Mine for the Year

By catrynaa

Damon Blackwood. Soon to be CEO of Blackwood Industries. If you asked people to describe him, the first words... More

Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Bonus Chapter 1 -Damon's POV
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 7

91.6K 3K 387
By catrynaa

Let me know how this chapter is guys!

Just a picture of Matt for you guys😫

~ ~ ~

As they left, Delaney and Gabe turned to me. Gabe hadn't been talking much at first, but he smiled at me now. "You guys were great. If I didn't know, I totally would've bought it."

I smiled shyly before going upstairs to grab my purse from last night and calling Ash to tell her I was fine. "Woah, where do you think you're going?" Damon stopped me as I tried to go out the front door.

"I have to run some errands. And now I need to find a new job," I sighed worriedly. I still had to pay this month's bills for my apartment, but Matt's hospital bill was only growing.

"No you're not," Damon commanded.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You don't need a job," he announced.

"What do you mean I don't need a job! I still have bills to pay Damon."

He grunted. "For what? Look I'll give you a $50,000 every month. And then you can get the rest at the end of the year."

I swear my eyes popped out of my face. "Damon...are you sure? That is a lot of money."

He gave me a thoughtful look. "If I gave you the money. What would you do with it?"

I sighed. I didn't want to tell him about Matt yet. That was too personal. "Umm pay off some...debts. And my bills. And go to college."

He thought for a little while longer before smiling smugly at me. "Then it's done. You stay at home and sign up for an online college course and the rest of the money every month will go to pay off your debts."

I just stood there. I couldn't comprehend why he was doing so much for me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I started crying as I lunged forward and gave him a hug. "You don't know how much this means to me."

He pulled me closer, not saying anything. It was only then that I realized Delaney and Gabe had been watching our entire confrontation. I turned to find them looking shocked.

I blushed, realizing that I was still holding onto him. "Anyways I have to go meet someone." I said, trying to discreetly slip out of his arms.

"Meet someone? I thought you were running errands." Damon gave me a wary look.

"I am," I didn't give any other explanation, but if he kept at it, I might have to. After all, he was the one paying for Matt's bills. "I'm going to the hospital."

He pulled away from me scanning my body for injuries. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I shifted uncomfortably. "Um yes I'm fine. I'm visiting...a friend. He's not well."

"He?" Damon tensed suddenly. "Who is it?"

I sighed reluctantly. I still didn't want to tell him, but it looked like I didn't have a choice. Trying to stall a little bit longer, I said "Just someone I'm close to."

"Who?" He demanded to know.

Delaney cut in at that moment. "Olivia I'll take you. Which hospital do you need to go to?"

"Washington. Don't worry, I'll take the Subway."

"No, I'm taking you." Damon grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door. Grabbing his keys, he lead me out the door before any of us could protest.

I followed him to the parking garage, admiring the black BMW before sitting inside. Cars weren't really my thing but Matt would have loved this one.

"Who are we going to see again?" Damon asked, his fingers grasping the steering wheel tensely.

I sighed. "My brother."

He relaxed, but then looked at me worriedly. "What's wrong with him, Liv?"

"A car accident. His injuries were pretty serious. He was in a coma for a few months, but now he's recovering." I bit my bottom lip, willing myself not to cry.

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye. "Oh. I'm sorry." He reached out and squeezed my hand. I smiled a little, until he realized what he did and jerked his hand away.

We made a quick stop at a bank. "You can just wait in the car, I'll be quick," I told Damon. He nodded distantly, paying attention to something on his phone. I cashed in my check from yesterday, sighing at the pathetic size of my checking account. I had $623 in there to pay for Matt's hospital bills, all my groceries, my rent, and my bills. I closed my eyes, feeling a headache coming on.

I didn't even work at the restaurant anymore, so I couldn't do what I usually did and eat the leftovers to save grocery money. Instead of groceries, I put that money to Matt's hospital bills and a very small savings account.

Walking back to her car, I slid into the seat quietly. I know Damon offered me all that money, but every time I thought about taking it I felt like such a gold digger.

He began driving silently and I put my head against the window. "We're here."

I looked up in surprise. That was quick. I got out of the car before turning back to look at Damon. I hesitantly told him, "You're welcome to come if you want. You can meet Matt." I wasn't sure if he wanted to, but I asked anyway. Just to be polite.

