Every tear's a waterfall, eve...

By sterek_stilinskihale

*this story contains very graphic material* Stiles:18 years of age filled with a lifetime of pain and sorrow... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 6

691 24 2
By sterek_stilinskihale

After Derek stormed out the room, he instantly headed for the staff room. Stiles' case was messing with his head. The boy had such an effect on Derek that he physically had to leave to stop himself freaking out. The more he learned about the boy, the more he wanted to help.

Derek knee that technically his job was done, as a doctor that is, as stiles was alive and on his way to recovery but Derek's moral compass was pointing him straight in stiles' direction. He just wanted to help.

That was the reason Derek had originally become a doctor, he wanted to feel that sense of accomplishment and importance when he saved another persons life, however he did not feel that with stiles, because although he knew stiles was safe for the time being, he knew he was in fact NOT safe at all.

Even though stiles would not specify where his other injuries came from, Derek knew. He just didn't know who. Stiles had made an off hand comment about his fathers carelessness towards his earlier in the day, but that was not proof of anything. As far as he knew, stiles was at the end of his last year of high school, a position Derek himself had been in only 4 years prior. However there were massive differences between himself in that position and stiles'.

When he was in his last months of school, him and his family had been looking for universities where he could go and study to gain his doctor degree; stiles however had been going home beaten,bruised and battered until it became too much and had tried to kill himself. Obviously there could be other factors involved, such as chemical imbalances in the brain causing depression, suicidal thoughts and tendencies, anxiety etc but the abuse had definitely contributed towards stiles' unhappiness.

Derek sat down in one of the small, uncomfortable chairs that sat in the corner of the room whilst cradling his coffee to his chest. Now on his break, he allowed his thoughts to run wild.

Derek was gay, he knew that. He had never had any doubts about it and his family had been very accepting and loving, he had a perfect childhood with loving parents and happy siblings. He came out to them when he was 15 although he had known himself since he first thought that Jack was more beautiful than Rose.

At first it scared him a little, because all of his friends had recently just started talking about the good looking girls of their class, and who was cute and who was asking who out and he tried to hard to be part of the conversations, fake laughing his way through them and giving a random comment to feel like he belonged, but he knew he didn't.

For them first few years he put up with it, to scared to say otherwise but as his friends started growing older and more serious about their attraction to girls, and started to get real girlfriends, he knew he was at his breaking point.

Then SEX became a thing talked about seriously within his group, and his friend lost his virginity and tried bragging about it and he just broke. Simply broke.

He poured his heart and soul out to his friends, and some of them took the news fine, being old enough and mature enough to understand that this was a big deal and meant a lot to him. The others however did not realise how much it had been eating Derek up inside, and pushed him around in the beginning a little bit but over all they took the news very well and nothing much changed.

The next week he told his parents. He had originally planned to tell them that night, but could not bring himself to as he was too worried that they wouldn't accept it. He was scared shitless. After having a prep talk from his best friend and realising he needed to man up, he told his parents.

They were sat at the dining table, all 5 of them and just as they finished eating, Derek blurted it out. He kept his eyes downcast, fiddling with his fingers under the table.

Derek has received a few off hand comments from his friend about how he didn't 'look gay' as he had just started to build a bit of muscle and had the first sprouts of facial hair and had all the girls wooing over his at school. Derek didn't care if he 'looked' gay or not. He just cared about how his parents reacted.

So as he blurted it out, everyone froze. Derek could feel the tears spring to his eyes and he interpreted the silence as rejection and he began to push his chair back to leave. A hand stopped him however. His head shot up to see his mother staring at him with shocked yet accepting eyes as well as his sisters, his father however just looked confused.

"Aww baby, that's fine" his mother muttered whilst soothing his hand with her soft fingers. His sisters nodded their head agreeing with what his mother had said and he shot a hopeful glance towards his father.

Everything was quiet for a moment, and Derek's fears began climbing up within him again, until his dad coughed to clear his throat.

"I-erm I, that's good to hear Derek" his dad stuttered, he has always been emotionally crippled anyways, later Derek found that's where he got it from.

Derek breathed out a sigh in deep relief, knowing that it was just his fathers way of saying that it was okay.

"Are you sure dad?" Derek asked hesitantly.

"Yes, I was just a little shocked and confused is all" his dad smiles sweetly at him and he realised just how amazing his family were.

Flash forward to to present time, Derek relaxed a little into his chair at the memory. Derek's memory had been triggered by seeing stiles. Stiles was exactly Derek's type, not that he would tell anyone that; it was highly unprofessional.

