The Queen's Alpha

By Ballerinagirl01

"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()(... More

The cast <3
{one}
{two}
{three}
{four}
{five}
{six}
{seven}
{eight}
{nine}
{ten}
{eleven}
{twelve}
{thirteen}
{fourteen}
{fifteen}
{sixteen}
{seventeen}
{eighteen}
{nineteen}
{twenty}
{twenty-one}
{twenty-two}
{twenty-four}
{twenty-five}
{twenty-six}
{twenty-seven}
Epilogue
New Book!
REWRITE/EDIT

{twenty-three}

21.2K 564 33
By Ballerinagirl01

Damon's POV

"What do you think about this plan?" I ask, my Beta, Daniel. We've been stuck in the conference room for hours trying to get a war plan set. I found that having all the Alphas here cause too much argument to complete anything. So I decided that Daniel and I could do it by ourselves.

"There's still flaws, we could lose." He replied, leaning back in his chair.

"Damn it!" I grunt, turning away from the big table with all the battle strategies. I place my hands on my head and let out a frustrated sigh. A quick knock on the door and a small whiff of their scents had Daniel and I racing for the door. We open the two very large, mahogany doors to see our mates standing with arms full of trays of food.

"We brought you lunch, since you haven't come out yet." Claire says, smiling at Daniel.

"We wanted to make sure you were still alive." Aria laughed. It's only been a few hours but I missed her so much. I went to grab the tray from her but she swatted away my hand.

"I've got it!" She says walking past me and setting down on the conference table with Claire.

"Have you settled on a battle plan yet?" Claire asks, as Daniel and I start to eat. I didn't realize how I hungry I was till the food was in front of me

"Not yet." Daniel mumbles, focused on eating.

"We need to do something soon, sitting around and waiting isn't doing anything." Aria says, looking at files laid out on the table.

"You don't think I know that?" I ask, already annoyed at myself. Her adding on to it was not helping my temper.

"No need to get snappy!" She exclaims, I could feel through our bond that she was annoyed that I snapped at her. She doesn't get it.

"Well, sorry if I'm annoyed that I can't find a good battle plan because Alpha's have started to pull their warriors out of the war, the damn rogue won't speak a single word to me, and your stupid mother keeps changing where she's going!" I say, standing up from my seat. I knew I was getting too harsh but it just slipped out. The fire that ignited in her eyes meant I was in trouble.

"I know that you're annoyed and stressed, I'm your mate, I feel it. But that doesn't give you a right to lash out on me. I'm supposed to help you through these things but I can't when all you do is hide in your office and yell at me." She argues, pushing me back into my chair. "Eat your food and shut up."

Two sets of laughter were heard, neither from Aria nor me. I look over to see Daniel sitting in his chair laughing while Claire's arms are around his shoulder as she try's to hide her laughter by shoving her face into his neck.

"You two are quite entertaining." Daniel smiles, smirking at me. "Remind me to never get pregnant Aria mad."

"Daniel!" Claire scolds him, still laughing. "It is cute watching you two bicker though."

"I will always love the way Aria man-handles Damon." Daniel says, taking a bite from his sandwich.

"Sometimes the King needs a good ass-whopping." Aria smiles, walking past me, spinning my chair in circles as she does. I stop myself from spinning, pulling up my chair to the table.  I watch as Aria grabs her laptop which she seems to carry with her everywhere. She really shouldn't be carrying such a heavy item when she's 2 1/2 months pregnant. I couldn't believe that we were already half way to meeting our baby. I watch her walk over to table to sit next to me, her round stomach was something I was gonna miss in a few months. But I think holding our baby in my arms would make up for that.

"You look like a lovestruck puppy." Daniel mocks me, staring at my mate.

"You do too." I shot back.

"Yeah, but I never made fun of my beta for being in love. You told me it was stupid and shouldn't have that much of an effect on someone." He states, pulling Claire into his lap.

"I regret ever saying those words, I've been proven wrong." I say, pressing a kiss to Aria's cheek. Somehow we can have huge arguments but be perfectly fine 5 minutes later.

"I got an email from Collin." She says leaning closer to me.

"Really? That could help us." Daniel says, getting excited at the possibility of progress.

Dear King and Queen,

I bring you great news! I have located the former queens headquarters, we have set up base a few miles away from them. They do indeed have a large army but they haven't moved in several weeks. I would suggest an attack in the next couple days. We can not attack on our own and will need multiple warriors to come. I've attached the location below, please contact me soon.

