When it Rains | Daniel Riccia...

By kisses1808

Alexia Parks finds herself torn between her familiar boyfriend of the past few years and a new employee of th... More

Chapter 1 - He's coming!
Chapter 2 - An introduction
Chapter 3 - Girl's Night
Chapter 4 - First Race Weekend
Chapter 5 - Wondering Eyes
Chapter 6 - Catch up
Chapter 7 - Group Date
Chapter 8 - Smiling Through It
Chapter 9 - Dirty.Ugly.
Chapter 10 - China?
Chapter 11 - Anticipation
Chapter 12 - Instigations
Chapter 13 - Always a Victim
Chapter 14 - Little Comforts
Chapter 15 - Brotherly Love
Chapter 16 - Sorry For Living
Chapter 17 - Longing
Chapter 19 - Salty
Chapter 20 - Wine Time
Chapter 21 - Sight Seeing
Chapter 22 - Sun Things Never Change
Chapter 23 - The Rain in Spain
Chapter 24 - The Rain in Spain Pt 2
Chapter 25 - The Rain in Spain Pt 3
Chapter 26 - Take it in
Chapter 27 - Summer Break Begins
Chapter 28 - Cassandra
Chapter 29 - Sickly Sweet
Chapter 30 - Disclosure
Chapter 31 - A Date?
Chapter 32 - A trip to the Market
Chapter 33 - Red, Red Wine
Chapter 34 - Sparks Fly
Chapter 35 - Begin Again
Chapter 36 - None Of Your Business
Chapter 37 - Reassurance
Chapter 38 - A Day Out
Chapter 39 - Something Brewing
Chapter 40 - Bubble Bubble
Chapter 41 - Toil & Trouble

Chapter 18 - Instant Regret

3.2K 44 4
By kisses1808

Alexia POV

He kissed my neck and I melted into the feeling of his warm lips on my skin. Pure euphoria raging through me. Our heads fumbled around aggressively seeking out each other's lips. Desperate to be touched the kiss didn't have time to develop, immediately it was hungry and raw. I stopped abruptly. "Let's get out of here," I whispered into his ear and took his hand without waiting for a response. I did think about Jen as I left but figured she'd understand.

We got into a taxi that was parked outside the club, Mike gave the driver the hotel's address and told him to hurry. I was giggling when he pulled me onto his lap in the back seat. The closeness of our bodies setting a new sense of urgency between us. I pulled away from his lips to take a breathe, sure that my lipstick was now all over my face.

Mike, on the other hand, didn't stop, from my lips, he trailed his wet kisses down the sweet spot of my neck causing me to jerk from the dripping sensation of my lower region. "Like that, huh?"

"You have no idea," I moaned my lips finding his again.

We barely made it out of the elevator, running like crazy teens down the passage to his room. Just as the door closed behind me I was pinned to the wall, blaming it on the toxins in my bloodstream I switched my brain off and let my body take over. I knew that if I stopped to think about it, I wouldn't go through with it and I needed this.

I needed to be out of my mind just for a little while. His hands on my hips slowly sliding up my sides, my dress pulling up slightly at the friction from his touch. He moved up over my arms and around the back of my neck. He moved my hair away from his target and went in to give me soft kisses, nipping every now and then sending another surge of wetness to drip from between my legs. I moaned and he took that as encouragement to carry on. He moved quickly, turning me around. My hands now flush on the wall in front of me, my head resting on the wall as I feel the zip of my dress slowly permitting my body more room and then finally his hands on my shoulders to let it drop to the floor.

Now in just my underwear, I turn around to reveal my half-exposed body to him. I'm slightly nervous and worried about being rejected, but the look in his eyes tells me that he's happy with the sight in front of him.

"Perfect," He says before bending down to take a nipple into his mouth, slowly twirling his tongue around it while his hand kneads the other gently I sunk my hand into his freshly cut hair pulling at the ends when he hits a sensitive spot. After a few moments, he drags his mouth over my chest to do the same to the opposite breast. I can barely stand from the electricity coursing through my body, my legs shaking and my hand basically ripping his hair out of this point. I feel an arm under my bum before I'm lifted and dropped onto his soft bed.

He turned his back to me, and for an instant, I thought he was going to leave, but he opened a drawer and returned with a foil square just in his boxers.

