Death's Deal || DISCONTINUE...

By melrose_1010

A Harry Potter Fanfiction After living for over 200 years, and seeing the muggles destroy everything and ever... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
A/N and Familiars
6
7
8
9
10
Lord Rings
Lord Crowns
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
Sorting
20
21
Le Tagged (?)
Author Note
23
24
DISCONTINUED

22

19.8K 522 180
By melrose_1010

Letters/Writing
'Thoughts'
"Speech"
~Perseltongue~
<Beast Speech>
{Goblin Language}
[Demon Speech]
《Dragon Tounge》
*'Lady Hogwarts'*

"Hade? You alright man?"

Hadrian was still raging at the Professor, and that he never even noticed that the ghost was spouting lies in his past life. How could he have been that stupid?!

"Hadrian? Hadrian!"

Draco had clapped his hands in front of his face, and Hadrian snapped out of it.

He stared at the large group of not just Slytherin's, but Hufflepuff's and even Ravenclaw's surrounding them.

"Dear Merlin, man! You were deep in your head, we were just about ready to take you to Madam Pomfrey! What's on your mind?"

Hadrian shook his head, trying to gather his thoughts before signing;

Sorry, I guess Binns really got to me. How could I have been so oblivious to not notice the lies he was screaming for everyone to hear?!

Blaise and Draco looked at their friend sadly before relaying what he said to the others.

At this point, the large group of worried students had begun to cause a hold up in the halls, and Professor Flitwick was the one that they called to attention.

"Excuse me?! What are you all doing-? Hadrian? Are you alright?"

Hadrian looked to the Half Goblin professor, he seemed honestly worried- all of them did, but what was he supposed to do?

Hadrian stood, as he had apparently sat down on the ledge of a window, and nodded to the Professor.

I am fine now, thank you, all of you, for worrying so much, and I'm sorry to disappoint but I am not harmed or injured in any way. Sorry for the lack of gossip. I was simply stuck in my own thoughts. I apologize again for any worry, and especially to any students who are now late because of me.

Flitwick tried not to show the awe he had for the boy. Hadrian was so well mannered! It was obvious to see why Minerva and Aurora had spoken so highly of him after just one meeting!

"Well said, Mister Potter. Now I'm sure many of you are already late, off you trot! Shoo!" Flitwick said in a lighthearted manor, and it made Hadrian smile to himself.

'I never gave Flitwick the appreciation he deserved. Wasn't he a dueling champion before coming here?'

~Hatchling, you are going to be late to classs, I ssuggessst you hurry.~

Ostium quickly got everyone's attention, as about half of them didn't even know he was there.

Casting a quick 'tempus', Hadrian almost tripped when he noticed what time it was.

"Crap! It's already 2:40?! Transfiguration is on the other side of the castle!" Was heard around the large group of 21 first years.

Flitwick was almost as surprised as the students, as he had another class to teach.

"I'm sorry I can't give you a pass, I'm afraid worrying about a friend is not a well enough reason to be 10 minutes late."

Hadrian smiled slightly to the professor, trying to silently tell him it was alright.

Quickly thinking of an idea, he smirked to the large group of children.

I have an idea, follow me.

And with that, Hadrian quickly walked in the opposite direction of the stairs.

The others were confused, obviously, but all had already begun to trust Hadrian, why would he lead them astray now?

And so, the large group of students almost ran outside, right behind Hadrian, leaving Flitwick even more confused then before.

'I'm either loosing my touch with age, or Hadrian truly is a puzzle that can never be solved.'

--------Outside--------

Hadrian had gathered everyone into a large group in a secluded corner of the outside wall.

Looking to everyone, he silently asked them to trust him, and thankfully, they nodded their support.

'"Okay, what I'm about to do is going to be extremely terrifying, but please don't panic, everything is okay, and if you need to, close your eyes and don't open them until you hear the bell ring, yes?"'

There were some shaky nods coming from the Hufflepuffs, but most were confident in his abilities.

Hadrian closed his eyes and reached the shadows that were behind the group around them, creating a dome like space over and all around them.

Millicent couldn't breathe, she couldn't see anyone, everyone was gone, where did they go? Where they just her imagination? Was this all a dream? She didn't want to wake up. She didn't want to go home.

Did she even have a home?

Hadrian had opened his eyes in the Shadow realm, trying to make sure everyone was safe, when he saw Millicent gasping for breathe.

Her eyes were wide, and she was spinning in circles trying to find something.

No one else could see her, no one could see anyone, Hadrian wasn't quite that strong yet.

'"Millicent, calm down, it's me, you're okay, everyone is okay, close your eyes, and breath."'