To my surprise, he nodded and turned off the car's ignition. I walked up to the same room I'd been going to for so long, with Damon following close behind.

Knocking on the door gently before walking in, I peeked in cautiously. Matt was sitting upright in his bed, scribbling furiously in a notebook. When he noticed me come in, he beamed. "Olive! Guess who's going to be out of here in a week."

"Seriously?" I ran to him, giving him a tight hug. I knew he was getting out some time this month, but I just didn't know when.

Damon walked up behind me just as I released Matt from his bone crushing hug.

Matt laughed. "Chill sis, if you break my bones I'll be stuck in here again." He turned to Damon, narrowing his eyes when he noticed him grab my hand. "Who's this?"

I turned to Damon, wondering if I should tell him the truth or our story. As much as I wanted to tell Matt, this wasn't my call. "I'm Damon, Olivia's fiancé." He reaches out to shake my little brother's hand.

Matt's mouth dropped open. "OLIVE! When the fuck did you even get a boyfriend."

"Stop cursing Matt." I shook my head disapprovingly at him. "It's a long story, I'll fill you in once you're released."

I could see his mind running a million miles an hour. "Shouldn't you be at work right now?"

"I—"

Damon cut me off. "She quit."

Matt stared at me in shock. "What? I know that job was awful for you, but what are you going to do now. Have you found another job? As soon as I get out, I'm sure I can get a part time job somewhere, but..."

Standing there next to him, I felt awful. What kind of sister was I? I was barely managing all these bills and now there was so much pressure on Matt because of me. He was 16 for God's sake. He should be worried about college and parties, not paying bills.

"Don't worry about that, you'll be living with me," Damon told me. Matt arched an eyebrow and looked at me. He knew this was out of character for me. Damon continued, "Since you're only going to be here for another week, I'll get started on enrolling you to New York Day School."

Now me and Matt were both staring at him with our mouths wide open. That was the most elite private school in this area. Don't get me wrong, Matt was definitely smart enough to go there, but it was crazy expensive.

Damon turned around abruptly. "I'll give you guys some privacy for a few minutes."

"Olive who the hell did you agree to marry? And when did this happen? Why is this the first time I'm hearing about it?" Matt began shooting questions at me faster than I could answer.

I sighed in frustration. Once I got home, I would beg Damon to tell Matt and Ash. They were the two people I trusted them with my life and I knew they would never tell anyone. I knew there was no way I could keep this from either of them.

"Matt, I promise I know what I'm doing. Please trust me." I held his hand.

He sighed. "Alright, but be careful."

I giggled a little. "I'm your older sister, shouldn't I be saying that to you." I ruffled his hair, in the way that I knew annoyed him so much. He swatted my hands away.

I got up, remembering that I had to pay the bills for today. Last time I checked, the total had come out to be a couple thousand dollars. I definitely did not have that much, but I would give what I had for now.

I walked over to the front desk. After telling them the patient name that I was paying for, I pulled out my card to pay. "Excuse me, ma'am. The bill has already been paid in full."

My neck shot up in surprise. "What are you talking about?"

"It seems that someone has already paid for Matthew's bill. Only a couple of minutes ago."

I turned around and walked back to Matt's room. I felt numb; such a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

I wasn't dumb, I knew who had paid the bill: Damon. Who else could it have been?

Seeing him outside Matt's door, I raced to him excitedly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." I wrapped my arms around his waist. He glanced down at me, and then hesitantly copied my actions. His arms went around my shoulders and he pulled me closer into his chest.

~ ~ ~

Just wanted to let y'all know that I love David Dobrik. Okay peace out😎✌🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 99K 44
Highest #1 - #babies #1 - #motherlove Terrence didn't waste a moment in pressing me up against the kitchen counter. "When..." He grow...
28.5K 565 80
Eighteenth-tier actress Qin Yu Jue took on the next love variety show, and her agent chose an amateur to play the fake boyfriend for her. On the day...
1.3M 32.2K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
17.8K 1.5K 53
COMPLETED ✔️(Editing Soon) "Marry me." I nearly spill my latte on the nicest dress I own. "Are you out of your mind?! We just met... plus I don't e...