Nothing Like Us (L.H.)

By penguinlukex

"You know how, when things start to fall into place, there comes this big bowling ball to disarrange them aga... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17..
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter *
A/N
SEQUEL

Chapter 20.

376 6 1
By penguinlukex

Sydny's POV

All the drama from last night was long gone. Thank God. Well, at least until Melissa barges into my flat with bloodshot eyes.

"Sydny." She said, and ran straight into my arms. She buried her face at my shoulder, kind of the same way how I buried mine on Luke's. "Why now?" She sobbed.

For a second, I cant think of anything that will make her feel better. How can I, when I don't feel that good, myself? So I just said whatever came into my mind.

"I know, right? I guess love wasn't always meant to be fair." I sighed. "But we just have to go out there and deal with it. It's just a matter of choice..."

Melissa sobbed even harder. "It just... It's so hard to think that when we're finally together, we would be apart."

I managed a sly laugh. "Luke and I are, too."

She dettached herself from me and looked at me. "What?"

I nodded.

Melissa laughed as well. "It seems like yesterday... Well, it is just yesterday, you were going on about how things between you two are complicated, and now you're together?!"

"Well, I couldn't afford to lose the time..." Lame excuse. But it's true.

Melissa sighed. Somehow, her sobbing stopped. She sat on my couch and stared into nothingness. The aura in the room seemed so heavy.

"So when did Michael tell you?" I asked.

Melissa shrugged. "Just this morning. He slept over... He was trying to comfort me, and I kind of asked for a minute away. And now, Im here."

"What? Didn't you tell him where you're going?" I don't know how Melissa deals with the fact that he's already sleeping next to her boyfriend of two days. Well, they've slept together before that anyway.

"I did."

Before either of us could say a thing, someone knocked on my door.

"I'll get it." I said.

I opened the door... "Good Morning, babe."

Suddenly, the world seemed to brighten... Well, okay. That was too romantic.

"Hey." I smiled. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged. "I came with friends."

Michael, Calum, and Ashton all showed up behind Luke. "Is Mel in there?" Michael asked, his eyes sad.

I nodded. "Come in, guys."

The three boys went inside. Luke stayed with me by the door.

"Soooo what brought you here this early? I feel like it's really important because if not,  you'd all still be sleeping right now." I said.

"Yeah." Luke laughed. "I was planning to have a day with you since it's our first day together..." He winked.

I looked down, trying to hide all the blood that rushed to my face.

"But apparently, the boys have a different idea... So let's join them."

Before he could walk away, I grabbed him by his arm. "Wait, Luke. You told them already?"

Luke looked at me. "Yeah, last night. When I got home..."

"Ohh cool. I just told Melissa this morning." I said. Luke left at 12 last night. I told him he could stay but the boys had called him for a band meeting, so I let him go.

Luke walked over to me and looked at me deeply. "I still can't believe you're mine." He said in a voice that's barely a whisper.

I tried to hide my blushing face once again, but Luke kind of closed the gap between us and kissed me briefly.

"Come." Luke said, "They're probably waiting for us."

The tension in the living room was all I could feel. Ash and Cal were awkwardly fiddling with their phones. Michael was probably comforting Melissa who was crying her eyes out.

Luke looked at me and gave me a silent message.

I sighed. "Hey, guys." I called on to Ashton and Calum, "We should leave these two love birds alone."

I brought the guys to that little cafe just beside the building.

"Okay, so..." Ashton started. "How's the first day together going?"

I looked at Luke awkwardly, and he did the same. "Uhh, fine... I guess." Nothing has really changed about how we are around each other. He just likes to kiss me more. Not that I'm complaining.  Lol.

"The day hasn't even started yet." Luke said, looking at his friends.

Calum nodded. "Well, I'm hungry so we better grab something to eat." He said, picking up the menu from the table.

At that moment, Michael and Melissa entered the cafe. I knew Melissa would know where we are, so it's a good thing I brought them here.

They entered the cafe holding each other's hands. Although her eyed were still a little red from crying, Melissa was smiling at something Michael whispered to her ear. They look perfect together. Pity they have to be apart.

I sighed. You're just making yourself sad. Stop it! I thought to myself.

"So, what's for breakfast?" Michael said, approaching the table. He pulled a chair for Melissa to sit on before he sat on the chair next to her. His friends were looking at him like they don't know him.

