See Life In Focus [A. Cullen...

By PocketKing3

Axel Uley, 19, is a photographer that was born for the camera. He was in for a rude awakening when he was sud... More

Epigraph
0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11. (End of Twilight)
New Moon
0. 🌑
1. 🌑
2. 🌑
3. 🌑
3.25 (Bonus) 🌑
3.50 (Story Bonus) 🌑
3.75 (Final Story Bonus) 🌑
4. 🌑
5. 🌑
6. 🌑
7. 🌑
8. 🌑
9. (End Of New Moon)🌑
0. (E)
1. (E)
3. (E)
4. (E)
5. (E)
5.5 (E Shorts)
6. (E)
7. (E) Extra Chappie
8. (E Final)
New Year Fanservice

2. (E)

3.5K 97 7
By PocketKing3

Axel walked around the arcade playing different claw machines.

"Which one: candy, or plushies?" He asked the blonde vampire.

She looked at Emmett, "Win me a toy?"

"Anything for my Rose." They kissed and he began playing.

"Alice said that Carlisle will take a blood sample from me and compare it to Sam. He wants more information about the gene." Axel explained watching a crane full of toosie rolls and laffy taffy deposit its load of treats.

"That's a good idea. Where's Alice and Jasper?" Emmett asked before letting out a tsk as his crane came back empty.

"Hunting. Alice's favorite prey is in season. Jasper's been craving coyotes and goats lately. It's been tense between me and Jas." Axel muttered looking around to see if anyone was listening in.

"Why so?" Emmett nodded as he finally got the frog.

"Well, we tried to have sex but it..." Axel blew a breath turning red, "was terribly awkward. We ended up giving up after a while."

Rose snickered as Emmett grabbed the plush from the opening at the bottom.

The blonde vampire hugged it close to her chest and Axel snorted.

"It's kinda creepy." He poked it and Rosalie pulled it away protectively.

"He's perfect." She said to Emmett who was pouting.

"You gonna name him or something." Axel said jokingly.

Rosalie's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water before she looked away bashfully.

"Name him Fredrick." The human chuckled before walking away towards the trash can to throw away the yellow Laffy Taffys. He hated bananas.

"I like that. Fredrick the frog." Emmett said elbowing her teasingly.

"Yes." Rose held the plush to her chest as they left.
-------

"So Axel has a lot of mutated genes." Carlisle said softly. The two men looked at each other and shrugged in confusion.

"What does that mean for the shifting gene?"

"It's still in him but not activated by vampire activity. He acts similar to female shifter. He carries the gene but it is unknown how to trigger it. Leah is a special case to investigate." Carlisle explained.

"What if he does shift? Will he join the pack?" Sam asked tensely.

"Discuss with your pack elders. Alice is attracted and Jasper will not let him leave."

Axel looked at Sam and he nodded at him.

"Want to learn about your heritage, Little Cousin?" He asked in a surprisingly warm voice. The human huffed as the shapeshifter ruffled his growing mane of dark hair.

"Yea, It scares me a bit. Never had a family so big." Axel said awkwardly.

"Get used to it." Sam said before nodding to Carlisle and running off.

Jasper came in stiffly looking him up and down before they nodded.

"Nod gang?" Axel said jokingly laying his head on Jasper.

"I have to go to school." Jasper groaned trying to pry the human from his chest.

"Nope." Axel clung to him.

"Axel." Jasper chuckled before tickling him. The human dug in his heels and laughed.

"No. No!" He giggled before letting go.

"I'll be back." Jasper said with a smile before leaving.

"Welp, I'm gonna be bored here." Axel groaned flopping on the couch.

Carlisle chuckled turning back towards his computer.

"These samples are incredible."

"From me or Sam?"

"Both have their intricacies." A few mouse clicks followed.

Axel rolled off the couch and wandered into Emmett's room. It was empty except for Esme putting up the laundry.

