Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player

By XMagicX

If someone had told me that Jesse Larson, the schools biggest douche bag had lost his sight, I probably would... More

Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Prologue.
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 1
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 2
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 3
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 4
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 5
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 6
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 7
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 8
Author's Note ~ New Story :) (IGNORE)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 9
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 10
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 12
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 13
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 14
Saving Sarah Re-Upload! :D (IGNORE)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 15
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 16
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 17
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 18
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 19
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 20
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 21
ANOTHER New Story :)
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 22
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Epilogue
Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Final Author's Note (Cancelled FOR NOW)

Close Your Eyes, Mr. Player ~ Chapter 11

8.2K 153 18
By XMagicX

Chapter 11

When we got to his house, I was a little shocked to see Lucas' parents weren't home. They usually never leave the house. I didn't bother saying anything though, and I just let him lead me inside. I stepped into his familiar house, my nose suddenly burning with the smell of freshly burned coals from his fireplace. As he went to go find us a movie, I started up the fire again. 

When the fire was burning, I sat down on the ground, holding my palms out to warm them because of the frigid air outside. Lucas soon came back, and put the movie in, and turned on the TV which was right above us. 

He dropped down on the floor next to me, and we both leaned back against the couch. I smiled as he slipped one arm over my shoulder. I leaned into his side, breathing in the fresh scent of his cologne. "Thanks for this," I said as the opening previews started. "Today was such a good day," I said, giving him a soft kiss on the cheek. 

He smirks at me. "I'm just full of surprises," he says, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I shake my head and slap his chest. He just chuckles at me, kissing the top of my head softly. I smile and lean into his side, savoring his warmth and the smell of him. I wrapped my arms around his waist not wanting to have any space in between us. All  thoughts I may have had about Jesse instantly vanished as Lucas and I snuggled by the couch.

"So what did you do all week?" I asked him.

I snuggled even further into his side as I listened to his story of how he had bee hiking the majority of the week. I remember laughing when he told me a snapping turtle almost bit off his finger when he tried to feed it a chip. And even the story of when he saw a bear and it started to chase him through the woods. I hadn't been worried because I knew that Lucas knew how to take care of himself. And even though they'd disappeared, thoughts of Jesse continued to peek into my mind. 

No matter how many times I tried to ignore it,  the feelings and thoughts of Jesse overpowered everything else I thought or felt. In all honesty, being with Jesse was probably one of the craziest, stupidest things I'd ever done. But it had also made me feel alive and young and sexy. Both of them made me feel more loved than I'd ever felt, but when I was with Jesse, it was like nothing else existed. It felt right sitting with Lucas now. But there was something else in me, telling me I should be with Jesse. In his arms, kissing him. I suddenly got a sickness in the pit of my stomach, and I snapped out of my thoughts, pulling away form Lucas. 

He frowned slightly, placing a hand on my arm. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, rubbing my arm in a comforting gesture. I just shook my head and he stood me up, hugging me tightly to his chest. "Hey, how about I drive you home?"

I nodded numbly, and let me lead him out of the house. 

~Jesse~

I let Damien lead me up the stairs of Melody's house, and I already regretted it. I tried so many times earlier to get him to turn the car around and take me home, but he refused, telling me that I had to get it over with now. If she rejected me, then that was that. But if she gave me another chance, I better as hell not screw it up. 

Hell, I don't think a girl had ever gotten me this worked up before. She was definitely special. I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and straightened myself up as Damien pounded on the door. "Dude, you could've given me a couple minutes to think about what the fuck I'm going to say," I said through clenched teeth, earning a chuckle from my best friend.

"Good luck man," he murmured to me once the door opened. "Hey Skipper," he said to someone, before patting my back and escaping back down the stairs. I cleared my throat and tried my best to smile behind my nerves. 

I heard the girl sniff. "Um, not to be rude, but who the heck are you?" she asked, an odd familiarity to her voice that reminded me a lot of Melody. 

This made smiling so much easier, and I pulled off my glasses, hoping my eyes were looking at her. "Well, you must be Melody's sister... Skipper?" I guessed, leaning against the door frame. She silently agreed. "Your sister wouldn't happen to be here would she?" I asked, dodging the question, hoping she would just let me talk to Melody. 

"You didn't answer my question."

I tightened my jaw. "The name's Jesse. Now answer mine," I said, matching her tone, adding a light smirk.

She let out a nasty scoff and the smirk instantly fell from my face. I straightened up, suddenly feeling nervous all over again. "So you're the infamous Jesse. Why don't you come in?" she said. I pressed my lips together and stepped in, stuffing my hands as far into my pockets that they would go. I listened to her walking and followed her, praying to God that I wouldn't trip over a table and break something. 

"Just sit down there. The couch is right behind you," she said from somewhere to my right. I nodded and sat down, glad when I actually felt the couch beneath me. I propped my arm up on the arm rest, laying my left ankle over my right knee. "Now why are you suddenly interested in being infatuated with my sister?" she asked, with a bitterness to her voice. 

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips. "What the hell? 'Infatuated'? Sorry kid, but what's withe the big words, aren't you like, eleven?" I asked, suddenly incredibly amused. 

She growled. "Fourteen."

Shit. "Oh. Well, still, why the hell do you sound like you've lived through ancient times?" I asked, smiling at the interesting girl that was Melody's sister. At least I hoped I was. "You remind me a lot of your sister," I explained, images of Melody or at least of what I thought she looked like flashing through my mind. 

