Renae Dreams 2

De _jasthewriter

dé·jà vu / déjà vu noun: a feeling of having already experienced the present situation. Also known as a tedio... Mai multe

1.) Same love
2.) Haters link up
3.) Where it started
4.) Reports & Repercussions
5.) When in Greece
6.) Heartfelt Confessions
7.) His reason to breathe
8.) Promise
9.) Say What?
10.) Touch down
11.) February 2nd
12.) Drunken Mind
13.) Rocky
14.)
15.) Making it right
16.) Friend?
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)
21.)
22.)
23.)
24.)
25.)
26.)
27.)
28.)
29.)
30.)
31.)
32.)
33.)
34.)
35.)
36
37.)
38.)
39.)
40.)
41.)
42.)
43.)
44.)
45.)
46.)
47.)
48.)
49.)
50.)
51.)
52.)
53.)
54.)
55.)
56.)
57.)
58.)
59.)
60.)
61.)
62.)
63.)
64.)
65.)
66.)
67.)
68.)
69.)
70.)
71.)
72.)
73.)
74.)
75.)
76.)
77.)
78.)
79.)
80.)
81.)
83.)
84.)
85.) The Wedding
86.) The Reception
87.) The End To The Beginning

82.)

2.9K 144 86
De _jasthewriter

Songs I listened to writing this chapter:
Chris Brown x Paradise • Lloyd x Players Prayer • Chris Brown x Don't Judge Me • Rayana Jay x Everything • Kevin Gates x Jam • Jhené Aiko x Stay Ready
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           It was May the 8th, the family would be in Jamaica in 3 more days preparing to fly out to Bulgari. Eve's birthday was May 11th and she decided to use flying out of the country as a birthday gift due to this month being the focus on the wedding. Renae was in the living room showing the twins a few dance moves and to her surprise they were keeping up, Ayanna, Kingston and Kwan were next door discussing things and making sure they had everything perfectly in order.

"No, keep your right foot planted KK," Renae coached when Kaari misstepped.

Kaari looked over at Reign then back at Renae and watched as she stepped to the right then forward and kept her right foot planted as she spun around.

Kaari chewed the inside of her cheek and became serious as she mimicked Reign then got excited when she spun around perfectly.

"Good job mama," Renae smiled.

"Let's pick up the tempo some," Renae said as she switched the song to something more upbeat.

Standing back next to the girls, she counted down from 3 before she began dancing.

"Your papa would call this crunk dancing," Renae giggled and Reign and Kaari stared at her confused.

From the way her body was moving they were slightly confused because to them it seemed as if she was twerking and they recalled getting in trouble whenever they did the booty dance.

"I not shake my booty," Reign said and Kaari nodded in agreement.

"It's not bo— ok well, maybe that is too much," Renae giggled.

"Hmm,"

After pondering for a few, Renae changed the song and when Chris Brown, Transformer came on the twins got excited.

"Let me see what y'all got," Renae smirked sitting down.

Reign started waving her arms in the air and Kaari clapped and stomped her feet to the beat. Reign placed her hands on the carpet and tried to kick herself up into a handstand and Renae busted out laughing at her failed attempts but also found it amusing that they both had their own definition of freestyle dancing.

For an hour Renae watched the girls enjoy themselves and even helped them land a few front flips and headstands. She could see that they inherited her dancing gene but it seemed as if Reign had a stronger attachment to it.

After another 30 minutes, Renae had the twins in the tub while she sat on the side watching them as she thought back to her childhood.

11+ years ago

"It says here that you were in the yellow today, what the hell you doing getting yellow?" Egypt scolded holding her leather belt as she eyed 8-year-old Renae.

"I was only yellow for twenty m—" before Renae could finish explaining Egypt hit her back with the belt.

"How many times do I have to tell your ass not to show off for your little friends huh? It says you were trying to be a class clown, last I checked won't shit about you funny!" Hitting Renae with the belt again, Egypt yoked her up by her collar and gripped her face.

