The Gunslinger: Rising of the...

Outlaw_Hunter द्वारा

Y/N, a teenage boy visiting Japan in the summer, he comes across a book in a shop that will change his life f... अधिक

Chapter 1: The Book
Chapter 2: A New Journey
Chapter 3: A Companion?
Chapter 4: Trust
Chapter 6: The Wave of Catastrophe
Chapter 7: Dueling Pistols
Chapter 8: A New Member
Chapter 9: Help
Chapter 10: The Cowboy
Chapter 11: Catastrophe Returns
Chapter 12: Problematic
Chapter 13: Breaking Point
Chapter 14: Truth Revealed
Chapter 15: Close Call
Chapter 16: Judgement
Chapter 17: Judge and Jury
Announcement

Chapter 5: The Day Before

17.3K 377 389
Outlaw_Hunter द्वारा

"As source of thy power, I command thee, defy the laws of nature-" Sistine tried to use a new spell on a orange balloon. However, a gun shot interrupted her and killed the little creature.

"Y/N!" She whined.

"You were taking too long, you'll get killed before you even cast the spell" he nonchalantly replied while blowing the smoke off his barrel. She huffed and gave a pout face towards him. Y/N laughed and walked up to her. He gave her a little head pat.

"I'm sorry, I just cant have anything bad happening to you. Try to do what Glenn told you to do. Use substitute words for the spell, rather than casting the whole thing"

"Fine" she sighed, Y/N was walking away without paying attention, this made Sistine grow a small smirk.

"Shock" she pointed her finger at him. There was a wave of electricity heading right for Y/N. She was hoping it would hit, but she was disappointed when he pulled his pistol and shot a magic cancellation bullet.

"You're gonna have to be faster than that!" Y/N replied and turned around to look at his companion. He saw her stats and thought about what they could do,

Sistine Fibel Level 20 Mage

HP:735
Mana:600

"All looks to be well. We have a day and a half for the Wave. She does need something else, armor and a weapon. We are about a two hour walk to Melromarc" he talked to himself.

Sistine was casually looking at the field that they were in. She enjoyed the beautiful sight, but her attention was caught when Y/N yelled at her.

"Sistine! We are heading for Melromarc!" Y/N yelled while motioning his hand for her to follow him.

"How come!?" She asked in curiosity.

"You need some armor and a weapon. Just because you're highly trained in a short amount of time with magic, there's always in need of a backup plan." He replied while walking still. Sistine sighed in annoyance and started to run after him. A few seconds went by and she finally caught up to him. She did notice that Y/N was looking quite worried.

"You okay?" She asked getting his attention. Y/N nodded his head,

"Yeah but I ain't going to lie. I'm as jumpy as spit on a hot skillet for the Wave. We dont know what we are getting into" he replied. Despite having these characteristics like Erron Black, he was very insecure about everything.

"We will be just fine" Sistine replied with a smile. She grabbed Y/N's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"I just know it"

Y/N laughed a little, he took his hand and rubbed her hair. She was very cute when she acted all sincere and optimistic.

"You're naive you know that?"

"Just thinking on the bright side" she replied with a shoulder shrug.

"But, that does help a little. Maybe you should act like this more often, it suits your cuteness" he replied. This made Sistine's face turn to a dark shade of red.

"I-uh" she was flustered. Y/N laughed even more and patted her back.

"Let's get to Melromarc darlin" he replied. He mentally sighed from annoyance at the country boy speech, but he was slowly getting used to it. It also felt kinda good when he called Sistine those things. Made him feel all fuzzy.

'No it can't be' he thought, he then unwillingly looked at her again. She was admiring the view they had while walking to the kingdom. Sistine's green eyes glistened with excitement and curiosity. Her silky white/grey hair flowed naturally with the small gusts of wind. She had a smile plastered on her face that could make any guy fall at her feet at any moment.

'Am I falling for Sistine?'

Time Skip

Y/N and Sistine made their way through the streets of Melromarc. The city was very beautiful, the best one they've seen. The sun was just barely over the city, signaling that nighttime was near.

