Once We are Descendants

By starchild10

When Mal of Auradon and Crystal of Storybrooke mix the wrong spells together, both end up accidentally openin... More

Prologue: Go Back?
Bonus Content: Crystal's Back Story (Not a Chapter)
Chapter 1: New Worlds
Chapter 2: I Want to Know More
Chapter 3: Life as Usual
Chapter 4: Be There for You
Chapter 5: Secrets to Learn
Chapter 6: Plots for Portals
Chapter 7: Long Live Evil
Chapter 8: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
Chapter 9: Framed for Nothing
Chapter 10: Success for All
Chapter 11: Stealthy Shrimpy
Chapter 12: Theories and Mysteries
Chapter 13: Risky Business
Chapter 14: Made, Not Born
Chapter 15: Looking After Me
Chapter 16: Inner Villain
Chapter 17: The Pain of Broken Heart
Chapter 18: Freedom
Chapter 19: Fight for Love
Chapter 20: Caught in the Dark
Chapter 21: Support Before Danger
Chapter 22: How Auradon Fights
Chapter 23: It's Going Down
Chapter 24: What's My Name?
Chapter 25: Battle Till the End
Chapter 26: What Did I Bring to Storybrooke?
Chapter 27: Taming the Dragon
Chapter 28: Hooked on Guilt
Chapter 29: Check the Introductions
Chapter 30: Friends and Enemies
Chapter 31: Friends and Family
Chapter 32: The Family of Evie
Chapter 33: Members of Darkness
Chapter 34: Number One Troublemaker
Chapter 35: Family Feud
Chapter 36: Parental Dysfunction
Chapter 37: Emotional Tides
Chapter 38: Dizzy's Discourse
Chapter 39: When No One is Watching
Chapter 40: Changed?
Chapter 41: Rationale
Chapter 42: Family Dinner
Chapter 43: Family Tales
Chapter 44: Late Night Visit
Chapter 45: Strange New Land
Chapter 46: Shocks and Spots
Chapter 47: Crystal Clear
Chapter 48: Morning Madness
Chapter 49: Discipline and Devotion
Chapter 50: A Lesson in Hope
Chapter 51: Roll Call
Chapter 52: Heroes or Villains?
Chapter 53: Parental Rules
Chapter 54: Mother-Daughter
Chapter 55: CJ Trouble
Chapter 56: Pirate v.s. Princess
Chapter 57: Meet the Parents
Chapter 58: Ursula's Urchin
Chapter 59: Poor Unfortunate Souls
Chapter 60: Moving In
Chapter 61: De Vil in Disguise
Chapter 62: Home Away From Home
Chapter 63: Her Brother's Keeper
Chapter 64: Dateable
Chapter 65: Amends for Amour
Chapter 66: Hidden Deception
Chapter 68: Negotiations
Chapter 69: Family Ties
Chapter 70: Something Unexpected
Chapter 71: Potential
Chapter 72: The Storm Within
Chapter 73: A Bit Bizarre
Chapter 74: When the Claws Come Out...
Chapter 75: Tension
Chapter 76: Truth and Lies
Chapter 77: Dark One to the Rescue?
Chapter 78: Crumbling
Chapter 79: Love/Hate
Chapter 80: Suppression
Chapter 81: Hello My Heart
Chapter 82: Uh Oh Oh Oh It's Magic
Chapter 83: Dead Alive
Chapter 84: Fingerprints
Chapter 85: Dragon Ladies
Chapter 86: Leap of Faith
Chapter 87: Training Day
Chapter 88: Disappearing Act
Chapter 89: Dance of the Dragons
Chapter 90: Something Worth Keeping
Chapter 91: Aftermath
Chapter 92: The Importance of Being You
Chapter 93: Party at Granny's
Chapter 94: Parental Dis-play/may
Chapter 95: New Game Plan

Chapter 67: Heart to Heart

831 28 6
By starchild10

"Yes, Crystal that's fine," Regina says into her phone as she leans against her kitchen island. She has the ingredients for apple flavoured pancakes ready to mix as well as bacon ready to fry on the stove; all in preparation for the hungry teenagers who would no doubt be raiding her fridge within the next hour if she hadn't gotten up early. "I will get you the parts you need, but I don't want you going into my vault alone. The last time someone did that, Henry was nearly killed by those Agrabah vipers. There are too many things from my Evil Queen days that I can't even remember if they're dangerous or not. So just hold out until after breakfast."

