forced // luke hemmings

By RhoeBalagtas

Skylar Avery Harper, Sophia's best friend back in the UK, will live in Australia, her parents and Sophia's ar... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
author's note
Epilogue
HEY HI BITCHEZZ

Chapter 2

754 17 0
By RhoeBalagtas

Avery's P.O.V

2 days have passed after that concert night, after I last saw Luke and my parents didn't told me anything about what they are about to say that night after the concert. My curiosity is getting the best of me. I really want to know, because I think it's so important. My cellphone suddenly vibrated and Sophia's caller ID is shown on the screen. I answered.

"Hey, can you go here? The guys and I are just watching some chick flicks." She started and I heard some people talking from a distance.

"No, Luke's gonna-"

"He's not here, just the others." She interrupted and my mood suddenly brightened.

"Yay, okay. I'll just go and change." I said ina cheerful tone.

I love hanging around with the other boys except Luke. They're kind of kind and respectful, unlike the blonde one.

"Mom, I'll just go to Sophia's, and hang around with some new friends." I smiled and she nodded, I grabbed a chip cookies from the cookie jar.

"New friends? What are their names?" She asked in a happy tone. "I'm glad you have new friends around here now." She added.

"Uhm, Sabrina, Ashton, Calum, Michael and...Luke." I said, visualizing if I should consider Luke as my friend.

"Luke, Hemmings?" Mom predicted and I nodded my head, sighing. "He's the son of your father's partner in business."

"Okay." I disclosed, not caring about the business. "I need to go, Mom. They're waiting." I cracked a smile before walking out.

Luke's P.O.V

"Is this really for real?" I said to my father as I look at the papers. I'm getting married. I don't if I should be happy or angry or anything this because first, I'll be breaking the promise.

That shouldn't matter, not as long as you don't fall in love with her. My mind prompted.

"Yes, to be the company come in one. We've been talking and discussing this for a while." My father started, grabbing the marriage files in my hand and then putting it again in his clear folder that he always brings.

"I reckon she wouldn't agree to this." I stated and he gave me a look. "I know her, she's avoiding me to be exact." I chuckled, remembering the night I first annoyed her.

"You know her?" He asked, emphasizing the 'you' word. "You already met? How?" He asked curiously.

"Her only friend in Sydney happens to be Sophia, so she brought her to the concert 3 days ago. We met. Plus, I knew her since last year. I saw her a few times on Skype. Sophia's been in touch with her since Sophia moved here." I explained and he nodded, holding his chin.

"That should suffice, then."

"What should suffice?" I asked pushing my hair back because it's almost covering my eyes, I still haven't took a bath or anything.

"You already know her and she already know you, you're not a total stranger to each other anymore." He said fixing his tie for the fourth time in my mirror on the back of my bed room door.

"I'm still sure she wouldn't agree to this. Plus, I don't want us to be married too." I muttered the last sentence that was a lie though. Half of me wants this and other half of me don't.

"I'm sure she would, who wouldn't want you?" My father chuckled, gesturing to me. "You look like a lot like your mom. She's beautiful. Your mom had so many suitors back in high school." He laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, Dad. Get out, I'm going back to sleep again." I groaned and I just heard his faint chuckle before closing the door.

Avery's P.O.V

"Where's Luke?" I asked and Sophia gave me a taunting look.

"He's not in the mood for chick flicks, so he decided to just sleep at home." Ashton answered, eyes on the TV screen.

"Why'd you asked?" Sophia asked innocently, but I know she's teasing me.

"Nothing, just curious." I admitted.

"Okay." She said using that tone she used earlier. I wrenched her in her stomach and she just laughed.

"What are we going to watch next?" I asked impatiently. I've watch Starstruck for like 20 times now.

"I don't know." They chorused.

"Let's just play a game then." I said standing up. The movies about to end in about 5 minutes. The credits are about to roll.

"What game? Hide and Seek? 21 questions? Beer pong-"

"Beer pong? Hell no! I don't drink." I said then made a disgusted expression.

"Okay, let's play the basic, truth or dare." Sophia smirked. Oh I hate those games.

I was about to object but they all already cheered, agreeing to Sophia.