But stiles had the beautifully lilthe body, creamy pale skin dotted with moles that Derek would love to mark, big brown doe eyes and a beautiful think head of brown soft hair. Absolutely Derek's type. However, said beautiful skin was plagued with horrid scars, wounds and bruised, and said eyes were engulfed by dark rings that contrasted his skin so terribly and Derek wanted nothing more than to comfort the boy, hold him and tell him that everything would be okay, that he would hold him and that he wouldn't be alone anymore. Unfortunately, Derek knew he couldn't do that. Yet.

Derek knee he had upset stiles by leaving so abruptly, he could almost smell the boys pain as he left, however Derek HAD to leave. He wouldn't be able to control himself otherwise because the idea of someone hurting stiles, hurt him.

He shook his legs out and decided he needed to get back to work, and more importantly back to stiles. The boy was scared and alone and Derek had only just started to calm him down before he had stormed out.

Derek made his way down the corridors, knowing off by heart which room stiles was in. As he reached the door, he paused to take a breath.

He slowly pushed open the door, looking inside to see a lump under all the blankets. He quietly made his way into the room, sitting in the chair beside stiles' bed. The boy was facing away from Derek, with his legs curled up to him and his arms pulled to his chest, making him look impossibly small. Derek feared he could break the boy so easily.

Stiles was asleep, Derek could tell by his heavy yet soft breathing and relaxed heart rate beeping through the heart monitor he was still attached to.

Derek stayed by stiles' bedside for at least another 30 minutes before stiles started to mutter to himself. Derek leaned in closer to try and hear the boy, but stiles whisperes quickly turned to shouts and screams.

Derek was on alert instantly, realising that stiles was having a nightmare as he leaned over the boy and gently took hold of his shoulders, shaking them gently. He shook with more force as stiles became more panicked, until he realised it wouldn't work and shouted stiles' name.

"STILES!" Derek bellowed to awake stiles from the impending nightmares and stiles' eyes shot open. He looked utterly terrified until his eyes settled on Derek's and he became aware of where he was and who was holding him. He flinched away from Derek, screwing his eyes up in the process as he muttered out an apology.

Derek moved to sit back in the chair, releasing a deep breath of relief as he looked to the boy in front of him.

"I'm the one that ahould be saying sorry stiles" Derek spoke.

"I'm sorry for leaving so abruptly earlier, I just have limited experiences with cases like yours, and earlier I lost my self control as I honeslty just want to help you but I am sincerely sorry" Derek spoke with shame and stiles' doe eyes met his from the bed.

"It's fine" stiles said with no confidence.

They were interrupted by a knock at the door. Both of them turned to see who it was and noticed the sheriff walk in.

Derek noticed stiles gulp.

"Stiles" the sheriff greeted hoarsely.
Derek stood but did not move to leave the room, too scared as to stiles' own nervousness to feel comfortable leaving him alone with the man.

"Doctor, please may I have a moment alone with my son" the sheriff spoke as an instruction not as an querie. Derek locked eyes with stiles, who looked terrified but nodded slowly from his position in the bed behind his father.

Derek hesitated but agreed, turning his back and walking towards the door. However, when reaching the outside of the door, he stayed put. Derek was not better than spying, and if it included stiles' safety, Derek was tuning in.

"Son, what the hell is wrong with you?" The sheriff growled. Derek heard it perfectly through the deceptively unsoundproof doors.

" I thought that's what you wanted, you've never refrained from wishing me dead before, so I thought I would have finally made you proud" stiles chuckled humourlessly.

"You FUCKING SPASTIC. Do you know how retarded you are. It's almost like you were trying to get me caught, you attention seeking little shit. Couldn't even kill you self properly" the boys father spoke with disgust.

"I really wish it were you. Your mother DIED because of YOU. If you were never born I would still have my beautiful wife and not some disappointment of a child to look after"

He could hear stiles sobbing and his heart split in two.

" I wish the last time I beat you, I kicked you so hard you passed out and never woke up" the sheriff spat and derek decided he had enough. He slammed the door open and hauled the sheriff out of the room, throwing him to the floor and shutting the door behind him to make sure stiles didn't see this.

The sheriff stared up at him, confused.

"You disgusting human being. Get the fuck out of this building now and never come back. Or I might fucking kill you myself" Derek growled, clenching his fists and baring his teeth.

The sheriff made his way to his feet.

"This is not over" he stormed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 6.5K 23
Stiles is 17 years, hyperactive and maybe even a little too sarcastic boy from Beacon Hills. His life is different, he is in a pack. Yes, a werewolf...
1.1K 44 10
Derek has spent his whole life recovering from one heartbreak and betrayal after another. Stiles has spent his whole life pining for someone who woul...
550 26 1
"The first time I kissed you, you became the most important thing in my life. I would do absolutely anything for you and I never want you to doubt th...
727K 22.5K 31
"Scott... I, I- I have cancer." I say, shutting my eyes, waiting nervously for his reaction. "What?" He asks, in disbelief. "Yeah, I have-" "Don't sa...