"Are You Still Addicted?" Boo...

By RaveHaynes

A few years have passed since Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin have gotten married. The love they have for one another i... More

"Are You Still Addicted?"
"The Tie That Binds."
"Follow Me Duckling!"
"The Water Is Too Hot!"
"Where Are My Headphones?!"
"My Father, Your Father."
"Great To See You Friend!"
"Dinner Is Served Cold."
"Adorable Little Hands."
"Sexy New Client."
"Wanting, Needing, Waiting."
"A Penny For Your Thoughts."
"The Subject Of Children."
"The Search For A New Home."
"The Movie Star Has Returned!"
"Fishing"
"Yang Meng"
"Appointments."
"A Troublesome Meeting."
"A Mini Vacation At The Bar."
"Stripped"
"Hangover?"
"Dr. Lee"
"The Devil Within."
"Dinner With Mom, Again?"
"Charity For The Bold!"
"Moving Day!"
"Good News."
"Help Us, Dr. Lee!"
"Jiang Yifei"
"Friendship."
"Sweet and Sour."
"Moon Cakes And Kisses." (Short)
"Work."
"Wedding Dress."
"Dark Thoughts."
"Fun Things To Do."
"One Month."
"Tong Tian."
"You'll Need New Bras!"
"Ultrasound."
"Those Eight Long Years."
"Traditional Love"
"The Procession."
"Will You Marry Me?"
"Husband and Wife."
"Month Two."
"Quality Time"
"Aunty Zhou's Advice."
"BoysLoveBoys? Part One."
"BoysLoveBoys? Part Two."
"One Scared Fish. One Worried Fish."
"Kiss Me."
"Month Three, With Gu Hai The Wicked."
"Gu Yang Visits."
"Gu Yang's Wishful Thinking."
"The Bodyguards."
"Work In Progress."
"How Can I Be Okay?"
"Xiaoping."
"Rain And Thunder."
"Xiaoping Attacks Gu Hai."
"Seeing Ghosts And Stars."
"Be Still My Heart."
"Sweet Like Custard."
"Bad News."
"Hungry Eyes."
"Romeo And His Lovers."
"So Blessed."
"Month Four."
"Scared Me To Death!"
"Day One In Thailand!"
"The Grand Scheme."
"Let Me Go!"
"Higher Than The Heavens Above."
"Two Missing?"
"Silent Screams."
"Scissors"
"The Search Continues."
"The Second Kick."
"I Want To Know!"
"The Comfort Of His Arms."
"Shi Hui."
"Swimming In The Hot And Cold."
"Walking On A Thin Line."
"Next To You"
"Lost For Words."
"Saved By Our Friend."

"Nurse Zang."

