The Fighters Girl

By RascaIs

Previous title: The Fighter When Hawk and Hazel meet on a plane, they made a deal. Tell all, no judging, mak... More

Introduction.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
Epilogue

6.

59K 1.6K 166
By RascaIs

Hazel pressed her lips together against a smile and kept her eyes forward.

"I know, dude, it was brutal. I would bet money that he's winning the championship this year," Jake Bishop said reverently.

"It's no wonder they call him the Devil. I mean, did you see that smile on his face after Mickey got one hit in? It was deadly, man."

"I would do anything to get five minutes with Hawkins, just to talk to him you know? Get inside his head. My birthday is coming up, maybe my parents could set something up."

Hazel rolled her eyes up and sighed a little. She turned around and looked at Jake.

"Maybe I can help you out," she said. He sent a glance her way and straightened.

"Hazel, hey. Help me out with what?" he asked with a flirty smile.

"The five minutes with Hawk. I happen to have it on good authority he's coming here tomorrow and staying for a few days."

Jake's eyes widened.

"No, way. Why would he come here? He doesn't have a fight here or anything."

"No, he's visiting."

"Who?"

She hesitated and bit her lip.

"Uh, me."

Jake's expression fell and a mocking smile tilted up his lips.

"All right, Hazel. Very funny. Is he even visiting?"

Hazel quirked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, he'll be staying at a hotel about five minutes from here.

Jake looked at her with a measuring gaze, like he wasn't sure whether or not to believe her. He then confirmed this glance when he said, "I don't know whether or not to believe you."

Hazel shrugged.

"Whatever, I don't really care. I just figured I'd do you a solid since your birthday is coming up."

A hint of excitement leaked into Jake's skeptical expression.

"Okay, I'll bite. How do you know Hawkins?"

Hazel rubbed her index finger over her eyebrow and let out a deep sigh.

"That's a rather long story," she muttered.

"Shorten it," Jake shot back with zero hesitation.

She chuckled and shrugged.

"All right, uh, so we met-"

The teacher walked into the classroom and Hazel's lips quirked up.

"How about this. I still have the invitation to the party you're throwing. I wasn't really planning on going, no offense, you're a cool dude but parties are not my thing, but I'll stop by, bring Hawk."

He nodded with his jaw open and she offered him another smile before turning around.

She pulled out her phone and hid it on her lap.

Hazel: Wanna go to a party tmrw night?

Hawk: Baby, if you wanna show me off all you gotta do is ask ;)

Hazel: Cute. You're actually a b-day present for a friend of mine.

Hawk: ...you're pimping me out?

Hazel: NO! No. Not a girl.

Hawk: You're friends with a guy?

Hazel: Um...yeah. Several, in fact.

Hawk: Do you think he's hot?

Hazel glanced back at Jake and ran an assessing eye over him. He was looking at her with a curious expression which she ignored.

Hazel: Yeah, he's hot. I mean, not hot as in Hawkins Davila hot, but hot nonetheless.

Hawk: No.

Hazel: No what?

Hawk: No, I don't want to go to the party. I refuse to support any friendships you have with someone who has a dick.

Hazel: Does that include Martin/Martha? He/She is really nice.

Hawk: You're hilarious.

Hazel: Seriously Hawk, I'm going to have friendships with guys.

Hawk: Why?! Aren't I enough for you?

Hazel: Oh come on. Has it occurred to you that I've been going to school with these guys since kindergarten and nothing has ever happened? There's a reason. I. Don't. Like. Them. Like. That.

Hawk: Will you make out with me in front of them?

Hazel: Sure, baby, whatever you want.

Hawk: Will you let me feel you up in front of them?

Hazel: No. We'll save that for home.

Hawk: Alright. Fine. I'll come to your friend's party. What's his name?

Hazel: Jake

Hawk: God, what a douchebag.

Hazel: You're insane.

Hawk: This is true. Unfortunately, Cane is going to shank me if I keep texting you on training time. Talk to you tonight, babe.

Hazel: Kay.

Hazel turned around in her seat and sent Jake a thumbs up.

After class, as she was walking out, Jake caught up to her.

"So, he's coming?" he asked.

"Yeah, he said he'll definitely be there," she said, shooting him a grin.

"Sweet. So, I'm like a huge fan of his and I know that he can kick some serious ass, so I want to know ahead of time. Does his being there mean I should not hit on you?"

Hazel tilted her head back and laughed, not noticing the guys in the hallway stop and stare.

"Yeah. Hawk actually made me promise o make out with him in front of everybody. Sort of staking his claim."

Jake looked at her reverently.

"You call him Hawk?"

"Um, yeah, that's what he told me to call him when we first met. I've literally never called him Hawkins in my life."

"That's so cool," Jake muttered.

Hazel made it to her class and lifted a hand in a half wave.

"See you later Hazel," he called and continued walking down the hallway.

Hazel bounced up and down on the balls of her feet, searching among the throngs of people coming off the escalator. She was so excited about Hawk coming in, she had put a little more into her appearance than usual (First outfit) . She should have known that he wouldn't be too hard to spot. As soon as the top of his head of hair came into sight, she squealed. Some of the families waiting around her gave her odd looks but she ignored them.