"Who the fuck are you?" Ashton asked.

Michael frowned. "What, why?"

"Did you just make a gentleman gesture?" Ashton asked.

Michael grinned at him, but said nothing. His friends looks at him in disbelief. Their faces were funny, I swear. Well, it's not a sort of thing that Michael would do, since he claims that he's 'punk rock'. Melissa.should feel really lucky. This dude likes her so much.

We ordered breakfast, and ate them of course. Melissa ate a sandwhich while staring at the boys in awe.

"How the fuck could you intake a large amount of food in one meal?" Melissa stared at the boys. They just shrugged.

The boys eat non-stop. I've witnessed this too many times that it feels normal now.

After the meal, everyone was full so none of us really talked. But Calum cleared his throat and said something.

"Alright. So, girls..." He said, looking at Melissa and I, "As a celebration of finally being together, the boys and I planned to take you..."

Ashton drummed on the table. I stared at them. Shouldn't Luke and Michael do the talking? But I let it go since it's probably because the two boys would make it lame. No offense.

"To the beach!!!" Calum finished.

I let out a laugh. "NICE!" I said. "Michael could use some tan."

Luke laughed beside me. Ash and Cal did too. Michael glared at me and Luke. Melissa was laughing too.

"Shut up." Michael groaned.

"Okay." Ashton giggled. "We should get going. These girls need to get ready."

"The beeeeeaaaach. Whoooo!!!" Calum cheered. Melissa and I followed. And out we go.

We agreed to meet back at the lobby of my building at 10. Which is approximiately an hour from now.

Melissa went back to her flat, together with Michael, so she could get ready. Ashton and Calum said that they would go back to the 5sos house for a while because Calum forgot his trunks and Ashton forgot his shades. So naturally, I'm with Luke. We went back to my flat.

"So, you're stuck with me." Luke grinned.

I shook my head. "No, you're stuck with me. Now, help me get ready."

Luke  chuckled. "Yes, boss."

As I was looking for the right clothes to wear with my bikini, I asked Luke all that there is to ask.

"So, who planned out this whole thing?'

"Mainly Ashton and Calum, which is awkward" He said, "considering they said that this was a celebration of us finally being together."

I laughed. "I think they just want to hang out."

"Probably..." Luke said, sitting at my bed, beside my large bag. "But, it's also nice to have some alone time with you on our first day."

I looked at him. His blue eyes were sparkling. Don't ask me how. "We've had loads of 'alone times'. I'm sure we could get one later."

"Whatever." Luke shrugged. He put my huge bag on the floor.

"Hey!! I'm fixing my stuffs." I groaned.

Luke rolled his eyes. "Sydny, you don't need to put your whole wardrobe in here. It's just the beach!"

I rolled my eyes back at him. "Yeah, fine. It's not even that much!"

"It is, babe." He chuckled. "Come here."

He patted on the space beside him. I lazily slumped myself  on that spot. Luke put an arm around my shoulder, making me feel all secure and warm. He planted a little kiss on my forehead.

I smiled and playfully slapped him in the arm. "Come on." I said, standing up. "It's 9:53. We should head downstairs."

"Yes, ma'am."

.

.

.

Melissa and Michael were already there. And they're holding each other's hands. They're just standing there, not really doing anything. But they're talking I guess... Or singing. Whatever.

"So, you guys ready?" Michael asked as he saw us approaching. I noticed that he changed into shorts. I've never seen him wear shorts before and it's funny.

I nodded as I stifled a laugh.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" I laughed, pointing at his shorts.

Melissa grinned. "Believe me, I asked the same question."

He looked at me, irritated. "They're shorts."

And I laughed again. Luke laughed along, and Michael just stared at the three of us laughing at him.

"It just looks so weird to see you in shorts. I mean you always wear skinny jeans and stuff." I said, trying to contain myself.

"Well, deal with it." He snapped.

Diverting from the topic, Luke asked, "Where's Calum and Ashton?"

As if on cue, two guys walked in. I heard Melissa whistle.

"Hey, Mikey?" I heard her say.

"Yeah?"

"Can I break up with you and date Calum?" She breathed.

I felt Luke staring at me. It was hard to not look at Ashton and Calum. They really are hot. But I got Luke so... Yeah.

"What?" I asked him.

