My Safe Haven (Completed)

By KimMandeukie

I never thought that running away will lead me to you, you are my safe haven. With you, everything is alright... More

Chapter 1: Run
Chapter 2: Island
Chapter 3: Lisa Oppa
Chapter 4: Happiness
Chapter 5: New Things
Chapter 6: Simple Yet Perfect
Chapter 7: Kids Time
Chapter 8: One Rainy Day
Chapter 9: Know Her First
Chapter 10: Who Is Lisa?
Chapter 11: Burning (M)
Chapter 12: The Day After
Chapter 13: Boat
Chapter 14: Market 1
Chapter 15: Market 2
Chapter 16: Party
Chapter 17: She's Back
Chapter 18: Shattered
Chapter 19: Be My Girlfriend
Chapter 20: Surreal
Chapter 21: Yours
Chapter 22: The Past
Chapter 23: Who Is Jennie?
Chapter 24: Teacher
Chapter 25: Small World
Chapter 26: Marry Me
Chapter 27: Chichu
Chapter 28: Visitor
Chapter 29: Just An Another Day
Chapter 30: Preparations
Chapter 31: I Was Made For Loving You
Chapter 32: Bad Dream
Chapter 33: Rings
Chapter 34: No!
Chapter 35: Promise
Chapter 36: Evil Plan
Chapter 37: Lost
Chapter 38: Village
Chapter 39: Fire
Chapter 40: Monster
Chapter 41: Bestfriend
Chapter 42: Tables Turned
Chapter 43: Too Late
Chapter 44: Mourn
Chapter 45: Little Angel
Chapter 46: Déjà vu
Chapter 47: She's Real
Chapter 48: Flashback 1
Chapter 49: Flashback 2
Chapter 50: You And Me
Chapter 51: Ghost?
Chapter 52: First Born Manoban
Chapter 53: Downfall
Chapter 54: Marry Your Daughter
Chapter 55: J's
Chapter 57: First Aid
Chapter 58: Rough (M)
Chapter 59: Talks
Chapter 60: Moonlight
Chapter 61: Sadist
Chapter 62: Fishing
Chapter 63: The Day Before
Chapter 64: Blue
Chapter 65: Mrs. Manoban
Chapter 66: Drunk
Chapter 67: Honeymoon
Chapter 68: Dance For You (M)
Chapter 69: Mad
Chapter 70: Thailand
Chapter 71: Positive
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter 56: Jealous

23.7K 744 218
By KimMandeukie

Jennie's POV

I engulfed Lisa into a very tight hug after I saw the name. She's so sweet in everything. I can't believe that someone just named an island after me.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." I repeatedly said while continously pecking her on the lips.

"I love you too Jennieyah." she replied while pecking my lips back.

"Hello?! We are here!" Jisoo disgustingly yelled while pulling me away from Lisa.

"Continue it when we're not around. Lisa's father is watching too if you don't remember." Jisoo whispered to me that made my cheeks blushed so hard. Shit. I forgot that Mr. Manoban is also with us.

I am mentally cursing myself when a familiar voice shouted my name,"Jennieyah! Sweetie!" my face suddenly lit up upon seeing grandma walking towards us.

"Grandma!" I squealed instantly forgetting that I just kissed Lisa in front of her dad. I ran towards grandma and embraced her warmly the moment I reached her.

"I miss you so much! Oh God! I love you grandma!" I half yelled because of the excitement. I didn't notice that my tears are falling again down my cheeks. At least, the reason that I am crying lately is not about how miserable I am anymore but because of too much joy that my heart couldn't handle.

"Aigo! I miss you too sweetie. I am glad you are fine." Grandma replied while caressing my back.

"Aniya! It should be me, the one to be glad that you are fine.. I almost died because of the loneliness when I believed that Lisa and you were dead.. I'm very happy that it's not true and both of you are here in front of me.. I'm sorry grandma." I can't stop sobbing while saying those words.

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault sweetheart.. Now, stop crying. The whole village is waiting for all of you at the front beach near our house for lunch. Lisa instructed Mr. Hanbin to prepare a small feast which I doubt it's small because surely it is not." Grandma chuckled while pulling out from the hug.

