Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 19

504 25 13
By Veikari

I earlier mentioned that Yukino's hair was white, but that was a mistake, I'm sorry T^T

---------------------

Ever felt how her eyes were burning because of dryness, but she refused to give up. She had no idea how things turned out like this, but basically they had ended up having a staring contest with Yukino. The light blue haired mage's eyes were twitching and red, but she was just as stubborn about this as the brunette.

"Do you have any idea what we are doing?" Yukino finally asked after a while of silence.

"I only know that I won't lose", Ever said. If only she could have used her eye magic, she could have turned Yukino into a stone statue ages ago!

"Shouldn't we be fighting?"

"Who says we have to fight with just pure power? The one who blinks first is a loser and has to give up!"

"I don't really have anything against that", Yukino chuckled.

Suddenly rune walls hoisted up around them and trapped them inside. They had to break the eye contact with each other and they looked at their right side where a text appeared on the wall:

"Participants:

Evergreen

Yukino Agria

Competition:

Staring contest

You have 60 seconds to get ready after this trap has appeared.

Rules:

The one to blink first, loses.

Only winner is allowed to leave this trap,

while the other one has to wait for 10 minutes."

Ever chuckled.

"Should have known Freed would predict something like this might happen", she said.

"How did he knew we would have a staring contest?" Yukino asked amazed. She had heard Freed was a really smart man but would anyone really be able to predict something like this?

"He didn't, he has just made rules that there is possible to have mini games inside this big trap if people against each other decide to compete different ways than just fighting", Ever explained. "Once he used a trap like this in a similar kind of situation and he has obviously noticed this is a good add in this trap."

"Well, at least now we will definitely know who wins", Yukino smiled, looking back at Ever.

"You're right, I'm going to enjoy seeing how you will be left inside this trap", the brunette giggled.

"Don't be too sure yet, Ever!" Yukino smiled. "I have no intentions to lose either!"

Runes flashed green as the sign of the game to start and they started to stare again. First ten seconds were fine, but suddenly Ever felt how slight breeze suddenly hit her eyes and then she felt pain.

"Ow, ow, ow!" she hissed taking off her glasses and wiped her eyes. In the same second runes flashed red and the trap was cut in half and the side where Yukino was standing disappeared. "What! This is unfair! I got something in my eye!" Ever shouted furiously when she noticed the situation.

Yukino didn't hear a thing what Ever was saying inside the trap but she could see she was furious. She could guess that this happened because Ever got something in her eye.

"Um... Seems like Freed's rules don't consider getting something in your eye as an exception for us to blink", Yukino said, even though she knew Ever couldn't hear her. And even though she was happy for her victory, she could see why the brunette was frustrated. It wasn't really fair.

"I'm going to kick Freed's ass when I see him next time", Ever growled angrily, looking how Yukino left.

Rufus was still running and why wouldn't he, when there was a revengeful dragon slayer just behind him. He was really lucky when he noticed that even though Laxus seemed to be faster runner than he was, the bigger man was not that agile to move around when the ground was rough to walk. So he used that as his advantage and did his best to keep them in an area where there were lots of rocks, tree trunks, bushes and other things to slow Laxus down.

Rufus jumped over some rocks, a little stream and he climbed up a small cliff faster than he had ever dreamed he would be able to climb, running right through some bushes and he didn't even care if his clothes might get slightly ripped. If he would get caught, Laxus would rip his limbs off after all so tearing his clothes a little bit wasn't that big of a deal.

He slightly smirked when he heard how Laxus was already falling down behind him, hearing him cussing and shouting something from under the cliff. But his luck wasn't long lasting when suddenly the ground disappeared from under his foot and in the next second he was already rolling down the hill.

When the finally stopped, he carefully rolled over and got on his knees panting heavily. It felt like nothing was broken, that was good. He had to start moving immediately or Laxus would find him, definitely he heard all the rustles and noises from him falling down and he might appear here at any second.

Finally the memory mage managed to stumble on his feet, wiping some dirt from his face and he looked around. His eyes widened when he could hardly believe what he was seeing.

There was a little opening between big trees and bushes, with rocks covered by moss. And there, between the biggest rocks was Bickslow's visor shining in the sun. Just waiting for someone to pick it up. He had accidentally managed to find the flag!

Rufus glanced towards the top of the hill but he didn't see Laxus, though he did hear him moving somewhere there. It would be stupid not to use this moment. He had to run away from Laxus anyway, probably during the whole game so why not do that while holding the flag they had to bring to their home base?

Rufus smirked and he grabbed the visor – that was actually surprisingly heavy – and he looked around to find out where was north, starting to run again towards the right compass point after finding it. Who knows, he might actually be able to do this!

Freed stood up in the trap he had created so they could talk and Rogue did the same.

"I hope I managed to help you at least a little bit, even though what I know is not much", the rune mage said and Rogue smiled.

"You did, it's easier when you can talk with someone about these things than just ponder them all by yourself", he said with a nod.

"That is true. I can also ask these things from Porlyusica if you want, but I don't think she knows more than what we know right now. We can only wait and see what might happen next."

"I understand", Rogue said. "Sting already told Rufus to go through some books but I don't believe he will find any information. So our conversation is now over", he said when Freed let the trap around them fall. "So now we are again enemies in this game."

"Should we walk away on our different paths, or see which one of us is allowed to leave first?" Freed asked.

"Since we are already here, why not see how things will go?"

"I agree."

For a moment they stared at each other and in a same second they both bolted towards each other. They both were swift, strong and calculating. They had the ability to predict what might be the next move their opponent probably would use and they both were equally defensive as well as aggressive.

Freed smirked looking at Rogue.

"I will slip out a little secret for you", he said and blocked another hit. "Ever since I couldn't control my magic while being pregnant, I decided I would make sure I would never be too vulnerable even if I couldn't use my magic again one reason or another."

"Interesting", Rogue smiled and he dodged a kick.

"So don't let me catch you", Freed smirked. "Because if you do, you should know that if fighting with pure power", he said and managed to catch Rogue's collar, using the shadow dragon slayer's own body weight when he was trying to attack him and pulled him over his shoulder. "I can take down even Laxus!" Freed stated and his fist hit with blasting power on Rogue's chest, crashing him brutally against the ground and causing the nearby trees to shake.

Some leaves fell softly down on the grass around them and Freed straightened his ascot scarf around his neck, looking at Rogue who was lying on the ground, panting heavily and gasping for air.

"Don't try to get up", the rune mage instructed. "You will faint if you try."

"I think I broke", Rogue managed to chuckle wearily and coughed. "I can believe when you say that might take down even Laxus."

"Of course that alone wouldn't do it, but at least it's not anymore plain clear which one of us would win if magic is not allowed."

"I wonder if I can get up even when my prison will disappear."

"You'll be fine, I know you're a lot tougher than that, Rogue", Freed smiled. "Just take it easy for the next ten minutes", he said and the rune walls appeared, trapping the shadow dragon slayer inside them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 104 147
[PLEASE READ ALL OF THE CHAPTERS AND LOVE STORIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (no skipping anything)] This collection features imaginative love stories ce...
98.8K 1.9K 30
What if there was a next generation of Fairy Tail? What if they all had gone back to the past? What will the future parents do? How can the next gen...
22.6K 255 15
Y/N = Your name L/N = Last Name H/C = Hair Color E/C = Eye Color ⚠️Contains The Following⚠️ •Sexual Themes & Depiction •Strong & Vulgar language •Us...
37.3K 1K 43
After getting out of a toxic relationship, Lucy Heartfilia goes home to Magnolia to escape California and memories of her old boyfriend. Is it a coi...