Bedding bad √

By Cephasqueen

'What are you made of Zayn Rodriguez?' There was pure curiosity in her brown eyes. I only then noticed how tr... More

Meghan-1
Meghan-2
Author's Note
Meghan-3
Zayn-4
Meghan-5
Zayn-6
Meghan-7
Meghan-8
Zayn-9
Meghan-10
Meghan-11
Zayn-12
Meghan-13
14- Zayn/Meghan♥️
Meghan-15
Zayn-16
Zayn-17
Meghan-18
Meghan-19
Zayn-20
Meghan-21
Meghan-22
Meghan-23
Zayn-24
Meghan-25
Meghan-26
Meghan-27
Meghan-28
Meghan-29
Meghan-30
Meghan-31
Zayn-32
Meghan-33
Meghan-34
Meghan-35
Zayn-36
Zayn-38
Meghan- 39
Yay!!!
Spin-off
More spin-offs

Meghan-37

1.6K 132 23
By Cephasqueen

Because I promised Linewhyte I was going to update yesterday
But really what's the difference btw yesterday and now? 😁

I didn't know what was happening, I'm not sure anything was but I felt light and my head felt like a ball of candy floss. I felt calm, maybe I was going to heaven, it wasn't so bad but my eyes faltered open and when I saw those green orbs blocking my view of everything else I knew there could be heaven on earth and I smiled. He pushed the hair away from my forehead.

'Go back to sleep captain, let the morphine work'. Then it was dark again, maybe I was dreaming.

I woke up to the annoying sound of things being placed on metal. As my ears adjusted to the harsh light, I scanned the room. White walls, cheap TV, IV fluid, no undies; hospital.

My mom stood to my left creating more of that annoying sound by placing more stuff on the small table there.

'Mom'. She was a little startled as she turned to caste sunken eyes on me.

'Baby. Are you okay?' she sat on the bed and caressed my cheek. Only then was I aware of the loud beeping sound from the heart monitor connected to me.

I nodded.

'Everything is just loud and my head hurts'. Her hand moved further up to gently massage my forehead.

'The doctor mentioned that possibility. It's the anesthetics. He had to reduce the painkillers until you were awake to ascertain how much pain you are in'.

'Everywhere hurts. What happened?'

She frowned.

'You were shot by your psycho ex but don't worry sweetheart, I got him locked up. You just have to give your statement to seal things up'.

I remembered that. I never thought Travis would shoot me, drunk and angry or not but then again I never thought he'd hit me either. I really feel like I never did know the guy.

'I can get the nurses to give you another dose of morphine if it hurts that badly'. Mom suggested but I declined.

'I want to be clear headed for now'.

She nodded and caressed the bandage around my abdomen.

'You got lucky, it missed tour lung only by a few centimeters. You are going to be fine baby'. She kissed my forehead.

I understood how this must have scared her. Imagine being a mom and losing your child to a drunk teenager with a bruised ego.

'How long do I have to stay here?' I asked

'Don't think about that now, just rest'. She kept caressing my head.

'Zayn is outside, the rest of the family left some hours ago, your friends too'.

'Can you let him in?'

'Of course, I'll let the doctors know you are awake'. She left to do as she had said and I just waited.

He shut the door too gently when he came in. His eyes were locked on mine as he took his seat beside me.

'Hey captain'. His voice was groggy.

'Have you been crying?' my voice was too but from lack of use.

'You were fucking shot. Did you expect me to go sing in the opera?'

I chuckled.

'Why the violence Rodriguez? It's okay to be a softie, don't worry'.

He shrugged.

'I'm a softie for you'. He took my hand in his and squeezed.

'Meghan, I love you'. I screamed oh my god in my mind then forced myself to calm down when the heart monitor veered out of its normal tract.

'Are you saying that because I took a bullet for you?' he sighed.

'No. I'm saying it because I realized I would do the same for you in a heartbeat. Never do that again by the way. When I saw you lying there, it was like the life had been sucked out of me and I began to imagine living without you. I was barely existing before you came into my life. If I ever lost you Meg, I don't know what I would do with myself'.

'Ughh Zayn! Too much cheese'. He laughed and I couldn't imagine not seeing those dimples again.

'I missed you'. He drew patterns on my palm.

'How long was I out?'

'You were shot yesterday. It's 5pm now, they rushed you to the operating room to get the bullet out and put you to sleep afterwards. Everyone was here, including Malik'.

'Look at that, I'm his favorite in-law'.

'Gracie covered her dinner gown in snot. She almost barged into the operating room'.

'I ruined her engagement party. Typical Meghan move'.

'You did us all a favor, that shit was traumatizing'.

I thought of Stuart's mom and laughed.

'I forgot. Jake is out there, he's been here all trough. I think he has a crush on you'.

'Uh, that is very unlikely'.

'Never doubt captain. I will text him'.

He typed on his phone with one hand, holding me with the other.

He obviously didn't know about his best friend's sexuality and I wondered why Jake would keep it away from him, except he was the one the crush was directed at.

'What?' He asked as he caught me staring.

'Nothing'. I smiled as Jake walked in.

'Hey man. I was just telling her you've been here all day'. Zayn said teasingly.

'How are you feeling Meghan?' He ignored Zayn.

'I'm okay. I appreciate you staying here even though it wasn't necessary'. He looked down.

'I had to. I have to tell you something, both of you actually'.

Zayn and I shared a look. His questioning, mine knowing.

