Into The Woods

By Jace1002

A BeChloe Short Story More

Author's note
The Reunion
The Feelings
The Past (Part I)
The Past (Part II)
The Past (Part III)

The Confession

471 26 8
By Jace1002

As soon as Chloe arrived to their house she went straight to her mom's office.

"Mom!" she call out while barging in to the office, Stacie just quietly following behind.

Mrs Beale stopped what she's saying and turn her head to her daughter, raising her eyebrow, sitting on her office chair.

"Oh, the 'best friend' is here" you can hear the sarcasm on Chloe's words. Stacie just huffed crossing her arms, she's standing behind Chloe, who's sitting across to Aubrey, crossing her arms, they are in front of her mom office table.

"What's going on?" Mrs Beale asked with a frown.

"You know, I've been waiting and looking for her for the past decades" Chloe ignore her mom. "The last time we saw each other is not yet ten years" she really mad at Aubrey. "Why didn't you tell me" she said quietly.

"Talk" Stacie demand, looking at Aubrey.

"Okay ladies, I know what's happening now" her mom interfere, nodding her head. "Don't be mad at her" she place her hand on her daughter's shoulder.

Chloe look at her mom "You know about this?!"

Mrs Beale retract her hand, raising them in defense. "I do, I didn't tell you. It's not that you can easily run into her"

"At least I know where she is and probably make a way to, run into her" she quote her mom words, rolling her eyes.

"That's the reason why I didn't tell you" her mom said in calming voice. "She got deployed on different countries, fought some war" she look her daughter in the eyes "I asked Aubrey to not tell you, even she begged me to, saying it's a way for you to talk to her again and eventually forgive her, same goes with you" she look up to Stacie "But, I didn't let her"

"I found Beca, just two years after the incident" Aubrey informed. "I told to your mom right away but, your mom didn't let me" she said looking at Chloe, who remain quite, absorbing the information.

Chloe look back to her mom, eyes are starting to cry. "Why? Why mom?"

"If Beca was not in the army, I'll tell you as soon as Aubrey told me. I know what you can do, bug. You can go to her whatever it takes and I can't risk my daughter to be away from me, running to a war to see her love of her life"

"But, I'll be careful"

"I know you will but I don't wanna lose you" she reach for her daughter's hand. "And that is also the reason why I sent Aubrey, for her to make sure, the love of my daughter's life is safe and alive"

"With all due your respect" Stacie interfere looking in to Mrs Beale "Can I just say something?" Mrs Beale nod, Stacie look at Aubrey "I know you choose the, most powerful side" she quote the words Aubrey used to her before "But if you are trying to make it up to us, specially Chloe, why didn't you tell it to us when you were here, to be exact nine years ago?"

Aubrey scoffed "As if you let me" she look up to Stacie "I tried remember, but you were ignoring me, even Chloe. I also tried to say it through a letter but Flo told me you guys won't accept my letter and asked her to burn it. So I give up. You guys never see me the same before after the incident" she look at Mrs Beale "I'm not saying I made a mistake at all following you, but I regret it"

"I understand, Aubrey. I really do. I regret my actions as well before but we can't change what already happen, but we can change what it's going to happen in the future. We've talked about this"

"I'm sorry, Mrs Beale"

"No, I'm sorry. You lost your friends because of me" Aubrey just smile

Chloe, Stacie and Aubrey grew up together. Aubrey is like a butler for the Beale family. Stacie is daughter of one of Chloe's parents partners. They were friends and very close to each other, specially Stacie and Aubrey and Chloe to Stacie but after what happen twenty years ago, their friendship fall apart. Chloe and Stacie act like they don't know Aubrey.

"I'm really sorry, bug. I know this past two decades was hard for you but again, I regret what I did back then and what I did to Aubrey" Mrs Beale said to her daughter.

"I'm sorry too, specially to you Stacie" Aubrey injected.

"I'm not really sure if I can forgive you, yet" Stacie said looking Aubrey.

"I understand"

"I forgive you mom, I understand why you did it" Chloe said to her mom before she look at Aubrey "And as for you, I can't fully forgive you at the moment, but thank you for protecting Beca"

"I understand but for the record, Beca saved my ass more times than I did to her. Just don't tell her about that" Aubrey chuckles. "Also, I hope this makes you feel better. Beca never dated anyone or slept to anyone. She always tell me that somethings not right. She can't tell what it is, but I know it was you. Even she can't remember you, she can still feel you. She love you, Chlo"

Chloe beams hearing those words, she felt some weight left off of her shoulders.

