hatred // malec

By notyourbitchboybane

magnus and alec are popular. probably the most popular kids in school, actually. magnus is the hot and sweet... More

fuck you
fuck off
fuck me
fuck school
fuck rumours
chapter six
josh is acting strange
the truth finally comes out...sort of.
is it...me?
the truth finally comes out...for definite this time.
love is painful
hearts may be broken,
i. literally what-
by betrayal or deceit.
isolation; both physical, and mental.
justice meets jonathan.
je suis fini

is it too much?

2.8K 106 46
By notyourbitchboybane

(an: i don't really think i've described how josh looks before, so before we get into this chapter i'm gonna tell u!! he looks like a mixture of jordan dun and jacob bixenman. considering u probably won't know who they are, i will include photos below!)

left - jacob, right - jordan

shut up i know they look very similar okay now read the story an over

----------------------

alec walked home from josh's. it was almost one am, and was freezing out. he could've stayed the night, but he didn't want to cause josh any extra hassle.
josh had acted a little strangely when magnus was mentioned. maybe they had some history he didn't know of. but he could sense some sort of negative reaction when he checked his phone.
huh.

alec stepped quietly through his back door and sneaked into his room.

to find izzy sitting on his bed.

"where were you all night, brother dear?"
"iz, it's one am. it's not that late."
"i'm joking, i know you were at josh's. just wanted to know if...he knows."
alec swallowed. "no. not yet. but i feel like there's something josh is trying to tell me. he was acting pretty strange tonight if i'm honest."
isabelle raised her eyebrow. "oh? please do tell."
"he- any time i mentioned magnus, or something like, about relationships, he'd get really uptight. like i asked him how caitlin was doing and he said he loves her so much but there's something missing. he also kept being really quiet, which was odd."

knew it, thought izzy.
alec is completely oblivious.
josh is in love with him.

she didn't want to tell alec herself; she would give josh that chance. but she honestly didn't understand how alec couldn't see it. sometimes, her brother really did fit the stereotype of dumb jock.
"ah...i see..."
"you see what?"
"huh? nothing! have a good night!" gushed isabelle, smiling and abruptly leaving the room.

alec sighed.

what was up with everyone being so weird with him lately??

--------------

The OG Squad ✨✨:

cabbagepatch: GOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOORNING EVERYONE
bluebellcat: Well someone's in a good mood. Texted Raph first??
rasputinraph: this is why i dont like people
rasputinraph: also magnus why the fuck did you set my name as this
notyourbitchboybane: BECAUSE ITS FUNNY SORRY WE DON'T ALL HAVE ZERO SENSE OF HUMOUR, MR SANTIAGO

magnus smiled. it was the first time in a long time that he had properly been able to contact his friends, and all because of his new boyfriend. he was so happy with his life. there was literally nothing that could go wrong.

except for the fact that his dad was still not home.
magnus wasn't overly worried yet, although he was starting to get anxious. his dad was an awful person, but there was a reason. behind his personality was a depressed, fragile man, who thought abusing his son was the way to release his emotions. magnus knew the way he thought was toxic, but he couldn't help it.

he couldn't bring himself to fully hate his father.

he jumped out of bed and started getting ready. around half an hour later, when he'd eaten and washed, he sat in his room and pondered over what to wear. because of his happiness, he wanted something bold and bright. just as he was bending down to open a drawer, his phone started ringing.

incoming FaceTime call from: raphael🙄💖

"hey! raph! whatcha calling for?"
"details on how to change my user. now. or else."
magnus laughed. actually, he almost started choking.
"no. and what are you gonna do? verbally abuse me over the phone."
raphael still seemed unimpressed. "yes. also i know you. what are you worrying about now?"

magnus grinned. "what to wear! that's the problem with having so much-"
"good try. i mean the other thing. there's definitely something serious bothering you."

magnus sighed. "my dad wasn't in when i came home last night. he's not here this morning either."
raphael feel silent. he knew magnus still cared for the bastard, but he was furious. magnus was an amazing person who gave zero shits about himself. his father didn't help that.

