In the Moonlight [Completed]

Od Red_Pheonix26

"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35

Chapter 34

668 22 11
Od Red_Pheonix26

I bid my goodbyes and was ready to accept my fate when I heard a growl from behind the man.

The man also turned to look at the sound allowing me a second to slip away from his clutches.

I looked behind the man and why he had stopped moving as though he was scared only to see a huge group of werewolves. They had come after their alpha's command!

The wolves encircled him, growling ferociously after seeing their alpha unconcious.

The man, fully knowing he couldn't do anything against them, turned on his heel and started running towards me.

I squealed and turned away but I was too late. He was too close.

A werewolf ran up to me, hurling me over their shoulders and taking off into the woods before he could get to me.

The noise of us breezing through the trees allowed me to snap out of it as I held on tightly to his fluffy, black fur.

I was still in shock and it took me a while before I realised we were heading in the opposite direction from where Max was.

The dull aching of my heart reminded me of the tragedy that had happened. But I wasn't willing to accept his death until I saw it with my own eyes.

"I don't know who you are but take me to Max!" I pointed a finger at the wolf, commanding him to take me to my mate after my feet were firmly on the ground.

To anyone else this scene would have looked quite comical considering a little, naive girl was pointing an accusatory finger at a huge werewolf twice her size. And she was too hurt to be scared.

The wolf shifted and I gasped when I realised it was alpha Adam.

"Take me to Max." Honestly I had no right to command an alpha to do anything but when it comes to my mate I was acting like an ignorant and spoiled child and didn't even care.

If Max wasn't in trouble I'd be asking him why he saved me but there were more pressing matters at hand.

"Okay okay." Adam held his hands up defensively after seeing me glare at him.

I was honestly shocked to have him agree to do something I had asked him but now wasn't the time to ask a guy why he wasn't being annoying and refusing me.

Adam quickly shifted back and in seconds we were taking off into the woods, my hand cluthing onto the pain coursing through my body that was slowly becoming unbearable. Was this what Isaac had gone through?

I shook off the thought as we neared the shack.

Adam carefully placed me down and shifted, grabbing me before I could go anywhere.

"Alexa, the others have already taken care of that hunter but..you should know that they found Max on the clearing behind the shack." He spoke slowly as though trying to let the words process in my mind.

"I need to go to him!" I said whilst shaking off his arm.

"Wait." He grabbed me again. "I don't know how to say this...we're too late Alexa..you can't do anything." He said sadly, trying to reason with me.

I blankly stared at Adam.

"Um...Alexa?" He called out my name confused as to why I had gone quiet.

My mind was frozen in terror. I couldn't move. I felt sick like I was going to throw up at any minute. The sun had set leaving behind a dark night sky. If it wasn't for the shock I would be shivering from the frosty air surrounding us.

"No...I...I need to see him!" I raced through the shack, making an exit into the back.

My feet found their way into the clearing I had seen before when locating Max. Isaac said it wasn't possible for me to locate him but he was wrong. In the same way Adam was wrong, we could still save Max! He was fine. He would be fine. I refused to let this be the end.

As much as I kept repeating those words in my head all thoughts were forgotten as I stopped, staring at the scene in front of me.

I saw him, his form, lying lifelessly on the ground surrounded by all the familiar faces that all seemed to blur out into a grey shadow by my pain.

It's like the air got sucked out of my lungs as I ran up to him, collapsing on the cold, hard ground. I cried out, calling his name, hoping he would come back to me. My deliusional mind didn't allow me to face the reality.

"Max." I chocked out. Tears were slowly streaming down my face. I definitely didn't cry, ever, but yet right now, I felt part of me disappear as the uncontrollable tears fell in a never-ending cascade.

"Please come back to me." I whispered, my strength abandoning me.

From then on it became a non stop fight for air as I heavily breathed in only to scream out his name. My breathing was erratic, I felt suffocated like my entire insides burned with a hollow emptiness. It felt like I was empty, void of any emotion and numbed by the pain yet it was definitely there, definitely real and definitely unbearable.

"You can't do this to me." My vision was blurred by the tears that fell and fell. I didn't care that I had an entire audience of werewolves watching me break down, I couldn't live without him.