"Thanks for that, that means a lot"

"No problem. If you want to know something about her, just let me know" Aubrey offer.

"Well, this ended a lot better than I expected" Mrs Beale mused. "So, I heard you went to their cabin and had, lunch. How did it go?" her mom asked Chloe excited.

Chloe chuckles before she tell her about what happen and they talk a lot more about Beca and Aubrey told about more information she could share to Chloe regarding Beca.

Next morning roll down, Chloe is on her bed reading a book when her phone chime. Picking it on her night stand, she smiles at name shows on her screen, she open the message and read the text, her smiles grew but then fade away as she finish reading it.

Beca: Good morning, Chloe. It's Beca, I hope you had a great sleep. Anyway, I don't really want to start your morning to be like, I don't know how to describe it but I can't wait for few more hours. We need to talk. You can come to our cabin whenever you want, but I really appreciate if I can talk to you today. I'm sorry if this ruin your morning.

Chloe's mind is racing a lot of thoughts. She seems pretty serious? What she could possible want to talk about? It is about us? Chloe smiles again thinking Beca want to talk about them. Probably not, she will be like sweet and all but not like this.

Later that late afternoon, Chloe did not response to Beca until minutes before she decided to go to the Mitchell's cabin. She got a couple of message from Beca apologising if she freaked her out. She also mention to forget the message.

Chloe talked to her mom before she went to the cabin. They made a deal before regarding Beca and they discussed it. And here she is, standing at front door of the Mitchell's cabin.

"Do you really need to come with me?" Chloe annoyingly asked her mom.

"We made a deal remember" her mom remind her "Besides, I need to see and get to know the family of my daughter in law" she tease.

"Some times I want the old you, the one who seems to not care about me" she retort.

"Ow!" her mom clench her chest "You wound me" Chloe just roll her eyes before she knock.

"Oh, hi" Emily open the door. She seems not happy to see the younger redhead and both readheads sense it.

"Hey, Emily" she greets with enthusiasm, ignoring th coldness of the of the brunette. "Is Beca there?"

"Yes" Emily look at Mrs Beale

"Oh, this is my mom. She said she want to meet Beca"

"Why?"

"I just want to personally thank her for giving my daughter shed from the rain the other night when she's in the middle of the woods and for inviting her to be with her family yesterday. I really like to meet the family, based on my daughter's story, nice and welcoming" Mrs Beale smiles but deep inside she want to strangle the woman in front of them.

"What taking you so long?" Beca asked pulling the door open wide. "Am I hallucinating?" she look at Chloe then to Mrs Beale back and fort.

Chloe giggles. "Mom, this is Beca. Beca, my mom"

"It is nice finally to meet you" Mrs Beale greets.

"Oh, nice to meet you too Mrs Beale" Beca shake her hand "Sorry, I thought I'm seeing two Chloe"

"It's ok dear, we really look a like"

"Yeah, but not the eyes" she look at her eyes to Chloe's, who smile at her "Oh, come in" she step aside with Emily to let them in "Tell mom to make more dinner" she told Emily who went to kitchen. She lead the two redheads to the living room. 

"Oh, I didn't know you have twin sister" John greets when he saw them.

Chloe smiles "John, this is my mom" she look at her mom "He's Beca's dad"

"John" Beca's dad said shaking Mrs Beale's hand.

"Diane" Chloe's mom said.

They took their seats, Beca, Chloe and Diane seats on the couch while John is on the loveseat. Diane and John talks and their child join them once in a while but Chloe and Beca are not talking to each other.

Beca really want to talk to Chloe but she want them to be alone. While Chloe just waiting for Beca.

After an hour or so, Emily told them dinner is ready. They are now in the dinning area. John on the head table across to Benji, Brad sitting on his lap. On his left side, he's wife next to Emily across them, Diane, Chloe and Beca. They are compressed to fit in their small dinning table.

Dinner went well and conversation is spontaneous, everyone is joining. The Mitchells learned that Diane is a business woman and has only daughter, which Chloe who's going to replace her mom soon and shared childhood embarrassing memories of their own child. They continue the story in the living room after dinner.

"That's when Beca crawl under her bed and hide there" John end her story laughing.

"In my defense, I'm just five years old that time" Beca whine.

"Hey Brad, do you find vacuum scary?" John asked her grandson sitting on the ground playing her toy car.

"Nope, but I don't want to see it" the child curl on her mother's side.

"See" Beca point out.

