Feeling the Aster 💥 (Young J...

By 1-800baelatargaryen

My name is Y/n Justice, apart of theJustice League. On what was supposed to be one a epic day, turned into so... More

Prologue and Cast
Independence Day
Independence Day part 2
Fireworks
Fireworks Part 2
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Welcome to Happy Harbor Part 2
Drop Zone
Drop Zone Part 2
Schooled
Schooled Part 2
Info
Infiltrator
Infiltrator Part 2
Denial
Denial Part 2
Downtime
Downtime Part 2
Bereft
Bereft Part 2
Targets
Terrors
Terrors Part 2
Homefront
Alpha Male
Revelation

Homefront Part 2

99 4 2
By 1-800baelatargaryen

As Artemis continues to freak out while Robin pulls up the map up the cave in order to find the fastest way to the hangar, I think back to when Batman made sure that I memorized the map of the cave in case a situation like this happened.

"We can go to the library." I said, gaining the other two's attention. "I can lead us there and we can hope we don't get caught." The two nod their heads in agreement.

"You got a rune that can lead us there?" Artemis asks.

"Not exactly." I say in response before giving her a small smile to hopefully help calm her nerves before crawling past her and Robin to start leading the way.

As we crawl through the tunnels of the cave Robin eventually speaks up, breaking the silence that was lingering in the air.

"So how do you know how to get to the library without the map of the cave?" He asks with curiosity in his tone as he crawls behind me and Artemis behind him.

"Incase a situation of the cave being infiltrated by others, Batman and I decided it was best that I memorize ways where I can guide you guys to any part of the cave that's accessible if need be for an escape. My job besides being with both leagues is to make sure that I protect you all, but it's not just a job for me, with getting to know you all I've come to care for all of you so if the time ever comes don't be surprised if I'm ready to lay down by life for you all." I stop crawling making the other two. "We're here." I say before they have any chance to respond to my revelation.

I move the cover slightly to check our surroundings and to see if we are alone before moving it fully, allowing us to drop onto the cases of books before we rush down the stairs.

"As cliche as it sounds, there's a secret passage behind one of these bookcases, but then again the Batcave isn't any better. We need to find the shelf that has the book "The Mysteries of Udolpho."

"Seriously!" Artemis exclaims as we go through the cases.

Before I have the chance to respond, the sound of one of the doors opening gains our attention and influences us to hide behind a bookcase. Artemis and I bring out an arrow and our bows while Robin pulls out his birdarangs. The footsteps come closer, and almost sound metallic? I can't recognize the foot pattern either.

"Artemis. Robin. S/n." One of the infiltrator's said in a robotic voice that sounded exactly like Red Tornado.

"It's Red Tornado!" Artemis exclaims before jumping out but gasped as she saw who it wasn't who she thought it was."
"Run!" I yelled out to Robin as I ran towards Artemis and pulled her under the table to get out of the robot's path.

"Yes on the Red" Robin started as we ran away from the robot.

"No on the Tornado" I finish as I look back at the tall robot who smashed up the tables. We met another robot, but this one looked more...feminine? Who blocked our exit by shooting fire at us.

I ran ahead of the two so I could boost the two on top of the bookshelf before shooting an arrow that released high density polyurethane foam at the robots in order to give me a sec to jump on the shelf too and run on top of the other ones to catch up to the two.

"Who-? What are they?!" Artemis asks in front of me before jumping down to meet Robin who was at the right shelf already looking for the book. I shoot another arrow at the female who blocks it before knocking down the shelf nearest to her...it? Causing the ones near to start going down like dominoes. I turned around and jumped down quickly as Robin found the book and pulled it down as the shelfs were coming down closer to us. We slipped in quickly and didn't look back as we ran through the hallway.

"S/n, did you know Tornado had siblings?" Artemis yelled.

"No and I don't believe he does either." I replied before stopping at the fork so the other two could as well.

"So now what? Red Tornado is one of the powerhouses of the League? How are we supposed to take down two of him?"

"They do seem pretty user-unfriendly." Robin said leading to Artemis giving a deadly glare.

"Don't joke!" Artemis told the male.

"Look if need be, I can distract the two so they don't go after you guys so the two of you could hopefully figure something out." I said looking at both of them. The two looked ready to argue. "It's our only chance at stopping them, I can handle them." I said before they could start yelling at me."

"Attention, Robin. Attention, Artemis. Attention, S/n. You have exactly ten minutes to surrender or the lives of your teammates will be extinguished." The male(?) robot said over the intercom.

I gave the two a look that basically said 'we might not have a choice' and they gave me a look that said 'we still don't like it'.

