Trapped | The Trapped Trilogy...

By renesmeewolfe

Eenralla Land lives in a Dome. That Dome is run by the Government. The Government has a secret. A secret E... More

Prologue
Quote
One (Part 1)
One (Part 2)
Copyright
Two (Part 1)
Two (Part 2)
Dome Regulations and Guidelines
Three
Four (Part 1)
Four (Part 2)
Four (Part 3)
Five
Six (Part 1)
Six (Part 2)
Seven (Part 1)
Seven (Part 2)
Eight (Part 1)
Eight (Part 2)
Eight (Part 3)
Nine (Part 1)
Nine (Part 2)
Nine (Part 3)
Ten (Part 1)
Ten (Part 2)
Ten (Part 3)
Ten (Part 4)
Ten (Part 5)
Eleven (Part 2)
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen (Part 1)
Fourteen (Part 2)
Fifteen (Part 1)
Fifteen (Part 2)
Sixteen
Seventeen (Part 1)
Seventeen (Part 2)
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Published
BOOK 2: WIPED AVAILABLE NOW!
LOST TRAPPED TRILOGY CHAPTER

Eleven (Part 1)

698 75 3
By renesmeewolfe

Eleven (Part 1)

Smoth walks with his jaw clenched as he takes me to the area they have for people who don't want to fight. He opens the door, and eyes bore into me as I stare into the room emptily.

"You'll stay with the Domespeople," He says, his voice tight.

"For how long?" I ask, my gut twisting from guilt.

He looks at me, his eyes hard and watery, emotions swimming past in his irises. Through gritted teeth he tells me, "For as long as you deserve."

He stays looking at me and I shakily take a step forward. The people's eyes still stare me down and watch my every movement. The door slams shut behind me, and I turn to look at him. It slightly moves, as if pressure is applied to it, and shifts again, the pressure being removed.

I look around. The room reminds me of a Doctor's office inside the Dome but with corners and twenty times as big. Long tables with attached benches are in long rows with people sitting at them. A counter with a window is placed on the right wall, and people stand on either side of it, one side handing something out and the other receiving it.

Food.

Something else catches my attention and makes my heart race in my ribcage.

Everyone is wearing white clothing.

"Who are you?" A man sitting at one of the tables asks me.

I look around the room, and then focus my eyes on the floor. I start to feel like the room is closing in on me. I shut my eyes tight and take a breath.

I've been close to death. Shot at. Faced my own psychotic mother. So why can't I stand up in front of a bunch of people I don't even know and answer one simple question? Why do I choose now to be insecure and nervous?

"Who are you?" He repeats, harsher.

I drop my hands to my sides and stand up straight, trying to look tougher then I am.

"My name is Eenralla Land."

Whispers take over the silence and glances are shared.

"Ream's kid," The man says matter-of-factly, nodding twice. He stands slowly, and the crowd quickly falls silent.

He seems to be older, older than anyone I've ever seen. He has a streak of gray in his hair and lines around his mouth. He's built like a Domesperson, but why is he so old?

He looks at me ferociously, and starts to walk toward me quickly.

I take two steps back, and he is in my face. My muscles tense and want to recoil, but I set my jaw and glare back at him.

He starts to laugh.

My face twists in confusion, and he slaps me on the shoulder.

"My name is Evan. Welcome to a civilized civilization," He laughs, the people in the room laughing with him. "I'll show you around."

He turns and leads me past the eyes of the people. The door we walk through at the back of the room opens automatically with a metallic sliding sound. It shuts with a 'click' behind us as we continue walking down the hall that had been hidden by it. The green walls are covered with doors like the hallway with all of the cells Peter and I had been locked up in. They're each a painted a different color and made of wood. We pass by several of them in silence. Evan speaks up when we're half way down the hall.

"You don't want to fight?"

I look around, thinking. This place is for the people that don't want to rise up against the Dome Government. I never told anyone what I wanted to do. I was just put here because of what happened with Doug...

