The Blade Princess

By FairySalvatore

Liahna is the Princess of Kingdom of Silverlights. While she pretends to be the gentle and shy girl, she is s... More

Prologue
--- Damsel in Distress---
--- Sold---
---One Trap to another---
---Training---
---Mistakes---
---Scars---
---Brutal Games---
---Shift of atmosphere---
---Trusting---
---Identity---
---The Coronation---
---Reason---
---Plan in Action---
---Dream and Nightmare---
---Finding a Purpose---
---New Enemy---
---Hunting Accident---
---The Healer---
---Painful Truth---
---The Masked Prince---
---Tournament Winnings---
---The Prize---
---Quest for the Cure---
---Price to Pay---
---Trust Issues---
---Exploring---
---Binders Curse---
---Excuses---
---Open Book---
---Double the Grief---
---Bargaining---
---The Champion's Ball---
---Back to Nevarlia---
---Soulmates---
---Damsel to the Rescue---
---The Bigger Truth---
---Layers of truth---
---Wedding Dance---
---Call of Duty---
---Breaking the Illusion---
---Mistake of Healing---
---The Auspicious Time---
---Escape---
---Vital Information---
---Divide and Manage---
---Going back home---
---One on One---
---Relicia---
--- Soul Trapped---
--- Filled with Wrath---
--- The glass coffin---
---The Cruelty of Fate---
Epilogue

---Imprisonment---

3.6K 289 53
By FairySalvatore

Even though I was born as a Princess and had the luxuries of life, I have been in a prison more than my lives' share. But this prison was still tolerable because no one dares harm me afraid that the Dark Prince will kill them.

I sat on the cold floor staring at the fire torch hanging on the walls outside the prison, it was my only source of warmth. Three days would be easy, except that worry was gnawing me from inside.

On the first day, when the night fell and my whole body was numb with cold I heard footsteps echoing through the corridor. It was weird but I knew whose footsteps it was, just by the pattern of walking. The guards in front of me fell asleep with a thud on the ground and I got to my feet.

My eyes met his and I smiled as he effortlessly opened the locked door. But there was frown etched on his brows.

"You will freeze to death  this way." He said and handed me a velvet quilt which made me chuckle.

"Prison and this quilt don't go well together." But I wrapped it around me immediately.

"Why would you do that?" He was in no mood for jokes right now.

"To save your hard work," I said saw the defeat in his eyes.

"Liahna, listen to me carefully and I am surprised you didn't notice but now there is nothing more important to me than you." He said and my heart thumped louder inside me.

"And do you not expect the same from me?" I asked in a small tone justifying my rash decision.

"Do you expect me to marry Avira then, to keep you safe?" 

I hung my head in shame. He sighed realizing that him stressing over this was worrying me even more.

"Eirik will stay here to keep you guard in case someone tries something senseless." He said and on cue, Eirik walked in a carefully bowed.

"I need to come with a plan." He said and I was at ease at least he was not planning to kill everyone.

"Just three days Dark Prince," I said lightly to console him.

"Yes, three long days."

"But why?" I asked realizing something.

Why was she waited this long to get married?

"Why, what?" He asked.

"Why three days?"

"She is a Sorceress. Hence the ardent belief in the alignment of stars and auspicious occasion and presence of the half-moon, etc, etc. Three days later is the right fated time to get married." Ivor explained.

"Ah! So if she is not married in three days then?" I asked hoping that with just two more left some miracle would happen.

"Then it is declared as doomed fate and the priests from her Kingdom will not allow the marriage." He clarified.

"For the whole life?"

"Probably."

Suddenly I heard a bell ringing across the Kingdom. He had been here for an hour and I didn't even realize.

"I need to leave before King finds a loophole and have you killed." And without even alerting me bent down removing his mask and kissed me softly making my cold body feel the warm rush of blood.

My eyes fluttered closed and I molded into him snuggling closer to his firm form. As the kiss ended I felt the need to kiss him again but he just looked amused at my expression.