2.3K 91 89
By RaveHaynes

Nurse Zang had a rough weekend. She had went out and partied with her best friends over the weekend. Though she had a good time, her eyes burned as well as her throat. A slight headache threatened to take over as she quickly buttoned up her nurse scrubs. She grabbed two latex gloves from a box and battled to get them on her sweaty hands.
She dragged herself to the laboratory and checked her charts for the morning. Next, she went to the main freezer and checked to make sure that the temperature was set at -196 celsius. She signed her name on the chart next to it and dated it as well after confirming its correct temperature.
Another nurse entered the room. "The doctor needs the sample for room 305." She informed nurse Zang and left.
Nurse Zang nodded and immediately regretted it. Her headache throbbed painfully. She rubbed her temples with both hands and then made her way towards the charts again.
Room 305, was getting the sample labeled 445.
Nurse Zang opened the machine containing the vile and went to grab it. Right then, her head ached once more. She pulled her hand back and groaned as she rubbed her temple in a circular motion. The pain was unbearable this time and she felt dizzy.
She grabbed a vile quickly and took it into room 305. Dr. Lee and another nurse was already prepared, so she handed the sample to them.
Dr. Lee took the sample and got it ready by placing it into a chamber. Then, he had a few soothing words for the woman sitting back in the chair before him.
She smiled pleasantly and nodded as he assured her everything would go well.
When nurse Zang went back into her assigned room, she tried to get back to work. She filed the proper paperwork and in her best handwriting, wrote a brief report for the business's log sheet.
After a ten minutes, she decided to run into the pharmacy department and grab something for her throbbing head.
She popped two pills and washed it down with a soda from the vending machine. Then she rushed back to her work space and began working on the patients in each room.
She read each chart carefully, even though her eyes were beginning to blur a bit. Her recovery from the night before was impairing her ability to work. She silently cursed under her breath. Staying out until three in the morning with her friends was making her job difficult to get through.
She grunted her frustration and started writing in the information for the first room.
The client was a woman who couldn't have children but decided to go with a known surrogate. Her room number was 300-B and this morning her surrogate mother was impregnated with one of her eggs and inseminated with her husband's sperm.
Room 301 was of two males, Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai, who had Jiang Yifei as their surrogate mother. They were to get the vile labeled 443, which held Gu Hai's sample.
Nurse Zang took her time writing the information on the chart. When she got to the part where she had to write down the information of which vile she used, she froze. In the corner of the page had additional information on the couple. Bai LuoYin's vile was labeled in big bold letters, 444.
Her eyes went wide and panic took over. She bolted upright from her chair, making it slide across the room as she ran to the freezer. To her horror, she realized that she had grabbed the wrong vile and had taken it to room 305!
She rushed over to the main freezer and as she did so, she sobered up from the fear that had taken over her body. She opened it and double checked, praying that she was wrong. But as she looked down to see the vile labeled 444 was gone, her face paled. Her mouth went dry and her hands started to shake uncontrollably.
She sprang from her work area and ran to room 305, hoping that it wasn't too late. As she opened the door, Dr. Lee looked up from wishing his patient well. Beads of sweat broke out on her forehead.
"Is everything alright nurse Zang?" Dr. Lee frowned, sensing something may be wrong.
The look in her eyes was enough to let him know that it wasn't. He got up and led the troubled nurse into an unoccupied room.
"What is the problem?" He asked.
Nurse Zang broke out sobbing. She let her tears stream down her face as she turned beet red.
Dr. Lee became worried. "Are you hurting somewhere?" He gave her a quick look up and down, checking for visible wounds.
She shook her head.
"Do you feel ill?" He asked.
She shook her head again.
He breathed in and then sighed. "How can I help you if I don't know what the problem is?"
She managed to get some composure and quickly wiped her eyes. "I'm so sorry doctor but I have made a huge mistake." She mumbled as she looked down at the floor.
"What happened?" He asked, growing impatient.
"I gave room 305 the wrong vile." She said, then broke out crying again.
"You what?!" He said in disbelief. "Who's vile did you hand me?!"
"It was vile 444, the client is Bai LuoYin. I meant to give you 445, but I made a mistake." She hollered.
"Oh no!" He said and rushed from the room.

