The Lady of Rivendell

By hamhamilgay

Lord Elrond x OC It's the third age, and the battle for middle-earth is about to begin. The council has been... More

Chapter 1 - The Council
Chapter 2 - Goodbye Rivendell
Chapter 3 - Pass of Caradhras
Chapter 4 - The Mines of Moria
Chapter 5 - The Woods of Lothlorien
Chapter 6 - The Fellowship Of The Ring
Chapter 7 - Fangorn Forest
Chapter 8 - Edoras
Chapter 9 - To Helms Deep It Is
Chapter 10 - Calm before the Storm
Chapter 11 - The Battle for Helms Deep
Chapter 12 - Saruman's Tower
Chapter 13 - A Longing Celebration
Chapter 14 - Minas Tirith
Chapter 15 - The lighting of the Beacons
Chapter 16 - Forging of New Paths
Chapter 17 - Army of The Dead

Prologue...

3.7K 61 2
By hamhamilgay

Elrond looked longingly at the rogue elf-lady as she strolled through the garden. She had arrived after a long journey, her tale starting around her aid to the Elves in their battle against Sauron. She had travelled around Middle-Earth, fighting for the defenceless and good. He had offered her a place to stay after hearing of her valiant efforts to protect the lives of man, and all those in Middle-Earth.

In the short time that Elrond has known the woman, he had been enamoured in a way he hadn't thought possible since the passing of his wife. Of course he had only talked to Aloryssa a few times since her arrival, but nearly everything about her captivated him. 

As if she could sense him watching, she turned to look in his direction. He felt himself flush slightly, as a smile spread across her face. How was it that she could evoke such a reaction from him, the lord of Rivendell. 

He looked away, at the sound of footsteps, and saw his daughter enter the room. She had a small, knowing smile on her face. It was a strange delight to see her father act in such a way that she had not seen for an age, one that she could barely remember. It was an age she had missed. 

"Ada, I see you are otherwise occupied, I can return later to talk." She made to leave the room, but Elrond held up his hand, stopping her. 

"I am not busy at the moment, Iellig. Please, what worries you?"

Arwen approaches her father's desk, and looks out to the Elf that wonders through the garden.

"She has a brave soul, and I feel her heart is pure." Elrond hummed in agreement as a smile tugged at his lips. He had found none purer. 

"I see she has gained you affection..." This time, Arwen held her hand up to silence her father's protest, "I am relieved, it is about time that you have found someone to confide in. Besides, I feel as though I will come to enjoy her company in the future. You have my blessings, I hope you pursue you're happiness. And do not worry about the thoughts of others, it is only fair that you are loved by some one, as much as you love them. They will understand." 

Elrond took his daughters hands in his, "Guren glassui."

Arwen stretched higher to place a kiss on her father's head, before leaving him to his thoughts. 

-- -- -- -- -- -- 

It had been 3 weeks since his daughter had given her approval of the woman who had won her fathers affections. Elrond had worked on gaining Aloryssa's favour, but he could not see his attempted wooing having any affect. He was beginning to fear that she would soon wish to depart and begin her travelling again. 

He walked past the waterfall, its rushing waters soothing his nerves slightly. He mulled over the thought of his hearts desire. His thoughts straying to a multitude of possibilities, different futures that he wished to see become reality. So caught up, he nearly didn't hear the conversation occurring just beyond the small cover of tree's that separated pathways. 

"So, Lady Aloryssa, I see that my father has been trying to win you attention. Tell me, how is he fairing?" Elrond paused, and while  he normally abhorred the thought of listening to the conversation of others, he couldn't pull himself away. He leaned closer, listening intently.

"Well, uh, Lady Arwen, it's hardly appropriate for me to discuss this with you, his daughter..." It was a nervous and rushed answer. One that left the Lord of Rivendell disappointed. He heard his daughter chuckle in response.

"I do not intend on gossiping with the other elves about such matters, especially ones pertaining to my fathers personal relations. Besides, it is my only wish to see him happy, and I believe that you could help him achieve said happiness..." 

Elrond risked a looked between the foliage, and saw the blushing face of Aloryssa, as she stuttered a response. 