"Are you sure, Lex?"

I nodded, and closed my eyes, as I shifted back onto the bed. I could hear him shuffling and tearing of the wrapper. I took my panties off, still not looking at him. When I finally opened my eyes and looked at him, he'd covered himself with the condom and was examining my naked body in front of him.

He moved between my legs. I did as he requested and opened my legs, to allow him to cover me with his toned body. I could feel the coolness of his covered erection as it came into contact with my heated centre. My abdomen clenched, and I braced myself.

However, Mike didn't enter me. He kissed me fiercely and pushed his tongue in as I gasped. My hips moved of their own accord, rocking against his arousal, absolutely begging for his dick to penetrate me at this point.

His kisses moved along my jaw and down my neck, where he nibbled again. My head felt fuzzy, but I put it down to the liquor and bucked my hips again harder against his dick. My fingers wove into his hair again. I whined again and he laughed in my neck. Then, without warning, pushed into me; half at first and then after two or three thrusts all the way.

I cried out at the satisfaction I felt from his erection finally filling me up. I cling to his neck and wrap my legs around his waist, needing him harder, deeper. I needed more.

"Lex?"

Did he say my name, or am I hearing things? I ignore it and carry on rocking into him, he stopped moving

"Alexia? Are you okay?"

"What? I'm fine, let's just carry on okay." I lifted my upper half to try and kiss him, but he moved away from me. What the fuck?

"Lex, you're crying! Did I hurt you? Are you okay?" Crying? I lifted my hand to my eyes and sure enough, the fucking things were leaking again.

"Shit! No, Mike, I'm fine, I don't know what this is about honestly. I want to carry on, please." I begged him to let it go and forget about it

"Lex, what's going on. I don't feel right carrying on while you're crying. Kind of a turn off you know. We can talk if you want to, I hope I didn't pressure you into anything you didn't want to do," he said now sitting back and finding his boxers.

Fuck, how did we get to this? I knew where Mike was coming from but His voice was in the back of my head telling me that Mike was rejecting me, that I was in fact a slut and that I should be ashamed of myself. Getting drunk and slipping into bed with the first person who paid interest in me, while dressed like a complete whore in red.

"I'm so sorry, I have to go. I'm sorry." I slipped off the bed, taking the bed sheet with me to find my clothing that was now scattered around the hotel room. I felt him behind me as I was slipping my last shoe on so I turned around and he opened his arms for a hug. I was embarrassed and ashamed. This was a huge mistake and should have never happened. I accepted his hug and he asked me if I was okay again. I nodded and told him we'd talk the next day.

"I can walk you back to your room?" He sweetly offered, but that would just make things worse. I was on the verge of bursting into tears again and I couldn't chance it.

"No, I think it's better I walk alone. Thanks, Mike. See you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Lex."

As soon as I hear the door close behind me I run for the elevator, I climb out and spot Nico, Daniel and.. Jen? They're all going into Daniel's room. My heart sinks to my stomach, but I wait for the hall to be empty. I run as fast as possible past his room and to my door just a door away. I reach in my purse frantically trying to find my keycard, but it's nowhere to be found.

My legs give in and I sink down to the floor. Unable to stop the tears I empty my clutch's contents onto the floor in front of me. It's gone. I don't know what to do, I'm not about to go to Dan's room. There's no way in hell I'm ready to face all of that after tonight, so I let myself cry. As soon as I did His voice came back "Newsflash no-one is coming Princess."

I reach for my phone in the mess on the floor.

Nico, I need your help.

I'm sorry to bug you.

Please

Hoping that he'll hear his phone and not alert the others.

- Where are you?

- Come outside Dan's room

Two minutes later his door opens and Nico walks out looking at his phone and then in every direction till he sees me on the floor. Quickly he jogs to me and is about to start fussing but I put my hand to my lips and he looks around again.

"No, just help me get inside, please. My room key is gone and I can't get in." I explained

"Why are you crying, Lex? What happened, did Mike-"

"No."I almost yell and then lower my voice again keeping in mind who's in that room. "No, nothing like that. I just can't find my fucking keys. Nico please!" I whine back, not wanting to explain any part of my night in further detail. I start packing up my bag in a complete frenzy. He gets onto his knees and pulls my hands into his and brings them up to his chest. "Alexia, Why are you so upset? What happened?"