As she listens to the other end of the line, Evie comes into the kitchen and sits on the opposite end of the kitchen island, waiting for Regina to finish. She's dressed in silk light purple pyjamas, which were not her usual style or colour, but they are comfortable, nonetheless. Many of the citizens of Storybrooke was asked to offer clothing and other essentials to the children while they were so far from home and while Evie appreciated the generosity, the styles could be updated a bit. She'd noticed through her time in the town that everything was from a different era... not medieval-like some of the things in Auradon, but still outdated. She'd have to ask around to find out when this town was created and whether anything had been updated since. She remembers from several of the stories that the first Dark Curse lasted for 28 years, and it's clear a lot had changed since then.

The daughter of the Evil Queen texts Mal, wanting to hear from her best friend. She had planned to stay up late and text Mal, but she had gone mysteriously silent for some unknown reason. Immediately, Evie suspected that it had something to do with Ben, as that was usually what happened with the two of them, and she hoped that it was positive. She did hope the two of them would get back together and mend the rift that had been created through a series of misunderstandings and interferences from other people, including Uma. She wanted them to be happy, celebrate the true love they shared.

She then begins scrolling through the pictures on her phone, smiling the entire time. There were photos of her and her four closest friends. The group at dances, parties, picnics, the movies, and even the time they had a giant water balloon fight on the campus lawn. The moments make her eyes almost tear up because of the happy memories and feelings that come flooding into her mind. She can't imagine life without them, they were the people who kept her grounded but also supported her in everything she did.

There are other pictures of her with some of the AKs like Ben, Jane, Lonnie, and even a few with Audrey and Chad, and there are several more with Dizzy. There are also pictures of the various outfits from her fashion company, including a full-fashion show that happened during the spring. But the ones she loved the most are of her and Doug, her real prince charming. There are photos of them sharing desserts, working on projects together, the time Doug accidentally set off a bad chemical reaction in the chemistry lab that left them with red faces from the residue, the two of them during the holidays, and some of them just having fun being with one another. Her smile is the widest when she goes through these images, memories that she will always cherish. She's so enthralled from walking down memory lane that she doesn't notice someone behind her.

"I'm guessing he's your one true love?"

Evie jumps, not realizing that Regina has been behind her for quite some time, mixing the pancake batter in her arms; and while it could be considered rude to be looking over someone's shoulder at their personal photographs, Regina only did it to get to know her alternate daughter better. She was curious about what the young girl's life was like at this Auradon place and based on the pictures she'd seen; it was clear Evie was her best self there, having everything she could ever want in life. It amazed the mayor of this town that this girl in front of her was the most amazing and gifted person she could have ever imagined.

"Uh... yes, he's my boyfriend," she says.

"Boyfriend, or one true love?" the former Evil Queen asks, raising her eyebrow curiously.

Evie swallows and then bites her lip extremely hard, having never really thought about it like that. Doug had always been her boyfriend, her partner in fashion, and her real Prince Charming, but nothing else. She had never taken the time to think deeply about whether they were true love or not. She'd like it to be correct, but she had never been sure, after all, Doug was never put under curses or targeted by Uma like Ben was. Her brown eyes go wide in panic as she races to find an answer.

Regina realizes that she's majorly overstepped, maybe Snow and David's lovey-dovey crap had rubbed off on her too much. While she'd known what it was like to be in love, she always had a more realistic and sometimes cynical approach to it, not the "I will always find you," stuff of the Charmings. Robin was always okay with that, and despite what the soulmates went through, they loved one another just as much as any other sappy true-love couple. She feels immediate guilt for putting the poor girl on the spot and decides to do damage control.

She fears that she's wrecking the bond that was already starting to form between her and her daughter.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that... you two seem very happy."

"We are," Evie says. She begins playing with the bracelet Doug had given her, the one that Regina had repaired with magic. "He's everything I could ever want in a partner... in a boyfriend."