"He said, he's not, just don't want to see it"

"Whatever" she cross her arms and huffed.

"Don't worry, you are still my mighty mouse" Chloe tease and the room roar with laughter.

Diane's phone went off. "We have to go" she informed after she talk on the phone.

"Mrs Beale can Chloe stay for tonight?" Beca asked nervously.

"Really, bud? You just met her mom and your asking for her daughter to stay here, in your room?" John teased, his wife slap his arm.

"Dad! Could you just!" Beca look on Diane, blushing "That's not what I meant"

"I know, Beca. And it's fine with me" Diane smirks "Though, I really like to have grandchildren running around, but it's still early for that" she warns with a wink.

It's Chloe's turn to scold. "Mom! We are not. Besides, as if Beca could get me pregnant"

They laughed they exchange few more banter before Diane bid her goodbye.

Beca and Chloe are now in Beca's room. Chloe to sit on the bed.

"What do want us to talk?" Chloe asked, feeling comfortable on the bed while eying Beca grabbed a chair and sits in front of her.

"Promise me to tell nothing but the truth"

"What is this all about?" she nervous chuckles. She have an idea where this talk going to lead but want to make sure they are on the same page.

"Please, enough with laying and I just want the truth" Beca said in all seriousness.

"Tell me first what is this all about?" she said in serious tone.

"You and me, and what happen twenty years ago"

"I can tell you the truth with you and me, but I don't have idea about the twenty years ago"

"Let's see. First of all" Beca stand to get the thing Emily gave to her yesterday and hand it to Chloe, going back to her seat. "Do you know when that photo taken?"

Chloe look on the frame, she's shocked to see the photo but didn't show it to Beca.

The photo shows Chloe sitting on the the floor between Beca's legs, her back pressed on Beca's front. Beca's arms around Chloe's waist, Chloe's right hand on Beca's arm, her left was on Beca's nape. Chloe looking to her side facing Beca, their nose nearly touching, looking to each other's eyes with smile on their lips. They are really happy.

Chloe smile internally at the memory behind the photo. It was the day after they officially dating. They just pull apart from their sweet kiss after playing a board game with Emily.

'Emily probably took the photo' Chloe thought.

"Yesterday?" Chloe lied.

"We didn't sit like that yesterday and this is an old picture" Beca point out. "The odd thing is, in the photo you look like in your early twenties and looking at you right now, you look like just in your late twenties but me look young, teen in the photo and now I look older than you. Why is that?"

"I don't know?" she stick on her lie.

"Tell me, are you the one in that photo" Beca trying to be calm.

"Maybe? I'm not sure. Maybe it's just look like me" she shrugged.

"Could you give me a definite answer" she getting agitated "This photo was taken here, in the living room. You knew where to go as well in this cabin. I will ask again, do you know when that photo taken?"

"I don't really know what is this all about"

Beca sighed and run her hand on her face. "This is difficult that I thought"

"Becs" she tried to coax her.

"No, Chloe" her voice is a bit loud "I get it, you don't want to tell me but this is bothering me ever since I met you" she stand up and went to the window, hands on her window frame, she bow her head and took a deep breath, before she look outside.

Chloe is now standing behind her, feeling guilty on her action but she need to do it. She wanted to know if she's still the same Beca she knew, the Beca she loved and most importantly, the Beca who loved her, unconditionally.

"My mind and feelings are messed up ever since I saw you" Beca said quietly. "I mean, they were already messed up before I met you but now it is worst" she took a deep breath "I always felt looking for something that I don't know but when I saw you, I know I'm looking for someone and that's probably you"

Chloe slowly walking to the brunette.

"I have this feeling that I never felt before to anyone but I know I've felt it before to you but I'm not really sure" Beca chuckles "I know it does not make any sense"

"No, I get it" Chloe assured.

"No!" she turn around. "You don't" she lean back to the window. "You don't know what it feels missing a memory that you know it is important to you. You don't know the feeling that you like someone but you are not sure if it's true or not because of your messed up mind and feelings" her voice is getting louder and louder. She deep breaths. "I just need answers, Chloe. The truth" she said in calm voice.

"I will, but you need to answer me first"

Beca sighed. "Sure, but please be honest with me" she look into her eyes.

"I promise"

"Then, shoot"

"What do you feel about me?" she asked locking her eyes to Beca's.

