Alluring Prevarications

By Sonali61

Nandini Murthy is 26. An exceptionally qualified doctor from Harvard , Boston. A strong headed individual hav... More

A Dare?!
How dare you touch my MICROSCOPE!
Why are you so stubborn?
FIGHT
Stealing and Me?!
Cabir ?!
Is it some medical prescription for you?!
Quite an EVENTFUL NIGHT
Her questions and his answers
ANTICIPATION?!
A Premonition Dream?!
Missing?
Cabir's Message
Insight to unknown happenings
Liar?!
Catching lies
Food and Fight Strategies
Dreadful events , beautiful realizations!
Three Months Later
New stories!
New Manan OS
New Story!
A Mystery-Thriller
TRAILER

Revelation about PAST

2.6K 242 56
By Sonali61

NANDINI :  In Her Room :                         7 : 30 pm

Is it me who ruined everything? I don't get it...What would have happened if I would not have made that remark about Manik's dilated pupils? Well....Even the thought gives me jittery feelings...There have been two such moments when I stopped Manik with these idiotic remarks...Not that I realized it while saying those statements. But what was he expecting from me then...

You know what! Dilated pupils means that the person in front is attracted to you! Yes . If someone's pupils dilate after looking in someone's eyes it's the effect of 'Love hormone' ; of course this can happen in other conditions too but Manik's pupils dilated because he is attracted to me!   

Why this makes me feel so happy? Alya is right. I should talk to Manik directly. He can't just come and claim his rights on me without my permission. It's not like he ever did anything wrong or forceful to me but his action are not much predictable too. I mean why he ignored me through out the day? 

Okay. So I'm going to his room to talk to him. I have decided that I'll talk about every thing. I want to know what he thinks about me...

I was walking through hotel lobby just then I collided with something...Okay. I know that you all know who it is...And guess what for the first time I feel happy after bumping into someone. 

N(Smiling) : Manik! I was coming to you only!

M(In a hurried tone) : Not now Nandini. I have some work.

N(Smirking) : What work? Oh please, there is no work left for you or anyone in the camp for today.

M(Irritated tone) : Don't you get this, I have some work and I'm not answerable to you Dr. Murthy.

N(Shocked) : Huh! What did you just say?!

M(Sternly) : You heard me. Stay away from me. 

N(Annoyingly) : Really! Where did your 'stay away from me' go when you almost kissed me in the morning?

M(Without any expression) : Listen. It was just a reaction because of the heat of the moment. For me it was 'No strings attached, No emotions involved.' 

N(With teary eyes) : What are you saying Manik?

M(With softened eyes) : Don't cry Nandini. You are not at fault. For the time being just calm down, go to your room and relax. This is not the time for this conversation. 

N(Accusingly) : Are you still ignoring me? 

M(Sternly) : I said go back to your room Nandini.

N(Angrily) : No. You can't behave like this with me. Now listen to me Manik Malhotra , I came here to have a proper talk with you but it seems like you don't deserve it. Fine. If you don't wanna talk but don't you dare to just come and claim your rights on me. Because you don't have any right on me. And yes, I won't go back to my room.I will surely not listen to your so called orders and You can go wherever you want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!Like why on earth I thought that there can be a proper conversation between Me and Manik? 

Shit! I was so angry that I didn't realize when I came out of the hotel. Damn. I don't know where I am right now. I even forgot my mobile in my hotel room in the excitement to talk to an idiot who never actually cared. Well why every time I land up in dark places...And it's worse than ever because this time this is darkness of Dehradun jungle...I must find a way to get out of this jungle...

Oh god. What should I do now ? How can he affect me so much that I didn't even realize where I'm going...God! I have been walking from almost half an hour...I don't even know the way back to hotel...It's all dark ; moonlight being the only source of light...

Wait , I think there is someone near that big tree...May be he can help me...I was walking towards that man who's face was turned on opposite side...But before I could ask something ; I heard him shouting-

Man : Don't you understand, there is no chance for a mistake. This time we have Nandini Murthy over here. If she comes to know about this , I'm sure she will try her best to take some strict action about this just the way her stupid parents did. And if she does anything like that I doubt we will have to kill her too like we had to kill her parents.

The moment I heard his last statement I felt all the anger inside me. It was like a big shock to me. I so wish to see his face..I so wish to know who he is...But...He...He killed Amma and Appa...He...killed...them...Who is he? Why he did that? I was moving closer to him...

No...I can't take this risk...This man can be dangerous. I have no weapon. I don't have any idea how to tackle a situation like this...He killed my parents....If he comes to know that I heard everything , may be he will kill me right here...No..I won't let this happen...

I started running in the direction I came from with all my strength. After a good 15 minutes I again bumped into someone...

N(Crying) : No. Please leave me. What have I done? Why are you after me? Please let me go.