"Does he treat you right?" the mother asks, feeling that protective side coming back, despite her barely knowing this girl very well.

"In every way possible," the young girl says. She feels a little uncomfortable with this line of questioning, especially about her dating life, but it did feel nice that someone was taking an interest in her life and asking her about her feeling instead of worrying about her friends and their relationships. Compared to Ben and Mal's, hers was a fairy tale.

"What did he do to win your heart?"

Evie swallows. "He respected me. He didn't take advantage of me for my looks or my brains. He gave me credit when I deserved it and stood up for me. He gave me the chance to be seen like everyone else, and not just a villain kid or a pretty face."

"I sense that you had a previous partner who did none of those things and treated you as such?" Regina questions, sensing the sad and slightly angry tone in the girl's voice.

Evie just nods and puts her phone away, not wanting to discuss it any further. Again, Regina realizes that she's probing too much and risks losing a new connection with Evie.

What is wrong with her today?! She's usually not this nosy nor does she usually care about other people this much. It's clear that she needs to stop hanging out with Snow White so much, her behaviour is becoming too much like the royal pain. She decides to change the subject.

"So, have you ever had apple-cinnamon pancakes before?"

"Never," Evie says, glad for the change in topic.

"I know I might go overboard with the apple-theme sometimes, it definitely doesn't help with the stereotype, but there are a few signature dishes that I can't help but make. Why be good at anything if you can't flaunt the talent once and a while?"

Evie smiles. "Well the apple-turnover last night was amazing, I think everyone loved it."

"I did see some hesitation at first, but that's probably because of who I am, not my actual cooking."

"I really wish people didn't see you like that," the teenager says earnestly. "You're clearly not like my mother or whatever this world's fairy tales depict you as. You are one of the nicest people I've ever met and you clearly care about everyone close to you."

"Trust me, I wasn't always like that," Regina says, adding some cinnamon to the pancake batter.

"If being in this town has taught me one thing already, it's that it doesn't matter who you were in the past, it matters who you are now and how you make it count,"

Regina smiles widely, knowing that her daughter understood everything that she'd worked so hard to accomplish for Henry's sake, and eventually for everyone else in her family. She wanted to be known as the hero now, not the villain before. She had redeemed herself in the eyes of every person, even her alternate daughter.

"Do you want to help me flip the pancakes so I can start on the bacon?" she offers.

"Is it okay is I design them into a few funny shapes?" she asks playfully.

"I will never say no to that. My son Henry used to do that all the time."

Evie happily gets up and joins Regina at the stove. She drips the batter onto the griddle, creating pancakes that looked like rings, hearts, and even ones that look like that Disney character... that mouse. The warmth of the kitchen once again brings these two closer together, despite the awkward discussions earlier and the desire not to become too close too quickly.

Eventually, Doug comes into the kitchen and wraps his arms around Evie tightly, kissing her until the point that she has to swat him away with the spatula, so she doesn't burn anything.

"Just sit down, they'll be ready soon."

"I already see something delicious that I want," he teases.

Regina shifts to the far end of the stove, wanting to give the two a few moments to themselves and also not becoming the third wheel in the situation. She turns away to avoid the PDA... maybe Evie had more Snow White in her than she had first anticipated. It wasn't a bad thing, but the Evil Queen in her was still rather repulsed by it.

Despite her slight disgust, Regina knew deep down that the two loved each other very deeply and that Doug was the perfect prince of her daughter.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since I've posted, but here's a new chapter and I hope you enjoy it and leave lots of reviews and comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 152 14
Audrey cannot stand a broken heart and see Mal take everything she's ever wanted. Bieliving evil is the answer she'll go as bad as she can in order t...
4.1K 49 49
Villain kids in Auradon? What could possibly go wrong? I DO NOT own the rights to Descendants. Just Marley and Luke. Marley x Luke Mal x Ben
13.6K 272 24
I have faith in what I see, Now I know I have met an angel in person, And she looks perfect descendants 1, 2 & 3 carlos x fem! oc rip cameron boyce...
43.5K 913 23
Once upon a time, in a kingdom known as Auradon, lived a young prince. He was one of the most kind and caring princes the kingdom ever had. He cared...