"Cry, I dare you! Give me a reason to cave your fucking back in," the look in her eyes had Renae scared to even breathe, the sting from the belt was making it hard for her not to cry but she refused to get hit again.

"Where's your homework?"

"I-I don't have any," Renae stammered.

Egypt squinted her eyes at her before shoving her away and picked up her binder and snatched her pink folder out.

"Stand yo ass right there, I'm not done with yo ass yet,"

Frightened, Renae did as told but was getting nervous the further Egypt searched through her things.

There was a slip in there that she hid and if Egypt discovered it she knew she would be in a world of trouble.

As if Egypt had read her mind, she pulled out the in class detention slip and rose a brow. "Your black ass got detention and tried to hide it?"

"I-I... I was go—" the force of the belt across her back sent Renae flying face down into the carpet.

"You just keep lying and hiding shit! You don't learn do you!" She roared hitting Renae repeatedly ignoring her cries.

"I. Am. So. Sick. Of your. Black. Ass. Hiding. Shit." She gritted between each whip, each stronger than the other.

Hearing a car door close, Egypt ceased her actions, yanked Renae up and shoved her towards the hall ignoring her cries.

"Take yo ass in the room and you better not come out until I say,"

With a tear-stained face, a burning back and stinging arms, Renae hurried to her room seconds bed Bryson walked through the door with Dajon right behind him.

"Where's Zuri?" was the first thing Bryson asked that made Egypt mentally roll her eyes.

"In her room, her ass got in trouble at school again,"

Dajon noticed the look on her face and went to make his way towards Renae's room until she stopped him.

"She's on punishment, go eat your ice cream at the table,"

When he walked away, Bryson stepped further into the living room and examined the area before looking at an obvious pissed off Egypt.

"Did you beat her or talk to her?" He questioned noticing the belt.

"Both," she answered stuffing Renae things back into her folder and binder so he wouldn't see the good notes her teachers left.

"You wanna explain to me why the palm of your hand is red or do I even have to ask?"

"She's not your child Bryson so don't start,"

"I'll be damned, far as I'm concerned she's my kid just like DJ, don't you start this bullshit with me today Egypt, I don't understand why you act this way regarding her," he spat.

"You won't beat her when she acts up so it's up to me, get out my fac—"

"Shut up, you act as if abusing her turns your ass on or something," he stressed cutting her off.

Before she could reply, Bryson left out the living room to check on Renae.

Rolling her eyes, Egypt got up and headed into the kitchen knowing he wouldn't raise his voice at her if she was around Dajon.

As she grabbed the bowl out the cabinet Bryson stormed at the room holding a distraught Renae in his arms.

Dajon looked over at his older sister and the welt she had on her arm hurt his feelings, he saw the look on Bryson's face and got up from the table and ran into his room.

"What the hell is your problem!" Bryson barked putting Renae down and lifted up her shirt revealing the bruises.

"You did not talk or just spank her, this is some fucking slave shit! What is wrong with you!"

"Look at her fucking back!" He yelled grabbing her face when she tried to look away.

"Don't you EVER in your fucking life let me find out that you so much as tapped her or so help me God, I will file for custody and take her and DJ from your ass do you hear me?"

Egypt looked at Renae with a mug on her face and Bryson gripped her face and narrowed his brows.

"Did you fucking hear me?"

"Mhm," She hummed.

"You don't do shit like this, I'm not sending her to school because the second her teacher sees that, CPS will be here in a heartbeat, fucking sick," he shook his head releasing her and picked Renae up.

"Cook dinner for yourself, I'm not staying here tonight," he added before heading towards the back.

Minutes later Bryson exited out Dajon's room with bag and Dajon right on his trail.

"And where the hell are you taking my kids?"

Ignoring her, Bryson snatched the front door open and let Dajon and Renae walk out first before he walked out sure to slam the door behind him.

***

Present time

         Kingston's voice had brought Renae back to reality, she hated that she's been thinking about her mom lately and no matter what she tried she couldn't rid her harsh memories.

Seeing the look on her face and the tears running down her cheek, Kingston's face softened as he stepped further into the bathroom.

The twins were staring at Renae with their bottom lips poked out.