Everything had went smoothly for Jiang Yifei. Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai sat with her in the main lobby talking about how she felt after the procedure. They were about to head out to grab a bite to eat when Dr. Lee came rushing in.
"I need to speak to both of you. It's urgent." He said to the guys.
Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai looked worried. They followed the doctor into his office and took their usual seats.
"I'm afraid there was an incident with Bai LuoYin's sperm sample." He said after they all were seated.
Bai LuoYin shifted in his seat. "What kind of incident?"
"An employee gave me your vile this morning by accident to inseminate one of our surrogate mothers. I assure you though, this kind of thing doesn't happen often in our clinic, she will be immediately fired." He said, looking very apologetic.
Gu Hai's eyes went wide. "Do you mean someone has been impregnated with Bai LuoYin's sperm?"
"I'm terribly sorry, but yes, there is a very huge possibility that she will be pregnant." He said.
Bai LuoYin was lost for words.
"I beg you, please do not seek legal action. I can find a way to fix this." Dr. Lee said.
Gu Hai stood up. He paced back and forth for a few seconds and then turned to his wife. He looked over at the doctor and asked, "Can we meet her?" 
Bai LuoYin blinked a few times.
Dr. Lee was taken back from the question. He looked confused. "You want to meet the woman? You want to meet the surrogate?"
Gu Hai nodded.
"I've already told her about the mistake. This, I'll have to discuss with her first." He said while getting up to leave.
Gu Hai moved to sit beside Bai LuoYin. He took his hands in his own and looked deep into his eyes. "This is a sign."
Bai LuoYin frowned. "What do you mean?"
Gu Hai smiled. "This happening means something. I wanted you to father our first child and you fought me until the end. I gave up, but now, it seems that I got my wish."
Bai LuoYin's heart eased. The sparkle that he saw behind Gu Hai's eyes shined brighter than the ones in the sky. He saw true happiness. The first time he saw that look was the first time Gu Hai knew that he loved him.
"We can do this Bai LuoYin. We make enough money to support two children. I can work from home. You can take some days off." Gu Hai pleaded his case, "I know we can do this."
Bai LuoYin's heart squeezed. The love he had for their future was enough. He nodded in agreement.
Gu Hai embraced him tightly and Bai LuoYin did also. Their hearts beat onto one another like music. They were both nervous, but happy.
Dr. Lee walked into the room. "I have spoken with her, she is willing to meet with you two. If you would follow me, I'll take you to her." He said, gesturing for them to leave.
Gu Hai held Bai LuoYin's hand the entire way there. Dr. Lee led them up a flight of stairs and along a few doors until they arrived. They entered the room to find that the woman was sitting on the sofa. She stood up to shake hands with them but had a blank expression on her face.
"My name is Ying Yue." She said flatly. "We are in quite the predicament."
Bai LuoYin and Gu Hai nodded.
"I should let you know, I have decided to abort should I be pregnant." She said.
Gu Hai said, "Please, don't be so hasty with your decision. We would like to discuss other options with you."
"Other options?" She tilted her head to the side.
"Yes, we would like you to continue carrying the baby." Bai LuoYin informed.
"This hospital will offer you more than expected for the mix up." Dr. Lee said.
"You mean I'll get more than the seventy thousand dollars?!" She said, her eyes going wide with excitement as she cupped her cheeks with both hands.
Everyone nodded.
"The client who chose you as their surrogate will also be compensated." Dr. Lee added.
"How much will 'I' actually get?" She asked eagerly.
"The seventy thousand plus an additional ten thousand." Dr. Lee said.
She made a face and dropped her hands down to her sides. "That's not enough! Just abort it if I'm pregnant!"
Gu Hai's heart almost jumped out of his chest. "No, please."
She eyed him. "I need more. I won't do it for eighty thousand! Besides, this was the hospital's fault!"
Bai LuoYin intervened, "How much more will it take?"
She eyed him suspiciously. "Higher! I'll have to endure pain and suffering!"
Dr. Lee was about to say something when Gu Hai spoke next.
"I'll pay you one hundred and sixty thousand." Gu Hai announced without hesitation.
The room was quiet for a few seconds. Dr. Lee's jaw dropped in shock.
Ying Yue threw her hands up and shouted, "Sold!" There was no denying the dollar signs in her eyes. This woman was surely doing this for the money.
"I'll have my lawyer draw up a contract in the morning." Gu Hai said.
She nodded gleefully and grabbed her purse and left.
"I don't like how this baby felt like an auction." Bai LuoYin frowned.
"That was a very high price for a surrogate." Dr. Lee stated.
Bai LuoYin didn't say anything about the money. He knew Gu Hai would give away all of his fortunes if it meant that he could have this child. A child that was fathered by him was the purest of love to Gu Hai.
"I could tell that she was in it for the money." Gu Hai said.
"Most people are, others do it through the goodness in their hearts." Dr. Lee said.
"May we see Ying Yue's background check please?" Bai LuoYin said.
The doctor nodded and was off to retrieve the document.
After they were finished with checking Ying Yue's health records and reading up on everything related to her, they exited the building. Ying Yue was a very healthy woman. All they had to do now was wait until the doctor confirmed that both Jiang Yifei and Ying Yue were both pregnant. It would take at least five days, but they were eager.
Walking down the steps of the building, Gu Hai spotted a woman crying her eyes out at the bottom. She sat with her knees together and had a ton of tissues surrounding her.
Gu Hai made his way towards her as Bai LuoYin looked on.
"Are you alright miss?" Gu Hai asked sincerely concerned.
She looked up at him and sniffled. Tears fell endlessly from her eyes as she looked troubled. "I was just fired from my job. I've worked here for four years." She said and burst out sobbing.
Bai LuoYin checked his surroundings. There were a few people observing them with wonderment.
Gu Hai's eyes went wide. His curiosity got the better of him
"You wouldn't happen to be the nurse who made the mistake with the sperm samples, would you?" He asked.
She stood up suddenly, her eyes frantic with panic. "Does everyone know about my mistake?! Did Dr. Lee tell everyone in the clinic?!" She cried out painfully again.
Gu Hai felt sorry for her. He took one step and embraced her, which made her turn silent as a mouse.
Bai LuoYin was shocked. He froze.
Gu Hai pulled away from the woman and asked, "What is your name?"
"Zang." She whimpered a bit confused.
Gu Hai smiled at her and said, "Well, Zang, you've made me the happiest man alive.  I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart."
She frowned at him confused even more. "Did you hear what I've just said?"
"I did. I'm the husband of the donor's sperm," Gu Hai said. He held out a hand to introduce his wife. "This is my partner, the love of my life, Bai LuoYin."
Zang eyed Bai LuoYin and cried out again, "I'm so terribly sorry for what I have done! Please don't sue me! I don't have much!"
Bai LuoYin made his way towards her. "I'm not going to do that. That is not my intention."
Gu Hai rubbed her back gently. "We are actually grateful to you. Your mistake has made me very happy. We aren't upset at all. This is something I've wanted for a long time."
Zang stifled her cries. "You're actually happy that I've caused this horrible mistake?"
Bai LuoYin nodded.
Gu Hai embraced her again in a sideways hug, "Please don't cry. I am very grateful to you."
She sniffled.
Bai LuoYin had an idea then. "You said you were just fired, how about we hire you."
Zang was shocked. Needless to say, she found that these men were very very nice to her. She felt a little better and wiped her eyes with the tissue.
"Hire me?" She said puzzled.
Bai LuoYin nodded and glanced at Gu Hai, "My husband here has a company. He would be thrilled to have you on board."
Gu Hai caught on and nodded swiftly. "Yes, yes, I own my own business. I can offer you a job."
Her eyes brightened. "Really?!"
They smiled at her.
"But you mustn't make a mistake like you did here." Gu Hai joked.
She looked at him horrified, "I swear! Never!"
"Then you're hired!" Gu Hai beamed and held his hand out for her to shake.
She smiled and shook it.

