Better Than I Know Myself

By sleepwalker

Jesse Logan's life was turned upside down when his younger sister Holly was kidnapped and presumed dead. Sinc... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Author Note

Chapter Twelve

27.4K 1.1K 251
By sleepwalker

(Adrian's POV)

I feel surrounded by warmth; it feels good to be warm and not cold for once. To bask in a scent of something clean, fresh and woodsy. I open my eyes. I am in someone's arms, but they don't feel like they are Hector's. They can't be Hector's because I spent the rest of the afternoon with Jesse. I turn my head to see Jesse's face. I panic. How did I end up in this position? I think back to what we did last night, I had fallen asleep on Jesse. As much as I hate to admit it, it feels nice lying here in his arms. It feels right, but I know that once he wakes up it will all be over, because the straight boy never falls for the gay boy. I look up at him again.

I feel him pull me closer to him as he whispers something, "I'm so sorry Holly, please forgive me."

Who is Holly and why is he sorry? I really don't know Jesse at all and I feel like a jerk because I haven't taken the time to get to know him. He has been nothing, but nice to me. I have only tried to push him away, because I have feelings for him. I was a terrible person, his phone goes off. He must have set an alarm. I feel him move and release me. All the warmth I had felt is gone as he reaches behind him for his phone to shut it off. He looks down at me. I hadn't moved from next him. I didn't want to, it feels too nice.

"Good morning." He says as he yawns and stretches his arms out. "Sorry if you didn't sleep well. I didn't have the heart to wake you. Besides you looked like you were fine where you were." He smiles at me.

I love his smile; it is cute because he has dimples.

"No it is fine, so what time is it?"

I really don't care what time it is, but I knew we couldn't stay like this all day even if it does feel nice. I sigh as I sit up. Jesse does the same as he runs his fingers through his thick wavy chocolate brown hair. I bet it was soft and it would feel nice to just run my fingers through it. I shake my head, dammit Adrian stop it, you can't be thinking about Jesse like that. You're only setting yourself up for heartache.

"It's seven. I hope that isn't too late to wake up?"

Shit! We are going to be late now, by the time I get home, get ready, pick up Jane, and come back here for Jesse first period will have already started.

"Crap, we are going to be late. I still have to go home and get ready." I grab my shoes and slip them on.

"Get ready here; I can lend you some of my clothes. I know it's not really your style and they might fit you a tad bit big, but at least we won't be late."

It will be better than going home and being late for school, or is it the fact that I will get to wear his clothes; to bask in his scent for the whole day, not even Hector lets me wear his clothes?

"Okay sure that will be great."

Jesse smiles as he takes my hand, pulls me up and drags me up to his room. He throws open the door and releases my hand as he heads to the closet. I stand in the middle of his room and look around. One thing I can tell right off the bat is he loves to read. He has piles of books stacked around the room. I walk over to one of the stacks and pick up the book on top. It is one of my favorite's books; it is odd that Jesse has this book. It is mostly a book a girl or me would read. Jesse walks out of the closet and stands next to me with some clothes in his hands.

"You like the Fallen series?" I ask him as I hold the book out for him to see. He smiles and nods his head. "Here I thought only girls or me would read this." I place the book back onto the stack it came from. "So, I take it you like to read, that would explain why you are such a nerd."

He chuckles, god he has a sexy chuckle, and damn him with his dimples.

"Yeah, I have always been a bit of a nerd, my dad tried to get me to play sports, but I just could never get into it."

He smiles again, god he needs to cut that out.

"So here are the clothes, you can use my bathroom to shower and feel free to use anything you need. I'll just be in the other bathroom down the hallway if you need me."

I nod my head and take the clothes from him. I walk in the bathroom and go about my business. I look in the mirror one more time before I step out of the bathroom. I look down at the clothes; they are your regular dark blue jeans and a t-shirt. Even though the clothes aren't really my style, I still like them because they are Jesse's. Oh god, listen to me, I'm sounding like a freaking girl getting all excited about wearing her boyfriend's clothes. Ugh, shut up stupid; he isn't even your boyfriend, just your friend and that is all he will ever be. I sigh as I open the door; maybe being friends with Jesse isn't the smartest thing to do, especially when all I can think about is how it will be to kiss him, and then some. Don't think like that Adrian nothing good will ever come from it.

"So the clothes don't fit too big, they fit better than I thought they would." I say as I walk back into the room.

I look up and find Jesse shirtless, he see me and snatches up his shirt and covers himself. I feel stupid. Of course, he is going to be the typical straight guy and think all gay guys want to see them naked. That would explain why in gym he changes where no one can see him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to walk in on you." I mumble as I sit down on the bed and start putting on my socks and shoes.

"No, it's my fault, don't worry about it." I look up at him and he has his shirt on. "So the clothes fit pretty well, and sorry it's not much of your style."