No matter how many times I swallowed the lump wouldn't go away; reminding me that this was reality and I was definitely not escaping from it's chains that tied me to the ground. I couldn't breathe anymore, I couldn't see and my hearing had completely blurred out any sound apart from my sobs that I couldn't control.

Laying my head on his chest, my arms carefully held him as though he was made of glass and would break any second.

"I can't live without you." I uttered.

Those words kept echoing in my head, reminding me of the burning pain coursing through my veins. There was nearly no air left for me to breathe. It was like some cruel twist of fate that I couldn't escape from no matter how much I ran.

I closed my eyes tightly not leaving his side even when someone tried to pull me away.

"Don't!" I screamed, refusing to leave him.

"Alexa, please." The voice of reason couldn't do anything.

"It's Lex.. he should be calling me Lex right now." I whispered, managing to form the words with my body shaking uncontrollably.

There was no tearing me away from him.  I refused to leave his side.

When I finally looked up I saw all the faces of people I had barely just met looking down sadly at the ground. They were mourning him, in the same way I was hurt they were also just as sad. Maybe that's why they allowed me to stay planted on the ground, crying my heart out and looking like a mess.

But I was a mess. I was empty and nothing could ever fill that void again.

"We have to do something." My voice shook and my frantic breathing wasn't helping.

"Alexa you have to calm down." Ace found my side. Carefuly placing a hand on my shoulder.

"No." I shook my head. "Please just leave me alone." I knew he was dead and my question was simply stupid but I couldn't help it.

"You can't leave me. You said we'd do so much together you just can't okay!" I yelled at Max into the malevolant silence. I wasn't making sense, I knew this clearly yet it wasn't stopping me from saying it.

I picked up his hand, intertwining our fingers together. "Please wake up." I was pleading and laid a soft kiss on his cold fingers. The temperature made me shudder.

The tears were falling enough to blur my vision and I looked up in an attempt to stop them. Straight above our heads was a full moon, like the one from that night.

I brought my spare hand to hold his precious necklace around my neck, staring up at the sky.

Howling in the bitter air, the wind seemed to reflect my mood as it nipped at my exposed skin. The only source of light was the moon shinning above us, light delicately filtering through into the clearing. It's softness was menacing as it seemed to be mocking me with it's beauty - it evoked tranquility which contrasted my restlessness.

He was meant to be looking at that moon with me. That moon was special for us, we would always sit by eachother in the night air, huddling together for warmth and staring up at the sky together.

My eyes found his.They were like an empty window and probably mirroring mine as I was nothing without him.

I held his hand tightly, whispering "I'm here. I'm not leaving no matter what." Closing my eyes tightly as my heart clenched from the lack of tingles from his touch that used to errupt every time he held my hand.

I flinched when something touched my cheek, opening my eyes as a reflex.

My eyes furiously blinked as I stared at the sight in front of me.

In the moonlight, his eyes were now glistening as he stared up at me, a small smile etched across his face.

My mouth opened in shock, unable to form any words and his thumb caressed my face as he wiped the tears away. The touch sent a million fireworks dancing across my skin and it's like I could finally breathe again.

"M-Max." I chocked out.

"Lex." He smiled, barely managing to form the words in his state.

Happiness overwhelmed me as I threw myself in his arms, earning a few coughs in return.

"Oh, sorry." I dumbly went to pull away when I realised he was still injured. His arms wrapped around me protectively and I relaxed into his warmth as my heart sped up again, as though it had awakened from a deep slumber.

I relished in the feeling of his arms holding me closer against him. It took a couple of minutes for me to realise I wasn't dreaming and he was, in fact, alive and right in front of me.

"I thought I had lost you." I quite unnatractively croaked out, my throat still dry from the earlier shock.

He laughed, and I inwardly soared at hearing that sound which I never knew I had missed, whilst he spoke. "You can't get rid of me that easily."

I pulled back a little to look at him; his eyes were filled with an earnest look and I laughed at that earlier comment. My tear stained cheeks lifted into a smile and I shivered seeing his loving look piercing straight into my heart which was now hammering against my chest.

"Don't ever do this again." I hummed against his chest, holding him tighter in my arms.

He pulled me even tighter, as though it was a competition, and softly agreed. I grinned as I was half expecting another comment to fly my way.

