The New Arrival

By silviaaxox

What happens when your mum tries hooking you up with a stranger during one night at a hotel? What happens whe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 15

9.2K 320 31
By silviaaxox

Chapter Fifteen

The flight back wasn't as awkward as I feared considering my seat was pretty far from any of the Grayson family members. Thank God for that.

On the other hand, the next morning I woke up absolutely dreading the day ahead. At the thought of seeing Luke, my stomach created a little private party with all the other organs in my body and they must've gotten high or something because I could feel all of them junping and spinning all over the place.

What the hell? I was imagining an organ party and them taking drugs, obviously my mind was playing up aswell.

Nevertheless,  I had to get out of bed and carry on with my day. I slipped on a grey tank top with 'ITS NOT JUST A BAND' printed across the front.  After jumping into a pair of black high waisted ripped shorts and a pair of my favorite black booties that had a cut out heel and a buckle at the ankle, I made my way downstairs.

"Here's your breakfast sweetheart." My mum placed a plate of pancakes infront of me.

"I feel too sick to eat anything." I told her.

My mum suddenly panicked. "Are you okay?" 

I nodded. "Just stomach playing up."

"Chloe honey, does it have anything to do with Luke?" 

My eyes widened at the question. "No why would it?"

"Did anything happen between you two yesterday?" She knew. No. No she didn't. She had no way of knowing. 

"No. Why would you think that?"

She shrugged. "Well you spent a whole day with him yesterday but you stayed silent for the whole flight home and when we were saying our byes to his parents you didn't even look up at him."

"Mum, I was just tired. This has nothing to do with Luke. I told you, its never going to happen." I reminded her.

She smiled to herself. "Oh honey you're so blind."

I opened my mouth ready to ask her what she meant, but I shut it, deciding that maybe knowing wasn't the right choice right now. I didn't need my mind being anymore confused than it already was. "Im not even going to ask, plus I dont have time. I'm gonna be late. See you later mum." I kissed her on the cheek before rushing out.

Walking through the carpark towards the school, I was cautious that I was going to run into Luke. The thought scared me.  I hadn't even seen him and I was already panicking.  I was scared that things would be awkward. I mean, Luke and I were nowhere near the closest of friends but I didn't want to lose what we were.

I jumped at the sound of soneone calling my name. I twisted around to be met by my two best friends.  "Hey guys!" I grinned through the pain my stomach was bringing me.

"Somethings wrong." Ellie eyed me.

"No. Why would you think that?"

"Because we're your best friends.  We can tell things like that." Hannah told me.

"Im fine guys." I lied.

Hannah crossed her arms over her chest. "What has Loverboy done?"

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing. Really guys." I turned to Hamnah. "How's your man? Have you ended it?"

Hannah nodded. "I have indeed.  I am now single, free as a bird." She grinned. 

"Is it me, or does she seem really happy about that?" Ellie asked me. I nodded in reply.

"I told you guys," Hannah remindes. "Its been dead for a long time now. We were both stuck in a pointless relationship. We were better friends than actual partners. "

"Maybe its for the best then." Ellie said.

"It is. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. " Hannah told us.

Well I was still carrying mine. What was wrong with me?

My two best friend were staring at me. "Do you have any free periods today?" Ellie asked.

I shook my head, confused at her question. " But I'm ditching history first."

"Why?"

Good question. I knew the answer but I wanted to keep it to myself. So I shrugged. "Just dont feel like history today."

Ellie and Hannah exchanged a look. "Well we both have a free period first--" as if on queue Hannah was interrupted by the bell. She smiled. "You are coming with us and telling us everything."

"Theres nothing to say." I insisted, walking to one of the picnic benches in the playground.

"Well there must be. You're ditching history because of him." Ellie pointed out. Did they have to know me this well? I sighed. "So what happened?"

"On Saturday we were alone for a bit, we started messing about, I started running away from him but he caught up with me. He was really close, and then... he tripped and pushed me against a hedge, like really close." I swallowed. Hannah was grinning while Ellie's mouth was hanging open

"Carry on."

"Things got pretty intimate, and we nearly kissed--" Ellie gasped. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh my god you kissed?!" Ellie exclaimed.

Hannah shot her a look. "Come on Ellie, there's obviously a but." She then turned to me. "What's the but?"

I looked down at my hands. "His hand started sliding down, and--" my throat was drying up. Not this again. "I freaked out. I suddenly couldn't see Luke, all I saw was Jack. And instinctively I ran away."