"One day" Y/N mumbled lowly, Sistine looked at him.

"You say something?"

"We just have one more day that's all. Luckily for us, we can get some sleep tonight before we get you all squared away for the battle" he replied looking at his companion.

"What about you, arent you going to get any amor?" She asked while titling her head to the side

"Would if I could, but for some odd reason this world is only letting me change my clothes based on my variation I choose. Very odd nonetheless"

"Strange" Sistine replied, but she became very embarrassed when her stomach growled, very loud.

"Someone's hungry. Bet you could scarf down some of Ma's cooking right now" Y/N nonchalantly replied. He shook his head from saying the odd sentence.

"Yeah" Sistine whispered. Luckily for them, they passed by a restaurant. Y/N motioned for Sistine to follow him, but she stopped when she noticed a sign.

We don't serve Demi-Humans, it read. Sistine's breath hitched in nervousness.

"Uh, Y/N..." she whispered.

"What are you doing Sistine!? Come on!" He said with a slight annoyance in his voice. She sighed and dragged her feet across the floor. She sat in front of Y/N and hung her head low.

"What's the problem?" He asked.

"Theres a sign out there, says they dont serve Demi-Humans. I'm not a demi-human in my world, but in this world these are real ears" she wiggled her ears.

Y/N snapped his fingers to get her attention, "if they have a problem, they'll have to go through me" he reassured her. Soon their waiter came up to them, he was hesitant but he had to do his job.

"Can I start you two off with a drink?"

"Yeah, I'll take a sweet tea, what about you Sistine?"

"A water is fine with me" she replied in her normal tone.

The waiter seemed to be confused by Y/N's drink choice.

"We dont have sweet tea sir" he replied nervously. Y/N groaned, so he settled for a water instead. The waiter nodded and quickly went to get their drinks.

"I don't think he'll serve me food" Sistine said with disappointment in her voice.

"He will, or you will eat my food." Y/N replied while looking at the waiter bringing their drinks back.

"May I take your order?" He asked. He then fully noticed Sistine and her ears.

"Uhh-"

"We will take two plate lunches" Y/N sternly said. He looked at the waiter and took off his mask,

"Do we have a problem?"

"No sir, two plate lunches it is" he replied without making eye contact and writing down the order on the ticket. He then scurried away to put the order in. Y/N sighed in relief when the waiter walked away.

"I don't like doing that" Y/N huffed. Sistine gave a small smile and thanked him.

"Honestly that's very uncalled for, they should serve to anyone. I don't make the rules though" he said while looking at his mask.

"You should show your face more often." Sistine saying softly while a small blush grew on her face. Y/N looked at her with a cocked eyebrow.

"Why's that?"

"I uh- uh it's hard to tell your emotions sometimes." She said while taking a sip of her water.

"Is that so? Or is it that you just like looking at me?" He said with a smirk while leaning towards her. He wasnt going to lie, seeing her all flustered was amusing. This made her choke on her water. Y/N laughed and sat back in his chair.

"Dont!" She coughed, "don't do that!" Y/N continued to laugh his ass off. The waiter came up with their food, and he was curious to know what had happened.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. Sistine had a small pout on her face.

"Yeah, everything is just peachy" she replied.

"O-kay" he replied and left the two be.

"Oh me oh my" Y/N gained his breath from laughing.

"You think that's funny?" Sistine questioned while trying to be mad. In reality she was really happy, but Y/N teasing her and everything wasn't fun to her.

"Hilarious. Now, you should eat. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow. And we need to train you with a weapon." Y/N answered while taking a bite out of his food.

"What type of weapon do you think I should get?" Sisitine asked. Y/N rubbed his chin thinking about it.

"Well, we need to go with what you like more than anything. Since you're going to be using magic more, it's for more of when you get into sticky situations that's all."

"You seem like you know what you're doing" she added while eating. Y/N laughed at the comment.

"I've played many video games before. However, this isn't no game. You only get one chance at this" he balled up his fists. He looked at his stats,

Y/N Gunslinger Lvl 28
HP:937
Mana:875

'Need to get stronger' he thought to himself.