"Melissa's joking, right?" He asked. He knows Melissa used to have a crush on Calum. Michael doesn't.

I chuckled. "Yeah. Of course."

Then I heard Michael say, "No. I'll be the one dating Calum. Fuck off."

Luke and I looked at the two.

"Fine." Melissa said, crossing her arms on her chest. "I'll just date Ash, then."

At that, Michael's eyes widened. "What? No."

I heard Luke giggle beside me. I slapped him in the arm.

"You're only allowed to date me." Michael told Melissa. He probably intended to be a little superior but he just looks like a 5-year old kid asking for candy. "Boyfriend's orders."

"Hey, guys." Ashton said calmly.

But Calum appeared a little too excited beside him. "Are we ready for the beeeach?"

"Yes, we're ready, you idiot." Michael said, grabbing Melissa's hand and intertwining his fingers with hers. "Let's go."

We trailed behind them.

"I didn't know Michael could be possessive of anything or anyone besides his video games..." Luke said, just loud enough for me to hear.

I shrugged. "Melissa's the type of girl you can't find on grocery stores."

"What? They sell girls at grocery store?"

"I'm being figurative." I rolled my eyes. "Remind me to tell my future children never to drop out of school."

Luke just laughed. It's cool that he doesn't take these things too seriously.

The boys brought a van... And a driver. They said his name was Steve, and he's their driver while they're in L.A.

Ashton called shotgun. I sat on the middle row, at the window's side. Beside me was Melissa. Beside her was Calum. So Michael and Luke were stuck at the back.

"Everybody in?" Steve asked. Ashton turned around to look.

"Yeah. To the beach!" Ashton said, turning the radio on to full blast.

The boys heard the first few notes of the song, and immediately they got excited. I remember this song... I used to hear it from my neighbors' very very loud boombox at night, back in Australia.

S.. Stephanie's Mother?? Stella's Mom? St.. St..

"STACY'S MOM!!!" The boys yelled in unison. Ashton and Luke got out their phones and started taking videos.

Stacy's mom has got it going on. Stacy's mom has got it going on.
Stacy's mom has got it goin' on

I was laughing while listening to the boys sing along the song. Sometimes I think about how nice it is to be a dude. They always seem to have nothing to worry about. Like everything is just cool to them. But I figured it's also depressing since they don't really like to talk alot, so they've got a lot going on in them. So yeah.

When the chorus came on, Luke directed his camera to me, since I was just in front of him. It has a good view of my epic face looking confused while Luke was singing...

Stacy's mom has got it goin' on
She's all I want and  I've waited for so long
Stacy, can't you see you're just not the girl for me
I know it might be wrong but I'm in love with Stacy's mom.

It's a good thing I was wearing my shades.

More songs came on. The boys sang along to every single one of them. Melissa and I were just laughing. They were making derp faces, and such.

In a couple more minutes, we arrived at the beach. Calum and Ashton cheered as they stepped out of the van. I just hope they weren't  attracting too much attention. Not that it matters, anyway... It seems so normal seeing celebrities in LA.

"Are you not worried about paparazzis or anything?" I asked Luke as we climbed out.

He shook his head and chuckled. "We're not as famous as you think, Syd."

"Yet." I winked.

Luke just laughed. "Whatever. Come on." He said, putting his arms around me.

They found a nice spot on the beach away from the people. There's not much people today though... It's a weekday, and the sun's not out much.

Once, the boys landed their stuffs,they all took their shirts off and ran to the beach, leaving me, Melissa, and Steve who carried some of our bags.

"Thank you, Steve." I smiled.

"No problem, miss." He returned the smile. "I'm going to head back to the car and drive to the studio. Just tell any of those boys to call me if you would be heading home."

I nodded, and once again said thank you.

Melissa was applying  sun screen. I applied one a while ago while I wwas packing up.

I glanced at the water... Even with my shades on, the sea looks stunning. There's nothing like a beach in L.A. The waves today are quite bigger than how it used to be.

The boys are just splashing on each others' faces. They look lile girls, to be honest. Long hair and stuff. But they're all shirtless which gives Melissa and I a hard time.

"Have you seen Calum and Ashton's body?" Melissa said to me.

I nodded. "I gotta' admit, it's hotter that Los Angeles weather."

We laughed.