Hawk was a good couple of inches above everyone around him. He looked amazing. Tired, but amazing. His hair was sexily disheveled, there was some stubble on his strong jaw. She couldn't see his eyes from the distance, but she knew they would be a bright stunning green that she could easily drown in. As soon as he stepped off, his eyes honed in on Hazel and his lips split into a huge grin.

A woman to the left of Hazel actually sighed.

Hazel ran forward and jumped onto him, Latching her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He laughed and immediately brought one arm under her ass as a shelf and the other one went across her upper back. She buried her face in his neck, vaguely aware of him walking towards baggage claim, and inhaled deeply. The smell that was perfectly unique to him, seductively spicy and all male, assaulted her senses and she almost cried from the relief of smelling it again. She felt lips press in on the side of her head so she lifted it to catch them before they went away. She moved her hands up to cup his face and opened her mouth immediately upon contact. He did the same and tangled the hand that was on her back in her hair, tilting her head so he could deepen the kiss. She tangled their tongues together and he growled deep in his throat. He pulled away nibbling on her bottom lip, and she became aware of the clicking of cameras nearby. She glanced around and found that people had realized who Hawk was and wanted to capture the moment. She untangled herself from him and dropped to the floor, her face flooding with heat.

"Hey," Hawk muttered, grabbing her chin and tilting it up so she was looking at him, "fuck em, yeah?"

"Yeah," she agreed softly, leaning up to press one hard closed mouth kiss on his lips before pulling away. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her tightly into his side, sending glares to the people still watching. She took note of the duffle bag slung over his shoulder.

"Do you have an actual bag, too?"

Hawk chewed on his lip thoughtfully and glanced down at her.

"Uh, no, but you do."

"Huh?"

He didn't elaborate, instead watching the conveyor belt move slowly with bags on top. When he spotted the one he wanted, he let go of Hazel to grab it before returning and confiscating her hand.

"Let's go," he said, pressing a kiss to the top of her head before walking to the parking garage.

"Wait, what did you mean earlier?" she asked, pulling him to a stop.

"I'll show you later, baby," he murmured.

She sighed deeply, conveying her displeasure, and he chuckled. When they reached her car, he threw the bag in the trunk and circled around to the passenger side. Hazel was already waiting in the drivers side, biting her lip and thumping her thumbs on the steering wheel impatiently.

"When we get to your hotel room, will I get to see what's in the bag?" she asked as she pulled out of the parking garage.

"Yeah, babe, Just be patient. it's a virtue, you know."

"I'll show you a motherfucking virtue," Hazel muttered, paying for the parking with the money Hawk handed her, though she did it with an eye roll.

She drove a little faster than usual and made it to the hotel Hawk was staying at in less than half an hour.

She handed the valet her keys and grabbed Hawk's outstretched hand. When they walked inside, Hazel's jaw dropped open.

"Holy shit," she murmured.

"What?"

"This place is insane. You really didn't fuck around did you, Davila?"

He chuckled and stroked his thumb over her knuckles, making his way to the front desk. He gave them his name and paid, ignoring the star struck look of the lady, then took his room keys.

When they got to the elevator, he pressed the number twenty-four and Hazel's eyes got really big.

"You scared of heights?" Hawk asked. Hazel silently shook her head.

"Good," he muttered.

They stepped off the elevator and Hawk led her to room 2407. When he slid the room key in and opened the door, there was a catch in her breath and she wandered in, vaguely aware of Hawk watching her with an adoring smirk on his face.

After she looked around a bit, Hawk motioned her to follow him upstairs where he placed the suitcase on the bed. He opened it and she gasped.

"What the hell?" she breathed, coming closer and inspecting all the items.

"Yeah, well, I was just going to get you, like, one thing. Sort of a 'glad I can make out with you again' type of present, but when I got there, I couldn't decide, so...I got, um, a lot."

"No shit," she breathed.

In the bag was sets of jewelry

Hazel ran her eyes over everything in the bag then turned to Hawk.

"Did you pick out all this yourself?" she asked softly.

"Um, yes. Well, no, not exactly. I told the lady at the store what you looked like and a little bit about you, including the belly button thing, obviously, and she picked most of it out. Except for the necklace. That was all me."

He grinned proudly and Hazel shook her head and walked over to him.

"Hawk, I can't-" she stopped and licked her lips. She looked at the hopeful expression in his face and knew she couldn't turn down all this. It meant too much to him.

"You're the best freaking non boyfriend ever," she muttered, wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her face in his chest. He chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

"Well, I do have the best non girlfriend ever, so fair is fair," he said into her hair. She giggled and leaned up on her toes to kiss him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 1.2K 54
"Since you don't know how to shut your fucking mouth, I'll fill it with my cum to shut you up," Kol seethes, looking down at me like I was dirt on hi...
3.8K 136 21
*REMAKE/EDITING COMING SOON AFTER SPIN OFF SERIES* "Stop being so afraid to fall, Sky!" He whispers in exasperation as he tucks a stray lock behind m...
57.7K 836 26
Hello! This is my first book so there will probably be some Errors but i'll try my best to fix it. Also English is not my native language so pardon m...
Mess By S Martin

Teen Fiction

10.4K 441 32
"I'm not good for you, Scott." I say, my voice sounding louder than it did in my head. Scott rubs his face in exasperation and groans before turning...