"Chloe." Hannah looked at me sympathetically. "Dont worry about that. That's okay. Its normal. Its a trauma. But you'll get over it." 

"Have you spoken to him about it?" Ellie asked.

I nodded. "He asked me about it after apologising."

"How'd it go?"

"He told me he cares about me." I paused in time for my best friends reactions. Ellie's eyes lit up as she let out an over exaggerated gasp, and Hannah squealed, clapping her hands. "Guys, it wasn't a freaking proposal. He just took me out for a nice day to help me let go of my issues for a day."

My best friends looked at me in awe. "Did he say that?" Hannah asked. I nodded. "That is so sweet! Chloe I swear he likes you."

I didn't say anything, not because I agreed with that idea, but because at that comment, I remembered last nights conversation. I didn't believe that Luke actually had feelings for me, but I couldn't help but notice the disappointment in his voice when I rejected the idea of us nearly kissing meaning anything. 

"Chloe," Ellie said. "What are you not telling us?"

I snapped back to reality. "What?"

"What are you not telling us?"

"Nothing. Why would you think I'm keeping something away from you?" Way too defensive Chloe.

"Maybe because usually you'd be denying our comments and you're not." Hannah explained. "Did he tell you anything else than just 'caring' about you?!"

I shook my head. "No but--"

"But?!" Ellie demanded.

I sighed rolling my eyes. "When we got to the hotel, he asked me about the nearly kiss." 

Hannah grinned, wide-eyed. "And what did you say?"

"Thats the thing,  I told him it meant nothing." 

Ellie threw her hands up with a groan. "Are you serious?"

"At the time it didn't." I shrugged. 

My best friends heads snapped to face me. "At the time?" Hannah asked.

"Are you saying you are developing feelings for Mr Loverboy?" Ellie asked with a smug grin.

I sighed putting my head in my hands. "I don't know. I want to say I hate him but the reality is I dont. I had such a nice day yesterday and he was so sweet to me and he kept on complimenting me and I think I'm just going mad."

Hannah squealed again stomping her feet. "Oh my god!"

"What brought this on?" Ellie asked.

I shrugged. "When he joked of himself not being easy to get rid of I found myself hoping he was being serious. And even when I hated him, his touch drove me crazy. I don't know what it is. And I dont know if its serious or even requited. But its not hate and its not friendship so it has to be something more."  I found myself surprised that I was actually saying this. It was the first time I actually let it make its way through to the front of my mind and even though it was driving me insane, I felf slightly relieved. 

"Didnt we tell you?" Hannah asked. "We could see it coming."

"But it was actual hate at the beginning." I argued.

"Obviously only from your side. I mean Chloe, the way he looked at you from day one, even through that smug grin and smirk of his, he said it all."

I shook my head. "You're over exaggerating right now."

"Hannah shrugged. " You need to learn to believe us a bit more often."

"You never told us though, how did he react to the idea of your kiss meaning nothing?" Ellie asked.

"He said he agreed--"

"Bullshit." Hannah coughed.

Ellie and I laughed before I continued. "But he wouldn't look at me and I could feel disappointment. I just don't understand why--"

"Oh my god! How dumb are you?!" Hannah exclaimed.

"Its because he likes you Chloe! He wanted it to mean something. And you rejected him." Ellie explained.

I sighed. "Great."

"Dont worry Chlo, Ellie and I will make sure this works out. " Hannah winked high fiving Ellie. I was scared to even think what could possibly be going through any of their heads right now.

~***~

After school everyone gathered at the bleachers ready to watch the first official school football game.
I sat with Hannah, as Ellie got herself warmed up with the rest of the cheerleaders.

"Just a warning," Hannah said. "The football team consists of 11 players not just one." She winked.

"I know that Han. I used to play the sport." I reminded her.

"Just sayin'. One particular player might just earn ALL your attention." 

I opened my mouth to speak but someone else took my turn. "I hope its not Luke Grayson." Megan was staring down at me from the bench behind. "Or what?" I asked.

She cocked an eyebrow. "I thought we've been through this Benson."

I pursed my lips. "Really? Dont remember."

"I see whats happened here. " Megan crossed her arms.

I sighed. "Please enlighten me." 

"You've finally caught onto the fact that Luke is into you." Megan told me. I could feel my eysbrows jump up as my eyes widened.

"Excuse me?"

She frowned. "I know, that was my reaction too but he obviously needs an eye check-- actually, let's make that a reality check because frankly I don't see what he sees in you."

