Emmet X Rex because I can

By TheTreeGremlin

I don't care whether this gets any reads or not, I just love this ship and want to write about it. This story... More

First Encounters
Exploration
Ourmomageddon
A/N

Lucy?!

1.3K 30 19
By TheTreeGremlin

"WHEN ARE WE GONNA STOP FALLING?!" Emmet screamed as he plummeted towards the ground. Him and Rex fell into a pile of LEGO bricks.

"Now" Rex replied, standing up in a defensive pose. Emmet stood up and gasped for air

"Uhh, Rex do you hear a rumbling?" The ground shook beneath them as a giant DUPLO alien came out of the ground, lifting Emmet onto it's head but he soon fell off.

"Planet DUPLO!" Rex said as he ran up another pile of bricks. They saw lots of different aliens playing around in the bricks "this is really bad" Rex worried. A claw suddenly came down from the sky and scooped up Emmet. Rex jumped on top of it and they both got a good view of this heckhole. They spotted a train as a small purple alien jumped onto it.

"Alright you guys, the queen says we've got to get these bricks sorted and up to the space temple before the ceremony starts, let's go! Go! Go!" Emmet looked further up the tracks to see the space temple. He leaned upward to face Rex.

"Rex! I think I know what to do!"

"What's your plan?"

"We have to hang, bro!"

"I catch you, grab and go amigo!" Rex winked at Emmet and jumped down, grabbing his hand as the claw spun around it let them go And they went flying, landing in a pile of green bricks on the train. They sat up and noticed they were still holding hands, they let go, looked away from eachother and blushed, Emmet scratched the back of his head. "Well done!" Rex patted Emmet on the back " the student has become.. the teaching assistant" he said, once more placing a hand on Emmet's back.

"Thanks! I hope this leads to our friends" Emmet said as the train speeded off towards the space temple. They were just sitting there in silence as they heard a voice from behind.

"Get down!" Emmet and Rex felt something push them down under the bricks. Emmet stood up, he saw Lucy standing there. "Emmet!" She said

"Lucy!" They pulled eachother into a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to save you"

"I'm here to save you! We're saving eachother!" He said bouncing up and down holding her hands.

"Wow! You made it all the way here, I-I can't believe it"

"Well ya' better believe it sister." Rex said, emerging from the bricks with one on his head. That he took off

"Woah, who is this guy?" Lucy asked, gesturing to Rex

"Oh! So you can see him?! Oh-ho, I was so worried he was just a projection of what my ego needs deep down, but no! He's real! Cool!"

"I'm Rex Dangervest, Social media influencer, First base man, man of the soil, script doctor, and my middle name is machete ninja star so I know tough, and Emmet is one tough cookie!" He said punching Emmets arm playfully. " He's a cookie so tough and hard, you can't even chew it, because it turns out it's not a cookie! It's a chainsaw!" Emmet proudly posed

"Really?" Lucy said

"Yeah I grew up! Just like you wanted." Emmet said happily

"Yeah, no, that's.. that's great" Lucy put on a fake smile

"Hmm, thought you'd be more excited."

"Me too" Lucy sighed "but it's good! Because that's what we need! They've got all our friends! Your nightmare, Ourmomageddon, it's coming. We have to stop it or else we're all doomed and it's- and it's all going down right there at the-"

"The space temple" Emmet cut her off "and the clock from my dream" he said, pointing to the dolphin clock next to the temple. The clock said 4: 59 "it's all coming true.."

"Not if we can help it!" Rex said placing a hand on Emmet's shoulder.

'who is that guy?' Lucy kept on asking herself. 'and why does he like Emmet so much? Emmet! Well, I mean, Emmet isn't bad but he isn't the coolest person I've met' they entered the temple, it was a huge dark place, only lit by fire and lava.

"Where are we?" Emmet asked rhetorically. They looked forward to see the loads being dumped into a big batch of lava.

"Look out!" Lucy warned. As they were clinging onto the load for dear life, the joints broke and they plummeted towards the lava.

"Emmet! You got this bro!" Rex yelled as he punched the load witch shattered it.