He kissed my cheek, sparks igniting in my body once again and decided that never again. I would never let go of him again.

~~~~~

We were back at the pack house. What I wasn't expecting was Cathy rushing into my arms.

"Woah." I stumbled back from the impact of her throwing herself into my arms.

"Alex I was so worried!" She screamed into my ear.

"Ow..Cathy you nearly burst my eardrum."  I giggled.

"I was so worried about you!" She exclaimed, repeating the same thing again.

"Me too. How did you even get here?" I questioned. Not that I wasn't glad to have her here, but the fact that she was in the pack house left me quite confused.

"Will brought me here. He explained everything on the way saying that he should've told me everything sooner. I'm so sorry you were going through all of this and couldn't even tell me!" She finally pulled away.

I was glad Will was able to be the one to tell her everything. "Don't worry. You didn't have much of a choice." I gave her a smile.

Even though everything was finally over, the pack house was looking pretty solemn. I looked around at the tired faces around me, still shocked to have Max back.

Isaac had been able to heal easily and, fortunately, would be okay.

"Hey guys..how come Max was able to come back to life?" I voiced my thoughts, feeling Max flinch next to me.

Isaac emerged from the crowd, gaining our attention.

"To be honest. That's not really something we can explain. There's no logical explanation." He shrugged.

"Well, I'm just glad everyone's okay." I gave a small smile. That was all I could handle after today's occurings. I was still pretty shaken up.

Max made his way over to me. "Well now that we're done talking about me. I need to get Alexa to bed." He put his arm over my shoulder casually, and I internally cursed myself for my heart speeding up at such a casual gesture.

Ace wiggled his eyebrows.

"Shut up Ace. She's obviously exhausted after today." Max growled.

"I technically didn't say anything.." Ace retorted.

I was half expecting a fight to break out between them but instead they burst out laughing.

"It's good to have you back man." Ace smiled earning a nod from Max in return who was smiling himself.

I knew everyone felt the same way as we walked away from the crowd, upstairs into my bedroom.

"Get some sleep okay." Max gently kissed my forehead.

I nodded. Feeling sleep already threatening to overtake me. I didn't want him to leave, but I knew I couldn't ask him to stay.

He left, shutting the door behind him and I slowly drifted off a small smile lingering on my lips.

Halfway through the night I woke up, sweat dripping on my forehead after a startling nightmare. I wrapped a small blanket around me as I walked downstairs, onto the small patio outside the house.

Soon I felt a presence beside me and turned to look at them. I didn't expect to see Adam sit down next to me, looking up at the night, or should I say early morning, sky. The same moon had nearly disappeared, and I thanked it for protecting us.

"What are you doing up?" He asked me.

I sighed, playing with the blanket around me. "I couldn't sleep." I muttered.

"Same." He agreed.

After a comfortable silence settled between us I looked at him and asked the question that was on my mind.

"Why did you save me? I mean, you could have left me. It's my fault your beta is dead so.." I trailed off. Trying not to let thoughts of the past rush into my head.

He laughed sarcastically. "I'm not evil. You were in trouble and I did what anyone else would have. There's not really any reason behind it."

I nodded, he made sense.

"Anyways you should get some sleep." Adam stood up, offering a hand to help me up.

I gladly accepted it. "Well, thanks anyways." I gave him a small smile.

"No problem." He smiled in return. A nice and genuine one I wouldn't have expected from him. I guess you really can't judge anyone before truly knowing them.

~~~~~

There's one chapter left. My first story is nearly over ;(
Anyways who guessed that Adam was actually a good guy?
I wonder if anyone is actually reading my notes at the end.
-Bella

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

2.3M 46.5K 52
I sit down on my bike looking around the school parking lot. Listening to music, I stand up begin to walk through the student-less parking lot. Hones...
Meet Me After Class Od LeighFrankie

Tínedžerská beletria

3.4K 159 68
So who will it be for this hopelessly unromantic girl? The brooding best friend? Or the young and unquestionably attractive substitute teacher? They...
475 68 22
Life is a choice. Two friends inseparable; but in life who you fall inlove with can become your biggest MISTAKE. This story takes a turn on how love...
2.3M 41.2K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...