"What's going on with you?" Kingston asked pulling Renae up.

"Nothing... I'm fine," she smiled faintly wiping her face.

King furrowed his brows and studied her briefly before looking at the girls.

"Go lay down, I got dem," he told her.

Without saying anything, Renae nodded and made her way out the bathroom.

King squatted down and grabbed the girls body rags and cleaned them off and spoke with them to lighten the mood.

After spending 15 minutes telling him about them dancing and how bad their toys were being, Kingston let the water out the tub, rinsed them off then got them out.

With their custom made robes on, Kingston let the girls run around the bedroom playing tag as he looked for their clothes and glanced over at Renae every few seconds.

After getting the girls dressed and laying them down for their nap, Kingston climbed in bed in front of Renae and stared at her as he played in her hair.

"What's going on ma, talk to me?"

"I'm ok King, just had a bad flashback," she assured.

Scooting closer into her, King wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on top of her head as he rubbed her back.

"Talk to me,"

"I don't want to give it any life, I'm ok I promise,"

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I promise," she replied.

"You know I love you right?"

"Always babe," she smiled softly.

"I got a surprise for you,"

Renae lifted her head and smirked at him, "what kind of surprise?"

"You actually can't see it until after we get back from Bali," he informed and she pouted.

"Can I get a hint?"

"Nope," He smirked.

"Just a tiny one babe," she cheesed and he chuckled.

"No ma'am, not dis time," he replied.

"Give me a hint babeee" she cooed kissing on his neck.

"Not gonna work, I'm not dat weak," he chuckled.

"Oh really?" She challenged raising a brow.

Nodding, King smirked when she used her tongue to trace his A tattoo before she straddled him.

"Can I get a hint now?" She asked sucking on his neck.

"Nah," he groaned.

Smirking, Renae moved down his neck and lifted his shirt before she trailed her tongue over his tattoos slowly.

"I'm not telling you," he chuckled.

"For real?" She frowned sitting up.

"For real," He said and she laughed.

"I guess you get to lay here with a hard-on," she smirked about to get up but he pulled her down and rolled over on top of her causing her to laugh uncontrollably.

"You thought yo ass was slick," he said sitting up on his knees and removed his shirt.

"I did not," She giggled trying to move but he snatched her shorts off and parted her legs open.

"And if you scream thas' yo ass," he winked.

"Close the door then,"

"Girls sleep, you just keep things at a minimum,"

***

         It was 1 year and 3 months into Ayanna being out in Jamaica and also knowing Kwan. Her feelings had grown stronger and she was certain that Kwan was throwing her hints but she wasn't sure if she was reading too much into it. She wanted to start acting on her feelings but was deeply afraid of rejection and Lord knows if Kwan of all people rejected her that would take a big shot to her ego.

It was November 22nd and Ayanna was currently back home in Miami, Florida with her parents. They moved a few months ago but Ayanna didn't mind, Hell she couldn't have a problem with it even if she wanted to, she's living out the country trying to lock her crush in.

"Pretty brown girllll," Lyssa, Ayanna's mom sang as she entered her room.

"Mommyyyy,"

"What are you doing sweetheart?" Lyssa asked entering her room.

"Just reading," Ayanna answered holding up her 5 Love Languages book.

"A sophomore in college, with a four point three GPA and you are in here reading?"

"Just want to keep my thoughts flowing,"

"Girl," her mom giggled taking the book from her.

"Tell me about this Kwan guy, why didn't you invite him?"

"We're friends mom and he has family, why on Earth would I invite him way out here?" Ayanna frowned.

"Uh hello? So he'll know you're feeling him, come on, I know you got some smarts from me as well my pretty brown girl, use em baby,"

Laughing, Ayanna sat up in bed and grabbed her phone off the nightstand then glanced at her cracked open bedroom door. "Where's Daddy?"

"Girl at work, now show me this guy,"

Ayanna laughed going into her phone and went into her camera roll since Kwan found it a habit to randomly take pictures of himself.

Handing her mom, her phone, Ayanna picked her book back up and proceeded to read as her mom swiped through the photos of Kwan.