A golden light then radiated off of him as he tried calming everyone, and Millicent soon stopped shaking and closed her eyes peacefully.

When she opened them again, she was sitting in Transfiguration class and the bell had just rung.

Hadrian sat in the middle of the room, to the table to his right were Draco and Blaise. Behind them were Daphne and Theo, with Pansy and a blonde Hufflepuff sitting up front.

((Okay because I'm too tired to actually do the math and go back and forth between Wattpad and my notes to see the list of names, just imagine that everyone is sitting with a partner (and there is gonna be one group of 3 yeah I know shut up)))

No, what surprised Millicent the most was that Hadrian was next to her.

Was she in trouble? Did she do something wrong? Did she upset him when she cried? She didn't mean to! Honestly! She was just scared! Was that what she did wrong? He warned them to close their eyes and she didn't, she didn't follow instructions! She should have just done what she was told to do! Why was she so stupid?! And now she had made him upset! She was going to be punished, and she didn't know if she would survive a beating from Hadrian...

'"Are you alright?"'

Came a smooth voice that chased away all her thoughts. She didn't recognize it immediately, but when she did she tried shrinking away in her seat.

'I'm fine, my King.'

She didn't know how she knew that he could hear her, she just... did.

'"My King? Now I know something is wrong. What happened?"'

She inhaled sharply.

'N-Nothing, I don't know what you mean.'

Hadrian looked to her in worry, but she couldn't look back. Her eyes wouldn't stop moving, and he immediately recognized the signs.

'"Oh... hey, it's alright to be afraid. Remember what I said earlier? Showing weakness does not mean you yourself are weak. You are allowed to cry, Millie, it is okay to be afraid."'

Her head snapped in his direction at the use of her nickname.

'How did you-?'

Hadrian smiled slightly at her startled reaction.

'"I've lived through two lifetimes, remember? I've heard your nickname before, and... I'm sorry. You may not remember it, but I was there when they sentenced you to death... the way your sister cried on that day has haunted me for years... but I promise I will get you both away from that house. I know how much your sister means to you, and if you want, I own a mansion near London that you and your sister can go to over the holidays. You don't need to tell the Professor's or your father, just mail her to get packed and I'll take care of the rest."'

Millicent felt as if she was going to cry- again. Hadrian had just offered her everything she had ever wanted and more. She was afraid she was going to wake up tomorrow morning back in Russia with her grandfather and father.

Without thinking, she hugged Hadrian with all the strength she had. She heard him chuckle before hugging back.

'"I suppose that's a yes to the Mansion, then?"'

She couldn't help but laugh.

When she finally released him, she was smiling with a few tears going down her cheeks, this time, happy tears.

"Thank you, Hadrian. For everything."

Hadrian smiled and nodded, before pointing towards the cat that had just jumped up on the front desk.

----------After Transfiguration-----------

Hadrian led the large group of 21 back downstairs and into the Great Hall once again, as he was still the only one that actually knew their way around the maze that was Hogwarts.

Many of them had asked how they had gotten into the classroom, sitting down, right before the bell, but all Hadrian did in answer was put a finger infront of his lips in the 'shhh' motion, and wink, making them either giggle or roll their eyes at him.

A lot of them had also asked other questions;

"Where the hell did the snake come from?"
"How did you speak in Binns class and while we were outside??"
"What was that place?"
"How did you take us there?"

All of which he answered in sign language, as only few knew it in Hufflepuff and those who did, only knew the simple signs.

This only made them groan at him as he smirked and wrote out,

I'll answer all questions soon enough, but it is only August! Wait for the troll to go loose before I spill all my secrets.

To which they laughed, but only those that had payed attention to his story of his past life knew the true meaning.

During Dinner, Hadrian finally finished his drawing of the Slytherin Crest and Ostium slithered up and down the table, randomly stealing lumps of food from people's plates.

"That looks awesome Hade! What else are you hiding from us?!"

Well I can play pretty much every intrument.

"Wait really?!" Screamed some upper year Snakes, to which he nodded.

"You gotta show us! I wish they tought us how to play violin, I've always wanted to learn..." Pouted Pansy.

Hadrian chuckled, and shrugged.

I could teach you. I could teach all of you, if you wanted.

Almost the entire table perked up at this.

"Man yall really want to learn how to play music. I heard they used to teach Music theory but they stopped after the war." Daphne.

"I could ask Sev if the classroom is used or not, then maybe start back up the Music Lessons?" Draco.

Everyone looked to Hadrian at this.

'"Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask. It might sound dumb, but it'd probably be better to start a type of club, just so Dumbles doesn't shut us down."'

"Whoop!" Was almost shouted by half the table.

The Snake's received many strange looks, but they didn't care. They stopped caring what others thought as soon as Hadrian arrived.