—---
"Eight minutes." Was said over the intercom as we continued down the hallway.
"We can access the hanger from here." Robin started but stopped as he looked behind us. We turned to look at what he was looking at to see waves of water were coming towards us. "Or not." Robin whispered before we all continued running.

"Will you please stop saying that ?!" Artemis called out.

I brought out my stele to see if I could portal us out of here and maybe if anything get us to one of our rooms since I don't think they'd look in there, but before I could we got swept up in the water.

I brought out my mini oxygen tubes and put it in my mouth and headed towards Artemis to see eyes closed. I took a deep breath of the oxygen from the tube before taking it out and putting it into her mouth. I tapped her cheek a couple of times to get her eyes opened before pushing her towards Robin. He wrapped an arm around her and began swimming toward the surface.

I was about to begin to follow them but my ankle was grabbed by the male robot. I grabbed one of my arrows that was floating in the water with one hand and grabbed the others that were floating nearby before stabbing the singular one into the robot's eye. I boosted myself by kicking him away from me and reached the surface to where the other two were at.

"Look out!" Is what I heard from KF's voice as I broke the surface to see fire hurtling towards us. We all dived back under and went to where the speeder and half Kryptonian were.

"You guys okay?" Robin whispered as we broke the surface.

"Forget us, help M'gann." Superboy yelled even though we were only a couple feet away from her.

"Aqualad! How are you and M'gann?" I called out.

"She's unconscious...I fear she- we cannot survive much longer." He called back. I closed my eyes in a tired manner as my mouth released a sigh before I leaned my forehead against Kid Flash's containment.

"We don't have a choice then. We need to split up; the two of you will find a way to stop these robots from functioning and before any of you say otherwise, do not forget who has seniority here."

The fire robot finds us and decides to shoot us again with the fire leading to all three of us diving under again. As we swim I sign to head to the stairs to the other two who nod in understanding.

We made it towards the stairs. I bring out my stele and start drawing the portal rune.

"I don't care what either of you are going to argue, I will hold them off so I hope you know where to go." I push the rune forward so the portal can activate and nod at the two.

Robin looks like he's going to argue but Artemis grabs his hand to pull him back. The water robot emerges with the eye that I drove the arrow into sparkling. I feel the heat and turn around to see the female robot arrive on the other side of me. I look at the two and mouth 'go'. They give me a solemn look before running into the portal which closes as soon as they make it in.

I bring out my bow and one of the exploding arrows that I have and fire it at the water robot while shooting another high density polyurethane foam arrow at the fire robot. I grab one of the birdarangs and throw it past the water man to embed itself next to KF's head.

I jump to the side and go back into the water to swim towards the statue so I can make it to Superboy and KF. I glance behind me to see the water robot following after me. I swim faster and break the surface of the water.

"Where's Rob and Artemis?" KF asks as I climb up the structure.

"Away from here to figure out a solution." I respond by trying to balance on the area that's most flat.

"And what may I ask, are you planning on doing because if it's what I think it is, then you young lady better think of something else?!" Kid Flash yells at me with a worried tone.

"Look out of the three of us it'd be better if I held them off while they figure something out. I can get M'gann and Kaldur out of their cage but they can't deal with the robots and come up with a solution and go through with it at the same time. It's better I get a bit hurt than them." I say looking at him with pleading eyes for him to understand.

He sighs before nodding at me. "Then please be careful babe, I'm too young to be a widow." He flashes a smile at me which makes me chuckle and nod. I get my stele out to draw a portal rune and keep it ready as I look at the fire robot that's making its way to us.

The water robot emerges from the water and pounces towards me, making me push the portal rune behind me so we could both be pushed inside it.

We emerge above the fire woman who's above the water, and I quickly stab the robot with one of my daggers in the middle of its chest before kicking it toward the fire robot so they can fall into the water together. I notch an arrow as I fall in the air towards the water before releasing it so the grappling arrow can lock itself on to one of the sides on where M'gann and Kaldur are.

I draw the portal rune once again and push it above me so it could materialize as the water robot emerges and sends a water blast in my direction. I swing myself up into the portal while the water follows a second later. I emerge right where Kaldur and M'gann are and not a second to lose the water follows, making the fire cage turn into smoke and releasing Kaldur and M'gann.

"S/n." Aqualad whispers out, sounding so exhausted and seems to barely be hanging conscious.

