ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡41β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡ 28 β—‡

6.2K 308 101
By yoongicorn_93

🌌Chapter 28🌌

THE NEXT DAY came by quickly, which meant another repetitive cycle of hell for Y/N, also known as school.

She went through her morning routine briefly before beginning her short walk to Wellston Private High School. Sadly she had no one to walk with since 1) Seraphina had been called to school early for an interrogation or something, 2) John was all the way on the boy's side of the dorms, 3) Remi had left beforehand since she said she had to study at the library.

As much as she loved her friends, it felt nice to have some alone time every once and a while. Y/N could relish in her own thoughts without anyone bothering her. Only peaceful thoughts came to mind for the majority of the walk, and it brought Y/N to a calming state.

Of course that didn't last long as her mind instantly trailed back to her encounter with S/N a few nights ago.

Where did she get those injuries? Could it be...? Mom and dad have never shown any signs of being abusive...but then again I haven't met them in a while.

Maybe it was from school? No, no... Mom said that S/N was making lots of friends and was happy. So what could've caused her to look like that? Perhaps she got into a fight or fell down somewhere? But she looked so secretive about the injuries. If I remember correctly, she was holding two  large containers of concealer at the convenience store. She had never been one to wear makeup, but, again, she could've changed.

I could always ask mom and dad if they knew what happened, but...

"Don't tell anyone about this," were her words.

She might end up hating me even more if I tell on her...I...it's probably just from sports or something. Mom did say S/N was being more social and interactive with school activities these days since she stayed after school often. She probably doesn't want mom and dad to worry about her.

But something feels so off...

Lost in thought, Y/N didn't notice the two people in front of her, therefore bumping into the taller one.

"Oh shi—sorry!" She bowed immediately when she walked into them. "That was....my...ba..d..."

"Y/N? Y/N L/N from Edgewood? I certainly didn't expect you to be here."

Then she saw it. That all too familiar face.

"I...u-uh—"She suddenly felt extremely sick. What was this man doing here at Wellston? Never in her life did she want to be in the mere presence of him ever again.

"K..Keon..."

Bu-bump. Bu-bump. The sound of her heartbeat began skyrocketing uncontrollably. Blurry outlines overtook her vision and made her grasp her head in splitting pain. She stumbled a little bit, quickly catching herself.

Blood. Screaming. Suddenly she felt like she needed a full tank of air. It was as if a humongous weight had been thrown into her just like how the author carelessly throws her basically nonexistent money to buy BTS merch. It was suffocating. Clutching her chest tightly, she struggled to breathe properly.

"Miss Y/N? Are you okay?" A faint voice called out to her.

"H-huh? O-oh yeah...I...m..fine....just," She slowly began backing away from the confused superiors. "I...need to...go..to cla..ss—" In a hurried sprint, Y/N cupped her hand over her trembling mouth in attempt to hold in the disgusting bile rising in her throat. Many students spared her weird looks, but she didn't have the time or willpower to care at the moment.

Remi spotted her H/C friend dashing towards her, "Hey, Y/N! What..." She trailed off upon noticing the petrified and ill form of Y/N. The said girl ignored Remi, sliding past her and running into the nearest girl's bathroom.

The pinkette frowned worriedly, following the H/C girl. What's wrong with Y/N? She was as pale as a ghost.

The disturbing sound of someone releasing the contents of their stomach was all that could be heard in the otherwise empty bathroom. Following the sound, Remi gasped when she found Y/N hunched over one of the toilets, being the source of the noise.

Without hesitation, she crouched down to Y/N's level and softly patted her back in a comforting manner.

"Thank...you..." Y/N managed to mutter in a hoarse, dry voice.

"Don't mention it. What are friends for?" Remi's caring smile illuminated in the darkness that was currently suffocating Y/N. She really couldn't help but start letting the water works flow down her rosy cheeks. It had been a while since Y/N had cried like this in front of anybody.

Embracing the shaking girl in an unsuspected, but much needed hug, Remi didn't mind sitting there as Y/N released her pent up emotions. They stayed in the position for a while before Y/N was eventually reduced to occasional sniffles.

"Are you okay now? You were throwing up a lot..." Remi asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." (iM fEeLinG jUsT fiNe FinE FiNe-) Y/N assured, wiping away the last of her remaining tears. A tiny part of her felt embarrassed for appearing so vulnerable to someone else, but a good part of her knew that crying didn't mean you were weak.

"You should go to class..." Y/N ushered.

"Forget about it. You're more important at the moment," Remi rejected the advice, more focused on her troubled friend than missing a few measly classes.

"No, really. I'm okay now," She insisted. "You have a test today, don't you? That's why you went early this morning to study at the library."

"Yeah, but..."

"Go. There's nothing for you to worry about. Now go ace that test like the smart bitch you are."

"...fine," Remi finally caved in with much hesitation. She helped Y/N to her feet and walked with her out of the bathroom. "You're 100% sure you're all good?" She asked one more time.

"Yeah, yeah. You're acting like I passed out or something."

"Okay...I'll see you later then. Take it easy, alright?"

"Mhm," She hummed in exchange, shoulders dropping in relief once Remi was out of sight. It felt like she was being a burden, wasting her friend's time because of her personal issues. There was still around half an hour of class left according to the time, but Y/N was in no condition to go. Instead she decided to rest for the remainder of class on the rooftop.