"I'm out then." I mumbled but Ashton blocked me from going away.

"No." He pouted, oh darn he's cute.

"Okay fine." I groaned.

"It'll be fun!" Sabrina smiled widely. She's so pretty.

I sat in our group of circle, Michael grabbed a coke plastic bottle that was on the couch and I noticed it has his name printed on it.

"Where's your mom, by the way?" I asked Sophia.

"She's at work, we'll be home at 7." She answered, her eyes focused on the spinning bottle Calum spun. Then it turned to Michael.

"Mikey, truth or dare?" Calum asked excitedly, wait, Mikey?

"Truth. I'll be risking my life if I'll choose dare." He said dramatically and laugh.

"Why?" I asked curiously, are they giving too hard dares?

"They give too complicated, hard dares." He whispered, chuckling.

"Eh? I'll try one if later." I said, challenged. What kind of dares? "Who gives the dares?" I ask him again as Calum still thinks of a question to ask Michael.

"Calum and Sophia." He answered as Calum snapped his fingers.

"Who in this room have you saw naked?" Calum asked before throwing a fit of laughter.

"He's not here." Michael chuckled, wait, Luke?

"Oh, yeah right." Calum mumbled then spun the bottle again, who turned to Ashton.

"Dare." Ashton answered before Calum could even ask.

"Break your drumsticks into 4." Calum smiled cheekily, revealing his dimples.

"Are you fucking serious? I can't do that." Ashton scoffed but the reaction on Calum's face is serious.

"If you won't you'll buy me a new phone."

"Granted." Ashton laughed. "I love my drumsticks." He said spinning it in his hand. That is so cool. I can't even do that.

"You're so dumb. A cellphone is much expensive than drumsticks, bro."

I said to Ashton but he just shrugged.

"I'm really planning to give Calum a new phone. His birthday is on January."

"January's 3 months away."

"Yeah, I'll give it on his birthday. He'll definitely forget about this tomorrow morning." Ashton chuckled as I drew back my attention to the game. The bottle stopped in front of me.

"And here's our first timer," Calum announced. "Truth or dare?" He added smiling.

"Dare." I said with a silly smile on my face.

"Hug Luke when you see him." Sophia decided for my dare.

"Well, here's not here." I said in a confident tone.

"Hi." Luke spoke from behind. Rubbing his eyes like he just woke up. "What are you guys doing?"

"What the hell?" I groaned. "I'm going home." I said standing up.

"No, do it." Sophia commanded.

Luke's P.O.V

"Do wha-"

I didn't finished off my question as a petite figure hugged me. I opened my eyes and saw it was Skylar.

"10 seconds." Calum laughed.

"What the fuck!" Sky said through my chest.

I looked weirdly at them then to her. But I admit, I can't deny those butterflies -oops moths, sorry- fluttering around making me flinch a little.

"Done!" Sophia said loudly and she let go of me.

"Uhm, what's happening?" I said, obviously confused.

"We're playing truth or dare." Ashton replied and shot a smile. "Do you want to join us?"

"Sure." I gave a small smile and sat with the group. I sat beside Sky because her side has the only space for me to fit in.

"Stay away from me." Sky spat. I ignored her. I won't, that's what I always do. I'll annoy her to eternity.

"No." I smiled, taunting. She just groaned loudly. Which made me laugh. I like the mad Sky around.

"Why are you here?" Sky snapped.

"Well, someone flooded my phone with texts, begging for me to go here so I did." I said, emphasizing the 'someone' and looked at Calum.

"Can I go home?" Sky pleaded and Sophia shook her head slowly, a little smile crawling on her face.

"We're just getting started!" Sophia exclaimed happily spinning the bottle herself.

"Hey, has your dad told you anything?" I whispered to Sky and she just shook her head, her eyes focused on the bottle.

"About what?" She said in her normal tone.

"About...business." I answered, thinking what word I will use, if marriage or business but I decided to use business instead.

"No, but he was about to the night I went to your concert." She said, finally turning to me and I met her brown eyes, like what happened that concert night.

"When will he tell you?" I asked and looked away before I get lost in her beautiful eyes.

