Still You, Just You

By ladykika09

Description: Dara is a damsel who when falls in love give her all. Donghae is a hero who is kind hearted and... More

. i .
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Hero
Chapter 3: The Damsel
Chapter 4: Hopeless
Chapter 5: Uljima
Chapter 6: Consequences
Chapter 7: With You
Chapter 8: One Day
Chapter 10: Past and Present
Chapter 11: First Step
Chapter 12: New People
Chapter 13: Him Her Him
Chapter 14: The End of Us
chapter 15: Snowy Day
Chapter 16: It's Her
Chapter 17: His Only Valentine
chapter 18: BFFs
Chapter 19: Nothing Else To Hide
Chapter 20: Uh Oh We're in Trouble
Chapter 21: Leader VS Diva
Chapter 22: Missing You
Chapter 23: Always Here For you
Chapter 24: Phone Call
Chapter 25: Remember
Chapter 26: Jealousy
Chapter 27: Your Light
Chapter 28: D-Day
Chapter 29: Are You Ready?
Chapter 30: Love Quarrel
Chapter 31: It Starts with That Kiss
Chapter 32: My Confession
Chapter 33: Love At the Wrong Time
Chapter 34: Far Away
Chapter 35: Boy Trouble
Chapter 36: A Little Closer
Chapter 37: You and I Together
Chapter 38: Selfish Wish
Chapter 39: This Moment
Chapter 40: I'm Falling
Chapter 41: The Plan
Chapter 42: Menboong
Chapter 43: What Is Right
Chapter 44: Our Official Label
Chapter 45: Bad Boy
Chapter 46: This Isn't It
Chapter 47: Before The Storm
Chapter 48: Confused Heart
Chapter 49: Hold On
Chapter 50: A Smile in Your Heart
Chapter 51: Shut Up, You're Mine
Chapter 52: Letting Go
Chapter 53: 1 + 1 = ?
Chapter 54: Shake Up
Chapter 55: Love, Trust & Choices
Chapter 56: The Chosen Path
Chapter 57: What If
Chapter 58: After Some Time
Chapter 59: In The End
Chapter 60: Still You
Chapter 61: Just You
Chapter FINAL: Always You
Author's Note

Chapter 9: Park Family

2.8K 53 1
By ladykika09

Normal POV

Without wasting any time they quickly went to the Park residence to save Bang Shin.

Donghae parked the car a few blocks away from her apartment to avoid being caught.

I can’t believe this is happening. It’s ridiculous. Dara cried in her mind. Seriously, out of all days… Why now… Right when I’m with him?

“You can’t go inside, my mom will be manic if she sees you. Stay here in the car, I’ll just go back and bring it to you”

“Wouldn’t that tire you? I’ll just come with you and stay outside. If you get him, just hand it to me by the door”

“No it’s okay it’s just two blocks away”

“What if they follow you out and sees me?”

Dara thought about it well. Knowing Durami, he has a point. They both got off the car and headed to the apartment building, all cautious and quiet.

Her apartment’s just on the third floor, by the far end of the hallway, a few doors close to the emergency stairs.  

“Stay here. If someone comes, go hide.”

“Yes maam”

Donghae stayed outside the door while she comes in to get Bang Shin. Aside from his thoughtfulness and sincerity to not tire her, he also just wanted to see how her apartment building looks like.

So this is her living environment. As expected of her. Classy.

He then sighs in regret. Just because of one cat, his plans were ruined. Though the movie and arcade was fun, he was really looking forward to having late lunch with her and skating.

He knows today is a rare day, the chance of a date will never come again.

He leaned his shoulders back onto the wall and plugged in some earphones to listen to music while waiting.

Minutes passed. While jamming loudly to a GD’s ThatXX song, he didn’t notice a tall slim guy get out of the elevator, walking down the hallway with bags of groceries on his hands, heading to his direction.

“♪ They say love is blind, oh baby you're so blind ♫…”

“Hyung?”

“Sandara… How could you add another cat in the house? One is good. Two is okay. Three is enough, Four is too much!!!” Dara‘s mom said.

“You should get married and have children than collecting cats, unnie” Durami says, brushing her fingers on Bang Bang.

“Bang Sh---- Bang bang isn’t mine. It’s a friend’s, so please hand him over so I can return him”

“Why are you in a hurry?” Durami moves Bang Shin away.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were already coming, you could have at least texted me on the way”

“You know it’s either today or tomorrow. What’s the difference, it’s not like it’s a surprise”

Well it did come off as that.

