Lover • Klaus Mikaelson

By LaurenG185

Ameliana Moretti was not an ordinary girl. She was the only person that Niklaus Mikaelson truly trusted. Unfo... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
A/N
Forty Three
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ 1
A/N
Bonus Chapter ~ 2

Three

28.3K 511 217
By LaurenG185

3rd person POV:

Somehow, Amelia made it to the cemetery before Elijah, and Sophie. However, when she went to enter she was block by an invisible wall. 

"Boundary, of course," Amelia growled. She heard voices in front of her, and a group of witches came out. They made there way towards the entrance and Amelia hid behind a nearby tree. As the witches walked by, Amelia grabbed the one in the back and swiftly put a hand over their mouth. Once the other witches were out of earshot, Amelia pulled her hand from his mouth.

"What the hell?" The witch said. He raised his hand, and tried to give her an aneurysm. Amelia felt a tiny tugging in her brain but other than that she was fine. She just stood and waited for him to finish. 

"I'm very old, you're going to have to try harder than that," Amelia told him.

"Who are you?" The witch asked again. He was brave, Amelia would give him that.

"Doesn't matter who I am, what matters is that if you don't invite me in, you're head won't be attached to your shoulders for much longer," Amelia told him, slowly getting closer. The witch stumbled over a root as he was back up and Amelia smirked at him. "I'll give you five seconds."

"I won't let you in," he told her defiantly, but Amelia could see him visibly trembling. 

"Five." She took another step towards him, as he was shaking his head, "Four."

"No."

"Three," Amelia continued, watching as a bead of sweat dripped down the witch's face, "Two."

"Alright, fine!" He cried, right as Amelia was about to just skip to zero. "You can come in." 

Amelia stuck her foot through the entrance of the cemetery and was pleased when she found out that she wasn't stopped. She turned to the witch who had ever so kindly listened to her, and smiled at him. 

"Thank you," she said, before promptly yanking his heart out and letting it roll onto the ground. She quickly made her way inside, searching for Hayley. When she found her, she was sitting on a bench surrounded by a group of witches. 

"How the hell did you get in here?" A witch asked as she stood up. Hayley and all of the witches whirled around to see the brunette standing there with a smirk on her face. Amelia raised an eyebrow. 

"I was invited in," Amelia said, in a tone that made the older witch feel dumb.

"By who?" The witch asked again.

"Doesn't matter. What does matter is that I'm here to get Hayley," Amelia told them. She moved forward but was blocked by the older witch's arm. Amelia grabbed the witch's neck and twisted the witch around so his neck as at an awkward angle. "All it would take its one little twitch and your neck will snap. I suggest that you let me take my friend home or I'll kill you." The witch grunted and nodded. When Amelia went forward to grab Hayley she was stopped by a different witch. 

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that. Hayley is our leverage, and we can't lose our leverage," the witch told her. 

"Your leverage over who?" Amelia asked. 

"The Originals," The witch told her. 

"Why the hell would she be leverage over the Originals?" Amelia asked incredulously. Suddenly there were voices above her. 

"Apparently, they spent some time together. One thing led to another and now this special werewolf girl – she's pregnant. And the father of the child she's carrying, is your brother Klaus," Amelia heard Sophie say. Amelia glanced down at Hayley's stomach and listened closely. Sure enough there was another, faint heartbeat inside of Hayley. 

"Oh my god," Amelia said as she ran a hand through her hair. Suddenly the witches grabbed her and Hayley's arms, leading them out of that room and closer to the voices of Sophie and Elijah upstairs. 

"That's impossible," Elijah said in disbelief. 

"Nothing is impossible, especially not when it comes to your brother. Think about it – they call him the hybrid, right?" Sophie asks. "Bring her out!" Out came a group of witches. In the middle of them was a brunette that Elijah didn't recognize but beside her was a very pissed off Amelia.

"Amelia?" Elijah and Sophie asked at the same time. Sophie looked at the female Original in the middle of the group of witches, with an eyebrow raised. Amelia scowled at her, and Sophie's eyes widened when she realized that if Amelia wasn't released soon, she would kill all  of the witches surrounding her. 

"Guys, let her go," Sophie ordered. The older witch didn't look pleased but he stepped to the side allowing Amelia to walk past him. Amelia smirked and got out of the circle, but not before snapping the witch's neck. She made her way over to the opposite side of the room but she made sure to avoid Elijah.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asks Elijah. 

"Give us a moment please," Elijah told the room. 