"I don't know, I'm getting curious about it though, maybe I'll ask when I get home." She said and turned to the game again. "Hey, it's your turn." She tugged my shirt then I turned to them. And they are all looking at me.

"Dare." I answered. It's always my answer when it comes to this game. I have no regrets. Even the last time when they made me climb up and down the stairs for several times.

"This is an easy one," Calum started and inhaled some air. "Kiss Avery on the cheek." He smiled like a child. My eyes widened at the realization of what they just told me.

"What? You made me do that back then with Sophia." Calum chuckled.

"And look how you two ended." Michael added.

Avery's P.O.V

"We would never be like those lovebirds there." I scoffed and I felt some soft lips contacted with me cheeks, I didn't moved in my seat then he pulled back, his lips lingered in my cheeks. I precisely know that I was blushing hard.

"Maybe we could, Sky." Luke said in a seductive voice, I punched him hard on the arm.

"How many times will I tell you, don't call me Sky, you twit!" I exclaimed. "Or Skylar!" I added.

"She really hated when she's called by her first name." Sophia informed the other guys and they just nodding, Luke was rubbing his arm.

"Shit, that hurt." He muttered. "But you know, I'll still call you that." He told me and I shot him an evil glare which he just ignored.

"Truth and Dare's getting boring, any suggestions of other games to play?" Calum complained like a kid bored in class. Speaking of classes, when will I start going to school? It's Monday tomorrow. And a month have passed since school started.

"Let's play 21 questions with Avery!" Sabrina suggested and all nodded.

"Yeah, we want to know you more." Michael said, agreeing to the suggestion.

"Okay." Was my only answer. We've got nothing better to do. Maybe this may be fun.

"Okay, first, what's your full name?" Sabrina started.

"Skylar Avery Harper."

"Harper? So you're connected with the Hemmings?" Calum curiously asked.

"Yeah, our fathers happen to be business partners, which is so unfortunate." I said and they laughed loud, including Luke. It's kind of a joke, actually. Hemmings' company is one of the biggest business thing in the Australia.

"Okay, next, what's your favorite animal?" Ashton asked. Sophia's not saying anything or asking anything because she knew everything about me. Like all of it.

"Penguins." I replied and blushed, I don't know I think penguins are cute creatures. The way they walk on ice, bond with their mummies and happily play like having no care in the world is just so adorable to watch.

"You and Luke have some same taste in things." Michael commented and I made a disgusted expression. Luke laughed again with his adorable laugh- wait what? Avery stop for fuck's sake.

"Favorite food?"

"Pizza forevs." I chuckled.

"Same." Sophia and Calum both said in unison.

-

2 hours have passed we're out of ideas. We've played Hide and Seek, Guess The Song, and stuff.

"Beer pong?" Ashton requested again.

"No, Ash, no." Sophia sneered and he just laughed.

"Why you girls hate beers and drinks so much? Why don't you try just once?"

"No." We both said simultaneously.

"It's not kind of bad actually." Sabrina stated and Sophia and I made a nauseas look. Luke laughed softly beside me. That gesture is kind of cute, though.

"What are you laughing at?" I snapped at him and he's still laughing.

"You're so beautiful in everything you do." He complimented and I rolled my eyes. I can't deny, my heart fluttered slightly though.

"Jerk." I mumbled and punched his shoulders slightly.

Luke's P.O.V

That was true, though. What if we get married? I get to see her every day, every morning- wait, stop thinking about that. I doubt that she would agree to that marriage thing. Should I tell her now? Maybe her parents should tell her themselves.

"I think I should go home." Skylar spoke randomly.

"Why?" Sophia pouted.

"My mother texted me, my Dad's at home and they are about to tell me some important thing." Skylar said standing up.

"Good luck. I already know about that." I smirked and she gave me a confused look.

"What is it, then?" She challenged.

"It's not my right to say that to you. Ask your parents." I sent a teasing smile and she groaned before stomping her way out.

"Luke, what is it?" Sophia asked curiously.

"Promise me you won't scream or anything?" I stated and they all nodded their heads simultaneously.

"Oh, it depends on what that thing is." Ashton interrupted and I sigh.

"Okay, here we go..." I spoke and took a long inhale. "We're getting married."

"You're what?"