I just smiled at her and grabbed her right arm letting her lead the way. "Yah! How about me?!" Lisa shouted from the back. I turned my head and just stick my tongue out to her that made Jisoo and Rosie tease her by shouting "Boo!"
________________________

Lisa's POV

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim surely loves mocking me. Tssss.

I just let her and grandma walked together ahead of us followed by the savage couple Chaesoo, with my father and me at the back. SungJae is still sleeping on my father's shoulders.

"Jennie is really a very wholesome lady. She's for keeps. You should keep her well my child." my father said out of nowhere.

I smiled at him, agreeing on what he said. "Yes, she is. I'm not planning to let her go dad. It's either marrying her or not getting married at all." I proudly uttered.

My dad chuckled with his very manly voice. "You are a lot like me. We have the same level of loyalty towards a girl. Look at me, I never marry another woman because they are not your mom. She's the only one I want to be with just like how you feel towards Jennie."

"Because mom and Jennie were the last ones of their kind dad. You will never meet someone like mom and I will never meet someone like Jennie. We are lucky to have them dad. Although mom is not around anymore, I know that her heart only belongs to you from the past up until now that she's in heaven." I said while smiling wholeheartedly.

"You really grew up well my Pranpriya. I am glad to be with you although it's kinda late, at least I've got the chance to be a father and to be a grandfather. I'm looking forward for another little Manoban. Arasso? I preferred a dozen if Jennie could take it." my dad jokingly stated.

"Yah! That's too much! How about two dozens?" I replied that made him laugh out loud getting the attentions of the four ladies in front of us but we just shrugged our shoulders off. Gladly SungJae didn't woke up.

"By the way dad, I am planning to marry Jennie as soon as possible. I already told her parents my plans and they agreed on it. So dad, I will ask for your blessing too. Please allow me to marry Jennie Kim." I politely said while bowing my head.

"Aigo this kid! You don't have to ask. You already know that I will give you my blessings. I even asked you to give me a dozen of little Manobans." he replied while giggling.

I hugged him though SungJae is settled on his chest blocking my way. "I am lucky to have you dad. Now I know why they call a father is a superhero without wearing a cape. You are a best example of it, you are my superman. Although it's only months that you've been with me, it feels already a lifetime. You're the best, dad." I sincerely uttered while hugging my father. I am very proud being a child of Marco Manoban, a selfless man and a loving/supportive father.
____________________
Jennie's POV

The villagers welcomed us warmly. And I can't help but to smile when I saw all the familiar faces that had been with me on my journey in this island. I am glad they didn't bombarded us a lot of questions. Maybe Hanbin handled them well.

Speaking of Hanbin, I haven't seen him yet. I wanted to apologize to him after that night when Lisa and I ditched them during dinner.
__
Grandma is true, the small feast is not a small feast at all. It is beyond grand. Lots of foods especially seafoods, desserts and drinks were settled in the middle of a long rectangular table.

"Unnie! Oppa!" I saw our little princesses running towards us, Jihyo and Tsuyu.

I opened my arms widely to embrace them. "I missed you my little angels." I said showering them a lot of kisses.

Lisa came towards us and carried the two at the same time. "How are you my princesses? Oppa missed you." she lovingly said.

"We missed you too oppa! Mama told me that you came back from heaven because you are not yet finished on your mission on this earth and that is to play with us!" Jihyo happily stated that made me and Lisa laughed.

"Your mom is correct baby. So, let's play after eating lunch?" Lisa said while kissing the two girls' cheeks.

"Yehey! But SungJae is still sleeping on Santa's shoulder! Look!" Tsuyu pointed on Lisa's father's direction. Aigoo! She mistakenly took Lisa's father as Santa because he's so tall and has a big tummy. Lisa and I laughed out loud again.

"SungJae will play with us later when he woke up. By the way, where is Tae-Tae?" I asked them.

"He's pooping unnie because he ate a lot while hiding under the table earlier." Jihyo whispered as if it's a serious secret to be kept. I chuckled hard. Oh God! I missed our babies so much.

"Yah! Lalisa Monkey Choi!!!!" everyone got startled when Seulgi came and dragged Lisa away from us without letting the latter speak. Luckily, she put down the two little girls on the ground before Seulgi came.