"Let us agree to not tell that to our boyfriends." I said, still laughing.

Luke and Michael are hot af. But when you look at the four of them, shirtless and wet, you would probably notice Calum and Ash first. Or maybe notice Michael's hair first, and then divert their attention to Calum and Ashton.

Melissa and I removed our tops and shorts, leaving us in our bikinis.

"Sydney, the boys are staring." Melissa said.

I shrugged. "We're on the beach."

We lied down at the mats we brought. I was starting to relax, when suddenly someone blocked the sunlight.

"Hey!!!" I looked up to see Luke. "What do you think you're doing?" I sat up and crossed my arms against my chest.

"You look really hot in this outfit, babe. Hotter than when you were in that jogging outfit. You should wear this more often." Luke winked. He bent down and scooped me up easily. So he was carrying me bridal style. Melissa was laughing.

"Luke, PUT ME DOWN! WHAT IS THIS?" I flailed my feet around.

Seconds later, I heard Melissa screaming the same thing. Michael had got her also.

"Stay still!" Luke scolded.

We were heading closer and closer to the water... Oh no... I don't want to get wet yet.

"LUKE ROBERT HEMMINGS PUT ME DOWN!!!!" I screamed and flailed.

Luke was grinning. "All right."

He tossed me. I waited to land on something... Rough... Sandy? It was too late before I realized we were already in the water... So the rough and sandy surface that I was waiting for had turned to the cold and salty water of the sea.

I plunged into the water. The water was only up to Luke's thighs, but since he dropped me in that position, I got my whole body wet.

I always liked being underwater. It's so peaceful. But not today, since I wasn't even ready for it. I got up, and shook my head to get some of the water out of my hair.

The boys were laughing. I heard someone scream, and then a splash. It was Melissa... Oh God, boys.

I stared at Luke who was still laughing hard.

"What?" He said, still laughing.

"Come here." I gestured with my finger.

Luke obeyed, and put his hands on my exposed waists. "Why the fuck did you do that?"

Luke laughed again. Melissa was continuously slapping Michael in the arm. The three boys were just laughing.

"Dont. Fucking. Do. That. Ever. Again." Melissa was screaming.

"Babe, you need to enjoy the water!" Luke said, chuckling.

"Fine." I splashed him with water.

"Not-- that-- way!" Luke complained, trying to splash me some, but it made no effect since he was already busy trying to get rid of the water in his face.

"AGH STOP!!!" Luke grunted.

I laughed, and stopped. Luke was frowning, and I laughed harder.

I went beside Melissa. I was about to talk to her about planning for revenge on these boys...

"Woah, girls." Calum whistled. "You look--"

"Yeah, stop it." Michael said, intertwining his hands with Melissa's.

I laughed. "Ohmy God, Michael. Don't get too protective on her!" The boys laughed. Michael look so cute, doing that. But, of course, girls dont want too much of the protection. We like to feel independent too.

We enjoyed a few more minutes in the water before Michael got hungry. So we all decided to go and grab some lunch. 

None of us talked while eating... Everyone was probably very hungry. I was, too. But after a while, I volunteered to buy the drinks. There was a mini bar on the beach, but it would take a walk. None of them wants to go, and I'm really thirsty. So, I slipped on that thin dress --I forgot what it's called-- and walked to the mini bar.

"Two big bottles of coke, please?" I said over the counter. The dude looke like he was in his mid-20s... And he looks drunk.

"Two big bottles of coke for the pretty lady," said the man. "Who are you with?"

I'm not good at short conversations. "Just some friends..."

The man grinned. He got up and got two cokes. "Two cokes for your number."

"What?"

"Ah, fine. Can I have your number?" He leaned on the counter, eyeing me... My body. "You look so fine."

Okay, this is getting weird... "Can I just have the Coke?"

The dude grabbed my arm. "So, what's your name? Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Ow! What do you care?" I tried to get off his grip, but it was too tight.

"Get off her." An unfamiliar voice said.

The dude looked nervous, and loosened his grip. I turned around to see a blonde guy, with blue eyes. But it's not Luke Hemmings. He looks about 19. I don't know why this man is scared of him. The man over the counter handed me the coke, and I gave him the money. I walked away from the mini bar as soon as possible.

But of course, before I go back to my friends...

"Um, thanks." I said to the guy. "I was totally freaking out over there."