"Oh my god!"

"What the hell?"

"Shit, really?!"

But one question caught my attention.

"What about our rule?" Michael asked, but he's not mad or anything.

"I can still do that, Mike. I don't want to break any friendship rules. You know how I value our friendship." I sent him a smile. But I don't know if I can fulfill my words. I hope so.

"I can't believe it! We still haven't planned for our marriage!" Calum exclaimed dramatically, making me laugh.

"You're too young for marriage, Cal. Wait for another year, after we graduate and search for jobs." I chuckled.

"You're much younger than me." He laughed.

"Just 7 months younger, Cal. Plus, this is for business, no one wanted this."

"I wanted this. I'm a shipper of SkyLuke." Sophia grinned.

"Ha ha." I faked a laugh.

Avery's P.O.V

"What is it?" I said as I walk in the house, seeing Mom and Dad on the kitchen.

"I did this for your future. For your bright future. You can skip school for this because there's a place waiting for you." He started, I narrowed my eyes in confusion.

"We've been planning this for a year, Avery. I wish you could just understand." Mom spoke.

"I will understand mom, if this is for business or for the both of you, you know how I love my parents." I smiled and hugged them both.

"This is for the business and for the both of us." Dad said and I finally let go of the hug.

"What is it, tell me." I pleaded. They both looked at each other. Before looking at me. Mom gave Dad a nod before telling me:

"You're getting married to Luke." Dad finally beamed out. I stunned in my tracks.

"L-Luke Hemmings?" I stuttered and they nodded.

"His dad and your father has been planning you marriage for a year. Our business is getting out of hand, we needed help." Mom told me and sat to my side. "The Hemmings' company agreed to help us by joining our companies in one, but we don't have some legal thing for it to be officially connected, so we decided to make our only son or daughter, or breadwinners of the family get married, which is you and Luke." Mom explained and I clenched my fists under the table.

(luke has siblings, just pretend his the only son in the story. thanks lol)

"Mom, I...I don't know if I can do this,"

"Honey, our company is in your hands now. If you won't do this our company will be closed. For life." Dad said and my mouth formed a perfect 'O'. "We are running out of sponsors and money to keep this going. The Hemmings is our only chance." He added, I shut my eyes.

I don't want to be married to Luke, I am trying to avoid him actually. But the company's life is based in my decision now. What will I do?

"Mom, I have a boyfriend." I told her.

"We already talked to him yesterday. He agreed because it's for a good cause." Mom said and smiled weakly. I don't give much shit to my boyfriend, anyway.

"Okay fine." I answered and they hugged me.

I'm just doing this for my parents and for the business. This is a right decision, right?

Luke's P.O.V

"I'm off, then." I smiled and waved to the guys. I wanted to sleep. I still haven't slept well the past two days because I kept thinking about things.

My phone suddenly vibrated, Dad's caller ID popped on the screen. I answered immediately.

"Yes?" I replied casually.

"Avery agreed."

"What?" I almost shouted, I brushed my hair with my hand. "How?"

"Her parents talked to her, she agreed." Dad explained shortly. "Where are you? You need to go home. We have a dinner with the Harper's tonight. You better get ready and dress nicely" Dad commanded and I hang up the phone, walking faster than usual.

I can't believe it, it's really happening.

-----

That night.

-----

Avery's P.O.V

"Do really have to wear this?" I wailed while Mom gave me a white long-sleeved dress.

"Yes dear, you need to look presentable." Mom gave me a smile.

"Ugh." I groaned and went to my room. We only have 30 minutes to get dressed, after the Hemmings will go here

They will talk about the wedding this coming Friday. Yes, 5 days to go. It's so damn frustrating and so stressing.

I zipped the zipper up, making it tight, revealing my hideous curves. It's not that bad but I think it's still hideous. I fixed my hair into a neat bun, and put on my favorite black earrings and my charm bracelet.

After that, I went straight downstairs to the dining room. Seating on the side, as what my mother arranged. I can smell the turkey they are preparing, gosh I'm hungry.

I tapped on my phone but then I received a text.

"We're coming, Sky. - Luke H."

I didn't gave him my number. I think he got this from the other guys.