"I can't Nic, pl-please don-n't make me," I sob, recalling His words to me that night in my head again "Your loving this, aren't you? Wiggling around like a helpless damsel, waiting for her idiot princes to come and rescue her."

"We'll sort that out tomorrow okay, come" He got up and offered his hand to me to take. I fumbled to get my things back into my bag and took his hand. He leads me to the end of the passage where I knew his room was and opened the door. "Stay here tonight, I'll organise your key to be here by morning. I've lost mine on more than one occasion." He laughed as he started clearing his bed.

I went straight into the bathroom to clean my face knowing that post-sex plus post-cry must look atrocious. Surprisingly, my waterproof eyeliner had actually done its job and my liquid lipstick must've disappeared with all the drinks I had earlier, but my mascara, on the other hand, had spread right down my cheeks. It reminded me of those typical google images of girls crying.

I used Nico's washcloth to wipe the perfect black streaks off my face and added some soap to get rid of the waterproof products. My face was red from the combination of scrubbing and crying. When I finished in the bathroom Nico was sitting under the covers with one PS4 remote on his lap and one in his hands. He pointed to the chair next to me where he had laid out a big t-shirt and sweatpants and then patted the spot next to him where he had rolled back the covers for me. 

I grabbed the clothing and went back into the bathroom, asking if he could wait for me to shower before he started the game, he nodded and added that he would make some coffee for us both while he waited.

I got out the shower, washing the night off me.

Washing Mike off of me.

I climbed in bed next to Nico and he put his arm out for me to cuddle into. "I'm sorry Nic, I've ruined your night and forced you to come to my rescue again. I'm so sorry," I burst into tears again at the last point realising that He was right. I was weak and pathetic and needed the attention so I got myself into stupid situations and manipulated men to come to my rescue. It was wrong and disgusting.

"I'm not sure if I was supposed to hear the inner monologue or not, but I NEVER want to hear you say or think that of yourself ever again. If you are referring to Ryan and the shit he used to tell you I need you to understand here for the last time, that HE was the manipulative liar that got you to say and do whatever he wanted and when he realised that he couldn't control you because you ARE NOT weak like he tried to make you, he turned around and used physical abuse to control you. He's a coward and a worthless piece of shit, Lex. You are beautiful and smart and any guy would be hitting the jackpot to spend even a couple minutes in your presence. So stop reciting that shit to yourself. I would swim across oceans to make you smile, so would your brother and so would Daniel.. Do not ever think that you are bothering any of us when you're upset okay, we're all here for you. Always!" I was now sobbing my heart out into the pillow, but I had stopped fighting what he was trying to tell me and I listened.

I lifted my head and he was staring at me with worry in his eyes, "Lex, what happened tonight?" He asked softly. I knew that it was pointless trying to run away from it.

"I slept with Mike." I looked away from him not able to see his expression, "but, I started crying and he noticed and then I begged him to carry on and he became too caring and wanted to talk so I got dressed and left. Then when I got to our floor I saw you .. Daniel and Jen going into his room and..I dunno I jus.. I just lost it." I sniffed and took a breathe "Then I ran to my room before I started crying again and I couldn't find my room key, then I messaged you after having a full-on panic attack on the floor." I was playing with the string on his sweatpants. He lifted my head with his hand and was shaking his head.

"You should've just come with us, Lex."

"I didn't know what you guys were doing and I didn't want to dis- disturb Dan and Jen if something wa- was going on." I felt pathetic saying that out loud after I was the one that tried to set them up in the first place. I don't even know why I felt weird about thinking about the two of them together. I mean for fuck sake I was just fucking Mike an hour ago.

"Nothing is going on with them Lex, trust me," he reassured me. "We were just going there for a nightcap slash coffee since Sandra told us you'd already left with Mike."

"I've fucked everything up Nic"

"I'm not going to lie to you kid, you've definitely made a mess, but nothing is broken."

"Except me," I added.