"I don't know," I say quietly, scrunching my forehead together.

"Hm," He nods. "And why is that?"

I stare at the ground, watching the speckled white tiles as they pass beneath us.

"I guess I'm confused," I say, more to myself.

"About what?"

I don't say anything. I'm not the kind of person who speaks her mind or gushes about everything she feels to some stranger.

I'm not Nad.

We travel in silence until we reach the end of the hallway. He opens up another door and we step into a black room. A single light bulb illuminates the black ceiling, and casts shadows as we walk to the center.

Evan stands in front of me again, the light casting eerie shadows on his face.

"We will be taking you through some psychological testing for the next few days-it could be less if you cooperate."

"What is it for?" I ask.

"To make sure you are where you need to be," He says, and turns to walk out the door opposite of where we entered.

"You sound just like a Government Official," I say under my breath as the door shuts.

"Your testing will begin in a moment," A woman's voice booms through the room. "You will answer all questions truthfully and fully-do you understand?"

A knot grows in my throat.

What have I gotten myself into?

"Do you understand?" Her voice repeats.

I stare blankly at the door Evan left through. I suddenly feel naked, like they can see through me. See every beat of my heart, hear every thought...

"Why?" I ask, wiping my sweaty palms on my pants.

The voice hesitates.

"Evan told you why," It seems to laugh.

"Who are you?" I ask.

Another pause. "I am Rebecca. We have met."

I smirk.

"Hello, Rebecca."

"Hello, Eenralla Land."

I shift my weight, my muscles shaking. I'm so sore that I feel like my legs will give out on me if I take one step.

"I will ask you some questions," She says slowly. "And you will answer them truthfully. If not, we will use force."

Peter's bruised body flashes before my brain. Fear bubbles up inside of me, but I swallow it and stand tall.

"Like you did to my friend?" My voice wavers a little, and I bite my cheek.

"The people down here try to avoid fighting, so, no. Unlike your friend, we will release a toxin into the room that will knock you out. After that, we will proceed to monitor you as we create alternate worlds for you to get the answers out of you. And when that happens, you will not be able to conceal anything from us. We'll know everything."

I keep staring at the door. Where is she?

"Begin."

I hear a faint beep. A camera.

"Is this your mother?" Rebecca asks as a flickering image of my mom stands in front of me.

"Shouldn't you know that?" I say flatly, looking past my mother's scarred face and at the door.

The spazzy image disappears.

"Obey my previous commands," Rebecca says sternly.

I run my tongue across my teeth. Maybe I should just go with it. The faster it ends, the faster I get out of here.

"Did you grow up in the Domes?"

I smirk and look at the ground, shifting my weight and crossing my arms.

"Yeah," I say.

"How old are you?"

"How old do I look?" I say, scanning the room for the camera. My eyes catch on the red light in the top left corner behind a flashing hologram.

I turn to where I can look straight into it.

"If you want the Government to go away, why are you acting just like them?"

Where did this defiance come from? Just a few days ago, I would have just shut my mouth and done what I was told. I would have never challenged a higher-power person. Ever.

Maybe I've been hanging around Peter too long.

Maybe I'm just like Lease.

I look down from the camera, and squeeze my eyes shut. These people could kill me. All they want me to do is answer some questions, and I'm making everything difficult and putting my own life in danger, it feels like.

"Eenralla Land, please cooperate. One more smart comment, and we will force ourselves into your brain."

I feel my body hit the ground, and I fade into darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 602 15
Eenralla lives in a Dome. That Dome is run by the Government. The Government has a secret. A secret they want Eenralla to forget. It all started...
6.5M 185K 58
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉, 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘, 𝒕𝒐�...
1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...
3.5K 665 51
A dystopian young adult novel involving romance, secret experiments on human subjects, and a group of teenagers' will to survive. Reader Comments: "...