"Oh Kaldur." I rush towards him and with an ounce of strength he swings M'gann's arm around my shoulder and does the same with her other arm with himself. I draw the rune again before pushing it forward so the portal can materialize. "Go with M'gann and get somewhere safe, this should be done in a couple minutes." He looks ready to argue despite his tired and exhausted state. "That's an order Kaldur'ahm." He sighs and nods before going through it with M'gann.

I feel the heat from behind and turn around to see a blast coming towards me so I quickly activate my agility rune to do a high backflip. The fire robot lands and walks towards me. I notch an arrow at her and it releases once again a high density polyurethane foam but it's a cooling foam that should freeze her for hopefully a couple of minutes. I turn around just to be kicked in the chest towards the water by the water robot which knocks all the air out of me and leaves me distraught. I land in the water and swim towards KF's containment thing and hide behind it while I capture my breath.

"Okay, make the distraction." I heard Robin say from the birdarang.

"HEY, RED TOMATO! WHOSE YOUR GIRLFRIEND? RED ONION?" KF yelled out to the water robot.

"YEAH AND BY THE WAY, WORST DEATH TRAP EVER! WE CAN ESCAPE ANYTIME WE WANT JUST LIKE OUR FRIENDS DID!" Superboy adds out.

"I CAN VIBRATE MT MOLECULES OUT OF HERE BEFORE YOUR BINARY BRAINS CAN COUNT TO TWO!"

"You guys are dorks." I say as my head leans on the strong rock like material and I continue to try to breathe normally.

"Babe, you good?" KF says as he turns his head to my direction as far as he can. I give him a small smile but no doubt he can see the exhaustion on my face.

"Just got the wind knocked out of me but I'll be okay." His green eyes look at me in concern but peak my head out so Superboy can see me. "M'gann and Kaldur are safe by the way." He smiles at me and nods in appreciation.

"AND YOU CAN'T DROWN A KRYPTONIAN DUMB-BOTS! WE DON'T BREATH AIR!" Superboy yelled out and KF loudly laughed at that.
Once my airways can take it in normally again, I climb the structure to balance myself so I could portal myself to the top where the robots are. I can see the fire robot is melting the cooling gel but not quick enough. I draw the rune and push it out so the portal can appear before going through it and appearing where the fire cage was once at. I see Artemis and Robin doing something but don't focus on it as I place a small cooling tube on the cooling gel to make it even harder for the robot to get out.

As I was doing that though, the water robot sent a huge wave towards Robin who got knocked into the giant pool of water that surrounds Superboy and KF and Artemis in retaliation sent her last arrow towards the robot but it missed its destination. As retaliation, the Robot sent a wave towards Artemis who got knocked into a wall and lost consciousness.

I ran at the robot and tried to launch a kick at its stomach since punching it would be useless but my ankle was grabbed and the robot threw me to the floor. I deactivated the locked form of my bracelet so my whip can come out before snapping it in its direction but instead of withering in pain like organic things do. It grabs the whip and pulls me forward before grabbing my arm that was holding my whip and breaks it. I release a scream as my arm is in pain but I cannot focus on it much longer as the robot grabs my neck and slams me into the ground knocking the air from me again. Over and over and over again as my head continuously pounds against the floor.

I can hear Superboy and KF yell out but what they're yelling is unclear. As the robot finally stops and lifts me up, I can see the robot in a blur as it walks towards the edge to drop me in the water no doubt. With all the strength I got left I grab my dagger with my one good arm and jam it into its neck causing it to let me go.

I fall into the water and somehow keep consciousness. I swim on my back like an otter towards KF as Robin is lifted out of the water by the robot.

"Why didn't the EMP work?" I asked KF and Superboy who look at me like I'm crazy.

"Babe, you're not looking too good right now." KF says as I lean again on the structure.

"Answer my question." I said hearing how hoarse my voice is as my vocal cords strain to produce a sound after being choked by a mechanical robot whose grip is strong.

"The circuits are incomplete so they need something conductible like a piece of metal." KF explains, which I was somehow able to hear despite my head hurting, and ears are ringing.

I nodded before climbing the structure to the best of my ability to be at a balanced spot

"What are you doing?" Superboy asks, both boys looking at me in concern as the water continues to rise up.

I grab my thinnest dagger and even though my dominant arm is broken, I aim the dagger at the generator before flinging it at the generator.

It makes contact and the EMP releases a blue wave of energy making the robots shut down and drop to the floor. The water stopped rising and instead was going down the drain.

"Kaldur! M'gann! Wherever you guys are, it's okay to come out now!" KF yelled.