"You need to control yourself better Princess." He said as he covered his face back up meaning that the kiss was done.

"You need to love me more than that," I stated boldly making the usually grim-looking Prince's eyes widen in utter shock.

I saw Eirik avert his eyes and pretend to not listen to each and every word we said.

"Not the right time Princess. Do you want to spend our first night in prison?" His deeper husky tone sent shivers through me.

I bite my lip from making any more bold comments and just shook my head in a small no.

"I will leave them." He said sighing deeply.

"Tahira will be joining you in the cell next to you tomorrow." He said and I smiled at him gratefully.

He wanted me to have company in this frozen dark prison.

And after she has done, I think she can accompany as my prison partner for remaining time.

---

"Why is he not here today?" I asked as the second day ended and I realized I was slowly going into panic mode.

I couldn't run, I couldn't send Eirik away because honestly, I don't know what or who might show up to kill me.

"Today is the milk and rose bath ceremony," Eirik said.

"Good thing the bride and groom do it separately," Tahira added from the cell next to mine.

"Shut up you too." They were mocking me and they had a right.

I was worrying even though I trusted the Prince and I should be calmer but my mind was just going towards the negative things. Like why was he not here today and what the hell was bath ceremony?

I never got one.

"You will be fine Princess just calm down. It's just a normal ceremony but this time the bride and groom take a bath in milk and rose water, to make them look more beautiful and smell pleasant." Tahira gave me a summary of the ceremony.

I sighed trying to snuggle into the warm blanket I had and go to sleep just so that when I wake up another torturous day is gone.

But when I woke up I was still in that prison, still slightly cold and now my lips chapping. 

"Finally you are up," Tahira said eating a warm loaf of bread that made my mouth water.

Probably Eirik was the one who got us breakfast.

The loud celebratory music outside, the animated chatter of the crowd could be heard in the prison and it made me feel depressed even more. It was still early but since it was a wedding day the servants were all working hard.

People from Avira's kingdom were rejoicing and that reminded of my own Kingdom, my people. The gathering of people from town and village during my birthday celebrations. Some of their faces flashed before my eyes and I realised they were all gone or maybe taken slaves or hidden somewhere.

"Eat this, you will feel better." Tahira offered me a flower-shaped biscuit.

Feeling hungry I immediately took a bite of the deliciously sweet thing. But the next moment, my eyes grew heavy. Not again. I could think in the back of my head as the energy left my body and I tried to glare at Tahira.

"Is she unconscious yet?" I heard Eirik whisper.

I felt the pang of betrayal yet again. Why him?

"Better, soon her heart rate will slow down enough to being detected," Tahira said acquainted with all sort of poisons,

Slowly by conscious was leaving me as I felt on the floor but I felt a hand under my head.

Through the blurry vision, I noticed it was Eirik.

"W-why?" I mumbled as a tear escaped my eyes.

"Because you dumb Princess will not do anything dangerous for Prince while he is there planning to kill half the court. We need to take you to the palace and replace the damn bride under the veil." Tahira almost scolded me.

Relief flooded through at what they were doing and I fell into sleep or whatever Tahira's mixture was supposed to do.

---

LMAO! I got you guys for a second, didn't I?! 

Anyway...so is the plan? How is the twist?

A little schedule change till Eid people which happens to be on Monday.

So NEXT UPDATE is as follows:

Epiphany- WEDNESDAY, SATURDAY

BLADE PRINCESS- FRIDAY, TUESDAY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201 57 58
Who would've thought a simple girl that grew up in the Enchanted Forest. Would end up needing to save the world. This story is about our main charact...
1.8K 278 32
Brooklynn Daniels wants her eight grade year to go by as fast as possible so she can start her interesting life in high school. Neat clubs, cool boys...
15.3K 256 23
... When you have always been in love with your dad's best friend who ends up being something from a fantasy books ... Who shows you that the world...
4.6K 365 70
Stacie's whole life is overturned, when she is noticed for her skills in archeology and gets pulled into a world, she never knew existed. Especially...