Loving Mr. CEO

By Emelradine

THE CHESTERFIELD SERIES #2 (THE CON ARTIST & THE CEO) After being left at the altar, shattered and heart bro... More

LOVING MR. CEO
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Epilogue
MARRYING MR. CEO
(BOOK THREE) NOW LIVE!!!
SOCIAL MEDIA (PART ONE)

2

16K 955 247
By Emelradine

Cade

I could swear, time stopped.

All that met my ears was my fast beating heart, the ticking wall clock and the door to my office shutting close. Uriel had decided to ease himself off the awkward moment.

Who wouldn't?

I didn't Know what to say or how to act or even what to do, I just sat there staring at the woman who ruined my life two years ago.

I had played out this scene in my head, times without number. It would always end up with me asking her why or me crying my heart out in front of her, or me yelling out my pain and frustration at her face.

But now, when it was all happening for real, I was tongue tied and speechless.

She took a step forward. The sound of her heels on the ground of my office, made me swallow hard.

She hadn't aged a day... If anything, she looked younger, more prettier than I remembered.

"Hi." She managed to let out. Her voice was like I remembered it, but there was something different about it this time. I could hear desperation, emptiness and frustration. "I know what you're thinking and-"

"If you knew what I was thinking, you wouldn't even be standing here." I found myself saying, glad my feelings didn't appear in my voice.

She gulped, taking another step forward.

"I-" she started, but stopped. After a while, she sighed. "I don't even know where to begin."

I sat there, still staring at her.

"But I guess I should start by saying sorry and-"

"What do you want?" I asked her, knowing fully well that she wasn't here to apologize... If she really wanted to, she would have done that two years ago. Women like her only go back to their useless tool for a reason. "I know you didn't come all the way here to apologize, cause if you did, you're only wasting your time cause I don't even wanna hear it."

She gulped again. "Okay, you want to be direct about this? You were always the straight forward kinda guy." She raked her hands through her full blonde her, something I always admired about her. Something that I once loved and cherished. "Fine. I'm here because I- well- I-" she stopped.

Silence followed.

My heart was unsteady, and just with a little push, I was pretty sure it would fall straight down my stomach.

Be in control Cade. Be in control.

She took that time to speak up again.

"I'm desperately in need of your help Cade, and-"

I scoffed, cutting her off. "Didn't take me long to figure that one out." I stood up, coming out from behind my table to stand a long distance away from her. I leaned against my table, crossing my arms over my chest. "What happened? Did you finally run out of the 19 million dollars you stole from me? Do you perhaps need more?"

"Cade-"

"Answer the damn question, or get the fuck out of my office." I said, sounding so calm, But I could feel all my buried pain and anger, digging out.

"I'm in a huge debt. And on the run. Look, I know what I did, two years ago-"

"I know you know. Everybody knows."

Another awkward silence followed.

She sighed. "My point is. It was wrong. And I Know you don't want to hear my apology so I want to go right ahead and offer you a deal."

I shoved my hands into my pocket.

"I'm listening."

"I'll repay your 19 million dollars, by Working free for you until it is complete. And if you accept, I'll cover up the amount of money I'm about to borrow, by working for you until that is also complete. I won't accept any salaries or favours. I'll be completely loyal."

I cocked a brow at her. "You have no shame, do you?" I asked.

She took in a deep breath, shifting from one foot to another. "Please Cade, I wouldn't have come here if I didn't need your help. I have no one else to turn to. Look I know we didn't path on a good note-"

"We didn't path on a note at all. You didn't leave one." I simply said.

She looked frustrated but I still didn't bat an eye.

"I know what I did, Cade and I know there's a reason why the cops aren't here to take me away by now. I'll repay you. It's a fair deal. I'll work for you, I'll take on any task without complain, I promise." She begged. "Just please, this is a matter of life and death... You know this people Cade."

"I don't know anything."

She sighed, biting her lower lip. It took all the will power in me to stop myself from pulling my attention to her lips.

"I'm sorry Cade."

"I don't need your apology." I shot at her. "You can show yourself out, I believe." I said, taking my hands out of my pockets and turning back to the direction of my chair.

"What I did can not be justified." She blurted out, stopping me in my tracks.

I turned to face her.

"I left you, played you, humiliated you, stole from you. I know my acts are unforgivable. And I'm willing to pay for them. My brother's life is in danger, my life is in danger. We're talking men with guns Cade. All I need is some money, to hold them off, at least... We can make this a deal on paper. I promise I will be loyal... I don't care if it takes me twenty years to pay off the debt... I'll do anything you want me to do... Please Cade. Don't turn away from me now. Please, you're the only one I can turn to. Please."

My heart swelled with withheld emotions. One I couldn't even begin to deny.

She still had my heart. Two years and my heart still reacted the same...Dare I say, Even worse than before.

"Damnation." I cursed under my breath.

What have I ever done to deserve this punishment? What?

I was considering it... I wasn't supposed to even give two thoughts about it. But here I am, considering it.

"Okay, I've heard you." I found myself saying.

She realized a deep breath of relief. "I can't help but sense a but coming."

I nodded. "... But first, you'd have to answer some few questions."

"Whatever you want."

Two years ago, I had so many questions to ask. I had so many questions to throw at her. But now, I could only think of a few. "Did you ever love me? Like you claimed?"

She swallowed, guilt passing through a green eyes. "No."

I nodded, feeling a sharp jab straight to my heart. "So, our meeting, everything-"

"It was all planned. I'm sorry."

"You didn't feel remotely anything for me?" I asked trying to be sure.

"No Cade. I never loved you, the game was supposed to go on for a few months, but then you proposed. And you wanted to get married as soon as possible. I had no choice but to leave like that. I wanted to just break up like a normal person. But I ran out of time. I'm sorry- I'm sorry I deceived you. You didn't deserve that."

Hurt and hatred burned in my heart. "Is Mabel even your real name?"

She hesitated, looking everywhere but me.

"Not exactly. I changed my name from Gabriella to Mabel, years ago. My last name isn't Holland. I changed that too."

"What else is fake about you?" I asked.

She sighed. "Cade, this isn't necessary. I'm Mabel Holland now-"

"If I'm going to work with you, I'd have to know the real you."

"Okay. I was born in Mexico City. Veracruz. I never knew my parents, but I knew I and my brother were Mexican and not Irish, like I told you. We moved from foster care to foster care. We've been pretty much everywhere. My hair colors not really blonde but a dark brown, and I hate pizza." She said.

She once told me she loved pizza. Wow. How could I have been so stupid?

"You really fooled me huh?" My tone was cold.

"I'm sorry."

I shook my head, unable to deal with my emotions, right now. "You're gonna work for a month, after your service for a month, I'll give you the money, and I hope the paper works for the deal would be ready by then."

Her eyes widened. "A month? That's- that's too long Cade. I might not have much time."

"It's a month, or no deal."

She hesitated, obviously thinking about it, before finally giving a nod. "Alright, alright. I'll manage myself. Thank you."

"I don't need your thanks. You're to be here before six in the morning. That's before my employees starts arriving."

"Okay. What's my job exactly?" She asked.

"Your job is to do whatever I ask you to. Without questions or complainants."

She nodded.

I turned. "If you're here a minute after six, the deal is off."

"Noted." I could sense the uncomfortable tone in her voice.

"One more thing."

"Yes Cade?" She answered eagerly.

"Don't ever call me Cade. It's Mr. Chesterfield or Sir."

She nodded.

I stood there, raising a brow at her.

She shifted uncomfortably. "Yes, sir."

"Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it, Miss Holland?" I glared.

This was only the beginning.

I was only accepting this because I wanted to get my revenge. I'll break her so bad, just like she broke me.

You don't know what you just signed up for Mabel.

You don't.

__

Vote and comment:-)

Second Chapter up! Please do Comment and recommend to your Wattpad friends! Thank you!

Till next update!

Bye Beauties!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 148K 67
THE CHESTERFIELD SERIES #1 (THE MODEL & THE CEO) Pretending to the whole world that she is in the happiest relationship with the CEO of a very popul...
The Vicious Viscount By Hi

Historical Fiction

33.2K 1.8K 33
# 2 The Vicious Viscount Mabel & Malcolm's story Lady Mabel is a bastard, once upon a time Mabel was poor, she lived with her aunt , they struggled...
116K 3.2K 41
Escape meets destiny when a fleeing Fade crosses paths with a powerful and dangerous CEO who she can't stay away from. ••• Known for her cordial and...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...