Twisted Fate

By msdaniried

Alexandria Swan, or Lex as she is commonly known as, has always felt different. When she moves to Forks with... More

Before you Read
Mood Boards
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 16

6.6K 159 8
By msdaniried

Her soul was too deep to explore by those who always swam in the shallow end
It's tree-killing time

I stand by Rebekah as she chats up Carol Lockwood once again. At the moment we're at Wickery Bridge. As the two talk, I notice Damon and a woman walking nearby. Rebekah notices them and her eyes narrow as she sees the woman.

"Excuse me, Carol, I have to speak with Damon."

Carol nods her head and smiles as the two of us walk towards Damon and the mystery woman.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Rebekah drawls.

Damon raises his hands, "Easy there, Rebekah. You know she use to beat men for sport."

Rebekah rolls her eyes, "She always was quite common."

The mystery woman smiles sarcastically, "Rebekah. What a happy surprise."

Rebekah narrows her eyes, "What are you doing here Sage?"

The woman Sage is quick to respond, "Well, I heard Finn was finally freed from that casket your rageaholic brother Klaus carted him around in."

Rebekah smirks, "Mmm, Finn, you just missed him. He left town and didn't tell a soul where he was going."

Sage doesn't seem fazed, "He probably went looking for me."

"Or quite possibly he forgot all about you." Rebekah quips.

Sage crosses her arms, "I doubt that."

"No? Cause he didn't seem to mention you. Sorry, you came all this way for nothing. Have a nice life." Rebekah retorts sarcasm lacing her tone.

Rebekah looks towards me and nods her head. I get the message and flash Damon a quick smile before we leave together.
****
I walk along with Rebekah who is walking past the catering table when Damon comes up behind her.

"Did I ever tell you you're sexy when you're bitchy?"

Rebekah doesn't look towards him as she answers, "We're talking now, are we? Cause you were quite rude the other day, using me to help you with Stefan and then shooing me away like a stray dog."

"Oh, but that was brother business, you can't hold that against me. Besides I really did appreciate your help even if I don't show it." Damon replies.

Rebekah turns to glare at him, "You were mean."

Damon smirks, "You like mean."

Rebekah scoffs, "No, I don't."

Damon raises an eyebrow, "No? You didn't get a thrill back there pushing Sage down, crushing her dreams of true love?"

Rebekah frowns, "Maybe a little."

Damon grins, "See? Mean. Can Sage and I interest you in a drink back at the house?"

Rebekah shakes her head, "Not a chance in hell."

Damon shrugs, "Well, you know what they say: two's company, three's a party."

Rebekah and Damon stare at each other for a while. They seem to forget my presence entirely.

Damon sighs, "Fine."

He then puts his drink down on the table and leans in towards Rebekah and brushes his hand past her hip.

"Enjoy the rest of your day." He whispers.

He walks away, leaving Rebekah looking puzzled. I shake my head at his antics.

What do we do now?
I sign, gaining her attention.

Rebekah thinks for a moment before her lips curl into a smirk, "I have a plan."

With that said she walks off to the car. I roll my eyes and follow her. Way to be cryptic Bekah, I think to myself.

****
For some reason, Rebekah's plan has brought us to the Salvatore boarding house. Rebekah enters the house without knocking with a bottle of wine and holds it up as she enters the living room.

Closing the door behind me I follow Rebekah into the room.

"I stole it from Nik who stole it from a Queen. Not sure which one. Well, this is depressing. What happened to the party?" Rebekah asks, holding up the bottle of wine.

Sage gets up and walks over to Rebekah, taking the bottle from her.

"It just arrived." She says before she breaks the neck of the bottle off.

Damon and Sage dance together. Rebekah watches them and sits down next to the man on the piano. She bites his neck and starts to feed. Sage gestures to Damon to go over to her. He does and Sage sits down on the couch.

Crossing my arms feeling annoyed and out of place I take a spot on the couch far away from Sage.

"How 'bout a duet?" Damon asks.

Rebekah stops feeding for a second and looks at him. She goes back to feeding. Damon grabs the man's wrist and begins to feed as well. They both stop after a while and wipe the blood from their lips. Damon pushes the man, who is now dead, off the bench and moves toward Rebekah. He gently grabs her face in his hand and Rebekah stands up. They are about to kiss when Rebekah looks over at Sage.

"What about her?"

Damon doesn't spare Sage a glance, "I don't want her. I want you."

Damon kisses Rebekah. Sage watches from the couch and smiles.

