Demon Slayer: Frozen Butterfly

By xshadowmonx

In the Taisho era of Japan, we live in a world that is being ravaged by demons. Aokime, a strong hearted indi... More

Episode 1: The Butterflies!
Episode 2: The Final Selection!
Episode 3: The Embodiment of Fear!
Episode 4: Red Snow!
Episode 5: Dark Red Nightmare!
Episode 6: Breaking The Ice!
Episode 7: The Next Goal To Achieve!
Episode 8: Winter is coming!

Prologue

1.9K 33 1
By xshadowmonx

A/N: Welcome to my new story! That's right! I'm doing a Kimetsu No Yaiba story now because I've been so hyped for it especially now that it's been getting a lot of the attention that it deserves!
I hope you like it! Let's begin with the prologue!!

________________________________

A calm afternoon as the snow fell gently, we follow two individuals walking through the snowy woods, they were out hunting. A man and his son with axes in their hands slowly stalking prey in the distance. The man put his hand out, gesturing his son to stay low and remain quiet. In front of them were a few rabbits eating on a few berries in a bush.
"When in a situation like this, you must not make any loud noises and remain stay calm."
He whispered to his son as he holstered the axe and took out a bow with an arrow that he had on his back. Gently pulling the string back, he took a deep breath. The man stood calm, relaxed, and was still like water. It was like he was a statue before suddenly releasing the arrow at the perfect moment and skewed both rabbits with one swift strike.

The young man who was watching was amazed by the feat his father showed.
"Woah! That was amazing, Papa!"
"Yeah it was! One day you'll learn this to help me hunting animals as well. For now, we need to gather wood to keep us warm this winter."
The Father walked up to the rabbits and grabbed them to ensure they were put out of their misery.
His son was at a small skinny tree attacking it with the axe.
"Papa! Where did you learn to do that?"
"Oh it was thanks to one of my senseis back then. He taught me all I needed to know about surviving in the winter."
"Wow!"

The two began to chop down some trees for wood that could help them stay warm. The Father would take his son out to teach him how to hunt and gather important materials in order to ensure survival for both himself and his family. A natural father and son bonding time. As his son was taking down one more tree, he called out to his Father.
"Papa! I got the last one!"
"Perfect, Aokime! Looks like we got just enough. Let's head back home."
Before walking back home, a giant shadow figure emerged as it stood behind Aokime. Unaware of the figure behind him, his father yelled.
"Aokime! Run!"
Before pulling out his bow and shot a few arrows at it.
When Aokime turned around, he looked up at the monster and realized it was a giant grizzly bear. The creature let out a ferocious roar which left Aokime stunned in fear. Within that second that Aokime was standing frozen from shock, his Father came in and grabbed his son by his haori and launched him away from the dangerous monster. The bear was ready to strike with it's giant claws at Aokime's father which made Aokime scream out to his father in horror.

It was quiet, so quiet you can hear the crackling of the snowflakes crashing against the trees. Everything was still, until the bear fell straight to the ground as Aokime's father simply stepped to the side to avoid being crushed by the bear's corpse. It all happened so quickly that not even Aokime could register the sudden turn of events that occurred before his every eyes. Still stunned from it all before snapping back to reality when his father came to check on his son and making sure he was ok.
"Aokime... are you ok? The bear isn't going to hurt you anymore I promise."
"Papa... how did you do that?"
With a small chuckle he patted his son on the head.
"That's the training of our family's lineage. A fighting style to face any creature without fear."
"Can you teach me that Papa!?"
There was a slight pause, but he knew that there would come a day where he will have to pass down the same teachings he was taught onto his son. However, it wasn't the usual training many would expect but it help create strong samurais in Japan.

