missing pieces|| bucky barnes

By -BUCKYBXRNES

"i've seen you somewhere." "maybe cause i was known as the winter soldier? "no, not because... More

cast
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
completed !

nineteen

9.9K 265 243
By -BUCKYBXRNES

•••

STEVE WAS OUT of the tower for a few days, him on a quick mission. new year's eve was on monday, it being friday. it was around two in the afternoon, and the streets of new york were covered in snow.

alexa, having nothing else to do, grabbed her pointe shoes. natasha would most likey scold her, but alexa really didn't care. she walked out of her bedroom, pointe shoes on her feet. bucky was with tony and bruce in the lab, so she was alone on her floor.

she stretched first, and she first started with going up on relevé, her realizing she was relying on muscle memory. she did a few pique and chaine tunes around the room. she did a plié in fifth position, then went into relevé in second position.

she was shocked as she danced, memories from the red room didn't haunt her. she enjoyed dancing now, her smiling at the thought.

she did a few turns a la seconde, finishing it with a clean double. she stopped dancing for a moment, fixing her hair. as she was doing so, bucky came up the elevator, seeing alexa.

"hey you, what are you doing?" bucky asked, walking out of the elevator. alexa smiled, bucky heading into the kitchen for a snack.

"found my pointe shoes, decided to try them on and dance for a bit." bucky hummed, turning around to face alexa from the kitchen.

"didn't you, in the red room?" bucky trailed off, alexa nodding. bucky grabbed his plum and some water and sat on the couch, alexa still standing.

"yea, but i know enjoy it, not being forced to dance, you know? i'm now doing it for fun." alexa said, bucky understanding.

"can you, spin and stuff?" bucky asked curiously, alexa laughing.

"if you mean turn, then yes, i can, quite a bit actually. do you wanna see?" she asked, stepping back from bucky. he nodded, alexa prepped to flawlessly do six fouetté turns, ending it with a clean double. she looked at bucky, who's eyes were widened.

"holy shit doll. do you like, get dizzy?" bucky asked, alexa chuckling. she took a seat next to bucky, starting to take off her shoes.

"no, cause we spot. as we turn, our eyes focus on one thing every time." bucky hummed, acknowledging the statement.

"hey, sam and i are gonna go out tonight at around seven, wanna join?" bucky asked, alexa laying her dance shoes on the floor.

"yea sure, cause i'll end up being the designated driver, because you're gonna drink some of thor's alcohol and knowing you two, you'll end up waking up naked in the middle of canada." bucky chuckled softly.

"the scary thing about that is it may actually happen." alexa laughed, shaking her head. she stood up, grabbing her pointe shoes.

"i was planning on going for a walk through central park, see some snow, wanna come?" alexa asked, bucky thinking for a second. he hated the cold, and snow.

"no snowball fights and i'll go." bucky pointed a finger at her, alexa letting her lips quirk up. she knew what he was implying.

"i promise, now go bundle up grandpa or you'll catch a cold." she smiled widely, leaving the room to change. bucky smiled, following her actions to get dressed.

•••

layered in hoodies and jackets, along with gloves and boots, the two held hands as they walked through the park. alexa swung bucky's hand back and forth a bit, causing bucky to bite his lip to hold back a grin.

suddenly, a black and tan german shepherd puppy came up to the two, tail wagging excitedly. alexa immediately let go of bucky's hand to bend down and pet the dog behind the ears.

"you're the cutest dog i've ever seen." alexa cooed, a smile on her face. bucky hesitatingly bent down, and with his left hand, gently pet the dog as well. alexa looked up, quickly looking for the dog's owner.

"oreo! oreo there you are!" a girl, no older then six ran up to the two assassins. she was wearing a white shadow jacket and had a winter solider hat on. bucky and alexa looked at each other for a split second, then back at the little girl.

alexa gave the younger girl a wide small, handing her the leash. the little girl took the leash and smiled. she was missing one of her front teeth.

"thank you for finding oreo." her voice was high pitched, and she had a small lisp. bucky mustered up a small smile, continuing to pet the puppy.