"Like I've said, I'm not sure"

"Forget about the weird feeling or the missing memory and answer my question"

Beca took a minute before she was able to answer. "I-I, I like you Chloe and being with you make me feels it is right. I never dated anyone because I felt it was wrong and like I'm seeing someone behind someone's back, like I'm cheating at her, you know. But with you, I don't feel anything like that but contentment and happiness"

Chloe smile at her. Beca open hands for Chloe to hold, and she did.

"I really like you, Chloe. I never felt this to anyone before. I don't know you yet but I trust you and I think...I love you"

Chloe sighed with relief and smiles at Beca before she cups her cheeks and kiss her hard on the lips. Beca taken a back, she rest her hands on Chloe's waist after a moment and kiss Chloe back. Beca deepen the kiss, fighting for dominance, where she won. Chloe wraps her arms around Beca's neck, feeling all the love they have for each through the kiss. They pull away when oxygen is needed. Both panting, foreheads are lean to each other, eyes are close.

"I've been dying to do that since I left your here twenty years ago" Chloe whisper. Beca leans in to capture Chloe's lips to hers, it's gentle and slower this time.

"I think it's time for story telling" Beca said between kisses. "Then I can say as well, I've been dying to do that since you left me twenty years ago"

Chloe giggles and smile between their kiss. Chloe felt Beca's hands on the back of her thighs and slightly tap them. Chloe got the signal, she jumps on Beca and wrap her legs around Beca. Beca hold her tight, slowly walking to the bed. She gently lay Chloe on the bed.

"Where you are going?" Chloe asked when she felt Beca is pulling away from her.

"I didn't bring you to bed to do that" Chloe slap Beca's arm.

"I'm not that pervert like you"

"I thought you were" she tease. Chloe crossed her arms and pout. Beca kissed her pouty lips. "I'm just kidding. You have story to tell me" They sit up, back on the headboard.

"How did you get that photo first?" she point to the photo on the chair.

"Emily look for it after you left yesterday. She told me that she has this feeling she know you, and she was right" she look at Chloe. "She told me, she saw that few years ago underneath this bed"

"Emily took it" Chloe said lost in her own thoughts.

"She's the one took that photo?"

"Yes, you lose in our game with Emily but you said, you are still a winner, 'cause you have me" Beca cringe. "Yeah I know you don't like cheesy stuff and you're a badass but for me you are not"

"You're making up story" Chloe giggles, she straddle Beca. "What are you doing?"

"Just look in my eyes Becs and tell me if I'm making up stories"

"I really love your eyes" she smiles and kissed Chloe's lips before she look back to Chloe's eyes.

"Wait" Chloe pull lean back a bit. "Do you believe and not scared for any supernatural thing? Specifically vampires?"

"A friend of mind told me they are real and I think I met already one" Beca grin.

"I wanna know who's this vampire you met"

"I think you know her"

"Tell me then" Chloe lean forward cupping Beca's cheeks to look on her eyes.

Once Chloe done showing to Beca her missing memory, Beca push away gently Chloe off of her, not able to look at her. It took Beca few minutes before she was able to look at Chloe and talk to her. Chloe just patiently waiting for her.

"Now I know why I do feel committed to someone, because I am" Beca said smiling, pulling Chloe to her, kissing her passionately.

Once they pull away when air is needed, Beca kissed Chloe's forehead. "I've been dying..." she kissed her nose. "To do that..." she kissed her lips. "Since you left..." she kissed her lips again. "Twenty years ago"

Chloe smiles in between kisses, loving the feeling that she can finally kiss Beca and be with her whenever she want.

Chloe smiles. "I love you too" brushing their nose together.

Beca chuckles. "I haven't said it yet"

"Yes, you did. Twenty years ago" Chloe pull away, looking to Beca's eyes. "And I want to say it back"

"You can say it now anytime you want" she kissed Chloe. "We didn't break up or anything. So...you are my girlfriend, right?"

"Yes" Chloe smiles. "I'm still your girlfriend. Even if you'll ask me again to be your girlfriend, I will say yes again. Hundred times"

"Come here" Beca pull Chloe again to straddle her and kiss her. Beca pull away leaning her forehead to Chloe, looking to her eyes.

"I love you, Chloe Beale"

"I love you too, Beca Mitchell"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.3K 865 24
Bechloe and Sendrick one shots
99.8K 2.9K 17
Chloe has a secret that nobody knows, until now.
29.6K 798 16
beca gets 'drunk' after a long party revealing her 'true feelings' to her best friend Chloe - Chloe's shocked to find out that beca 'doesn't' remembe...
22.4K 649 24
|?Beca and Chloe? OR ?Beca and Aubrey?|