"Quick! Let's build uhh, a toaster!"
Emmet panicked

"A TOASTER?!"Lucy screamed

"Just trust me" he replied. They all master built a toaster. It landed in the lava but didn't burn or sink. Each person landed in a different slot, the toaster ticked for a couple of seconds before launching them back out into a hole in the wall where they were safe.

"Wow! That was cool" Lucy said surprised

"Oh yeah, yeah, ye-ah? Yeah, it was, it was cool" Emmet said proudly.

"What fresh nightmare are they constructing here?" Rex asked himself as they saw anthropomorphic dogs turning cogs and wheels while a darker version of 'catchy song' was being sung in the background.

"It's a wedding cake!" Lucy said "of doom"

"Disgusting" Rex said in, well, disgust.

"How is a wedding ceremony going to summon Ourmomageddon?" Emmet innocently asked

"I don't know but we're not gonna wait to find out" Lucy replied

"We can stop the ceremony if we find a weakness in the temple, blow it up! I scanned the layout as we entered using my implositron, one of my impossibly cool gadgets!" Rex said pulling out a strange device and throwing it on the floor, it expanded, folding out and projecting a layout of the temple on the wall. "Ah, this temple is clearly built as a beacon for the end of days. Emmet! You're a construction worker, what do you think?" He offered

"Great question Rex, I'll take it from here" Emmet proudly walked up to the projection "Unique construction style, seems to be built around this entertainment center in the middle-"

"Looks like a- a magical relic that.. plays music as a protective defence sheild"Lucy cut him off

"Okay, I've got a plan" Emmet says as he grabs a stick that was leaning on the wall beside him and slapped it on his spare hand. "We split up! Rex retrieves the Rexcelsior and gets in the rexstraction position ha! Not a fan of puns? Okay, Lucy unplugs the entertainment center which should deactivate the defence sheild, then I'll do the master breaker punch here, at the top of the temple" Emmet said pointing the stick at the top of the temple. "Which should start a chain reaction, causing the whole place to blow! Then Rex swoops in, grabs us and our friends and we all go home!"

"Wow! That's a really impressive plan!" Lucy said, quite amazed!

"Thank you!" Emmet thanked Lucy as he gave Rex a headset so they can stay in touch. "Now grab a headset I don't want to loose you again" Lucy took them and put her hood down, revealing her 'new' blue and pink hair, putting the headset on. "Woah! Lucy what's with your hair?"

"Oh! It's nothing, just a spa thing" she panicked as she put her hood back up to hide it. "Don't worry about it, that- it's not my real hair! My real hair is naturally black!."

"She's lying" Rex accused her

"She wouldn't lie to me about something as important as her hair colour" Emmet innocently said

"I'm not!"

"She would, if she was brainwashed! And you can't wash a brain without washing the hair on top of that brain, its basic science!" it's not basic science, but anyway!

"Lucy, you're not.." Emmet said leaning backwards, away from Lucy along with Rex"

"No-ho i-" she chuckled and then got cut off by Emmet gasping

"Are you?!"

"Well- pfft- i- I'm not! I'm not brainwashed!" She started to panick more

"Well what about the rest of our friends?"

"Oh, they're brainwashed, but I'm not!" Lucy was sounding suspicious.

"You sure we can trust her?" Rex whispered to Emmet. He wasn't sure.

"Emmet, it's me.." Lucy smiled. No reply. "Emmet?.."

"I can always trust you." They smiled at eachother "now you disable the sheilds, and I'll blow up the temple.."

"And I'll get my ship!" Rex finished his sentence, wrapping an arm around his back. "We've got no time to loose because.." they heard a faint voice come from outside. "It's five o'clock pm!"

"Wow! That was perfectly timed!" Emmet said, amazed at how awesome Rex was. Lucy on the other hand, didn't find Rex to be that cool. To be completely honest, Lucy was jealous. Emmet seemed to like Rex more than her now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
16K 287 5
After the events of the third movie, when Branch gets back in touch with his brothers, the fun doesn't stay for long when John Dory gets capture by c...
233K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
2.7K 65 10
It was a normal day on the desolate planet full of trash, with no human life left, named earth. A robot who looked like a children's drawing of the s...