"you're welcome babydoll. oreo is a cute name." bucky spoke sweetly, alexa watching the little girl giggle at the nickname.

"i know! mama said it was a fitting name cause shes sweet like the cookie!" alexa and bucky smiled softly at her, the girl giggling.

"what's your name honey? is your mama here?" alexa asked her, seeing bucky out of the corner of her eye scan his surroundings for a mother.

"my names octavia. oh no, i forgot to tell mama where i was going." the little girl looked close to tears.

"it's okay sweetheart, we'll find your mom." bucky looked at alexa, who nodding. octavia had fear written all over her. alexa and bucky stood up, octavia watching them. alexa held oreo's leash, bucky picking octavia up into his arms. she sat on his hip, her arms wrapped around his neck.

"alright doll, where were you last with your mama?" bucky asked, octavia looked around, pointing to the a group of trees in front of them. they started walking, bucky talking softly to octavia.

"i like your hat." bucky complimented, him watching octavia smile widely.

"thanks! i love bucky barnes! i think he's the best avenger ever and he and white shadow are my favorite!" she exclaimed, her having no idea that her favorite avengers were helping her. bucky has tears in his eyes almost immediately. he quickly blinked them away.

"hey, we never told octavia our names." bucky realized, alexa having a smirk on her lips.

"octavia, i'm alexa micheals," the two watched octavia's eyes get wide. "and i'm bucky barnes." octavia jumped in bucky's arms.

"no way! you guys are my favorite!" she exclaimed, bucky adjusting octavia in his arms. alexa chuckled, smiling at the little girl.

"thank you hon, and don't worry, we won't tell iron man or captain america." alexa winked, octavia giggling. bucky felt octavia rest her head against his cheek, bucky smiling softly at the little girl in his arms.

he knew before the war, he wanted a family, kids, and to settle down. now, he's not sure he's cut out for that kind of stuff.

they ended up by the trees octavia was talking about, bucky having to grip onto octavia tightly because she jumped in his arms again.

"mama!" the younger girl cried out. bucky carefully put her down, a thirty year old women turned around and started jogging towards them.

"octavia! you cannot run off like that!" the mother came up to hug octavia quickly. octavia looked for at her feet sadly. her mother laid a kiss on the top of her head.

"sorry mama, oreo ran off but the winter solider and white shadow found her!" the women looked at alexa and bucky, recognizing them. alexa handed the leash back to octavia's mom.

"thank you, miss micheals and mister barnes," the mother started, but alexa shook her head.

"no need to thank us, it's what we're here for." alexa gave a warm smile, bucky smiling as well. bucky felt something by his leg, so he looked down to see octavia's shaking figure standing close to him. bucky rubbed the little girls back softly, hoping to bring her some sort of comfort and warmth. he watched the growing grin on her face.

"avi, say goodbye to miss micheals and mister barnes." octavia's mom looked at octavia, her frowning. alexa and bucky bent down to her eye level, her lip quivering.

"don't worry doll, we'll see you soon- hey, why don't we get a photo?" bucky offered, octavia grinning. alexa and bucky bent back down and stood on both sides of octavia. the three smiled, octavia hugging bucky tightly.

"bye bucky!" she grinned, bucky smiling softly. he held her in his arms, and maybe for a split second, he thought about little kids of his own.

"i'll see you soon babydoll, keep an eye on oreo, m'kay?" bucky asked her, octavia nodding. octavia turned around to hug alexa tightly goodbye. the superheros watched the little girl walk off with her mother and dog. bucky and alexa turned and walked the other way, bucky's arm draped across her shoulder. alexa was pulled close to bucky's side.

"the way you acted with octavia. i've never seen that side of you before. it was cute." alexa complimented, her looking up at bucky. bucky smiled softly, hesitantly leaning down, alexa meeting him in the middle for a soft, loving kiss. their noses bumped into each other when they broke the kiss. they continued walking back to the tower.