"I... I uh... He is, he.." She cleared her throat, nervously laughing. "He is doing very well, very well indeed."

"And is it safe to assume that you return his affections?"

"It would definitely be safe, yes." Aloryssa looked down, smiling as her cheeks were tinged red. He couldn't help it, a smile began to spread across his face, that is, until he, an elf of nearly perfect gracefulness, tripped over the root of a tree, landing in a rough pile.

The voices, and the footsteps stopped, at the sound of someone falling, behind the line of tree's. 

Aloryssa stepped forward anxiously, very aware that the person who had fallen over most likely heard her confession to Lady Arwen, "Who is there?"

There was a delay, as Elrond stood up, to brush the dirt off of himself, mentally cursing his carelessness. He sighed, straitening before parting the branches and stepping onto the path were the other elves were standing. Aloryssa's eyes widened slightly, her cheeks somehow deepening in their red colour.

Arwen considered the two carefully, before deciding that it was time for her to leave, " I see you have much to discuss."

There was a tense silence as she walked away, lasting until her footsteps could be heard no more. Aloryssa rushed to fill the awkwardness, at the same time, Elrond rushed to do the same.

"Lord Elrond, I would just like to apolo-"

"Lady Aloryssa, I am sorry fo-"

They  both stopped, and Aloryssa gestured for Elrond to speak.

"Lady Aloryssa, while I do believe it was disrespectful to listen to your conversation with my daughter, I will not apologise..." Aloryssa's eyes narrowed, mouth opening ready to argue against him, that he should in fact apologise for the intrusion, but quickly shut up, at what he said after. " I will not apologise, because it confirmed that my feelings for you are returned. If it does not offend you in any way, it would be my greatest honour if you were to formally accept my courtship." 

Aloryssa was not expecting this, and her mouth opened. Then it shut, then it opened. A sweet feeling, began to swim within her veins, and butterflies began to thunder in her stomach. 

"It would be an absolute delight, Lord Elrond." A smile cracked through her previously perplexed composure, and a sigh of relief left the male Elf.

He nodded.

"In that case, would you perhaps join me by my side during the feast tonight?"

"Of course, my Lord. I shall see you then." 

She had begun to hurry off, her normally stoic stature, one of a love struck teenager. 

"Lady Aloryssa!" She paused, looking back, "Please call me Elrond, I feel no need for titles around you."

"Only if you forget the lady before my name, my lord."

Elrond smiled and nodded in acknowledgement, watching as the female elf scampered around the corner. 

Arwen was just glad to be free of the two's constant longing stares and pining. It had begun to drive her insane. While she missed her mother, she was glad the Aloryssa had been able to capture her Ada's heart. She was sure that their feelings towards each other would grow.  

----- ----- ----- ----- 

Arwen was correct, as the pair grew closer, their love developing and becoming stronger than that of which many elves only dreamt of. 

Their years were spent nearly always together, in Rivendell, where they eloped with the approval of the other Elven leaders. The longest that they had been parted from each other, was the instance of the Battle of 5 Armies, when Aloryssa fought for the lives of men, defending the helpless. 

Which leads us to now, 60 years later...

~~~ 

Translations:

Ada - Father

Lellig - daughter

Guren glassui - My heart is glad

Little bit of freelance writing, but I am ready to write to the script!!

Just a heads up, I am not going to go too much into depth about Celebrian, but I am portraying her, though i do think otherwise, as unloving towards Elrond, in the end. I do this to provide a reason as to why Elrond's marriage to Aloryssa was blessed and allowed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.8K 77
A fellowship is formed to destroy the One Ring to save middle-Earth. They withstand lost, battles, war. What they hadn't reckoned was Ethir - lost bl...
392K 14.1K 47
" As wild as the Rangers of the North, as brutal as the Orcs, and as beautiful as the Elves." Evelyn is known as many things: a warrior, a...
345 1 16
When Saphie signs up for the fellowship of the ring, she knew that her first adventure from home would be different, but out of all the orc fighting...
501K 24.5K 81
"๐‘‚๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘…๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘š ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™. ๐‘ฉ๐’–๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’” ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’“๐’†." Daeriel knew that fate could be cruel. After all, she was o...