***

Elijah, Hayley, and Amelia were inside a burial vault that was lit by numerous candles on the walls around them. Hayley had asked Amelia to stay with her because with all the stress she was under she needed a friend at the moment. 

"So, have they been holding you here against your will?" Elijah asked Hayley. He was very aware of Amelia's presence and he was curious to find out who she was and what she wanted. It was apparent that her and Hayley had a connection but it was strange how she had just shown up out of nowhere and was now everywhere that Elijah was.

"They lured me out to the bayou and grabbed me. And they did all these... weird witchy tests. Not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, vampires are dead. They can't have children!" Hayley exclaimed. Amelia moved over and put a comforting hand of Hayley's shoulder. Hayley reached up and squeezed Amelia's hand, thanking her for being there.

"Perhaps if you knew my brother's story, it might explain how this is possible. Here, if I may," Elijah tries to lay his hand on Hayley's temple, but she leans backwards into Amelia.

"What are you doing?" Hayley questioned alarmed.

"Relax. If you open your mind to me, I can show you," Elijah explained. Hayley looked up to Amelia, and the brunette nodded, telling her that it would be okay. Hayley leans forward again and Elijah reaches to touch her head. They close their eyes. 

"In the beginning, our family was human... A thousand years ago, now," Elijah began.

FLASHBACK

"Come, Henrik. Our brothers are fighting again," Rebekah called to her brother.

"Although our mother dabbled in the dark arts, we were actually just a family trying to survive in a time when it was quite difficult to do so. And, for better or worse, we were happy. Niklaus especially, for was in love with a girl named Ameliana Moretti. She was a beautiful redhead and she matched him perfectly." Elijah explained.

"That is, however, until one night, our youngest brother was killed by our village's greatest threat," Elijah said. 

Klaus comes home, carrying Henrik's body. Ameliana following closely behind. Tears were streaming down her face.

"Mother!" Klaus cries out.

"Men that could transform themselves into wolves during the full moon. Our family was devastated, none more than Niklaus. He would only talk to Ameliana but she rarely told us what he said. She promised not to, and she always kept her promises. Desperate to protect the rest of us, our father forced our mother to call upon her black magic in order to make us stronger," Elijah explained.

Mikael, holds the bleeding arm of a human in front of Rebekah.

"Drink!" Mikael demands. Rebekah drinks the blood.

"Thus, the first vampires were born. But with this speed, this strength, this immortality, came a terrible hunger. No one felt this hunger more than Niklaus,"

Klaus attacks a human, feeds, and the person dies.

"When he killed for the first time, we knew what he truly was," Elijah told the two girls. He had no idea that one of them had lived through it.

Klaus turn into a wolf. He screams, his bones cracking. Mikael, Elijah, and Ameliana come running

"Niklaus!" The redhead calls.

"What is happening to me?" Klaus cried out. 

Elijah wants to run to his brother, but he can't as he is held back by his father.

"Don't!" Mikael shouts at Elijah.

"Father! It hurts!" Klaus cries out.

"He's a beast, an abomination," Mikael says with disgust. Ameliana kneeled down and pulled him to her trying to comfort him. 

"Lia, please. I will hurt you," Klaus begged and tried to pull away from the girl.

"Nik, listen to me! You will be okay, I promise," The redhead responded. She didn't let go, and it seemed as if  Klaus was calming down.

"Never leave me," Klaus begged her. 

"I promise I will never," Ameliana assured him. 

"Okay," Klaus said. He continued to calm down until he smelled her blood. She had cut herself on a rock when she knelt down and had not noticed it. The veins under Klaus' eyes turned black and his eyes gold. He grabbed her hand and started to drink her blood. When he pulled away he tried to resist but could not and went straight for her neck.

"Niklaus!" Elijah cried in horror. Klaus simply looked up at his brother but continued draining Ameliana's blood. When he finished her let go of her body and she dropped limply to the ground. That was when he realized what he had done. 

"No!" Klaus cried. He gathered the redhead's body in his arms and cried out in anguish. 

PRESENT DAY

"He wasn't just a vampire," Elijah informed them. He looked up and noticed that Amelia's eye were glazed over. There were streaks down her cheeks which led Elijah to the conclusion that she was crying. 

"He was also a werewolf. That's how the werewolf curse works. It isn't activated until you take a life," Hayley finished.

"Niklaus was the result of an indiscretion our mother had hidden from us all. An affair, with a werewolf like yourself," Elijah explained.