I sigh and go to get up when Sage stops me.

"Who are you anyway? Rebekah's little human pet?"

My eyes narrow as I glare at her,
I am no ones pet you bitch.

Sage looks at me confused, "Why are you moving your hands like that? Just speak."

I roll my eyes and flip her off before leaving the room. I can hear Sage gasp from behind me but she doesn't follow.

As soon as I'm outside I send Klaus a quick text asking him to pick me up. Probably isn't wise to walk alone in the dark with a blood-crazed Stefan on the loose.

****

As I'm sitting eating a bowl of cereal Rebekah walks into the kitchen.

When she notices me she smiles sheepishly, "I um didn't expect things to go the way they went last night. Um...sorry about that. I may have forgotten you were there."

I roll my eyes,
Obviously.

"I'll make it up to you I swear. In the meantime would you like to help me destroy the last white oak tree?"

I grin, standing up.
I thought you'd never ask.

Rebekah chuckles at my enthusiasm and the two of us head over to Wickery bridge.
****
Damon drives towards the bridge and sees Rebekah and I standing in front of a bonfire of the wood from the white oak tree. Damon stops the car and gets out, slamming the door in frustration.

"Your grand plans always seem to get ruined, don't they? Sorry to disappoint you. Again." Rebekah says, taunting him.

As Rebekah walks away, Damon turns around and sees Sage by his car.

"You set me up."

Sage shakes her head, "No. I'm just looking out for myself."

Damon walks over to her, "I told you I'd save your creepy boyfriend!"

Sage places her hands on her hips, "And you lied to me, Damon! The Originals are linked if one dies they all die. If I can get inside her head, don't you think I'd be able to get inside yours?"

Damon rushes toward Sage and grabs her by the throat, pushing her against his car.

"I should end you," he growls.

"I'm 900 years old, Damon. You're not capable of ending me." Sage sneers before she pushes Damon off of her and throws him down onto the hood of his car.

"Do you really think that I would risk Finn's life for one of your petty revenge fantasies?" Safe quips.

Damon gets up and moves closer to Sage.

"Let me tell you something, your long lost love has a suicide wish. Cause when mama witch linked them together in a spell he's the one that volunteered to die." Damon snarls.

Sage shakes her head, "He wouldn't do that."

"He didn't want to live. Not for you. Not for anyone. He doesn't love you, Sage. Now, when I do find another way to kill those Originals, I'll start with Finn." Damon threatens before he gets in his car and leaves.

Sage glares at him as he drives away.

When she turns and notices me her glare intensifies, "You! Your that little wench who disrespected me last night!"

I roll my eyes,
You started it.

Sage huffs, "Enough with those hand movements of yours."

It's called ASL you bitch.
I sign, standing my ground.

Sage zooms over to me and wraps her hand around my neck, successfully lifting me a few feet off the ground.

"I'm tired of you and your annoying little game," she snarls before the veins under her eyes turn black. "You'll make a good little snack pet."

Just as she is about to sink her teeth into my neck she drops to the ground dead. I stumble as I catch my breath.

Kol stands before me and flashes me a grin, "Hello darling. Care to go on a road trip with me?"

I raise an eyebrow,
Where's Rebekah?

"Klaus called, needed her for something. I happened to be on my way out of town when I came across you. Rebekah knows she can trust me with your well being, although I'm sure she would have loved to snap Sage's neck herself." Kol explains.

I look down at Sage's unconscious body for a moment,
Would it be bad if I set her on fire?

Kol laughs, "I knew you were a feisty little thing."

I roll my eyes at his annoying grin,
Oh, whatever. What's this road trip you're going on?

"Going to visit Jeremy in Denver."

Denver? When did he go there?

Kol shrugs, "Don't know, that's just where Klaus said he'd be."

I think it over for a moment,
Alright fine. I'll go but only to ensure you don't kill my cousin. I actually like him.

Kol grins once again, "Right this way darling."

I'm not your darling, Kol.

"So you keep saying."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 5.3K 23
"You can not choose your fate, your fate chooses you. What you do along the way to your destiny, that is your choose." When Vanessa Harmony Swan gets...
24.3K 470 42
Adelaide Swan has lived most of her life with her mother. But when her mother wants to travel with her new husband Phil, Adelaide and her twin sister...
159K 2.7K 17
In a universe parallel to our own, where the fantastical creatures of folklore exist as truths rather than fables, there lived a girl named Nova. Nov...
20.6K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...