"do you ever think about, marriage, having kids?" bucky asked out of nowhere, the two crossing the street. they were now holding hands. bucky watched alexa shrug her shoulders.

"sometimes i wonder what life would be like married, having kids, possibly a cat and dog. yet the superhero life is where it's at right now. hopefully in the future, i can settle down with the right person, you know?" bucky hummed, acknowledging the statement.

"yea, hopefully."

•••

"lexa sam's complaining!" bucky yelled from their living room. in a black dress that went above her knees and hugged her body nicely. it was a bit sparkly, her knowing very well sam was gonna make a joke about it. she paired the dress with some black heels as well. she did her hair straight and did her makeup.

a gun was hidden under her dress, in case of emergency. she grabbed her clutch, and walked towards the living room where sam and bucky were dressed formally as well.

"now if you're done complaining, let's go." bucky smiled softly as sam rolled his eyes. alexa grabbed the keys to her car, and they headed into the elevator. bucky bent down, lips ghosting over the shell of alexa's ear.

"you look great doll." alexa sent him a smile.

they exited the elevator and hopped into the black sports car, bucky calling shotgun. sam mumbled under his breath, alexa and bucky looking back to see sam buckle up.

"you get to sit in the front on the way home. now stop complaining." alexa pulled out of the tower garage, and headed to the bar. alexa parked the car, the three getting out.

they showed their ID, the bouncer letting them inside. bucky's anxiety rose a bit in the crowd of people, him instinctively clasping his hand into alexa's. she held his hand tightly, the three walking towards the bar. sam noticed them holding hands, him smiling.

"alright, if you two are gonna get wasted, you better not vomit in my car on the way home."

•••

alexa struggled to bring the two to the car, them being drunken idiots. alexa was the only sober one, having only two beers. those two make the dumbest bets, she thought. she successfully put sam in the front seat, her then going to bucky. he placed his hands on her hips, swaying softly. alexa's hands placed on his biceps.

"you're real pretty doll." he slurred, a lopsided grin on his face. knowing sam was passed out in the front seat by now, alexa pecked bucky's lips before helping him into the car.

"and you're real handsome too honey." bucky's heart swelled at the nickname once again as she helped him buckle his seatbelt. she shut the door, walking to the drivers side.

"i'm so going to tease them when they're sober tomorrow." alexa muttered to herself, slipping into the front seat. she started the car, pulling out of the parking lot and headed home.

"thanks for helpin' us lex." sam hiccuped as he spoke, alexa smiling. she pulled into the tower garage, parking the car.

"of course sam, couldn't let you two crazies out alone." bucky chuckled lowly from the back seat. alexa got out first, helping bucky out. he leaned against the car, watching alexa help sam out.

"can you two at least stand?" they nodded, alexa helping them to the elevator.

"i don't want you two throwing up or falling, so sit on the floor please." alexa said, the two falling clumsily to the floor. bucky muttered a 'ow', sam giggling.

"shut it birdie." "hey!"

alexa shook her head at the two, bending down to kiss bucky's head softly.

"friday, sam's floor first, then mine." the elevator moved, sam mumbling profanities. alexa chuckled, leaning against the wall. when the door opened, she told bucky to stay in the elevator. he nodded, sitting with his legs crossed. he had a lopsided grin on his face, like a child.

"alright samuel, up on three." alexa mumbled, tugging sam up. he groaned, arm around alexa's shoulder for support and alexa's arm around his waist. alexa helped him to his room, sitting him on his bed.

"can you undress yourself?" she asked, hoping he could do it himself. he nodded, alexa going into his bathroom to grab some water and aspirin. she placed it on his nightstand, sam smiling lazily at her.

"thanks lexa. means a lot." alexa smiled softly, sam's softer side showing. she brought him into a hug, sam hugging her tight.

"anytime sam. i'm always here for you, even when you're a drunken mess." sam giggled. she said goodnight, heading back to the elevator where bucky waited patiently. the doors closed, alexa sitting down next to bucky.

bucky leaned his head against the wall, turning his head to look at alexa with literal heart eyes. alexa met his eyes, a grin on her face.

