone like that" Irene smirked, coldly saying. Everyone around was frozen by her coldness. Only Seulgi kept raising hope, she frowned slightly, but her mouth was still smiling, waiting for her to say the next sentence.

"Let me make it simple, Seulgi, you and me, we never stand on the same level"

A simple sentence, knocking down the whole world of a fourteen-year-old kid. Bae Joohyun left, she has no idea of how cruel this trauma had hurt Kang Seulgi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.8K 2.8K 33
A girl named Kang Seulgi. She is a member of a girlgroup called Red Velvet. Her position at the group is a Lead Vocal and a Main Dancer. Who knows th...
35.7K 1.3K 24
Second book of Seulrene Preview story is available at Seulrene one-shot collection so check it out to find out what will happen Please upvote and sha...
249K 9.1K 24
"Meeting you must be destiny" -Irene PUBLISHED: 4 JULY 2017 COMPLETED : 30 SEPTEMBER 2017
6.5K 224 13
-GOT7 -BTOB -BTS -TWICE -REDVELVET -ETC. -Wendy -Mark -Taehyung (V) -MarkDy -WenV -WenBam -WenJin -WenIel -WenSeul (Seulgi and Wendy's frienship is g...