"It's alright, just something different, so are you ready to leave?"

"Yeah and Adrian, please don't think I freaked out because you are gay. I just don't feel comfortable changing in front of people. It's a long story and I hope I can tell you one day when the time is right."

I don't know if I should believe him or not. It does seem like a legit answer and I don't see why he would lie to me.

"Yeah don't worry about it I understand." I smile at him; he smiles back at me with his dimples showing again. God even his beautiful light brown eyes lit up as well. I shake my head, come on Adrian focus! "We should really get going or we are going to be late."

The drive to school quiet, but I know Jane wants to know how it went yesterday. I really don't want to talk to about yesterday, she will only point out that I really do like Jesse. I don't need anyone to know I am crushing on the straight boy.

"So how did yesterday go?" Jane finally asks as we are walking into the building. I take a deep breath. "It was okay. We had fun. I even learned how to cook." I say as we stop by my locker.

"Wow, you learned how to cook and Jesse is still alive."

I glare at her.

"I have to hand it to Jesse, I always thought Adrian was hopeless when it came to learning to cook."

I slam my locker shut. "Whatever Jane!" I walk off leaving Jesse and Jane talking, I'm pretty sure getting whatever she can from him knowing I won't tell her anything else. I can only imagine how much she is going to be hounding me at lunch.

"Hey Adrian wait up for me!" I hear Jesse yell after me; I turn around and find him walking up to me. "Jeez, how dare you leave me there to put up with Jane? I don't know what else she wants to know, you basically told her everything."

"That's Jane for you, she wants to know everything in details of what happened last night."

Jesse rolls his eyes.

"So hey, um can I ask you for a favor?"

He nods his head.

"Feel free to say no if you want, but I was wondering if you would like to come with me to the soccer game today?"

"Let me guess to watch Hector play?" He asks.

"Yeah, I have never been to one of his games and he has been begging for me to go to one. I would ask Jane, but she would just say no or complain the whole time." Please say yes, I don't want to go by myself nor do I really want to stop spending time with you.

"Okay, yeah sure I'll go with you, but I must warn you I know nothing about the game. So don't waste your time asking me what is going on because I won't be able to tell you."

He smiles at me, god he really needs to stop smiling that way.

"Okay great. Now I just need to tell Jane she needs to find another way home unless she plans on staying with us to watch the game."

"Well good luck with that. From the way she talks about Hector I don't think she is going to be too happy."

I groan. I just know how she is going to react and I am just not really looking forward to it.

"Well, come let's get to class before we are late." Jesse says as he places his arm around my shoulder and steers us toward our first class.

People look at us, but Jesse doesn't show that he notices or cares that they are staring. I smile and for once it isn't a forced smile. It is a smile I thought only Hector could make me smile. I may never ever have a chance with Jesse, but he is going to be a great friend.

"I can't believe Jane agreed to stay with us to watch the game." Jesse says as we find a place to seat.

"She really doesn't have a choice; it is either walk home or stay and watch the game." I say as we spot a very annoyed Jane walking up the stands.

She squeezes herself between us much to my dislike. "Ugh, how long do we have to be here?" She whines.

I roll my eyes. "I don't know this is the first soccer game I have ever been to."

She groans and rests her head on Jesse's shoulder; that should be me doing that not her.

"You can always walk home if you don't want to be here." I say as she takes her head off of Jesse and glares at me.

"I just don't see the point of this dumb sport or any sport for that matter. It's just a bunch of guys kicking a ball back and forth."

Ugh, I really wish she would have just walked home, it's not like it's that far. I try to focus on the game. I really have no idea who is winning or if Hector's team has scored yet. Then, Jane isn't helping with the constant whining.

"Ugh, this is so boring; forget this I'm going home. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

She gets up and makes her way down the bleachers. I let out a sigh of relief. I love Jane, but she was really ruining my time with Jesse.

"My god I thought she was going to actually sit here for the whole game." Jesse says as he moves closer to me, I try to fight back the smile that is creeping onto my face. "I really was trying to watch the game, but she was making it hard to do so." He turns to face me and smiles, I couldn't hold back anymore and I smile. "Oh, hey you want some jelly beans?" He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a bag of jelly beans. "I hope you don't mind them only being Dr. Pepper flavor, they are my favorites." He passes me the bag, I grab a hand full.

"Don't mind at all, they are my favorites too."

We sit there watching the game until Jesse's phone goes off, he hands me the bag of jelly beans as he answers it.

"Hey dad what's up?" I watch as Jesse talks to his dad. He looks happy as he talks to him; I bet he is closer to his dad than to his mom. "No, dad I'm not dating anyone yet." I chuckle when his cheeks grow red. "Well, yes there is someone I'm interested in and no, I haven't made my move yet."