Aokime's Father, Kenichi Nishikawa, is known as the "Ice Hashira" or "The Winter Demon Hunter". Kenichi was well known for his strength and durability as he mastered a very strong breathing style known as "The Breath of Ice" or "Ice Breathing Technique." He uses this swords style to take on monsters that been causing chaos all over Japan, known as Demons. He is part of the Demon Slayer Corp. for years, fighting to protect the innocent and eliminate the demons. The Demon Slayer Corp. is a group of swordsmen that are equipped with nichirin blades, weapons created with Scarlet Crimson Iron Sand and Scarlet Crimson Ore that both located on the highest mountain known as the Sunlight Mountain. These weapons were created to slay demons since traditional weaponry would have no effect on them. Within the time period, there was a specific style of swordsmanship that would give these members a fighting chance against the demons. The "Breathing Styles" founded long ago by several legends of the Corp. who would usher in an era for humans to combat the threats. However, a looming evil continues to grow over the lands, and creating more devastating obstacles for the slayers to deal with.

Following back Aokime and Kenichi, they were returning back home after the long day. Upon opening the door, they were greeted by a beautiful woman with pale blue hair and crystallized sapphire eyes.
"Welcome back! How did the hunting go?"
"Mama! Mama! Papa was so cool! He hit two rabbits with one arrow and we then we got attacked by a bear! A real scary large bear, but Papa saved me and killed the bear with one hit and it fell over like a tree! It was amazing!"
At first his Mother flinched when she heard that they were attacked by a bear, but she remembers who he husband was and was calm about it.
"Oh my! That must have been scary for you. Good thing your Father was there to save you."
"Yeah! Best of all, he is going to teach me how to use the blade just like he does!"

His mother, Anoki Nishikawa, had Miso soup ready for us as she turned to hear my news. Her face wasn't all too amused as she gave a menacing glare to Kenichi.
"Sorry for not consulting you first about this, Anoki."
"Honey, are you sure you want to do that? It's not an easy thing to learn. It took your father years to master the skill set he has."
As she knelt down to look her son straight in the eyes.
"I am worried that it will be a very harsh training you will have to go through in order to master it all. You sure you want to do that?"

It was understandable why his mother felt that way, but something inside Aokime was just ready to do whatever it takes to learn it all.
"Yes Mama! I want to be just as strong as you and Papa! That way we all can be safe!"
Kenichi and Anoki chuckled as they saw their son's excitement.
Anoki was also a member of the demon slayer corp. but retired temporarily when Kenichi and Anoki got married. She chose to retire to take care of their future child as the head of the Demon Slayer Corp. gave them support and protection under the condition that Kenichi continued on with his role as the Hashira. Without any objections, Kenichi accepted and helped his wife Anoki to have a home safe from any and all kinds of danger out in the world.

"I can't believe my young man is going to be training with his Father. Please be gentle on him, Kenichi."
"Don't worry Anoki, I promise that Aokime will be the best swordsman of the family and be as strong as his father."
"Well he better be strong enough to protect us both." As she was rubbing her numb on her stomach.
They all shared a good laughed before beginning to eat the food that was prepared. Sharing a warm soup in the winter was a common family afternoon to help them keep warm in the winter.

To ensure the safety of civilians, the Demon Slayers honor a code to do whatever it takes to keep the demons away from humans. With their Nichirin blades, they accepted the task and responsibility that comes with putting their life on the line. Sacrificing anything and everything to push them forward to the very end.

[Demon Slayer: Frozen Butterfly]
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Reitō chō

Art by Mico!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

790K 31.3K 59
🎈「 You led an ordinary life as a typical girl, deeply engrossed in the world of anime and manga, with a profound love for martial arts. Sadly, your...
61.3K 1.3K 34
(Y/n) had always been maltreated by her family. When her mother was murdered, she was left alone with her dad and was continually tormented by him. (...
102K 5.7K 143
If you wanna understand this more, please read the first one "Priceless Smile". May you all enjoy reading! I apologize again in advance for the missp...
6.9K 230 14
☆------------------------------☆ This story talks about the life of a demon slayer who's only goal was to fix the relationship she had with her remai...