Wanted

By VaehC3703

Bexley has family issues, but who's family doesn't have an excessive criminal history full of murder and gang... More

•Characters•
•A Drug Called Family•
•Plans For The Future•
•Atticus•
•Undercover•
•Love A Guy In Uniform•
•Princess with a little bit of Crackhead•
•Don't Be A Pussy•
•Snap Turtle•
•Suggestion•
•Vulnerable•
•Guilt•
•Zavian•
•Past•
•Good To Me•
•Awe Fuck•
•Awe, I Annoy You•
•Boring•
•Choose•
•Restrained•
•Straight Hair•
•Acting Weird•
•History Repeats•
•Pain•
•I Love Messes•
•Understanding•
•Cuffed•
•Broken•
•Don't Trust Him•
•Mr. Grumpy Pants•
•Communication•
•It Hurts•
•Well Bend Me Over And Call Me A Whore•
•Titles•
•Time To Kill•
•You Piece Of Bitch You're Going To Fuck You•
•Happy•
•Oh Baby•
•Empty Calls•
•Blinded•
•His Hair Line Is Beautiful•
•Overthinking•
•That's A Little Too Specific•
•Kick Some Cop Ass•
•Betrayal•
•Odaxelagnia•
•Got Her Good•
•Past Becomes Present•
•Anything•
•Calm•
•First Comes Kids, Then Comes Marriage•
•New Beginning•
•Don't Be Gentle•
•Marriage Letter•
•Change In My Story•
•The End•
•Ice Cream•
•New Years•
•Trouble•

•Corvina•

1.3K 27 1
By VaehC3703

        {•Edited•}
Two months later...
                             ~Bex's POV~

I've been burying myself in schoolwork, making sure to keep myself busy at all times. I've even started going to certain yoga classes with Marissa in Tuesday's to "reduce stress." You know what, how soft those instructor women talk gives me the creeps and the fact that I can't do most of the moves stresses me out. My doctor told me that doing this should help with my labor, but I'm calling bullshit.
At the beginning of the month was when I first started to get contractions and to say Zav and I were worrying is an understatement. Not knowing why I was getting them, I was afraid I was going into early labor and despite my many refusals, he forced me to go to the hospital to make sure nothing was wrong.
Most of the time I keep myself either in bed or being productive, but keeping my mind busy constantly, so I don't drown again. My mom actually put all her pain medications in my dads GUN SAFE. A little dramatic if you ask me...I know the passcode. He made sure Alaric and I memorized it in case of emergency.
Knocking on the door takes my attention off my English book. Getting up, my feet ache like crazy. All the added weight has weakened my legs and I'm not even as big as I should be due to her small size. Always being on the skinnier side growing up, my body just hasn't gotten used to this and thankfully it's almost over.
Zav is super excited about her finally getting here. Every night we've slept together he keeps his hand protectively on my stomach. Just hearing how excited he gets when talking about raising her makes me happy. I don't think I could do this with anyone else in this type of situation; that man is special in more ways than one. I've never met someone so heartfelt just tough around the edges. He's constantly speaking the sweetest words, but I know that if anyone were to try him he wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, and horribly...that turns me on.
I twist the doorknob, swinging it back a few inches to see who it is. Atticus's large build stands in the doorway. I haven't seen him since that night he came here a month ago and we talked in the hall about finding someone dirty as a piece offering. As soon as that idea left my mouth I regretted it and wanted to take it back. He could lose his job doing that and I know how hard he's worked to get where he is. It was wrong and selfish of me to ask him to do such a thing. I still haven't brought myself to talk to him since my talk with Alaric.
"Hey," I say, stepping back to let him in. Hesitantly, he steps inside, eyes fixed on the ground. "Marissa left about twenty minutes ago to the gym."
"I know, I'm here for you," he says. My brows raise. "I...I did what you asked." I straighten up, suddenly hanging onto his every word. "He asked me not to give his name, but he's already spoken with Castel and got in contact with Sin through some other people."
My shockers relax, finally able breath. "Was this last month?" I ask. He nods. Why would the or someone else tell me then? Well, Alaric told me all he could on the phone, but after everything happened it was lost from my mind.
"Zav told me it was best to wait a while before telling you because of...what happened," he says. I sit down on my bed, resting my hands on my knees. That's why. I can't be mad at Zav for telling him that because it would have just made me more stressed a week ago, but I've been feeling better.
"So they should be out soon."
"I don't know how soon, but we'll know if it works out. Otherwise..." his words trail off, jaw clenching. It feels weird to be standing in front of him having a civil conversation. I mean, I didn't tell him that if he did as asked, his end would be mended. The pain of what he did still lingers, but I can forgive and not forget. If ever pulls anything else again I will shoot him.
"Thank you," I say. He shrugs, looking back at the ground. "I'm sorry for asking so much of you. I was just hurt and didn't think about how doing this could affect you."
"You don't have to do any apologizing. I'm the one who screwed up." He's not wrong, so I don't correct him. I wince as a small pain erupts from my lower stomach. "Are you okay?" He asks, brows pulling together in concern.
"Yeah, yeah. So what are you doing tonight?" He takes in a sharp breath, looking at me nervously. My brows raise.
"I'm going to dinner with Liv and her family," he answers. Oh. I didn't know they were back together. It doesn't surprise me; I saw the way she looked at him that night she was here. Marissa didn't seem to be much of a fan. Him being with someone else feels weird, but not bad. I'm happy for him.
"That's great. You are back together?"
"Yeah. Things are going really good," he says awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. The muscling in his bicep flex as he does so. Gosh, those things are beautiful.
"Well, don't let me keep you any longer. Go get Cinderella," I tell him. Oh god, I hope he didn't take that as me teasing her. I'm sure she's a lovely girl.
"You sure you'll be okay on your own? I shouldn't stay until Marissa gets back?" And go on in this uncomfortable environment? Hell no.
"No, I'll be good. Thanks though."
•••••••
                         ~Atticus's POV~