Draco was sent to go ask his godfather if Hadrian could start a Music Club, and the entire hall went almost silent as Dray asked him.

"Professor Snape, the first years had been talking and, we were wondering if we could start a type of club. You see, Hadrian learned how to play Violin a long time ago and he had offered to teach us as well. However we figured we should ask for your permission first."

Most of the hall perked up at hearing the mere mention of music.

Apparently, Music was something everyone was very passionate about.

Snape quickly glanced over to Hadrian before answering.

"Well... I don't see any reason to say no... However, I would like to ask Mister Potter to prove that he infact can play, and is not simply asking for an excuse to stay up late."

Hadrian smirked, and stood from his seat before walking towards the staff table and writing;

When should I prove myself to you, Professor?

Ronald, of course, needed better then that.

"What?! He can't just do it alone with his Head of House?! He should have to do it infront of everyone!"

Snape glared at the boy with cold eyes.

"And who said that I would require him to play alone?"

The entire hall snickered at Ron, thinking back to the rumor that had gone around that Ronald was just as gross as Dumbledore.

Snape looked back towards Hadrian.

"No, if you truly can play, I suggest you play now."

He paused and looked to the Headmaster.

"If, of course, it is alright with the Headmaster?"

The entire hall looked to him in anticipation.

Albus had to think quickly. He couldn't allow Potter to get closer to those Snakes! He had to embarrass the boy!

'If i could get Harry to mess up, maybe with a violin of my own magic, then he'll be so embarrassed, he won't want to be in Slytherin any longer, then he'll be forced to seek me out, forced to ask for my gracious guidance...'

Albus smiled.

"Yes! That sounds like a splendid idea! Here, I shall give you one of my very own Violins as well!"

Dumbledore summoned a random Violin and silently spelled it to sound terrible, all the while smiling with his eyes closed, expecting the boy to take it.

What instead happened, angered him beyond belief.

No thank you, Headmaster. I have a Violin of my own, there is no need to give me yours.

Was written out in golden letters behind Albus' closed eyelids.

McGonagoll rolled her eyes and sent a slight stinging hex towards the Headmaster as he was still closing his eyes.

'Idiot.' Was thought throughout the entire hall.

Albus jumped up at the stinging hex and looked beside him to Minerva, who again rolled her eyes and pointed to the letters still floating in the air.

Hadrian had already retrieved his now painted violin from his bag and was walking towards the front of the Hall.

Aurora was the only one able to speak at seeing the beautiful artwork painted onto the wooden intrument.

"Hadrian... did you paint that yourself?!"

Hade looked curiously to Aurora and then back down to the thing she was pointing at.

Then finally realizing she was talking about his Violin, he smiled proudly and wrote with his bow.

Oh, yes! I was gifted this violin by my caretakers at the orphanage for my 9th birthday, and over the years I took up painting as well, so I painted this just last year, do you like it?

Aurora gapped at the boy that smiled in pride at his work. She, along with all the other professors were amazed that one so young was able to do such amazing art.

"I-? Do I like it?! It's beautiful!"

Hadrian smiled once again at the Professor before turning back to the hall, taking a deep breath, getting into position, and playing.

((Go to video at top chapter, any of the songs will work I just couldn't pick one cuz I like all of them, You don't have to listen to the whole thing and you don't really have to listen to it at all, I just put it there cuz I really like that album and ye))

The entire hall was silent as he played the dark and deep notes of The Untold.

The music resonated around the entire hall, filling everyone's ears with the rich sound.

The song wasn't sad, nor was it happy, it was simply... beautiful.

Hadrian loved the dark and deeper notes of the Dark Orchestra, and he tried showing them justice when he played their music.

Of course, he was a Warlock, and that meant he could add a touch of magic into his playing.

As he played, he sent out a wave of silver magic, and let it sit in the air and slowly fall to the student's hands.

Looking like stars, but falling like snow.

His face remained the same throughout the piece, although towards the end of the song, a slow smile crept across his face, staying there as the last note sent a chill down everyone's spine.

Hadrian opened his emerald green eyes to see shocked, proud, and smiling faces.

The Snake's were the first to end the stunned silence. They, as one, stood from their seats and applauded their friend and King.

Next came the Twins. They continued the cheering with whistling and shouting, getting everyone else to wake up and join in.

The Raven's and Puffs stood, clapping and cheering their awe and support of Hadrian, making him smile more. Eventually, the Gryffindor's realized that they were not going to win this war, and they too cheered.

Well, Ronald didn't, but no one counted him anymore.

Hadrian did a dramatic bow, before smirking and turning towards Albus, who was still to shocked to say anything.

"I-? Harry my boy, how did you learn to play like that?"