"But he killed Ameliana. I thought he loved her," Hayley said. Amelia took a deep breath to calm herself down. Seeing herself die was not something that ever needed to happen. 

"He loved her very much. He hoped that the blood in her system had not yet left her system, as she was forced to drink as well. However, she had left the house before my father killed us. When he drained her blood and killed her he was devastated. The only thing that kept him going was the hope that she would come back like we had. It turns out that the blood was gone," Elijah explained. Amelia steadied herself. She reminded herself that, that incident was a thousand years ago. She was very different. She quickly composed herself and put on an emotionless mask.

FLASHBACK

Esther, their mother, stands in front of a fire, casting a spell. Ameliana's dead body was laying next to her. There was blood down the front of her dress and she was ghostly pale.

"Infuriated by this betrayal, my father forced our mother to cast a spell that would suppress Klaus's werewolf side, denying him any connection with his true self," Mikael binds Klaus to a wooden cross. Klaus struggles and cries out for help but none comes. He looks over in despair at his beloved brother.

"Elijah! Elijah, hold him down!" Mikael commanded.

"Brother, please! Don't let them do this to me!" Klaus cried to Elijah. 

"Do it now, boy! Now!" Mikael demanded again. He was getting impatient.

"Help me!" Klaus begged.

PRESENT DAY

"Your dad was a dick," Hayley commented. Amelia thought back to everything Elijah had just showed her. She was not aware of what Nik went through after she was dead. All she remembered was waking up in her bed. Elijah chuckles. "I'm Hayley, by the way. You should probably know my name if you're gonna tell me your whole life story. I mean, I know yours. Your family is legendary. Your brother is a notorious psycho... who I slept with. Classic me." Amelia tried not to react to that comment. She was over Niklaus but it as ironic the situation she was in now. 

"I cannot excuse his behavior, but you must understand, when our father hunted him – hunted us – for centuries, every time we found a moment of happiness, we were forced to flee. Even here, in New Orleans, where we were happiest of all. Not long after Niklaus broke the spell which prevented him from becoming a hybrid, he defeated our father. I thought this would make him happy. He was angrier than ever. I wonder if perhaps this baby might be a way for my brother to find happiness. A way to save him from himself," Elijah responded. Sophie enters the vault, and casts a glance over at Amelia. Amelia meets her eyes and shoots her a warning glance. 

"I'm glad you feel that way, because we need your help," Sophie told them. 

"What, precisely, is it that you want and what does it have to do with this young woman?" Elijah asks.

"We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town. Klaus is the key. Everything Marcel knows about being a vampire, he learned from Klaus. Marcel trusts him, looks up to him, and he won't see the betrayal coming," Sophie explained.

"Yes, well, as I'm sure you're aware, my brother Niklaus doesn't like to be told what to do," Elijah reminded her.

"That's why I brought you here. Marcel drove the werewolves out of town decades ago. Do you really think he's going to welcome a hybrid baby to the neighborhood? Convince Klaus to help us, and no one has to know about the newest member of the Original family," Sophie threatened. Amelia remained expressionless but she was fairly impressed by this young witch. She had guts talking to an Original like that. However, she was getting kinda annoying, like all witches were. 

"That sounds remarkably like blackmail," Elijah said. He sounded like he wanted to laugh, and Amelia found herself letting out a small chuckle. 

"Like I said, I'm desperate," Sophie said, holding her ground.

"Well, then, I have my work cut out for me, don't I?" Elijah responded and left.

A/N (7/25/2021) 

Hello everyone! I just wanted to come on and let you know that obviously I made a few changes to this chapter. Earlier in this chapter I used to have Amelia compelling a witch, and I'm well aware that that isn't possible, but I put it in there just for story purposes. However, since several of you commented on this, I decided to just change it so that I stop getting comments about it. I hope that the new version is good enough for you guys. I'm sorry if this sounded a bit passive aggressive, but I'm just frustrated with addressing this issue, as I have commented on it a few months go as well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 267 5
Klaus Mikaelson died in order to save his daughter Hope. But after his death, Klaus left something or better say someone behind. His oldest daughter...
721K 20.1K 49
Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And then one day, as the two are having the tim...
24.3K 1K 15
Emilia Mikaelson is the complete opposite of her twin brother, Elijah Mikaleson. Whereas history calls Elijah the noble Mikaleson, history calls Emil...
191K 4.3K 57
𝐊𝐨𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐎𝐂 I am 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫. I am known as The Devil by humans. I don't mind. Punishing the bad is my duty. If I am deemed...