      Bex's number showing up on my phone makes me feel like I should have never left that dorm until Marissa got back. "I'll be good." Why the hell would I listen to her when she says that? She's NEVER good. Picking it up, I press the speaker button so I can keep driving.
    "Bex," I say, waiting for something to do said on the other line. I'm ready to turn this truck around.
    "Heeeeyyyy," she says, drawing the work out in that nervous voice she makes when she doesn't know how someone will react. "So remember when I said I would be okay by myself?" My grip on the steering wheel tightens.
    "What's going on?"
    "My water broke," she says through deep breaths. I'm thankful for the red light, putting the phone on speaker. "How far are you from the dorms?" She asks.
    "Like...a good hour, but I'm sure I can make it in thirty," I tell her. What the hell am I thinking?! I'm supposed to be on my way to dinner with Liv and her parents. It's not gonna look very good when she finds out I went to my ex instead. Who the hell am I kidding; I knew that if something like this were to happen I'd be right there.
   "You don't have to come. I'll just drive myself after the contractions start to slow HOLY FUCKING SHIT down."
    "Sit down, I'm on my way."
     ••••••
           •Four Hours Later•
                          ~Bex's POV~

       Sitting in the hospital bed in nothing but a very thin blanket is extremely uncomfortable. But for some reason, I'm burning up and sweat is nearly dripping down my face from the pain. The doctors have been checking my vitals making sure I'm healthy before getting something to help with the pain. Screw doing a "natural" birth, I need those fucking drugs!
     "You don't want ice chips or anything?" Atticus asks, leaning against the wall next to the window with his arm crossed over his chest. I shake my head, just closing my eyes and resting my head back in hopes I can relax when the contractions aren't hitting. When they aren't, it's just a very tight tension that definitely doesn't feel good but is better than the full thing, so I'll take it. "Or...I don't want to sound weird, but take the blanket off? I'll leave the room for a little if you want so you can. You're sweating like crazy and it's freezing in here."
    "Yeah, I sweat when I feel like I'm dying. But no, it's okay. I also don't want to be alone. I'm only sweating cause the pain," I tell him. I wish Zav were here, but he's in Mexico working on something. He left three days ago thinking it would be a one-day thing but got stuck.
     "Are you like...after going into labor or is this just a close call and they're keeping you?" He's been in the room the entire time. Every time a doctor has come in. During every test. During every conversation. BUT WHERE THE HELL WAS HIS HEAD?!?
    "I'm in labor," I tell him, rolling my eyes. "If I got a close call  in this much pain, I think I'd kill my self." His brows raise and I start laughing. "Sorry...sorry, but that was a good one. Cause you know...I'll shut up."
He smiles, shaking his head at the ground. I knew he'd laugh no matter how hard he tried not to. He has a sick sense of humor no matter how much he tries to say he doesn't.
"You know how much that scared me?" He asks. I was hoping he wouldn't talk to me about this in a deep way, but this is Atticus we're dealing with. Of course, he's going to take it seriously, and it's something that should be taken as such, but I'm just...me; I try and make things as little of a problem as possible. "I thought about coming to the hospital when Zav told me on the phone but didn't think it was smart because we weren't on the best of terms."
When I was in the hospital, I couldn't sleep. It was just one night, but that night was full of thinking and exhaustion. For a minute or two, my finger had hovered over the "call" button for his contact. For some reason, he was the only person I felt I could talk to on that level. I didn't want anyone seeing me so vulnerable because only he has, but then I reminded myself why he saw me so vulnerable.  
           "Did you talk to him?" I ask, tears running down my face. Atticus closes the door behind him, nods. He takes the seat beside me. I wince loudly again as another contraction hits.
    "He said he thinks the earliest he can make it is tomorrow afternoon," he says. I rest my head back, looking up at the ceiling. Most women would probably be pissed off if their significant other couldn't come to the birth of their child when they literally talked about timing for this, but I'm not; disappointed, yes, but mad, no. Why would I want him to see me like this anyways?
    "Oh...okay," I say, taking deep breaths again and clenching my fists. He takes one of my hands and forcibly unclenches it. His brows raise as he looks at my palm that now has nail marks digging into my skin. He paces his fingers with mine, letting me clench onto it for dear life as another painful contraction hits.
    "Holy shit where did you get that strength?" he says, his voice strained. Sweat beads my forehead as I look over at him. "They better hurry the hell up with that epidural before you take my hand off."
    •••••