“I’m back” A call came from the front door, the voice belongs to Cheondung.

“Sanghyun did you find the one I was telling you about?” Their mom asked while clearing up the kitchen.

“Yeah, not only that, I also found ‘him’ outside the door”

Dara turned around and Donghae was standing next to Cheondung, mouthing the words. I’m sorry, I didn’t see him.

She bites her lip, anxious built up inside her as she imagines on what might happen next. She faced back to Durami and her mom, it’s clear in their faces the questions and their surprise.

“Annyeong haseyo…” He greeted nervously.

“W…Welcome!” her mom exclaimed, breaking free from the shock. She then turn her gaze on Dara. “I didn’t expect you’ll come. Please come in”

Ho…crap.

* * * *

Dara’s POV

“Oppa. Here”

Duramiiii…

“Hyung. Here”

Sanghyuuuun….

Why does it have to turn to this? TT TT

“Donghae, here. Try this. This is my specialty”

“Maaaa…” I cried but she ignored. “Stop it. He has too much on his plate already”

I pulled out the bowl from mom’s hand and placed it on the other side of the table. But she takes another dish and keeps on giving him some.

Aish… seriously…

I still can’t believe this is truly happening…  This is impossible…  This doesn’t happen in real life…

I rubbed my hand down my face in frustration.

“What’s wrong, noona?” Sang hyun grinned.

I glared at him. “What are you even doing here?”

“When I heard mom and Durami coming, of course I had to visit. Mom also asked me to buy some grocery”

“Sandara didn’t tell me you were coming, I should have cooked something special”

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Park. Everything is delicious”

“Really? Ayoooo~ I’m so happy!~”

What the---

All of us siblings had the same sour reaction. Sanghyun even had a hard time swallowing the soup in his mouth.

Mom has transformed into a fangirl.

But I know why mom is acting like that. Mom likes him even from the start, she finds him charming and she has watched his dramas. Yes she is a total fan. Plus add the fact he saved my life, she totally loves him now.

“So, oppa. Is Bang Bang yours?”

“He’s Heechul hyung’s. And his name is Bang Shin, we just had to use a nickname so others won’t know”

“While he’s in the groomers, where did you go?”

Donghae glances at me. Of course he doesn’t know if he has to say the truth or not. I have to answer it for him.

In this family it is better to say the truth than to lie and be caught.

“We went to see the new movie”

“Whoa, hyung is it nice?”

“Yeah it was! But noona didn’t seem to like it”

“Ahh… Noona…” Durami smirked. “And just the two of you?”

Both she and I exchanged stares. Mine of course has a murderer flare.

“You guys should continue your chat later, for now finish your food cause we still have desserts”

After lunch, I helped mom and Durami with the chores while we leave the guys and cats in the living room.

“Does GD know?” Mom said seriously, completely different from the fangirling mom that was right there 10 minutes ago.

“Does GD know what?” I said - sorting the dishes inside the cupboard.

“You know what I mean”

Just thinking about Jiyong puts this massive weight on me. I know he’s been exerting effort to fix things with me. I just can’t deal with this for the moment, not when a mixture of sadness and anger runs all over me. Also I don't want to ruin such a good day over some drama.

“We’re over, mom. He doesn’t care anything about me now. And besides Donghae and I are just friends”

I heard Durami clicked her tongue. “If you’re not dating why did you bring him home?”

“I didn’t. If mom didn’t catnap Bang Shin we wouldn’t be here”

“I’m sorry…”

“By the way, don’t tell anyone about this please…” I said pointing the spatula at them. “If you don’t want me lose my job, keep this a secret”

“Sounds like you’re really dating” Durami teased.

“I told you, we are not” I ticked.

“Durami stop it. We understand your idol image, Sandara… so don’t worry about it.”

As soon as we get back to the living room, it seemed things have turned too comfortable for everyone. Donghae’s sitting on the floor with his legs spread wide open while the three cats are standing over him. Sanghyun being cheeky, trying to put Bang Shin over his head.

They both laughed as the cats couldn’t stay in one place, walking all over Donghae.

“Ya Dadoong-aa are you trying to choke me?” Donghae said, holding Dadoong while its legs on his neck.

“Meow”

I chuckled softly. Cute.

I continued to watch them from the doorway when Donghae has finally noticed my presence, he set aside the cats and got up quickly.