"Mom, they're coming!" I told my parents and they replied with an 'okay.'

Then a knock was heard, already? I walked up the door and opened it, and I was greeted by Luke. He gave me a smile and I ignored him, I smiled to his parents instead.

"Come in." I said in a polite tone and I led them to the dining room.

"Please have a seat." I smiled and they smiled back. They seem kind.

Luke's P.O.V

I can't take my eyes away from her, she looks so gorgeous in dresses. Especially in that one. She sat next to me.

"Sorry I look so ugly tonight." She whispered to me. I raised my eyebrow.

"You look gorgeous tonight, I'm not joking." I chuckled and she just sighed.

"Whatever, Luke." She said then a little smile crept her face.

"Hi, Mr. And Mrs. Hemmings, and Luke, good to see you in person." Sky's Mom greeted us all. She shot her most nice smile to them as we smiled cheerfully back.

Avery's P.O.V

"Yeah, you too, is this Avery?" His mom pointed at me. "You're a grown up now! I saw you once back when you're just 5 years old." She told me but I can't remember a thing.

"Really?" I smiled even if I have no idea what she's saying at all.

Humdrum minutes passed by, just our parents talking and we're just tranquil on our seats or just doing our own shit.

"Are you okay?" Luke asked next to me. I know why he is asking me that.

"Wait, I'll just look at my script. Oh, it said I should say 'fine' so 'I'm fine.'" I said in a sarcastic tone with my hands quotingin the air. He chuckled.

"I would be fine with you being my wife." He laughed. "You're funny." He added and I felt my cheeks burn.

"Ha ha." I faked a laugh.

"You're so attractive when you wear dresses." He commented and I felt my cheeks heat up again.

"Why are you being so nice?" I asked, half annoyed.

"Is it bad to be nice? Do you want to meet the bad Luke again?" He asked, chuckling.

"Yeah, I would prefer the bad Luke." I laughed lowly.

"How about the half bad half good Luke?" He smiled, tapping on his phone once again.

"Sure." I chuckled.

Oh, I think I should ask him where he got my number.

"Where'd you got my number?" I finally asked.

"Sophia's. After I told them about the wedding when you went home she gave me your number for some unknown reason." He answered. Wait-

"You already know about the wedding before I did?"

"Yes, I was about to tell you earlier but I think it would be rude so I just waited for your parents to say it to you." He said not looking at me because he's busy texting someone.

Luke's P.O.V

Michael's been annoying me.

Me : Stop, Mike. I don't even like her.

Michael : Oh really? :--) Then what are you saying back in the last year? :-------)

Me : That was last year Mikey, past is past.

Michael : You're lying.

I can imagine him smirking while he typed his reply.

Me : Okay fine! I like her, happy? I swear it's just a crush, nothing more.

Michael : It's fine if you'll break the promise. But if you break it, it'll prove you don't value our friendship.

Then after that I didn't replied and averted my attention back to the dinner again. They are all laughing and stuff, including Sky. She seems comfortable with my parents now.

I still can't get over to the fact that I'm marrying her.

I'm marrying Skylar Avery Harper.

have"bixa H, like my father's.

"Okay." I didn't argued because sleep is the only thing my brain is saying. "Goodnight." I spoke and they just nodded, I went straight to my room to sleep.

But the thought of my father decided for me and my mother to live her popped in my brain. My mother once told me it's for a great cause and she said that I should just follow my father's orders. Well, what else can I do? He's like in charge of my life. But I don't mind, he's doing things that makes my life better.

I shut my eyes and pushed the thought away, falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 4 77
4 boys 4 girls follow the wonderfull stories of 5 seconds of summer as they try to navigate the world of love we have 4 couples. the last 2 are not i...
1.7M 65.1K 36
Michael is looking for a new start and a way to manage his anger issues when he moves back to Sydney, leaving his mum behind, and moves in with his f...
14.5K 501 25
*Courtney* I can't believe it. I'm in New York! I'm actually doing this. This right now is real as real can ever be. But Luke. He was the best. I mi...
1.1K 239 27
***COMPLETE*** When 16 year old Scarlet May Taylor Clifford moves to Sydney Australia with her brother no other then the Michael Clifford. She meets...