"Well, we're more alike then she's like to think. I guess I've been through a lot," she exclaimed, her voice suddenly not so touch, and more strained. "But that has nothing to do with anything right now. What I want to know before I tell you what you need to hear is why you want to see or be with my sister or use her or whatever the hell it was you want," she said, suddenly sounding harsh again.

Ouch, that hurt. I guess Melody had spoken about me. That just made this so much easier. "Well, I'm going to be blunt, and just say that I think I'm in love with your sister. And I'm guessing she hates my guts..." I said, trailing off as the thought brought tears to my eyes. I forced them back, refusing to appear weak in front of this girl. 

I heard Skipper sigh and shift her weight on the couch. "Jesse, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think I have a choice right now. I can't just let you make a fool of yourself because from what I've heard, you have a tendency to, well, er... lash out?" she said it more like a question as if she was trying very hard to choose her words carefully.

Still. I was scared out of my mind what she was going to say next. A part of me didn't want to know.

"Jesse I've heard enough about you that I really should hate you a lot more than I do, but for some reason I just find myself feeling sorry for you," she said sympathetically. I nodded stiffly, not wanting to show any signs of any emotion. "I know what you've done, how you've treated my sister and I think that it was all a load of bullshit that should never have happened. I also want you to know that if she were sitting in this room right now I wouldn't even hesitate to defend her in lashing out at you. But she isn't here, so luckily you're off the hook," she said. 

I blinked. "Where is she?"

I thought I could hear the smirk in her voice but I wasn't sure. "She's out with her boyfriend. And I suggest you not ask me about that again. But for the important part. My sister basically told me herself that she would never date you in a million years. So I'm going to ask you very simply to stop following her around a puppy dog. Seriously. It's kind of depressing."

I clenched my jaw together. "She didn't say that. There's no way," I said, my hands clenching into fists at my sides. I tried my best to calm myself but it wasn't happening. 

"Yes, yes she did," Skipper said, absolutely no sympathy left in her voice. "Now there may be things that have happened between you two since she said that to me, but I can tell she's head over heels for Lucas. Now I suggest you simply find someone else who can love you with your... disability." 

Her words stung like ice pressed against my skin. "Did she say that too?" I asked with a sneer.

"I don't think it would make a difference would it?" 

I took a deep breath and shook my head. "No. It wouldn't," I said, still forcing back my tears. I stood up and slipped my sunglasses back on before she could see the wetness in my eyes. "Think you can lead me to the door?" I asked her, wanting to get out of there as fast as possible. 

I heard her get up and I followed the sound of her footsteps to the door. 

~Melody~

I gave Lucas a quick kiss as I got out of the car, and watched him drive off down the road. I stood in the driveway just giving a moment to myself before turning towards my door, just in time for Jesse to come bursting out of the door, bounding down the stairs just in time to bump right into me. He caught me before I fell to the ground. 

"Hey! Jesse, what are you doing here?" I said, shocked to see him. But I remembered our little fight and I instantly regretted saying anything after 'hey'. 

He didn't seem to happy that he'd bumped into me, and I instantly felt my skin burn. "Hey Melody. Nothing, I'm just going home and spending a million years in my room. Then maybe I'll come out," he said, his voice sounding bitter and hateful. I actually flinched at the sound of his voice and couldn't help but notice all the hate was directed at me. 

I cleared my throat. "Sorry, I don't, um, I actually don't get it..." I stammered, trying to find words that wouldn't make me sound like an idiot. I bit my tongue but instantly tasted blood and tried not to let my tears show. But then I remembered he couldn't see me, and I let a tear slide down my cheek.

He laughed a loud, cold, bitter laugh and the tears poured. "Melody it doesn't matter! God, I'm not going to bother you anymore, so whatever!" he shouted right in my face. I wanted to beg him to stop, and to just hold me in that instant, but I knew it wasn't happening. "I'm sorry I bothered you at all. I'm sorry how I treated you and I'm sorry I fell in love with you, but I promise you won't have to worry about it anymore," he said. And before I could speak, he was gone. 

I heard the loud rumble of thunder above, and rain started pouring down. I couldn't move. I just stood and let the rain pour down my face, mixing with my tears. I felt the presence of someone behind me and I turned my head to see the one person I knew had ruined everything. 

Skipper looked down at me, her eyes shiny and wet, her face sombre. "Melody. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen!" she said as I stormed into the house past her, ignoring every single word that came out of her mouth. I sprinted up the stairs and slammed the door to my room, ignoring her voice calling me from the bottom of the stairs.

I ran over to my bed and fell into the pillows, crying my eyes out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AGAIN! I apologize for the long awaited upload, but it is FINALLY HERE! YAY! I apoloze again if it's short, but I tried my best to finish it for you! Also, kepe an eye out for something ill be uploading soon. NOT a story if ur wondering :P 

So remmeber to Vote and Comment because you guys are so amazing at that and I love hearing what you have to say! BYEBYE! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 760 47
He just stood there. Looking at me. The way I had reacted had put him in a state of shock. "I... I um," Every word I had learned from pre-school to n...
4.8M 106K 41
I wouldn't trade my best friend for anyone else in the world. He's amazing, funny, supportive, and everything that is great. He can be a little prote...
707 4 36
Sam: 'Let's have a private chat and no one will come to know.' Aims: 'What do you mean?! :P' Sam: 'I mean you get me high and make me explode and no...