"He's... this young man is handsome. Why are you scared to tell him you like him?" Lyssa asked and Ayanna shrugged.

"Some days I feel like he likes me and then other days I feel like he doesn't,"

"And on the days that you feel he do, you need to start throwing out stronger hints YaYa, it's the only way you'll find out if he likes you as well,"

"What if he friend-zone me? I'm not even from there and there's a bunch of girls that he can relate to other than me," Ayanna sighed.

"Sweetheart," her mom began as she took the book from her and placed her phone down. "Most of the time if your gut and heart are acting as one, meaning they are on the same page, that's a sign that you need to listen. What does your gut say?"

"He likes me," Ayanna mumbled.

"And your heart?"

"He likes me,"

"Ok, so act on it, life is about taking risks baby girl, it's about learning and growing and evolving. I am a hundred percent certain that the young man likes you, he has a total of sixty pictures in your phone, guys don't just do that unless they're making their mark in case some other guy goes through your phone. He's marking or shall I say claiming what's his, you are what he wants, so it's up to you to speak on it,"

Ayanna sat there taking in her words then nodded.

"Thanksgiving is on two days, I'm sure he's not busy, call him and just talk to him. Not about school or anything, just talk to him and if you get butterflies, the moment you land back in Jamaica I want you tell him how you feel," she added handing Ayanna her phone.

"You want me to call him now?"

"Now," her mom smiled getting up.

Ayanna stared down at her phone for a moment then looked up at her mom.

"Now YaYa, don't be scared," she smiled before walking away.

Ayanna took a deep breath before calling Kwan and surprisingly he answered on the second ring.

"Pretty gyal, mi wuz jus about fi call yuh,"

Hearing him say that causes instant butterflies to form in the pit of her stomach.

"You need help with work or something?" She asked and he chuckled.

"Mi smarter than yuh pretty gyal, wah gwaan? Yuh miss mi yeh?"

"What? No... I was ju. I was just c—"

"Bill bak," He laughed. "Mi wuz just joking, breathe," he chuckled.

Face palming herself, Ayanna shook her head disappointedly. "I'm sorry"

"Yuh around yur folks?" He asked ignoring her apology.

"I'm in my room, why?"

Ignoring her, an incoming FaceTime call from him came through and Ayanna mumbled a curse word as she snatched her bonnet off and fluffed her hair out.

Kwan, over hearing the commotion in the back muted the line so she wouldn't hear him laugh.

When she answered the call, he looked her over and smirked.

"Why yuh tek so long?" He asked playing clueless.

"Huh? Oh, I was in the bathroom," she lied and he chuckled.

"Mhm," He smirked sitting out on the front porch.

"Are you at your aunt's house?" She asked trying to examine his background.

"Yup, all di gyal inside gossiping," he chuckled grabbing his box of weed from under the chair.

"What made you want to FaceTime me?" She asked trying her hardest not to look at his bare chest.

"Missed yur face," He shrugged.

His nonchalant response caught her off guard.

"Seriously?" She asked and he nodded breaking his weed down.

Blushing, Ayanna looked down at her nails trying to hide her smile.

Kwan caught on and smirked to himself. Leading her on was something he definitely didn't plan on doing, but he enjoyed the fact that she tried so hard to hide her smile and actual feelings from him, but if she wanted a hint bigger than his previous ones, he had no issue with dropping one.

*************

Wedding is in the chapter after the next one, hehe, y'all ready?

Thoughts?

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

53.2K 4K 101
When you love someone, you tend to worship the ground they walk on. The sun sets and rises on that person with grace and it brings you peace. But whe...
5.8K 434 11
Just like any other city, the beauty of Chicago lies within the eye of the beholder. Despite the horrors that marked every local news outlet, to the...
562 2 12
Dreams a party animal to say the least, a wild card, someone that's always down for whatever whenever. But she's also the queen of getting her get ba...
26.5K 926 22
Ever felt like you never really remembered what you had for dinner the night before? You always had that feeling of not knowing anything. Why? You're...