"Lex, I shouldn't be the one to tell you either of these things, but because you're such a hot mess right now and I know you'll feel better after I do, so I will make an exception." He said sighing "Jennifer was interested in Mike. They had been talking while you took some time off and she thought that he was into her, but when you came back to work he started getting distant. She thought that they would hook up this weekend, but instead, he went for you." OH MY GOD!!!

"And now I've fucking slept with him! Oh my god! She's never going to forgive me for this Nico!" Hands now covering my face. "You said there were two things.." I braced myself for the next blow.

"Right, uh. It's Daniel - he has feelings for you and not just the friendship ones." What? I looked up and over at him completely taken off-guard.

"Say that again." Blinking a couple of times.

"He has real feelings for you Lex, he was devastated tonight when he saw you on the dancefloor tonight with Mike and then he found out you left with him. He even had a couple of Jagerbombs at the bar to numb it away. He literally knocked down my door because you were at the club with Mike and not us. That's when we saw you and that's how we ended up at his hotel room."

"Wait - I'm still trying to process this. Daniel likes me? Why me? I thought we were just friends. I thought... I thought it was just me." I said more to myself than Nico, but he heard me.

"Wait! You like Daniel too? Then why did you sleep with Mike?"

"Argghh! I don't know. I thought that he would never be interested in me that way, I mean yeah he always makes stupid jokes, but I never took it seriously. He's Daniel Ricciardo and I'm some frumpy chick that happens to work for the same company." FYI: I'm crying again.

"Nic, I've fucked everything up. Now he'll never even look at me again, am I a slut? What is wrong with me? I never do shit like this! He'll never believe me. They both hate me don't they?" I got up for some water unable to catch a breath.

I was having my second panic attack for the evening, my chest getting tight, my thoughts becoming overwhelming and fuzzy. I'm pacing just to get the excess adrenaline out of my system. Nico got out of bed and came over to hug me. I broke again. "Shhhh, Lex. Just breathe okay. Stay with me. Just breathe," He squeezes me tighter "I shouldn't have told you that I'm sorry."

"What is wrong with me? How do I fix this Nic?" I croak out into his chest.

"One step at a time, kid. No one hates you. I promise. I was just with them, they're just worried. Now come back to bed. Let's play some FiFA" I laugh at his problem-solving skills and follow his directions.

It was early still when I had gotten back to my hotel room, so it couldn't have been much later than 1 am when Nico took the controller out my hands and switched the lights off before climbing onto the pullout opposite me.

-

I hear voices in the background, I've been in and out of sleep all night and then I finally heard Nico getting up to shower so I'm just trying to delay opening my eyes for as long as possible.

"Yeah, she's in there Dan."

"In your bed?"

"Yes, I slept on the couch - chill dude."

"Can I go in? We haven't really spoken this weekend."

"Uh yeah, I'm not going to stop you, but she's sleeping and she has a pretty rough night. Maybe just wait till you see her later. Besides we have to get going, practice is soon."

When I realise Daniel is the other voice I freeze, there's no way I'm going to get up now. Pretty sure I kicked off Nico's sweatpants last night which makes me practically naked beside his t-shirt and my panties. Nope definitely not going to move.

"Okay, buddy - that's quite enough of that. This is not a peep show and that's my sister!"

I hear some shuffling around and then.

"Hmmm, you really don't see her that way? It's kinda hard to believe that you can have that in your bed, in your shirt no less, and you only see her as a 'sister'.."

This was the first time I've ever really heard Daniel talk about me or any girl in a sexual manner and I can't help, but smile a little at the fact that Nico had to pull him away from staring at me. Kinda cute, kinda creep- oh my god! What is on display that Nico had to drag Daniel away? I shift slightly to become more aware of my surroundings, feeling the sheets wrapped around one foot, the other open. The sheet stretches along my leg and I realise that I'm only covered on one side. The other exposed and straddling the duvet.

I'm lying on my stomach and the shirt that Nico gave me is barely covering one butt cheek nevermind both.... and both Daniel and Nico just saw. I squeeze my eyes tighter at the thought, how fucking embarrassing!

"Well, I am human too and no - she's technically not my sister. She's gorgeous, any idiot can see that, but the same second I slip up, Jamie's face pops into my head and suddenly daydreaming isn't worth it. Thinking of her as my sister is just easier."