Manik : Nandini?! Shhh!!! What happened to you? What are you doing here?

N(Crying, Looking at Manik's face) : Manik! He killed them...He wants to kill me too...

M(Hugs Nandini tightly) : Shhh!!! Calm down. Don't worry. I'm there for you. 

Tears  kept flowing through my eyes...How am I supposed to stop crying when I just came to know that my parents were murdered? 

M : Nandini...Please stop crying and tell me what happened?

N : He killed my Amma and Appa Manik...He killed my parents...

M : What are you saying...Okay. Please just stop crying. Tears don't suit you Nandini.

After sometime, I stopped crying. Of course there were no tears anymore but the pain...It was something which can never subside till the time I punish that bastard for killing my Amma and Appa...No I won't leave him like this...Who ever he is...He is gonna pay back for his deeds...

M : Now tell me Nandini, What happened? Why were you crying so much? And about your parents...I think they died three years back, right?

N : Manik, Actually I heard someone saying that he killed them and he will kill me too. I don't know who he was, I didn't even see his face...But he was talking to someone about this on his phone...I couldn't decipher what he was talking about but he was saying something like "This time there is no chance for any mistake."

M : Okay. You saw him in the jungle?

N : Yes. 

M(In Assuring tone ) : Don't worry I'll find him. And no one can hurt you till the time I'm there with you.

N(Feared) : No Manik. He can be dangerous. You are not going anywhere. What if he harms you?

M(Annoyed) : How dare he hurt you like this? You were crying so much...

N : What about you hurting me Manik?

M : What?!

N : Yes Manik, you asked me to stay away,right? Why are you doing this? You seem to care so much about me...No one has this affect on me...You are the first person who has attracted me this much...You have the power to calm me in this situation too...Then why did you told me to stay away from you?

M(Sighs) : Nandini, It's not safe here. Come I'll drop you till hotel.

N : No Manik , you can't ignore me like this... I told you, right? You can't order me. You can't claim rights on me just like that...I won't come with you. I want answers to my questions.

Before I could say anything further Manik tapped somewhere laterally on my neck and all I remember is I fell unconscious on his shoulders...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Morning : Nandini's room          7 : 00 am

I opened my eyes to realize that I'm in my hotel room. How? 

Was it all a Dream ?

No. It can not be. It was all real. I think Manik carried me on way back to hotel. Yes, it must have been him. Yesterday was really like a nightmare for me.

Why is this all happening with me? Who was he? Why he wanted to kill me? What did Amma and Appa know that he murdered them? 

(Crying) How could he kill so much kind hearted people like them? All they did was serving patients...They saved so many lives...They have done so much for Dehradun's people too...And What they got in return?

I have to be very careful. 

I was really very shocked last night...I cried a lot...That too in front of Manik...He cares! But I don't know why he is doing all this...

I guess I fainted because of emotional stress. May be I had a vasovagal syncope. Manik tapped on my neck. Did I faint after that? Did he purposely tapped on my internal carotid artery so that I'll faint? 

No. Why would he do that? He was the one who handled me with so much care when I was a crying mess. He can not harm me. I can at least trust him about my safety.

But What was he doing in the jungle at night?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends,

So, Chapter No. 12 done!

Guys that 'Internal carotid artery' thing is not 100% truth. Yeah, blockage of internal carotid artery causes stroke. I was just trying to make fainting of a person logical when a hero taps of someone's neck in a fight, they show it in movies...I guess it might happen if they harm some nerve too. 

I'm trying my best . 

But can I ask this...Why no one comment's? I mean this is strange...from last 3 chapters there isn't a single comment...Why? Well, I know I don't have any right to ask this to you guys....But still... Okay don't take it in a negative way. It's just that I was expecting some comments...

Well you guys vote for the story, that means you like it..Then why doesn't any one of you leaves even a single comment? 

Please guys, I really want to know, if you guys are liking this story or not? 

You know comments really motivate. They make us writers write with a little more excitement! Even a single word of appreciation makes us happy!Even I leave many like really many many inline comments, long comments for the stories which I like. Comments are for letting the writer know that he/she has involved us in that piece of work. It's a way of interaction between us yaar!

So , If you like this story called 'Alluring Prevarications' then don't forget to vote and comment!

Love :) :) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 5K 35
*Completed* Manik and Nandini, college time lovers turned exes met again in a army health camp. But others don't know that they were in a relationshi...
115K 7.7K 23
Two Souls Craving for True Love.....❤ Two souls Separated Due to Circumstances.... Missing Each Other....... Will their thirst of love ever be satisf...
846K 62.9K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
50.1K 3.6K 14
The story of MANIK - THE INNOCENT , NAIVE MALHOTRA (OR IS HE ) and NANDINI THE ARROGANT, SPOILT MURTHY (OR IS SHE)??? WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY MEET...