"did i ever tell you, that you're so damn cute?" he hummed, bopping her nose. she scrunched her nose up, smiling softly at him.

"you're so drunk bucky." alexa laughed, bucky reaching his arm out and making grabby hands like a kid. he wanted her hand. she slipped her hand into his, leaning her head against his shoulders.

"lexa, do you love me?" he asked, sadness laced in his voice. confused, alexa's head shot up to look at him. he head tears in his eyes, and it broke her heart. she cupped his face, sighing softly.

"bucky, sweetheart, i don't know where this is coming from, but of course i love you. you mean the world to me. don't ever doubt my love for you, okay honey?" alexa looked at him dead in the eyes, bucky blushing like a school girl.

"you told me you loved me." bucky giggled and looked at alexa in awestruck, alexa chuckling. she put her hands into his, squeezing them.

in the red room, love was for children. it made you weak. now, alexa's pretty sure that was all a lie. bucky didn't know what love felt like in seventy years. now, even though he's so drunk he won't remember any of this tomorrow, he feels love in a way he's never felt before.

"yea, i love you bucky." alexa said, leaning forward to kiss his lips tenderly.

"i love you doll. i've been wanting to say that for a while, i just didn't know how." bucky croaked out. even drunk, he knew that was the first 'i love you' he's ever told someone, besides steve and becca in seventy years. he meant it, with all his heart.

"oh buck, i know you do. i really do." bucky laid a kiss on alexa's lips, the two giggling. the elevator doors opened, alexa standing up.

"stand up for me hon." alexa said, bucky getting up slowly. a arm around his waist and his arm around her shoulders, they walked out of the elevator.

"c'mon big guy, let's get to bed." bucky wiggled his eyebrows, a smirk on his lips.

"that's where all the action happens." bucky giggled like a school girl. alexa turned red, laughing.

"the only action you'll be getting is in your dreams." in the bedroom, bucky's legs hit the back of the bed, him letting alexa slip his leather jacket off and place it on the chair.

"sit down." alexa ordered.

"yes ma'am."

alexa stood between his legs, lifting his shirt off and tossing it aside. his hair sticking up in every direction with a smile on his lips. she ran her fingers through his hair, fixing all the crazy hairs. bucky's hands found alexa's hips, pulling alexa in for a kiss. he fell back onto the bed, bringing alexa down with him. she chuckled at his antics.

"you can't go to bed in your clothes buck." bucky sighed, alexa standing back up. she helped bucky undo his belt, bucky shimmying his pants off. he was left in just his underwear, alexa turning a light red.

"i'll be right back, let me get changed." bucky nodded, flopping down onto his bed. alexa smiled, before leaving the room. she changed into a tank top and shorts, and took her makeup off. she brushed her teeth and headed back to bucky's room. he was sitting up, head against the headboard.

"i wanted to wait for you." bucky hiccuped again, alexa smiling.

"how sweet." alexa walked into bucky's bathroom, grabbing him some aspirin and water. she placed it on his nightstand, then walked to the other side of the bed. she got under the covers, bucky immediately hugging alexa and placed his head on her chest, tangling his legs with hers.

"you're so clingy when you're drunk, you know that?" she said, running her fingers through his hair.

"mmm." he hummed. "don't know what i'd do without you doll."

"explode into flames." she joked, feeling bucky's laughter against her chest.

"probably." his laughter died down. "i love you alexa."

alexa knew he wouldn't remember any of this, sadly.

"i love you too james. get some rest, and please don't vomit in bed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 3.6K 37
Marvel One Shots I'm comfortable writing anything, just message me a request :)
686K 20.5K 62
You know the drill P.S: Sorry for the grammatical errors. English is not my first language.
2.3K 41 12
You're Tony Starks daughter that he didn't know about. You get into a fight and are sent to live with him, you know very little about him, and he kno...
239K 6.2K 19
Bucky may have been found and is being helped, but there were others with him. While regaining his own memories, he see's a specific girl fighting ag...