Each step she took felt heavier than usual, a side effect of her sudden fatigue and mental shock. Still, she climbed the steps like the boss she was. Luckily there was nobody else up here, meaning she had the place to herself.

She slid down to her usual spot, back leaning against the concrete barrier tiredly.

Keon...

What is he doing here? Could it be that he is the one conducting the interrogation Seraphina said she was having? If that's the case...

She shuddered, H/C hair falling loosely on her shoulders. Subconsciously, her     S/C hands began fidgeting, something she never really did. Guess all this shit affects me more than I thought. I can't even get my hands to stop shaking..... ha... pathetic...

Just for a while longer, she leaned her head back and shut her eyes for a much needed break from reality.

-

"Oh, hey Y/N. I didn't see you at all this morning. Where were you?" John asked casually. Y/N had caught up to him after his class ended, something he wasn't expecting considering the fact she was no where to be found since he had arrived at school.

"I wasn't feeling well, so I spent my time at the rooftop," She answered with a sigh.

"Oh, that sucks...at least you're feeling better now," He looked on the bright side.

"Yep."

Since there wasn't much to talk about and the fact that they both had a lot on their minds, they walked without talking. That didn't last long however once they heard the gossiping whispers of the students around them in the hallway.

"Apparently a bunch of people saw Seraphina limping down the hallway earlier!"

"She was all scratched up and her arm was all awkward."

"What happened to her lately? She hasn't been her usual self..."

"You know, rumors say she can't use her ability!"

"Whaaa? That's crazy."

"I know, scary right?"

Nothing needed to be said for both Y/N and John to begin sprinting to the infirmary like they were being chased by the police for stealing a bag of chips, something Y/N has totally never experienced before. Nope. Never.

The moment they stepped foot into the infirmary, they saw their purple haired friend with a cast around her right arm and bandages wrapped on her left foot. There was also multiple small scratches on her face.

"Sera!" John called out.

"Hm, news sure travels fast," Seraphina huffed, seeing as her two friends rushed here not long after she had been admitted.

"Who did this to you?" Y/N clenched her fists, ready to bitch slap someone to Mars if she had to.

"Well it seems you two were right. That green hair bun girl had it out for me after all. Pushed me down a flight of stairs when I wasn't looking, took a picture, and ran."

"Oh," was all Y/N said.

Seraphina and John both snapped their heads to give a bewildered look at the heterochromatic girl. They both expected an extreme reaction, so what was-

"Guess I'll go break all of her bones now," She finished darkly, cracking her knuckles with a loud pop.

There it was.

"It's not a big deal, so don't do anything rash Y/N. Besides, it's a bit unfair isn't it? A high tier against a mid tier?"

Scoffing, Y/N fired, "That's basically what she did to you. She took advantage of your crippled state and pushed you down a flight of stairs for God's sake! That's even more unfair."

"So you want to stoop down to her level?"

This made Y/N stop in her tracks. I think...I've always been at that level...
Feeling suddenly disheartened and not in the mood to argue, Y/N yeeted herself onto the nurse bed next to Seraphina. John did the same, sitting down at the empty space on the bed. She had expected John to blow up as well from Seraphina's explanation, so she assumed he was biting his tongue while his purple haired friend was still here.

"....So how'd it go? The interview," John asked after a moment of silence.

"Terrible."

"What do you mean? What went wrong?"

"Everything, honestly. I failed it in every way possible," She sighed in self-disappointment.

"It was just a couple of questions, right? Wasn't it supposed to be simple like last time?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, but they switched up the investigator on me. New guy's name is Keon or whatever."

At the mention of his very name, John and Y/N stiffened.

So that man...really was here for Seraphina's interview. I can't believe I had to run into him here of all places...

Seraphina proceeded, "My guess is that he ranks pretty high in the authorities. Even the headmaster couldn't intervene much. He was very adamant and saw through everything I said. He didn't let anything slip by him. Somehow I totally screwed it up, ended up confessing and let both your names be brought up somehow. Him and the headmaster are still discussing my punishment. But now he'll probably want to speak with you guys too. This is all my fault. I should've been more careful...jeez! I don't know what it is these days, but I feel like I've been screwing everything up lately!"

"Stop Seraphina," Y/N said softly, yet firm. She knew the crushing feeling that her friend was facing at the moment. When you feel like everything is falling apart, and you think you're the cause of the wreckage. It was suffocating. "A lot has happened to you recently. You're just not in the right mindset."

"Doesnt change the fact that you two will have to deal with the authorities now too."

"Look, if this Keon guy wants to talk to us, then whatever. We'll figure something out," John assured. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of his face, contradicting his words.

Y/N almost got a heart attack as well at the thought of having to sit in front of him once again.

I'm not sure...I'll be able to handle it.

•••

There's so much shit to do today that I'm s t r e s s i n g

idk if any of y'all have taken or is taking geometry BuT pRoOFS mAkE mE WanNa 🤡🤡🤡🤡

ALSO THE SIDE STORY UPDATE FOR REI YESTERDAY SCREEEEEECJHH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.6K 23
Taking his fathers words to heart, John Doe returns to Wellston with the intention of expelling himself from the hierarchy; attempting to turn over a...
65.5K 2.5K 52
John has once again found himself King. How long will it be before the events of New Bostin repeat? He has already lost Sera, and the students are tu...
111K 2.5K 33
It's been almost a year and a half since John's old friend Ash had moved to america for her fathers job, she left at the wrong time as a week latter...
190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...