"Well at least he can see her." Hannah retorted. "No wonder he's not interested in you, you're skin and bones, practically invisible. The only thing that gains you attention is your loud irritating voice and your bitchiness, which trust me, doesn't attract guys." I bit my lip holding bavk a laugh at Megans face dropping. I loved Hamnah.

"Look Stradley, dont get involved. I can turture you with the click of my fingers." Megan threatened.

"Megan, go find someone else to deafen with that shriek of a voice." Hannah huffed turning back to face the pitch.

Megan glared at the bavk of my best friends head before turning back to me. "Stay away from him Benson."

I bit my lip and shrugged. "I don't know if I'll be able to."

"Excuse me?" She gasped.

I rolled my eyes. "I feel sorry for you Megan. You walk around tall and proud,  your popularity never decreasing, getting everything you wish for at the exact moment you wish for it, and suddenly that changes." 

She glared at me. "Nothings changed Benson."

"Really?" I asked. "Because Luke has been here for nearly 2 month's and I havent even seen him talk to you once."

"Look Benson, just hand him over and no one gets hurt."

"It's a shame I cant hand over something tha'ts not mine, yet." I suddenly felt a slight sadness pour over me. Almost like I wished that he was mine. But he wasn't so technically Megan had the same right to him as I did.

"Well you better not make it yours. I'll be watching you Benson. I might be stupid but I'm not dumb. " I debated whether I should correct her but I decided against it. After all, she wasn't dumb... or so she thought. With another glare, Megan and her two main minions stood up and walked down the steps to join the rest of the cheerleaders.

"Lord help me." I breathed. 

"Are you scared of her?" Hannah asked.

"Please Hannah," I laughed. "Dont make me laugh. I'm just praying for patience."

Hannah chuckled. "She's so... unique."

"You got that one right."

We won 3-2. The match was intense, and I managed to watch it overall without only focusing on Luke.  "The boys are coming up." Ellie, who had just joined us announced.

I panicked. "I um, I need to pee," I started walking away before Luke reached us. "I'll be back in two--"

Hannah grabbed my arm pulling me bavk. "You're not going anywhere."

I sighed. "Guys I really don't--"

" Hello girls!" Harry grinned, his arms open ready for his girlfriends hug.

"Congratulations boys!" I smiled, trying to make it look as excited as possible.

Luke was standing next to Harry, looking right at me.  "Do I not get a congratulations hug?"

I suddenly calmed down. He was obviously talking to me. He wasn't upset about last night. Along with relief came along a feeling of shame and embarrassment that I could have even thought that he would've gotten upset about us not kissing. I mean, this was Luke Grayson. There was no way I meant anything to him in that way. 

I cocked an eyebrow. "Why would you?"

He smirked. "Well I thought you'd give me one since we're 'friends' and all."

The emphasis on the 'friends' suddenly made me question my previous thoughts. Maybe he was trying to be cocky to hide his disappointment?  But suddenly I felt bad and guilty for saying that to him last night.  God, my mind really needed to get its shit together. This controversy was killing me.

Luke opened his arms and I found myself closing that gap between us. My arms wrapped around his lower back as his wrapped my shoulders. His jersey was sticking to his body by the sweat, but I didn't care, because through all of that I could fel his heart racing, and I found myself smiling into his chest. I made him nervous. I must have. As soon as I hugged him his heart went into overload. I straightened out my lips and backed away, satisfied with my discovery. 

"Such a short hug?" He pouted.

"You smell." I frowned. I heard Hannah chuckle next to me.

"Yeah, of success princess." He winked.

"It'll be a success if you manage to get rid of it." I remarked.

"I think we should go Grayson," Harry sighed. "It sounds like our girls dont accept our efforts." He slung his hand around Luke's shoulder and they walked off together.

'Our girls'. I think I just opened a cage of butterflies on my tummy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 59 22
What happens when a bad boy meets a bad girl ? Forget about all the innocent girls that fall for bad boys. In this one, bad boy faces bad girl. But...
24.2K 360 16
Youre a new girl in a new town. You move next door to a bad boy with a secret past. You end up going to the same high school and have the same classe...
9.4K 80 60
I was wrapping up my junior year of high school when my mom told me that we were moving. It was goodbye Cambridge, Massachusetts and hello Newport, R...
3.3K 61 41
Meet Avril. Two years after her parents' death and she's still struggling with her emotions towards them. When Dallas shows up at her school, Avril...