Hadrian's smirk swept from his face as he glared at the Headmaster.

Thankfully, Draco said exactly what Hade was thinking.

"His name is Hadrian. And he is not, 'your boy', I don't think he appreciates being called his first name by someone such as yourself, Headmaster. Especially after you tried to embarrass him by cursing that Violin in your hand. Tell me, Sir, do you really know how to play? If you own your own violin, then you must know, correct?"

Hadrian nodded in thanks to Draco before turning back to the now stunned and angry Old man.

"How dare you! Accusing me of cursing my own Cello!"

Flitwick could be seen laughing at Albus at this point.

"Uhh, Albus? That, is a Violin, not a Cello."

"I-I-?! Well yes! I was simply seeing if any other students knew that!" Yelled Albus frantically, face turning red in embarrassment.

Snape rolled his eyes. "Of course you were."

"Right... and you do know how to play, do you not?" Asked Draco, once again speaking from Hadrian's thoughts.

"O-of course I do!"

"Then prove it."

The hall went silent as the students anticipated Dumbles reply, just waiting for gossip to tell their parents and family back home.

The Professor's simply waited in amusement, knowing full well that Albus could not play a single note.

Dumbledore, in his fit of fury and need to prove himself better, forgot that he had previously cursed the violin he was holding. How stupid of him.

As such, he got set into what he assumed was the correct set position, and held the bow horribly wrong, as he attempted his own try at the piece Hadrian had previously played.

Hadrian growled in annoyance as Albus completely murdered one of his favorite songs, never once hitting the correct note, pitch, key, nor rythm at the correct time.

'~How horrific... I'm ssssure my earss are bleading.~'

~If I had earss, I'm sssure they too would be bleeding. However from what I am gathering, no one here iss getting the better deal; my jaw feelsss as though it iss going to vibrate right off my head.~

((I actually had to look this one up, but yeah! "They have vestiges of the apparatus for hearing inside their heads, and that setup is attached to their jaw bones, so they feel vibrations very well and may hear low-frequency airborne sounds." Just a random fact that I thought was interesting!))

'~Yes well, please make sure that does not happen.~'

Ostium merely did a snake like snort.

~Yes because I was totally going to just rip off my own jaw. That makes sense.~

Hadrian smirked to himself. Ostium could be so sassy when he wanted to be.

Once Albus finally completed his dying donkey and goose song, everyone uncovered their ears and exhaled a breathe of relief when Dumbles slowly set down 'his cello' on the table, eyes wide horrifically as if he had just witnessed a murder.

And, if we're being honest; with what he just 'played', he probably had.

Satisfied that they had proven their point, Hadrian turned to the student's and did one last dramatic bow, while Draco simply swaggered back to his seat.

-----------Time Skip-----------

The rest of Dinner went by with little trouble. With Dumbles still in shock embarrassment from his performance and Ronald being shunned by pretty much everyone, yeah I'd say it went by smoothly.

Hadrian got many new students for his music lessons, not all he had to do was plan the times, places, and convince Snape to sit through them all.

No problem.

Back in the common room, Hadrian was swarmmed with compliments, thanks, questions, confessions of love, admiration, and more thanks.

A lot of the younger years had already noticed the change in how other houses treated them, the uper classes still needing time to figure out who they were and what they wanted to be. Hadrian didn't mind. They needed and more then deserved the time.

"Hey Hade, how did you do that thing with your magic while you were playing? It was pretty cool!"

The other first years nodded along with Blaise's statement.

Hadrian chuckled, before quickly shifting back into his natural form.

'"Well it's kinda hard to explain, but the first step is to simply know how much magic you can spare while still remaining control over it. Everyone has a different amount, and everyone has a unique color specific towards their unique... 'style,' I guess you could say. For example, my core, therefor my magic, is gold. This basically means that I have... pure, and powerful magic. As far as I know, the only other one with golden magic is my mum, but she is the Goddess of magic so I guess that makes sense. If you all like, I can teach you how to see your own unique style and color as well?"'

Everyone nodded excitedly at this, always happy to be taught something new by their king.

Hade smiled warmly.

'"Let's get started, then. Now this first part is going to be boring, as it's mostly just meditating, but in time we will get to the actual hands on part."'

Hadrian had them all sit down on the couches and, one at time, sit down on the floor infront of him. Blaise went first.

'"Imagine that you are in an empty room. No windows, no lights, and all walls and roof are too far away to be seen. You're sitting in a thin layer of clear water, on top of a mirror floor. Imagine, in front of you, is a glowing light. I want you to focus on this light, and open your eyes in your mind feild. Look around you, what do you see?"'