After parting ways with Zang, Gu Hai and Bai LuoYin talked about bringing another child into the world.
"It's going to be difficult with two babies." Bai LuoYin noted.
"I think we can do it." Gu Hai grinned, turning onto a crowded street. "One for you and one for me."
Bai LuoYin rolled his eyes. "This is not a joke Gu Hai! It's important that we focus on this. We are taking on the responsibility of two human beings."
Gu Hai sighed, "I know. I'm just excited." He admitted.
"Turn right on the next street. Now we have to buy another crib." Bai LuoYin pointed out.
Gu Hai did as he was told and they pulled into the parking lot of a furniture store.
Bai LuoYin turned to him, "Now you get your wish. Let's see how well you hold up."
"Hold up?" Gu Hai asked puzzled.
"Yes, two babies mean more crying and more diapers to change. Not to mention more bottles!" Bai LuoYin pointed out.
Gu Hai sat silently in his seat as a visual invaded his mind.
Bai LuoYin exited the vehicle with a chuckle. Serves him right! He thinks it's easy! He thought to himself.
With Gu Hai being the only child, he didn't know what he was in for. At least Bai LuoYin had babysat a few times. It was hard taking care of a baby!
Gu Hai finally opened his door and rushed out. "Can't we hire a little help?"
"No!" Bai LuoYin said, "When the babies come, it's crucial that they have our undivided attention! It's important that they know 'us' well. Help can come later."
"That means we will have to take time off of work." Gu Hai said.
Bai LuoYin nodded, "At least ten weeks."
"That long?!" Gu Hai said stunned.
Bai LuoYin nodded again, "Maybe longer."
They went into the store and bought a crib that matched the one that they had at home.
At the end of the day, someone's mistake had made them happier than expected. The world seemed brighter. There was even a slight bounce to Gu Hai's step. He went about the rest of the night imagining a baby Bai LuoYin held tightly in his arms. As he flossed his teeth before bed, an echo of a baby crying was born in his imagination, it made him look up into the distance with a smile.
This was his gift from the heavens. This was fate. This was meant to happen. They would be blessed with a second baby. He was beyond thrilled.
Bai LuoYin lay in bed. His mind ran to things related to their growing family. The first thing we wanted to do was call his father with the good news. But he had read an article about telling family and loved ones the good news too soon. There were many things that could go wrong. He was hopeful though.
That night they prayed to the heavens that everything would go well. Their happiness would triumphantly win in the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
162K 5.7K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
315K 9.5K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...