'Okay'. Zayn permitted.

He sucked in a deep breath.

'I'm gay'. He announced

'What?' Zayn's surprised eyes flew from him to me, and then they narrowed.

'You knew about this'. He accused.

'Only recently'.

At this point Jake was fidgeting, he really needed Zayn to accept him.

'Are you cool with it?' He asked like he wasn't sure what he was supposed to say.

'What? Of course, I don't mind. I just feel a bit disappointed that Meg knew and I didn't, we are supposed to be best friends'.

Jake smiled widely.

'Did you just call me your best friend?'

'Get over it weirdo, you probably should have taped it?'

Jake rolled his eyes.

'Anyway, there is more'.

'Dude, are you in love with me?' Zayn whispered like the walls could hear him say something so abominable and again Jake rolled his eyes.

'Yes dude. I wanna climb you right now and pluck your man cherry. Get over yourself, you are really not that hot'.

'Ehm. He kinda is'. I defended

'Thanks babe'. Zayn grinned

'Babe?'

'Back to your point big guy'.

'Right. So Meghan, I wanted to apologize, I deserve more of your hatred than you've given me'.

Maybe there was a time I hated Jake for cheating on Katie but we have all moved past that now and I can't hold it against him forever.

'I don't think I have any more left to give you'.

'You will after you hear this'.

'Wow. Did you scratch her car?' Zayn inquired

'Worse'. He wasn't looking at both of us anymore.

'Travis Harden and I are seeing each other'. I suddenly felt dizzy. There is just so much a girl can take in a span of 24hours.

'What do you mean are?' I struggled not to stutter.

'It started a few months after Katie and I got together, I felt guilty of course but only for a while. I was going to tell Katie but somehow she found out, someone sent her pictures but Travis face was hidden. After that I was consumed with guilt because of how much I saw her hurting and I ended things with Trav but I love him and with nothing more left to lose, it wasn't long before we were back together.

Then I wanted to make things exclusive, stop the whole secret shit but he was scared of what his brothers and friends would think and when he heard one of his pals say homosexuality is diabolic he called things off and decided to get himself a girlfriend to convince himself he wasn't a disciple of the antichrist'.

'That is just dumb'. Zayn piped in.

'And I was just a victim?'

'He did like you'.

'Yeah? His little demon fending rebound?' I flared as did the heart monitor.

'Can someone take this shit out of my body?'

Zayn grabbed my fisted hand.

'Meghan, breathe. Your mom is getting the doctors'.

I tried leveling my breaths and soon the beeping returned to normal.

'He took me to their special spot. Jesus, I am so stupid'.

'I am so sorry you got dragged into this whole mess. I didn't mean to make your boyfriend cheat on you'.

'Come on, this isn't your fault. You can't help him deal with his internal homophobia'. Zayn tried to reassure him.

'I'm still guilty because I knew and I didn't tell her and I wasn't strong enough to say no to him'. His voice had dropped too low.

Zayn had a contemplative look on.

'So that night at Tara's party, that nasty hickey?' He reasoned and Jake nodded.

'You are such a whore'. He chuckled and I glared at him

'I know what he did was wrong and I'm not trying to justify his actions but he didn't mean to shoot you Meghan'.

'Yeah I know, he meant to shoot Zayn'.

'Neither of you. Travis wouldn't hurt anyone, he just isn't in a good head space'.

'No shit. I don't want to hear this anymore so can you leave? I want to be alone'.

He nodded solemnly and moved out. Zayn looked at me and stood up.

'Not you Zayn'.

He sat back down, took my hand in both of his and kissed it.

'Are you okay?' He asked in a whisper.

'I'm fine'.

'Then why are you crying?' he gently said and wiped my left cheek.

I sighed.

'I'm just so angry and since I'm strapped to a freaking hospital bed, I can't do anything about it'.

'I thought you are over him? Why are you so hurt then?'

'I dated him for months, I've had a crush on him for as long as I can remember and now I keep living through these surprises that make me feel like I have a shitty judgment of people and I'm mad at myself and at him for using me so cruelly. He cheated on me, he made me think we had a chance when he is freaking gay. He didn't even have the right to get mad at me or get jealous!'

A sharp pain passed through my abdomen and I gasped.

'Hey, calm down'. He caressed my knuckles until I calmed reasonably.

'I know you don't expect to hear this from me but the guy is obviously conflicted and disturbed and this is not helping you get better so please, can you stop thinking about it? Let me occupy your thoughts instead'.

I smiled.

'I can do that'.

'Good. Now go to sleep'. He began petting my hair.

'I'm here. You are okay, we are okay'.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Who do you guys picture as Jake?
How many of you saw that coming??

Thanks for 2k votes guys😁
Two more chapters....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 57.8K 51
~COMPLETED~ Mateo Rossi is your typical bad boy with tattoos and fancy cars. He has gotten everything he has ever wanted from his dad; the leader of...
1.2M 36.3K 49
[COMPLETED] Book #1 in the Loving You series She was the light in my life when everything else was clouded with darkness. - Jason ~*~ Daisy McKenwa...
153K 4K 35
"So here I am, bawling my eyes out on my bed. I've got mascara streaming down my face, my eyes are red and puffy, I can't breathe, and it feels like...
139K 3.7K 42
(Book 1) #120 in Teen Fiction Suddenly an awkward silence took over the room and we were like magnets, attracted to the sudden beauty of the of the...