"Have you seen my Gameboy in here?" He asked and Esme walked towards the nightstand, opened it, and grabbed it from inside.

Axel reached out but Esme held it tightly.

"I want to talk." She said with a firm look.

"Fine. Speak." He said sitting in the chair and crossing his legs.

"I'm not like her... Your mother, I mean."

"Perfect place to start a case." Axel retorted leaning back.

"Axel, I'm sorry!" She yelled making him jolt. Esme never yelled.

"Why? You followed your husband and children." He muttered letting out his guilt.

"But I abandoned a child in return. I'm so sorry." She whispered stroking his cheek. Tears fell from his eyes and Esme gasped as she saw the flickering aura of a whining wolf.

"I love you, too, Esme." He whispered stumbling forward before blacking out in her arms.
------

Axel woke up to a wet street. He stumbled around in confusion.

"Esme. Jasper? Alice?!" He called out walking around.

He could hear wet pattering in the puddles. His head whipped around.

"Where am I?"

He could hear the banging of drums as the sky sparked with lightning. The clouds were apparent with every strike. Strokes of light grey and black.

He continued walking down the road and the drumming grew louder.

His eyes darted every which way in fear. Something was watching him.

'Kadidu?'

"Who's there?" Axel said firmly before a pair of eyes flashed into his vision. He stumbled over blinking until they went away.

The drumming was reaching a climax now.

Axel turned around and punched the thing in a face drawing out a whine. The wolf was the exact height that he was.

Soft brown fur as he ran into the shadows again.

Axel stalked after it cautiously. He couldn't see in the shadows.

'Kadidu.'

"Kadidu?" Axel answered and he screamed as the wolf jumped from the shadows and clamped his jaw around the human's neck.
------

Axel woke up screaming as the vampire's tried to calm him.

"Jasper! Alice!" He screamed flailing as he tried to catch his breath.

"We're here, Axel." Alice whispered softly opening his eyes. He shuddered and held her.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. What has you bent out of shape?" Alice questioned wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"I- actually don't remember." Axel said holding his head.

"You don't remember?" Jasper says trying to comfirm.

"No, I don't..." A word flashed in his mind. "I remember a word though. It was said in my mind."

"What?"

"Kadidu? I think..." Axel said crawling to the edge of the bed.

Carlisle sighed "I'll get the laptop."

Edward ran a hand through his hair. "I thought someone was being killed."

"Edward, there's only 1 living person to kill." Emmett joked.

"I'm surprised he's not stalking Bella." Rosalie giggled.

"She locked me out of her house. Something about punishing me. I'm worried especially after early this morning."

"This morning?"

"I smelled a mysterious scent and Jasper helped track it down to a dead end. Jacob set up a protection detail with the wolves."

"Wow. I missed a lot." Axel sighed, "I'm gonna go help Bella with her graduation outfit, today. We decided to go to Port Angeles and maybe Seattle next week."

"Be back before nightfall. And don't go to Seattle, there's a threat there that is dangerous for you and Bella." Jasper said softly allowing him to go.

"No promise. We can take care of ourselves, Jasper."
-----

The human drove around until it was a decent time to pick up Bella. Charlie was waiting for him.

"I'll have her back by nightfall."

He stared a long time before nodding. Bella walked from behind him and pecked his cheek.

"See ya, Charlie." She said sweetly before hopping in his car.

Axel shrugged and jumped in with her. "You ready for a ride?"

"Hella ready."

He chuckled as he sped down the road.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.5K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...
353K 9.5K 38
Magnolia Siren, descended from the great vampire hunters of old; sorcerers. Killing vampires is in her blood, yet she became friends with them. A nor...
1.4K 107 10
Evelynn Flynn has lived away from her hometown of Forks, Washington for three years. Due to the recent death of her parents she is forced to move bac...
260K 6.1K 23
"That was not what I expected when we move here" ° ° ° ° Irene and her twin brother, Tony, move to Forks. The news of two new students spread fast an...