"It's all going to be okay, if anyone is truly prepared for this, it will be you" Sistine tried to give reassurance.

"Appreciate the help, doll" Y/N smiled. He then stood up and paid for the meal, while leaving a nice tip. Sistine quickly drank her water and followed right behind him.

It was nighttime now, they were in the restaurant for a little while longer than expected. The city was lit by all the lights and it was mesmerizing to see.

Some people were out visiting all the little stands that were open. Y/N and Sistine walked through the streets, admiring everything. They ended up passing an ice cream booth and the owner was ecstatic to see a girl like Sistine.

"Miss! Here try this, it's on the house" the owner shoved an ice cream cone to her face.

"Uh thank you" she replied with nervousness in her voice. Y/N walked over and looked at his menu,

"I'll take a Vanilla cone please"

"3 silvers is the cost" the shop owner replied.

Y/N looked at the owner with a dumbfounded look.

"3 silvers? You just gave her a free cone" he replied.

"Because a young lady like her, who's absolutely beautiful, should be treated to a free ice cream cone. For you, it is 3 silvers"

"Fine," Y/N slammed the coins down on the table and grabbed his cone. Sistine laughed at the sight and they both started to walk away. She thanked the shop owner for the ice cream. Y/N shot him the bird for his actions. Sistind gasped and yelled at him.

"That was not nice!"

"That was a total rip off." He replied. They both stared each other down before laughing.

"It is good though" she added while licking the ice cream cone.

"Yeah yeah, only because it is free" Y/N replied throwing the cone away. Sistine playfully elbowed him.

"Don't be a downer, you should be grateful you have a pretty girl like myself" she said with her head raised high.

"I like the way you think. Cannot argue with that" he smiled. He then realized what he said and look away.

'Goddammit'

"T-thank you" she hesitantly replied. She then looked out to stars,

"It's pretty tonight" she said trying to continue a conversation.

"Yeah it is" Y/N replied. He was savoring everything, this could be possibly the last night he will be alive.

"You're worrying too much. You know"

Y/N shrugged his shoulders, "cant help it. I may come off arrogant to the others, but deep down I'm scared shitless. But, you just gotta live everyday like it's your last"

"Look at me," Sistine commanded, "I believe in you. You saved me from those knights, stood up to royalty and a cardinal hero. You have guts, you will find a way and I will be right there with you, every step. If you dont believe in yourself, then know that I believe in you. " she then gave a sincere smile and hugged Y/N

Y/N smiled from that, and hugged her. He then rubbed her head,

"Alright miss queen of pep talks, I think we should get some rest" Y/N stated while releasing the hug, "we have a big day tomorrow and not a lot of time to train you with that weapon we are getting"

Sistine nodded, "right, tomorrow we will defeat the Wave of Catastrophe, and all the other ones that come as well. Until you and I go back to our homes" and proceeded to walk.

This made Y/N think about his home and it caused him to stop walking. He was just on a trip and it ended up to be something entirely different. He wondered about his parents, curious to know that if the knew if he was missing. His thoughts were cut off when Sistine yelled at him.

"Y/N! Come on, I found an Inn we can stay at tonight!" She was waving from about forty yards away. Y/N smiled and started to walk towards her. She had a smile plastered on her face, one that made Y/N's heart flutter.

'I'll make sure that she gets back to her home,' he thought to himself. He looked up to the night sky one last time.

"One more day" he said outloud,

"One more day until hell breaks loose"

Been a very hot minute for this book. Thank you all for your patience, I hope you enjoy this chapter! I was very busy with a few personal things, but now everything is back on track. The Wave of Catastrophe will be commence next chapter! Until then!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

4.2K 108 8
As Naofumi and the other heros were summoned to the kingdom of Melromarc, they summoned an accidental fifth hero. This fifth hero was a young girl wi...
2K 18 17
Called to another world against his will, Cadverus became the Fisticuffs hero, a special hero summoned when all four Cardinal hero's are summoned at...
10.9K 399 28
While walking through the library looking for a good book to read, you find one that's torn and looks old. Pulling it from the shelf, you read about...