"I-I'm in a greenhouse. It's so warm, but it's snowing outside. There's a small fountain in the corner, it looks like the water from there goes all around the green house. There's so many rare plants, a-and animals, too! This place is beautiful... oh! The glowing light is back..."

'"Ignore it for now. What else do you see? Walk around some more."'

"Umm... it looks like it's snowing quite a lot outside, there's a thick layer of snow on the ground and on the tall trees. It's quiet, except for the wind, waterfall and birds chirping. The glass on the roof has small, golden pieces of light in it, they would look like stars if it was night time. There's a few stones leading a path around the greenhouse, this place is huge... there's a giant tree in the center of the house... how did I not notice that before? The leafs are... silver? A-and the bark is teal... I've never seen anything like it before..."

Hadrian smirked slighty.

'"You are drawn to this tree, yes?"'

"Yes.."

'"I need you to look away from it for now, is the glowing light still there?"'

"I-? No. It's gone."

'"Very good. I could have guessed your center is in nature, but I never would have known that you have an affinity towards it. You may reach towards it now."'

"M-my hand! It's teal!"

Hadrian smiled.

'"Yes, yes it is. Open your eyes."'

Blaise opened them, and his first instinct was to look down at his left hand. It looked like he was wearing a glove made of teal vines!

"How did-? Wow."

Hadrian chuckled.

'"It is no wonder your favorite class is Herbology, you seem to have an afinity for plants. I'm sure Professor Sprout would be delighted to hear it, and I happen to know some people who wouldn't mind teaching you how to use that afinity."'

"I-I can control plants?"

'"In due time, yes. Controlling living things around us takes time to learn, especially when it's magical plants, but if you would like, my friends or myself can teach you how to control it."'

Blaise nodded excitedly, happy that he was going to be taught something new and different all together.

'"Who would like to go next?"'

The other's raised their hands excitedly, eager to know what made them different, in a good way, of course.

Hadrian laughed.

'"Okay okay, since it's already almost Nine, I'll teach two of you a day, every weekday after classes, one boy and one girl per day. Sound good? Tracey, your up for Mondays with Blaise. Draco and Millicent for Tuesday, Theo and Sally Wednesday, Vince and Pansy for Thursday, and Daphne and Greg on Fridays. Does that work for everyone? Good. Oh, and be sure to keep your grades up, if your failing a class I'm gonna use up this time to help you pass rather then teach you new things. Whoever hasn't finished up their homework go work on that, the rest of you are free to stay and listen."'

Vincent, Gregory, Theo, Millicent, Daphne and Sally all went up to their respective rooms to either finish their homework or rest, the rest of the First Years staying to listen.

'"Tracey please sit down infront of me, do you remember the place I asked Blaise to focus on?"'

"U-um, I think so?"

'"It is alright if you don't remember."'

"I-I remember."

'"Alright, close your eyes, and imagine you are in that same room. There are no lights, and if you were to look below you, you'd see a reflection of yourself in the mirror floor. The thin layer of water that you lay on is as cold as ice, but not overly so. Infromt of you, is a small, glowing star. Take a deep breath, and focus on your breathing. Focus on your heartbeat."'

Tracey does as instructed, and soon enough she feels herself relax. She had been somewhat afraid of the King of Slytherin. He had beat a Seventh Year into submission -Xavior still shook when he walked. Tracey had been there to witness Hadrian stab both swords through Xavior's feet, she heard him cry, she saw the cold black eyes he wore as he pointed his staff under the wounded man's chin, and it scared her. I mean, how could it not?

Dispite this fear, she knew that Hadrian would protect them, and if what Millie said was true, he was offering her and her sister a new home. The girls of Slytherin were all really close, especially Millicent and Daphne, but they always told eachother when something was bothering them, Millie's father was just one of the secrets shared.

Tracey knew she shouldn't be afraid of Hadrian, but she couldn't help it. He was scary sometimes! But now, when she sat infront of him, ignoring the world and only focusing on her steady heartbeat and breathing... it was like she was listening to a beautiful melody, just like the song her mum played for her when she would have nightmares.

Hadrian's deep voice only added to the melody she was hearing inside her head.

'"Open your eyes in your mind feild. What do you see?"'

Tracey did as told.

"I'm-... I'm on a-.. a stage? There's no one else here, just empty seats but.. I don't feel alone. Not in a bad way, I just... it feels nice."

She paused to take a deep breath.

"I'm standing on stage, in a huge auditorium. There's three levels on seats, all made of dark purple velvet. They look comfy, but no one sits in them. The ceiling looks like it was painted on, or carved into, it's too far away from me to tell which, but it looks like a recreation of the stars, like a star chart. It looks like I'm actually floating in space, as if I could reach out and grab the constellations."