The guy chuckled. He has a dimple on his right cheek. "No problem. I'm Nick, by the way." He held out his hand.

"Sydny." I smiled, and shook his hand, balancing the two bottles on my other.

"Um, do you wanna' hang out or something?" He asked, biting his lip. This guy is freaking cute, I need to get away.

I shook my head. "Thanks, but, I'm with my friends."

"You could--"

"Is everything okay?" A familiar voice said. I looked around to see another guy with blond hair, and blue eyes. and this time it was Luke Hemmings.

"Oh, hey, Luke." I said, holding out my hand. He reached out to it, intertwining his fingers with mine, and walking to my side. "This is Nick. He just saved me from that crazy man in the counter, a while ago. Nick, this is Luke. He's my, um, boyfriend." I'm still not used to calling Luke my boyfriend. it still seems like a fairytale to me.

The two guys just nodded to each other. "Thanks, dude." Luke said to Nick, who just smiled.

"Um, well, I better get going." Nick said, "Nice meeting you Sydny... Luke."

And with that, we walked back to our friends. Luke was silent for the walk. I told him about the man in the counter, and about how Nick came in to save me. He didn't say anything. He just nodded and smiled.

"Thank God you've finally arrived." Calum sighed. "What took you so long?"

"Nothing." I said, handing out the coke to everyone.

After a little conversation with each other, and a few more Instagram videos, we all decided to get back to the water. But Luke refused.

"What is it Luke?" Ashton asked.

"Nothing." Luke said. "I'm still full, I guess. You guys go on." They all ran to the water, but I decided to stay. 

After cleaning up the mess, I sat down beside Luke. "Hey.." I said.

He just looked at me and smiled. Something's wrong.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He was staring straight ahead.

"Nothing." Luke said, suddenly concentrating on the sand. "It's just..." He sighed. "Nothing..."

I shifted my position so that I was facing him. "It's about Nick, isn't it?"

"What?" Luke frowned. "No! That bloke? psshhh."

I suppressed a smile. "You sure?" Luke was acting strange. Familiarly strange.

"Fine." Luke sighed. "It's just... When I saw you talking to him, I felt something weird. Like, I need to be there beside you and let him know that you're mine. So I immediately did get up to go to you. And I saw you two were laughing, like you've known each other before. I just.. I don't know. I was jealous. The way you smile at him, the way you laugh with him... Even if it's just a small talk. Jesus, I don't know why, but i felt like he was getting hold of you. You're looking at him like the way you looked at me when we first met, even when your eyes were bloodshot. I was just afraid of losing you... I don't want to."

That wasn't what I was expecting. Or maybe it was, but I wasn't ready for it yet. Not for the first time, I didn't know what to say. "Luke..."

"Way to start our first day in a relationship, huh." He said, trying to keeping things light.

I laughed a little. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you jealous. He was just there to help me, and I was just grateful for it. If it weren't for him, who knows where that man on the counter could have taken me now. But, Luke, he was nothing compared to you. Yes, he may be cute and kind and all that shit, but I don't want any of that. I'm happy with this. I'm happy with you and I don't want to change anything about it. I'm just yours."

That might have sounded cheesier than I thought. But Luke smiled, and looked at me.

"I'm sorry, too. I have no right to act like that."

"Yes, you do!" I slapped him the arm. "You're my boyfriend now, you idiot."

"Right. I just still can't believe it." He laughed, and pulled me in for a sweet long kiss. I could still taste the salt water mixed with Coke on his lips, but I couldn't care less. His hair was entangled with my fingers, and his hands are in my waist.

"GET A ROOM!" I heard one of the boys shout.

We pulled apart from each other. "Oops. I forgot we weren't alone." Luke said.

I laughed. "That was the saltiest kiss I've ever had."

We joined the boys in the water after. Everyone had a fun time.

.

.

.

Hi guys. Sorry it took so long, if you're waiting. I'm just so busy.

It's derpcon tomorrow and it sucks because I'm not coming. *sighs* I hope the boys would organize an event for the whole 5sosfam, that would be awesome. 

ANYWAY, I LOVE YOU. PLEASE VOTE AND FOLLOW AND SHARE AND COMMENT, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, I LOVE YOU.

My twitter is @diamxndluke btw. Just saying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1M 39.7K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
1.2M 54.3K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC