No More Mistakes

By shellyjohnscns

Alice Susanna Smith had never been in control of anything in her life. Living in poverty, train wreck careles... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 32

311 23 0
By shellyjohnscns

"I could kill you for this." Alice snarls as she rests her foot upon the changing room benches, taking a hold of her laces and tying them tightly. She wasn't going to risk falling flat on her face in front of Penelope.

Her raven haired counterpart sighed in annoyance, lifting her head up from tying her shoe to turn to Alice. "Would you stop whining? We haven't even started yet." She begs.

Alice places her foot back onto the ground and stands, jutting out her hip as she lays eyes upon Hermione, her face straight laced and unimpressed. "Yes Mom." She says sarcastically before walking out to the hall, Hermione following shortly behind her.

The atmosphere throughout the schools gymnasium where the potential Vixens and already existing ones were placed, was anything but, so to speak, cheery, as they walked along the sides, finding a free spot in the mat for waiting, watching the other Vixens perform their hearts out with the hopes of making the team, which was proving difficult with Penelope's harsh standards and criticisms.

"Taylor, just because your Mother makes a living dancing on a pole doesn't mean you should follow in her footsteps. More dance moves, less gyrating." The red head spits out.

Hermione gasps, bringing her hand to her mouth upon hearing what the redhead had just said.

"Next!" Penelope yells.

There were no other girls in front of them, their time had finally come. They lock eyes together nervously before standing on their feet and walking out in front of the Vixen Captains.

Out of the corner of her eye, Alice noticed Penelope narrowing her eyes towards she and Hermione as they walk out, she believes she catches a smirk from her too.

Leaning her head into Hermione's ear, she begins to snarl. "Do you see the looks she's giving us?" Alice asks gesturing towards the redhead. "Someone should smack that smug smile off her acne ridden foundation smothered face."

Refusing to take her eyes and smile off the three threatening Vixens, Hermione bares her teeth. "Just, ignore her." She whispers before standing in place.

Laughing embarrassingly, Penelope places her pen down on her clip board in front of her and clasps her hands together. "You have got to be kidding me right now. Am I seeing this?" She points towards them.

"Shut it Penelope." Gina pleads leaning into her ear.

She gathers herself together and clears her throat on Gina's demand, slowly suppressing her laughter, straightening her back and re-presenting herself in a more professional manor.

"Alice. Hermione." She speaks as her eyes gleam with smugness. She flicks the corners of her lips into a smirk and crosses her leg over the other, bringing her folded arms to her chest.

"Why do you both, want to join the River Vixens?" She questions, head tilting to the side

Alice shifts her eyes into Hermione's direction immediately, resting her hand on her hip. "Think you should answer that."

Hermione smiles awkwardly, bringing her hands together and baring her teeth, a coping mechanism for when she was nervous. She clears her throat and tosses her hair to the side.

"Well, it's my first time at a public school, that provides these types of extra curricular activities, not to mention it would be my last chance too, seeing I'm a senior. So I just wanted to have some fun and experience something like this with my bestie." Hermione explains cheerfully before grabbing a hold of Alice's hand

She smiles softly at Hermione and accepts it before bringing their clasped hands to her lips and kissing them.

Penelope stiffens her lips as she brings her pen back to her clipboard, preparing to write away. "Well go on. Show us what you've got."

Hermione and Alice got themselves into their positions, awaiting for the right moment to start. Finally feeling it was the right time and knowing the other was ready, they performed their dance, along with the Bulldog cheer, finishing up in a right fist in the air left hand on hip stance.

The remaining Vixen auditionees and Gina and her second in command, all stood up with wide smiles on their faces and mouths agape and applauded the girls for their well performed, if not slightly unrehearsed routine they had prepared on the spot shortly after lunch.

Feeling proud of themselves and not knowing how to react to the praise, they bowed and gave thanks, smiling back at them all, well all accept Penelope, who had sat there the entire time with the very same scowl on her face she had when they had entered.

The applause slows down and the girls all hold their anxious gazes upon Penelope, waiting for her input, and having a gut feeling it was going to be anything but positive.

"As entertaining as that was-" She begins, preparing to twirl her hands to exaggerate her statement. "I just didn't see much fire or drive from either of you. And I wasn't that impressed." She finishes, shrugging her shoulders smugly.

Alice's mouth falls open as she furrows her brow. "I knew this was a waste of damn time." She grunted with baring teeth before trying to storm off but it abruptly stopped by Hermione pulling her arm.

"Just wait a minute." She whispers, lightly pulling Alice back.

Gina tilts her head towards her co captain snappily. "Bullshit Penelope!" She scolds. "They were the best we had audition today, and you know it."

Penelope's eyes narrowed into an infuriating glare before scrunching up her nose in disgust, practically snarling. She uncrossed her legs before slamming her clipboard onto the ground.

"Have you forgotten whose squad this is?" She rhetorically enquires with a hint of a threatening tone in her voice.

"Have you forgotten about Featherhead's rule on demoting senior captains in extra curricular activities to shared roles? Making you a CO captain, along with me?" Gina snaps back.

Principle Featherhead had implemented a school rule involving seniors taking a step back from leading school teams and involving themselves in events or at least getting help from other team or group members in order for the seniors to be able to focus more on their final year in order to graduate without any complications.

With Penelope being a senior and Gina being a junior and the current longest serving River Vixen excluding the senior members, it made her co captain by default, meaning she got say in who made the team and the teams huge decisions just the same as Penelope did.

Penelope's eyes softened before she took a step back, her face still scowling as she takes a seat, crossing her legs infuriatingly.

"That's what I thought." Gina smiled smugly, knowing she had got one up on Penelope. She turns towards Hermione and Alice with a look of pride in her eye before speaking.

"Hermione. Alice. Welcome to the River Vixens."

•••

She steps through into the trailer, fixing her eyes onto FP who's relaxed into the couch with his back to her. A cold and refreshing beer in his hand

"Hi baby." He greets with a straight face, refusing to turn around as he focuses on the sports game on TV. "Charlie's down for his nap." He explains before bringing the beer bottle to his lips and taking a sip.

She walks closer towards him before resting her hand on the back of the couch. "And your Dad?"

He releases the bottle from his lips to answer. "At the Wyrm. So, d'you make the squad?"

"Turn around and see for yourself." She proposed.

He spins his head around in confusion, putting the beer bottle down and instantly pausing and holding a breath as he lays his eyes upon her, basking in her beauty and goddess-like body in the fitting blue and yellow uniform.

She bites her lip seductively as she moved out in front of him, gazing down at his stunned face and appreciating his grin.

He reaches out towards her with a suggestive look on his face, his eyes practically gleaming with arousal as his hands grip her waist, pulling her down into the couch with him and hearing her laugh, towering over her as her golden locks fall down freely past her face.

He holds a gaze into her ocean blue orbs as he snakes his hand up and down her thigh, past her waist and up to her neck, lightly stroking her chin and sharp jaw line with a reached out finger.

"How am I, going to be able to focus on the field, when you're yards away from me, looking like this?" He whispers seductively before pulling her into his face by her neck and slipping his tongue into her mouth.

She gladly accepts. Reaching her hand up to his face, stroking his smoothly shaven skin and realising moans she gladly allowed him to swallow as their tongues battled for dominance.

A/N: Please leave a comment because I love reading them and finding out what you guys loved, what you'd like to see and how I can improve ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 405 24
I am Melony Jones-Cooper, my moms Alice Cooper and my Dads FP Jones
7.4K 655 30
{COMPLETE} After six years in the army, FP has nothing to his name but a bus ticket back to the town he bitter sweetly calls home. He reaches out to...
676 28 1
When the question about their past selves is prompted by the kids, FP and Alice must think about how differently things could have been if they were...
12.9K 1.1K 32
After sixteen years of living in New York and his decade long successful career as a comic book artist, FP Jones doesn't know how to finish the story...