'"What about the stage? Describe it to me."'

"It's made of a dark wood, and the outline of the stage has a silver trim. The curtains that would usually close after a performance are purple, and the backdrop behind me is a dark purple, too. I don't see the star anymore..."

'"Is there anything that you are drawn to, anything at all?"'

"N-no i-? Where did that come from? I-it's a microphone? I-I don't understand..."

'"*chuckling* I do. You can open your eyes now, Tracey."'

When she did, she was silent in shock.

It was like waves of pure... sound? Were coming off of her. They were a shimmering light purple, almost see through if you didn't look close enough.

'"Your afinity is Sound, and your special colour, is Purple. And it just so happens that I know some Merpeople who are quite gifted when it comes to music."'

Tracey looked excitedly towards Hadrian. She had always loved listening to others sing or play a song, she couldn't wait to learn how to actually control sound as an element in itself.

She smiled wide, eyes shimmering in glee as she continued to look around her at the waves of purple.

"Thank you, Hadrian."

'"*chuckling* There is no thanks needed, Tracey. I am always happy to help."'

Hadrian stood from the ground before helping Tracey back up to her feet as well, he did a small bow to her and then headed upstairs to his King Bedroom.

'I suppose there really was nothing to be afraid of. Sure he can be scary, but he truly is as good King, he cares about each of us...'

----------Meanwhile----------

Filch was pacing. He was man enough to admit it. He was freaking out! How could that Potter boy have known? How could he have spoken? It just didn't make any sense! And what was with the boy's eyes?!

What the hell was going on around here?!

Jadis rolled her catlike eyes. She of course knew that her brother was confused, but she also knew that he was too stubborn to actually for answers.

'Brother please you are making me dizzy.'

Filch froze in his pacing to glare at his twin.

"I'm making you dizzy? How in Merlin's name do you think I feel?! I've been trapped in this atrocious form for decades and suddenly an eleven year old boy comes up to be offering his help!? How does he even know?! Is he a part of Bumbles scheme? Was he sent to offer his help just to take everything away from me once again? Something is up with that boy, I just have to figure it out!"

'You call that an atrocious form? Try living as a cat!'

"I'd rather be a cat with magic then this hag without!"

Filch sighed, and flopped down onto his small bed as he massaged his temple.

"I'm beginning to forget what it was like to cast a simple spell, Jadis. I've been called Filch for so long I've almost forgetful my own name! Bumbles' curse is finally taking its hold of my memories, I don't want to forget, but soon I won't even remember what we looked like..."

Jadis starred at her twin sadly. Her brother was never one to share or talk about his feelings, and honestly neither was she, but she could at least remember her own name.

'Your name, is Allanon White. I am your sister, Jadis White. We were cursed by an evil man, a man that claims to do good. We were cursed to be this way, me to never be free of this form, and you to never free your magic. If Hadrian Potter truly can help to free us from our prison, I say we take him up on his offer.'

Allanon sighed deeply. He knew Jadis was right, if Potter really could help, then why not ask for it? Even if he couldn't, they could at least get answers.

"Yes... yes you are right, as always. I shall take Potter's offer of assistance tomorrow."

'"So glad to hear it, Mister White."'

Allanon just about flipped over his bed in surprise. How did he get in?

"H-how did you get in here without being seen? How did you even knew where my chambers were?!"

Hadrian smirked.

'"Like this-"'

Potter suddenly shrank into the ground, startling both man and cat. He reappeared only seconds later, this time leaning on a tall staff.

"What the-? How did you-?"

'"It's a little trick I learned a while back, it's called Shadow Walking. It's a quite unique type of Magic that went unused since the Dementors War-"'

"Shadow Magic? Dementors War? What are you even talking about?"

Hadrian simply raised an eyebrow at the inturuption, before ignoring the man's questions completely in favor of asking his own.

'"So, you need my help to get rid of the curse Dumbles placed on you, yes?"'

"Y-yes, but how did you know?"

'"Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it's not there, listening."'

Hadrian winked to Jadis, and both siblings blinked in shock.

'"In order to actually free you both from this curse, I need to know how, when and why it was placed on the both of you."'

Jadis looked to her twin in both surprise and inpatience. Hadrian had not been what she was expecting when her brother described him to her, but she knew power when she saw it, and that boy basically radiated it.

'"*sigh* Okay okay, how about this; I'll answer one of your questions, then you answer one of mine, deal?"'

'You do know that he's talking to you, right? Meaning you have to answer?'

'Shut up.'

"U-um, deal."

Hadrian smirked.

'"He speaks! Very good. Ask away!"'

'What are you going to ask him?'

'I don't know...'