Sincerely, Head warriors Collins

I look at Aria as she finishes reading the email. The location was overseas, in the middle of Spain, how did she even get over there?

"Get him on the phone now!" I command at Daniel. He quickly dials him and places his phone on speaker in the middle of the table.

"Hello, Beta Daniel, what is the problem?"

"Hello, Collin, it's King Damon. We just received your email." I say, using my alpha tone.

"Good afternoon, Your Highness. Have you made a decision about the battle?" He asked. I knew the decision I need to make, Aria would hate me for it.

"I have made the decision, Beta Daniel will stay here and guard the castle and The Queen while I will fly with 100 warriors to your location tonight." I state, closing my eyes waiting for Aria's reaction. Daniel knew I had to do this, it was only right for me to go.

"What?" I hear Aria whisper, I look up to see her staring at me with fear in her eyes.

"Sounds good, Your Highness, we will begin to prepare for your arrival." He says, then hangs up.

"We'll give you two some privacy." Claire says, pulling Daniel out of the room. I place my hands on Aria's as she sitting in her slumped over form. She lets her head fall into my hands and I can feel her wet tears. I lean down and place a kiss on her head and nuzzle my nose right next to her cheek.

"I know you have to g-go, it's your duty a-as King, but I'm s-so scared." She stutters through her tears. I pull her head up so I could look at her.

"I know it's scary, but I'll be fine. It's one little fight." I say, trying to ease her nerves. I wasn't certain of the outcome of this fight. I only knew that I would try my hardest to make it out alive to hold my baby.

"You don't that for certain, anything could happen to you!" She cries, it's like she could read my mind...she can.

"I'm a very strong wolf with a very strong army behind me. Your mother doesn't stand a chance." I say, pulling her into my lap.

"Why did my mother have to be so heartless?" She asks, looking into my eyes.

"I promise you, I will come back safe and your mother will no longer be a threat." I state, knowing I had to keep this promise. I see the tears welling up in her eyes, she's gonna crack soon and I'm not ready for the waterfall.

"Please, don't go.." She whispers, wrapping her arms around me. I squeezed her tight in my embrace, I was gonna miss her terribly.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Alpha King, we need to take off soon." A random flight attendant reminds me for the hundredth time. I've been standing with Aria, procrastinating on getting on the plane full of warriors.

"You need to go..." Aria says, reluctantly. I wasn't ready to leave her, I've never been away from her for this long. It's normally a few hours and that's while we're still in the same building. Now I'm gonna miles away, overseas, in the middle of nowhere, away from her. I felt a few tears prick my eyes as I realize I truly needed to leave.

"I'll be back as soon as the war is over." I promise placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Call me whenever you can, always keep your mind-link open." She commands, holding back all of her emotions. This was already such a hard decision for her and the hormones didn't help at all.

"I'm gonna miss you too much!" I spit out, I grab her and pull her into my arms.

"You need to leave before I start crying again." She says, wiping a tear that had fallen from my eye. I lean down and place a long kiss on her lips. I knew I wouldn't get to kiss her for a long time, so I savored the moment. She pushed me towards the plane but I stopped her, leaning down and placing a kiss on her belly. Who knew how big her belly would be when I got back? It was only meant to be a short trip but that depended on the war. I vowed to be back with Aria before she gave birth, no matter what happened, I couldn't bear to miss the birth of my child. I reluctantly walk towards the plane, watching Aria the entire time. I soon have to walk up the stairs and into the plane, I take my seat in the first class section. I take a deep breath and a big gulp, the weight of being King was becoming so realistic. I sometimes had these type of situations as Alpha in Blue Crescent, but it was small groups of rogues or a disagreement with another pack. This was a true battle and I didn't just have my pack to worry about, I had the whole kingdom to protect, including my mate.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

I may or may not be crying....
I wanted to show a guys side of this type of plot. I wanted Damon to be this big tough guy that also HAS emotions. I know it's a lot and it's sad. Oh yeah and Matt bomer is sorta my Damon even though someone else is casted as him haha. Also I love the gif so please let me know if you guys want more or less gif per chapter?!??

I'm thinking that the book might be coming to a close soon....like 5 more chapters....

I really love writing werewolf books so I'd be down to write a sequel or something, give y'all's thoughts?!?!

Word count: 1874

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...
535K 13.3K 51
Liberty knew from the moment she was betrothed to Prince Aziel that she would never be happy. She vowed she would stop at nothing to keep herself awa...
28.8M 882K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
235K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...