I grinned at the scene. Seulgi deserved a very good explanation from Lisa. She suffered a lot too because she loves her best friend so much.
_________
I didn't wait for Lisa anymore, Rosie, Jisoo, Mr. Manoban along with SungJae ate our lunch already also with the villagers. They were shy at first because they were intimidated by Lisa's father's presence, I can't blame them, he looks really expensive and respectable. But after showing his bubbly and joking side, the villagers began to be comfortable with him.

Lisa got his dad's playfulness and humor. We can't stop laughing on his jokes.

"Jennie." I turned around and saw Hanbin. I feel relieved finally seeing him.

"Oh, hiii Hanbinie! I was looking for you since earlier." I delightedly stated.

"Uhm, can we talk privately Jen?" he shyly asked.

"Yeah. Wait, let me drink water first." I just finished my lunch and I think it's a good timing to apologize to Hanbin about the last time.
______
We settled ourselves under a palm tree far from the villagers, they were quite too loud in there and we can't have a proper conversation when they are too noisy.

"Uhm, Hanbinie. I want to apologize about the last time. I'm too shocked that I even thought that my parents set me up again in an arranged marriage deal." I started the conversation.

"Ah. Yeah. It's okay. I was shocked too. I didn't know that you were the girl that our young master is talking about and I didn't also know that the Lisa you were pertaining was Miss Pranpriya." he explained weakly. Something is off about him.

"Are you sick Hanbin?" I worriedly asked while checking his temperature.

"Aniii. I am just a little uncomfortable. I want to tell you something so that I can let it go out of my system." he shakily uttered.

I held his shoulders, Hanbin has been a great friend. And I want to help him. "Tell me, what's bothering you?" I asked.

"If I didn't knew that you are my boss's daughter's girlfriend, I would have asked you to have a date with me." he said that made me lose grip on his shoulders.

"Aniyaaa! Don't get me wrong Jen.. But I have to admit that I started to like you a little.. But I'm glad it didn't came too deep. I am glad that I found out earlier that young master is in relationship with you. I understand your situation Jen.. Maybe I am just infatuated to you, you are a lovely and nice woman. You are brave and strong, it's hard not to have a crush on you but again, don't get me wrong. I am just saying this so that I can let go of my feelings towards you since it's only still a little.. I know you love Lisa so much and she loves you too. She even made this island beautiful because of you.. I hope we can still be friends Jen." Hanbin sincerely stated.

I smiled at him assuring that everything between us is okay. It's not a big deal after all and I am glad he admitted it, I can help him to move on too.

I stood up and pulled him up."You are a great guy Hanbin and a true friend. Thank you for being there when I was down.. But you deserve a girl that is so much more than me.. I'm glad that you are brave enough to admit your feelings knowing how cocky you are!" I said while slapping his arms. We both chuckled hard.

I opened my arms to hug him which he gladly accepted. I hugged him tenderly making him feel how grateful am I towards him."You are still my friend and nothing changed it." I whispered that made him caressed my back.

Not too long, I felt him stiffened under my hug and he mumbled something , "Young master.."

I quickly pulled myself out of the hug and look at the direction he was staring and there I saw an angry looking Lisa. She shook her head upon meeting my eyes and turned around to walk away from us.

Instead of feeling worried and nervous, I smirked and faced Hanbin, "Tsk. Someone is jealous. I have to get my monkey Hanbinie. See you around. And don't worry, I'll make sure you won't get fired." I winked at him and left him dumbfounded on his spot.

Lisa is jealous for the first time! Oh mo! I am ready for her punishment. Hihi.
____________________________

I am trying to make the remaining chapters long. I hope you still find this book interesting.

Thank you for the votes!! I love you! 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 15.2K 21
In which Jennie Kim breaks up with her boyfriend and goes back to Lisa because she just realizes that the one she truly loves is not him but her. **...
185K 4K 25
I hope you live a great life, see the world with my eyes Jennie, i will always love you - Lalisa Manoban I regret my words -Jennie Kim I still love h...
1M 28.8K 48
II 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒚𝒄𝒓𝒚 𝒌𝒂 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒈 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please respect and do not adapt and republish. Lisa g!p St...
43.6K 2.7K 9
The year Lisa turned 15, an unfortunate event caused her vision of colours to fade. Her family was left in debt so she decided to get a part-time job...