"How are you speaking? Your mouth isn't moving and they said you were a mute?"

'"Ah, the world famous question, but an easy one. This type of Magic has no name, as I somewhat invented it myself, but we call it 'Mental Voice Projection,' or, at least that's what my mentor's husband Called it. Neither of them were that great at naming things."' Hadrian shook his head in amusement.

"You helped create a new form of magic?"

'"In a way, yes. But, it's my turn to ask the questions. How did you both meet Albus?"'

Allanon blinked at the question. How did they meet Dumbledore? It was so long ago...

"I... can't remember..."

'<What about you, Miss White?>'

The cat jumped up and almost fell off the table she sat on.

<You... I can speak to you? How?>

Hadrian smiled warmly.

'<Beast Speech. It is how most magical creatures communicate, but some different beings have languages of their own.>'

<And... you can understand them?>

'<Yes.>'

Well this was completely unexpected. Allanon was left to look between the two in utter shock and confusion. He had no idea what they were saying, it all just sounded like growling and breathing to him, and he was uterly confused.

'<So, do you remember how you and your brother met the Headmaster? It is alright if you don't.>'

<Hmm... it was so long ago.. but yes, I think I remember...>

-----Flashback-----

"Allan! Allan hurry up! We're gonna be late!"

"I'm comin' I'm comin'!"

A young Second year boy with straight blonde-white hair and sharp blue eyes suddenly bolted from the small cabin door. It was snowing, as it always was in these parts of the woods, but the two siblings didn't mind the cold much.

"Hey! Watch where your going!" Screamed the girl.

She also had long, pure white blonde hair, with the same piercing blue eyes as her brother. Both siblings had pale white skin, and soft rosy cheeks. The Twins were almost identical, if not not for not for their different tastes in clothing.

Today, was their Thirteenth birthday, also known, as Christmas.

They were both very excited, as they were to greet their father at the train station later that day.

Their father worked for the Russian Wizarding Government, you see, but with all the Muggle Wars going on, he was usually off trying to help the Wizarding Families caught in the crossfire.

Hey, just because Muggle Russia is a somewhat scary country, doesn't mean Wizarding Russia is. In fact, Russian Wizard's are actually some of the most well mannered people the White family has ever met. Which is just one of the reasons they moved here.

The twins raced through the forest that was their parents property, laughing and jumping over branches that fell in the last storm. A thick layer of freshly fallen snow being disrupted by the two children.

"There you two are! I was just about to send Jenkins after you! Hurry up now! In the carriage you go!"

Came the soft voice of their mum. The tall beautiful woman is wearing a large fur coat and an elegant white dress, her long dirty-blonde hair pulled back into a complicated looking bun. To her left and a bit behind her, is an older man wearing an all black suit, this was their Butler, Jenkins.

Jenkins was a very kind and patient man, he had been working for Mother for as long as the Twins could remember, and he also taught them everything they knew about magic.

You see, the twins were homeschooled. Because of their father's work in the Government and how Wealthy their mother was, their parents were worried that something would happen to them if they were to be sent off so far away from home. So, they hired a tutor to help teach them the basics until they could defend themselves in the real world.

"Do you think Father brought gifts?"

Their Mother smiled. "I guessed we'll just have to go and figure that out for ourselves, won't we?"

The twins smiled excitedly. They missed their father, he had been away for so long, traveling all the way to America for a few months now.

"Everyone ready?" Called Jenkins.

"Ready!" "Yup!" Called back Jadis and Allanon respectively. Their mum simply laughs quietly.

"Yes, we are ready Jenkins, thank you."

---Time Skip---

"Do you see him do you see him?!"

Called Allanon. They had just gotten to the train station, just as people started getting off. They were waiting in the corner of the station, hidden away from muggle eyes.

"No, not yet sweetheart." Called their mother. She was beginning to worry, her husband was usually the first off the train, and now the train looked almost empty...

"Would you like me to go take a look around, Miss White?" Asked Jenkins.

"Hmm? Oh, yes, please!"

Jadis and Allanon looked to eachother in worry.

---A Few Minutes Later---

"Miss White? I... I found him."

Their mum looked over to Jenkins with wide eyes, she was beyond worried now.

She stood from her kneeling position, as she was trying to fix Allanon's tie before Jenkins had appeared.

She rested her hands on her children's shoulders, before cooling her expression and asking Jenkins to take them to their father and husband.

Jenkins bowed his head and turned away, not wanting to see their sad expression when he revealed to them what happened.

"Is Father alright, Jenkins?" Asked Jadis.

He sighed. "I cannot lie to you, Jadis, but he is alive. That is all I can say until he is taken for a proper diagnosis."

They found him in the very back cart of the train, unconscious and bloody.