"i'm sure he'll be fine. don't worry until after school. i have to go now, bye."

magnus took a deep breath.
hopefully raphael was right.

--------

"come on dude!! you gotta tell us."
"no!" simon said for what was probably the fifth time already. his friends were trying to find out what izzy was like.
"why not?" george asked. "she's hot as hell, that's for sure."
simon snapped. "do you guys know anything about her other than how attractive she is?! stop reducing her to her looks. she's so much more than that. she's an angel."
lily squealed. she was a massive hopeless romantic. "you guys are so cute together! i'm definitely going to the wedding."
"we've only had one date. and i'll probably mess up anyway."

a hand slid onto simon's shoulder. "i know you won't."
"isabelle! hey!"
all the boys flushed immediately as she flashed them a gorgeous toothy smile.
so did lily.
"come with me a sec?" she said. then followed it up with," babe?"
simon didn't get a choice and was dragged out.

"what are you doing?"
izzy looked confused. "taking you away for lunch?"
simon didn't bother pressing any further on the matter. whilst they were walking by, they heard a sound.

like someone moaning in pain.
and someone being hit.
and the sound of jonathan's voice.
isabelle motioned for simon to be quiet. they poked their heads around the corner and izzy felt sick.

"why," punch ,"the fuck," punch ,"did you do that?"
"i'm not- gonna do that to- to ale-"
the voice was cut off by another punch.

"josh!!" came alec's scream. it was so pained. isabelle watched him drop magnus's hand from the other end of the corridor and run to him, magnus not far behind. izzy and simon ran too.

magnus put himself in between jonathan and josh whilst alec tended to his closest friend. izzy smiled and spun around. the sound when her powerful kick met his jaw was satisfyingly wicked. she punched jonathan's stomach to really seal the deal. he lay on the ground, unable to move because of his pain.

meanwhile, tears were streaming down alec's face. josh was in a seriously bad state- nothing life threatening or the like, but it was definitely causing him a great amount of pain. there was blood...everywhere.
so much of it.

"hey jj? can you hear me alright? we're gonna get you to the hospital. you'll be okay. i swear. oh my god, i'm so sorry. you should've just done what he asked. i would've dealt with it. you know i'd do anything for you. i love you, alright? hang in there. jj."

isabelle's heart was beating incredibly fast. that speech, if josh was to remember it, would ruin him. jj was alec's childhood nickname for josh.

magnus bent down to alec, whilst simon made sure isabelle was alright.
"shh, alec my dear. no need to cry. he'll be okay."
alec sniffed. he was struggling to control himself. "it's my fault. he...it's me. i did this. i let this happen."
magnus was shocked at how raw alec's emotions were at the moment.
clearly, josh meant a lot to him. he didn't know their history, and he was smart enough to not ask questions where they might not be answered. he realised the best thing to do was to hold him, and make sure he was alright.

teachers turned up soon. by this time, jonathan had half come around. they looked at how little blood was on him, how much was on josh, and how distraught alec was.
"oh my...we need emergency services for this poor young man. alec, could you please-"
"no," magnus said, stepping in for him. "alec will stay with josh until the ambulance is here."
alec looked up at magnus and smiled a smile full of love. "thank you."

"hello? yes i need ambulance and police. there's been an assault at..."
all the voices drained off. josh could barely hear anything. all he felt was alec.
and magnus.
he needed to confront his feelings head on. but for now, he just let himself slip back into unconsciousness, in his best friend's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 8K 59
Alec, the hottest Shadowhunter, and institute leader of New York meets one of the opressed downworlders Magnus Bane. Unfortunately he has to work wit...
52.6K 2.1K 27
Alec is a college student just having a good time. Everything starts to change for him when he meets Magnus. Alec is taken over by how different he i...
80K 3K 16
a high school romance between alec lightwood and magnus bane, both popular, yet complete opposites. one on the football team and achieving a-grades c...
685K 24.5K 29
An A-Z of all things Malec! 26 short stories that will take you through the highs and lows of Magnus and Alec. Available in both Spanish and Polish v...