“I’m sorry got too carried away with playing”

A smile curved on the end of my lips. “Yeah I see that.”

“So do you wanna go?”

“Uhm… I’m thinking of staying, I need to pack more clothes. I’ll just ask the manager to pick me up. Is It alright?”

“Oh no prob” He glances at his watch. “Well, I should go”

“Bye bye Bang Shin! Bang Shin bye bye!” Durami bents down on the same level as the cage and waves to the cat.

“Be careful on your way, Donghae. Please drive safely” Mom says while sending us out the door.

“I will… Thank you for the wonderful meal” Donghae bowed politely.

“You’re welcome, next time you come I’ll sure make my other specialties”

If there is a next time.

As we get in the elevator. I saw him smiling on his own.

“Why are you smiling?” I pressed the ground floor.

“Your family is interesting. They’re just like you. Very outgoing but has this shyness”

“Yeah it’s in our genes”

“Super genes… Durami looks like you. Very pretty.”

He had this grin when he said those words. “HEP! Durami is still a baby, you can’t date her”

“What!?” He laughs. “I was just saying she’s pretty. I didn’t mean anything else”

“You better make sure.” I pierced a stare at him while we get off the elevator “Anyway sorry if the day has to turn this.”

“No it’s fine. It’s not what I expected it to be, but it was fun”

“I had fun too, thank you” Upon reaching the main gate, it surprised me. It was cold outside, I have to jump up and down the steps to stay warm.

“You better go back, noona. You might catch a cold”

“Yeah~~~~~” My body was shaking .. “Be careful on your way home though. Bye”

“Yeah. Bye”

When he left, I quickly went upstairs so I could warm myself. As I opened the door, Durami and Sanghyun are still standing there and appear to be waiting for something.

“What?”

“Did you kiss him?”

“NO.” I distinctly said. “WHY WOULD I!?”

“Why not!?!?!?” Durami cried following me across the room. “It’s your first date! You gotta kiss him!”

I rolled my eyes. What logic is that?

I change my mind.

Durami needs a boyfriend. NOW.

Seriously… Kiss Donghae?

Me?

* * * *

Donghae’s POV

I was really feeling good, and blasting some Beautiful Day (one way) music in my car, when someone came knocking on the window of the front passenger seat while I’m stopped in a traffic light.

She was waving and smiling prettily.

What are the odds to find her here?

I scrolled down the window. “Hey what’s up?”

“Annyeong! Can you give me a free ride?”

“Where are you headed?”

“To the company”

I signalled her okay. She rode in a hurry, and lifted Bang Shin’s cage for her to sit.

“Did you bring Bang Shin to the groomer?”

I nodded. “Just put it in the back seat. So you can seat comfortably”

“Nae” she turns around and extends her arm to the back. “Oh. Why do you have bunny inside your car?”

“Bunny?”

The bunny from the arcade is sitting in the back seat. She must have left it behind. Jessica pulled it out and placed it on her lap.

“Awww. It’s cute~ Can I have it??

“It’s not mine. I’m giving it to someone.”

“To who?”

“To an adorable kid” I smiled. Now I have found another reason to see her.

“You must have liked that kid so much to give him something this cute”

“Yeah… Very much”

“So when are you giving it to him? Can I come?”

“I don’t think that’s wise”

“Why? Are you worried people might think we’re dating? Or you just don’t want to be with me?”

“No… It’s not like that... The kid might be scared by the ice princess”

“Ice princess!?” Her jaw dropped in disbelief. It was a cute sight.

“I was just kidding!”

“Shut up, I hate you” Jessica pouted.

I know Jessica for years. This kind of jokes doesn’t come as upsetting anymore. The Ice princess title? Instead of being offended, she embraces it warmly as a signature/image.

“Hey hae…”

“Hm?”

A serious aura enfolded in the car.

But it didn’t bother me.

I was too focused on my driving.

And still feeling a bit giddy about the day.

When suddenly…

“Have you ever thought about us getting back together?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 309 8
A Sequel or should I say, Part II of my One-Shot entitled Invisible Man. So, here you go... Sandara Park, called as Dara by some of her close fr...
103 0 9
Hyukjae is a total mess... He is wrecked... He spends his life drinking and getting wasted every night... It was his escape from the painful memory t...
151K 4.1K 66
Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with the help of her best friend. Jiyong is a...
76.2K 2K 25
Dara woke up in the hospital with 15 years of her life missing from her memory. From a simple and a bubbly girl trying to finish high school, she wok...