Mrs White took a sharp breath when she saw him, eyes tearing up as she ran forward, leaving her children with their tutor.

"What happened to you, моя любовь?" She whispered, sobbing quietly as she knelt next to his sleeping form.

His left eye had a giant slash through it, and even while unconscious he cried a mixture of salty tears and blood. His nose was broken and his right cheekbone was bruised and bloody. There was slash marks all over his body, bleeding out into his ripped clothing. There was two holes in his body, one going right through his leg and the other going through his stomach. The witch had never seen a wound like it in person, but she knew from stories that this was called a bullet wound, meaning someone had shot her husband.

Specifically, a Muggle, or, a Muggle-born.

Realizing that sitting here crying wasn't going to help anyone, Mrs White wiped away her tears and put on her famous Pureblood mask.

"We need to take him home, and floo the healers. Jenkins, take the kids home in the Carriage, by the time you all return, their father will be there to greet them."

She smiled slightly at her children, not wanting them to worry too much.

"Promise?" They both asked, looking up to their mother pleadingly.

She knelt down once more to be eye level even with the two best things that happened to her.

"Promise."

They both wrapped their arms around their mother before waving goodbye to their parents and racing back to the carriage.

-----Flashback Ends----

<Th-That's all I can remember... I know we met Albus that day, but it all is such a blur of loss and... it's just too foggy... I'm sorry, I really thought I'd be able to remember...>

Hadrian smiled warmly once again, knowing where she was coming from.

'<It is alright, Jadis, you don't need to explain yourself.>'

Jadis suddenly realized that Hadrian was sitting on nothing, his feet not touching the ground.

'How is he-? You know what? Don't wanna know.' Thought Allanon. He had been sitting on his bed, patiently waiting for the two to finish their 'conversation'.

Hadrian's mind was racing. He had heard this story before, by James Potter surprisingly enough. He had told this story while Hadrian was in the inbetween, saying that he was told it by none other then Professor McGonagoll herself.

"She always seemed sad when we asked about her past, so when we asked for a story one day, we didn't really connect the dots until after we graduated. Turns out, Minnie had a wife, a mate, no wonder our flirting never worked, eh Padfoot? *laughter* No but really, she used to tell us stories of her wife's childhood, how they met, and how she died. Well, I suppose died is an exaggeration, she went missing before they could graduate from Hogwarts, but the link they had was just... cut off one day, as if she had died. Minnie of course went into depression soon after, but after a while it was like she forgot more and more about her, and soon enough she forgot everything about her all together. I think the last time she mentioned her was about a month after you were born, Hade."

'~Do you ssupposse Jadiss remembersss?~'

~If she wass curssed by Albusss, I ssadly doubt it. That old man seemss to take joy in taking other'ss memoriess away.~

Hadrian rubbed his temple in frustration.

'~Yess, so it seemss. How do you ssuppossse we get them back?~'

~You could alwayss ask the firebird, he alwayss seemed to hate hiss Masster.~

Hadrian nodded. He'd call for Fawkes tommorrow. Now however, he needed to focus on helping these twins get their true forms back, or at the very least, help get rid of that chain wrapped around Allanon's magical core.

'"I'm just going to assume, Jadis, that your Animagus is this cat form, am I correct?"'

The cat nodded.

'"Brilliant. Do you remember what your human form looks like? Or at least, what you would have looked like?"'

The cat once again nodded. She remembered her teenage self very well, she dreamt about it every day and night, it really shouldn't be hard to picture herself a few years older.

'"Fantastic. Allanon, what about you? Do you remember what your true form looks like?"'

"I-I believe so, yes." Allanon also had dreams of once again being in his true body, this aging squib form was slowly driving him insane.

'"Wonderful! I need you both to close your eyes and focus full heartedly on your true self. From the shape of your cheekbones to how long your legs were, focus on this image, and say when when your ready."'

Both siblings did as told with little hesitation, trusting Hadrian but not being sure as to why. They had only just met him, after all.

<When.> Jadis.

"Ready." Whispered Allanon.

With a wave of his staff and a flash of Golden magic, both siblings fell unconscious, not even realizing that they were both human once more.

((Word Count: 7553))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.7K 30
***in editing*** ***sequel in progress*** you were James potter's little sister only there's one problem, you're a Slytherin and he's a Gryffindor. w...
1.1M 32.1K 48
Harry had lived an awful life so far first his abusive relatives then this huge man comes in and tells him he is actually a wizard and he will be att...
2.1M 79.7K 150
"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes back." "Indeed. Which is why no one knows w...
530K 14K 60
Slow updates now that I'm editing. I will be eliminating the chapters slowly, but only after the new version of each part is rewritten and ready to b...