My heart drops at the last part. I hadn't even noticed he likes someone. I wonder who this skank is. Whoa, there what the hell was I getting jealous for? It's not like he is my boyfriend. I shake my head, come on Adrian get your shit together. You have Hector; you don't need to be thinking about another boy.

"Okay, dad I will make my move soon. I just don't want to blow it by moving in too soon. Okay, I call you later bye and love you too." Jesse laughs as he shakes his head; he places his phone back in his pocket. "Sorry about that, my dad is a bit of a character. So who is winning and is the game almost over?" He asks.

I want to know who this skank is. I should ask him, I just want to know who she is because if he gets with her I might not get to hang out with him as much.

"Um, we are winning and I think it's almost over." I say, come Adrian just ask him. "So, who is this girl you're interested in?"

Jesse laughs, "No one I just told my dad that to get him off my back."

I just nod my head, thank god.

"Hey you want to grab something to eat when the game is over?" Jesse asks.

"Yeah sure that would be great and I know a great place to get sushi."

"Sweet, it's been a while since I have had sushi."

"Great, you're going to love this place."

He smiles and we go back to watching the game. I really wish this game was over already, so we can leave. I wonder if Hector would be upset if I left early.

"Oh, look the game is over and Hector's team won." Jesse says as he taps me on the arm.

Thank god I said to myself.

"So are we going or do you need to see Hector?" Jesse asks as we make our way down the bleachers.

"Yeah, he said to meet up with him after the game."

We walk to my car and wait as it starts to empty out. About thirty minutes later Hector finally shows up. He walks up to me and pulls me into his arms. I feel embarrassed as he leans in to kiss me; all I can think about is what is Jesse thinking. I look back at Jesse and he is looking the other way, I get out of Hector's arms and grab his hand.

"So, what did you think of the game?" Hector asks me.

I am not sure what to say. I didn't understand or know what was going on most of the time.

"Um, you want an honest answer?"

Hector nods his head.

"Okay, I had no idea what was going on and Jesse he is the same, but I see you won, so congrats."

Hector laughs.

"Well, I guess I'm just going to have to explain the game to you. Can't have my boyfriend coming to my games and not know what is going on."

He lets go of my hand and stands behind me. He pulls me closer and wraps his arms around my waist.

"So Jesse, I take it you're not much of a sports fan?"

"Nope, not even my dad could get me interested in sports; I'm more of a nerd."

"That's cool, so do you want to join us to get something to eat, my treat?"

My heart drops, I was looking forward to it just being me and Jesse. It's not that I don't want Hector to join us; I just want to see if I could get to know Jesse better.

"Nah, I should really go home, I don't want to worry my aunt, maybe next time." Jesse says as he starts to slowly back away from us. "So I'll see you tomorrow Adrian and Hector it was nice talking to you."

He turns around and starts to walk.

"Hey, Jesse wait I can just take you home. You don't need to walk all the way." He smiles at me, but I can tell it is a forced one.

"No that's fine I can walk, it's really not that far." He turns back around and walks off.

I sigh as I walk back to Hector.

"So I notice that you're wearing new clothes, changing your style there?" He asks as he looks me over. "I have to say I really don't like it. I prefer to see you in something a little tighter." Hector says as he nuzzles my neck, any other day I would love this, but right now I'm just not in the mood.

I push him away from me. "No, I spent the night at Jesse's and so that we wouldn't be late he lent me some of his clothes. So don't worry I will be back to my regular clothes tomorrow."

"Good, now let's go get something to eat and celebrate my team's victory." We walk back to my car; I let Hector drive so I can text Jesse.

'Sorry about having to change our plans.' I wait for Jesse to reply back as I try to listen to what Hector is saying.

'It's cool, maybe next time. I understand the boyfriend has to come first sometimes.' I frown.

'I'll make it up to you tomorrow; you can come with me to my session and we can hang out afterwards. I think Jane would enjoy the break.'

"Sure that would be great; well I'll see you tomorrow.' I smile as I text him a quick okay and put my phone away. Tomorrow is going to be a great day; I am going to make sure of that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.1K 3.4K 31
[Completed] ManxBoy ~ What if you have died but gotten a Second Chance? This is a story of an orphan boy who has been tossed around, used and br...
30.7M 623K 60
The last 10 chaps will be taken off from the book so it will be a really long sample lol. Find it on Amazon! =^.^= [WARNING there is BOYXBOY action i...
1.8M 64.2K 47
[ boy x boy ] Ethan Ryder wasn't planning on moving to a new town just before starting his final year at high school. He wasn't planning on leaving...
Wonderland (BoyxBoy) By Levy

Mystery / Thriller

29.2K 2.1K 18
Book 1: Toby's ordered life gets turned upside down when a psychotic stalker invades his life, kidnaps his sisters and forces Toby to play Alice in h...