Omg, so it is true. Any guy friend you've ever had has definitely thought about fucking you at some stage... Just didn't want to think about Nic thinking about me like that, ah! Now it's weird. Forget. Forget. Forget I chant in my head.

"Chill dude, I'm not your competition. She still had pants on when I moved to the couch," He added.

I hear footsteps getting closer and then a tap on my shoulder, "Lex."

Shit, I have to move - slowly I pull the duvet with me as I roll over to the side where his voice is coming from, "Hmm?"

"Lexi Wexi!" I giggle and then groan. "Ah, there she is!" I open my eyes, adjusting to the light of day.

"Morning" I smile

"Listen, we're off to practice. Not sure what you have scheduled.."

I groan again "Ahh my head is fucking killing me!" I hear both him and Daniel snigger in the background. "Ah I need some more sleep, but I'll be down in about an hour or so. Or let's just say before Quali kay?"

More sniggers. Nico wrapped his arms around my head, kissed the top of it and then let go. "There's two Aspirin and a glass of water on the table next to you." Lowering my hands from my face I see Daniel looking on at us from the lounge area, our eyes meet and I'm scared, terrified. Does he hate me? I give him a small smile hoping to find some warmth in return.

"Hey there Darlin!" and there it is, that heavenly smile that could light up any room. I swear I felt my heart swell slightly and a silent conversation took place between the two of us whereby he assured me that we would be okay. I have no idea what he knows at this point, but I'm just happy we're okay.

"Okay, enough making eyes. Time to go. We'll see you later Lex - Oh your new key is on your clothing by the chair"

"Thanks Nic, for everything... I'll see you boys later!"

I rolled back over and kicked my feet like a giddy fish out of water - I know, what the fuck am I saying? I really shouldn't be celebrating after what I fucking did last night, I haven't even thought about Mike or how I'm going to face him today in the garage, but that's a molehill in comparison to the mountain that is my best friend's feelings.

Ahh, Jen - Why didn't you say anything to me you silly woman, I would have never even considered getting together with Mike I had any idea she had even the slightest bit of interest in him. "Arrrggghhh!" I growl into the pillow once more before reaching over for the tablets and lifting up to take a drink of water.

Shit, what did I have to drink last night - my head feels like it's about to explode. I need these pills to work their magic quickly.

I got up and put the sweatpants I had discarded last night, back on and collected my dress and shoes from the night before. I put my clutch over my shoulder and held my room key tightly in my hand before making the bed and returning to my room.

There I plugged my phone in to charge while the espresso machine made me some much-needed coffee. I opened my laptop and tended to some emails, confirming some arrangements I have for the boys later today. My phone buzzed and I reached over to check the notification.

1 New Message - Mike

Oh god.. I suck in a big breath prepared my big girl pants and unlock my phone

Hey Lex, I just wanted to make sure you're okay and that I hope you don't mind, but I'm bringing another date to the event in Monaco. Just wanted to let you know I had these plans already and I don't want you to feel weird about things. Hope we can still be friends xxx

I laughed, out loud! Ahh and just when I was feeling bad for ditching him last night, he dumps me right back! Ah, that's hilarious and I'm fucking relieved! I never had feelings for Mike, I think he's hot and that's as deep as it goes. I was still laughing when I started typing back my reply

Hey Mikey! I'm good, no worries. Definitely paying for the amount of alcohol I ingested, but good. Thanks for clearing things up though - I never expected anything more. We're still friends, that won't change. Besides who's going to be my travel buddy :) I'll see you later.

- Oh good! I was worried about that but happy that things won't change. See ya soon xxx

Shaking my head, I locked my phone and put it back on the side table when I realised it was probably time to start making it up to Jen now and beg for her forgiveness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 4.7K 126
Alex is a young girl brought up around formula one. There's trauma and heartbreak in her life. She lands a job with the McLaren team and travels the...
231K 4K 49
'Someone who has undergone challenges but continues to thrive despite everything they've gone through. Sometimes, you don't recognize a broken soul u...
88K 988 29
This is a story of a girl called Marley, who's father is the best friend of Toto Wolff. She happens to stumble into Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc a...
70.1K 2.7K 35
Georgina Preston has heard everything about Daniel Ricciardo. Whispers from friends of friends have kept her endlessly up to date with his life even...