—-

The team is all conscious but M'gann and I aren't in perfect condition. She's still not feeling 100% but she has Kaldur who is helping her stay balanced while Artemis has an arm around my waist while I have my arm around her and some weight as we all stand in a circle. However, KF and Superboy are still stuck in the rock-like structures while the decommissioned robots lay on the floor by sphere, which is stuck in the wall and is also decommissioned.

"Figured my only shot was to surrender, pretend to drown before I actually did. Blacked out though." Robin shrugged like it was nothing.

"M'gann." Superboy looked worriedly at his girlfriend and reached his hand out for her since his arm was stuck.

"I'll be fine. I'd be worse if S/n didn't get us out of there sooner. Thank you." The green martian girl said as she looked at me.

"Let's all just take a moment and realize how awesome my girlfriend is! Baddest and coolest girl in the world I swear!" KF says, shaking his head with a face full of pride before turning to me with a flirtatious smile. "You can rescue me anytime babe." He winks.

I let out a chuckle and shake my head in amusement. Artemis gently hands me to Robin who quickly wraps an arm around my waist while I hold my broken arm in front of me.

"Will you quit playing with that thing and cut us free already!" KF says as Artemis waits for the laser machine to turn on since it'll free the boys from they're confinement. "I got a girlfriend that needs to be nursed to health waiting!"

"It's not working, genius. EMP shuts down all machines, remember?" Artemis responds, glaring at him.

"All machines present at the time." Red Tornado said as he arrived at where we're at. "What has occurred?"

"Had a little visit from your family." Robin says, side eyeing the two robots that lay on the floor.

"Your extremely nasty family, that nearly killed all of us!" Artemis added.

"I was not aware I had relations." RT responded.

"Where have you been?" Superboy asked.

"Monitor duty on the Watchtower...when it became clear cave communications were down, I attempted to investigate but your zeta tubes were also non-functional. I transported to Providence and proceeded here." RT responded as he looked at his...siblings.

Sphere lit up and removed himself from the wall before coming over to Superboy and the laser machine turned on before Artemis quickly turned it off.

"The pulse has worn off." Robin and KF said simultaneously. RT touched one of the robots, and something must have happened because next thing any of us know. RT is in the air and using his ability to remove the oxygen from the room thus including our lungs.

I stumbled backward grasping at my already hoarse, and throbbing throat as my vision became blurry. I don't know what happened after I fell to the floor and lost consciousness.

——-

"S/n? S/n? Can you hear me?" A familiar voice called. I opened my eyes to see that I'm on the ground with my upper body leaning against my mother.

"Mom?" I hear my voice lowly whisper as it cracks. I look around to see all of the team conscious and being assisted by other League members especially KF and Superboy who are being cut out of their confinements by Flash and the Atom.

"Black Canary, is she alright?" Batman asks as he and Robin head over and kneel down."

"Vocal cords are severely damaged, she has a concussion, along with some bruised ribs and a broken arm but she'll live." She responds.

"What happened here?" Superman asks.

"What happened?"Artemis asks in disbelief and anger before I can try to respond. "The Reds happened. Tornado and his... wait where are they?"

Robin and Black Canary gently help me up. "Gone. All three of them. Gone." The youngest here answered.

———-•~~~~•~~~~~•———-
author's note

surpriseeeee! Yea I know if your reading this then your probably shocked that I updated. So sadly young justice was discontinued on HBO MAX so I was very sad since I have been there since day 1 BUT they're looking to find another home for it so I know that the show will come back like how it did in the past! My goal is to finish this season by this year so I can get to the other seasons and I've planned the story line out so please bear with me. I've lagged before on finishing this story but to those of you who are reading this, thank you for sticking through and I'll do my best to finish this for you and make sure that you like it. As you can see I changed this episode up but I have a reason! I wanted y'all to see that you the lovely readers are bad peoples who can do anything!

I'm planning on having another update this week so please keep your eyes out for that! I hope you guys can please comment and also I added some strong boyfriend support because there is gonna be some stuff going on between the couple soon cause well...it goes with the plot. Also did y'all appreciate the small cute moments I've left in this chapter?! Let me know if you did por favor.

Like I said though, got an update coming soon and please comment, like, and vote!

Love y'all!🫶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 181 16
5 years ago, Peter Parker, also known as The Amazing Spider-Man, joined a group of young superheroes known as Young Justice. Now, Earth has been inva...
8.8K 232 12
Batman finds a cluster of old files belonging to the light. However as he decodes them he realizes that a few are targeting a young, powerful, indivi...
8.2K 203 4
What if Superboy wasn't the only clone Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad found when they snuck into Cadmus? What is the Big Blue Boy Scout wasn't the onl...
104K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...