          They did hurry. After ten minutes of me squeezing onto his hand, biting down on my tongue so hard I would taste blood to keep from screaming. But when I came in, they didn't give me the epidural because there wasn't any damn time. No, she was coming, and she was coming NOW.
        I wouldn't be surprised if Atticus's hand was out of operation forever after this. Squeezing onto his hand, I could feel my nails digging in, which made me feel bad, but he also deserves it. Laying down on the bed now breathless and sweaty, looking at where the doctors are with my daughter who is crying much softer than I would have thought. Atticus stands over one of them, looking down at her.
     Reaching my hands up to my face, I wipe my tears away. They come too fast for me to catch them all. I'm not sure if it's because of the after pain or all the emotions going on in me that's making me the crying mess I am right now.
     One of the doctors comes back to the bed and looks between my legs, brows pulled together. I swear, I'm never having another kid. This is the most uncomfortable thing in the entire world. I get it, they're professionals and it's their job, but it's also weird. Imagine how their partners feel? Do they come home and are like "Seen another baby come out of a cooch today"?
     Atticus walks back over, taking long steps.       "She's okay," he says, brushing my hair back from my face. He leans over me with a smile as I manage one back. "You did it, you little snapping turtle." I laugh, my eyes closing. The memory of the first time he compared me to one replay in my memory.
     He presses his lips against my forehead, squeezing my hand. I don't think he realized what he did before he did it because when he pulls back he seems shocked with himself. I sigh, my body melting into the uncomfortable bed.
    "Thank you," I say, giving his hand a squeeze. My eyes slowly open again. He gives me a soft smile, looking tired as well. His eyes move to where the doctor is holding Corvina. I can't see her well, but I can see her.
     "She's beautiful," he tells me. I nod, looking at her the best I can. "Kind of just looks like a little alien right now, but she's beautiful."
   "You're mean," I say with a laugh. "...but not wrong." 
    ••••••

       Walking has never felt more uncomfortable. You can't even call what I'm doing walking, it's literally waddling. On my back out from the bathroom, I keep the hospital gown closed in the back. Corvina lays in the small "crib" in the corner asleep. She wakes up every now and then, but once she's out she's out like a light.
      "You don't have to stay," I tell Atticus who is still sitting in the chair next to the bed. His eyes are closed gently, lashes curling up at the very ends. I wouldn't be surprised if he was knocked out. I told him to go home or to the dorm if that's closer to sleep, but he said he was fine.
   "I'm good," he says, slurring his word. Rolling my eyes, I get back in bed. Just as I do she starts crying. He gets up before I stand again, between my legs aching like crazy. They had to do some stitches, but there was nothing major. I should be good and back in business in two weeks.
     He rests her in my arms as I start rocking them back and forth slowly. She does calm down, her crying coming to a stop. We were wrong, she doesn't look like a little alien. She's as beautiful as we thought. Of course, she doesn't look like my side or Zav's yet, but she's a little person. My little person.
     "This suits you well," he says, sitting down in the chair, leaning forehead in his elbows. I look down at her with a smile, my head against the pillows. Her eyes are closed, already having very long lashes. I grab her tiny hand with two fingers, giggling at how small she is. "Can-Can I hold her?" He asks.
    I nod, trying my best to straighten up to hand her over but he does most of the work for me. He sits back down, cradling g her in his arms. His shoulders move nervously.
    "You were literally the first person to hold her after the doctor. Don't be scared now," I tease. The doctors gave her to him first to bring to me. I'm not sure if she assumed he was the father, but that's how it seemed...and looked. He scoffs, looking down at her with soft eyes. His index finger looks huge when he creases her small cheek with the side of it.
    "You do realize you have to raise her now?" I close my eyes, brows pulling together.
   "Don't remind me." The thought terrifies me, but I have faith I can do it. I would do anything for her. Everything has changed in such a small amount of time.
     "If anyone can do it you can."
   •••••

          Waking up in the morning, I'm shocked to see Zav sitting in a chair with Vina in his arms. His t-shirt hangs on the arm of the chair along with his belt. A small smile is spread across his lips.  I'm happy he's here though no matter how much time it did or didn't take.
     "Hey," I say to get his attention. He looks up from her, his smile widening at my voice. Her head is rested rest between his bicep and forearm, a blanket wrapped around her small body. Her small lips make me want to squeeze them.
    "I didn't want to wake you," he says, his voice raspy. He probably hasn't slept, it doesn't look like he has. I shrug, thankfully not hurting too bad. I wasn't expecting to wake up in agony after being ripped open...but I guess I'm used to it in a way. The sore feeling I have just from laying here is similar to...well waking up after sex. "I'm really sorry I couldn't make it."
    "It's okay," I say. He shakes his head, looking back down at her. This was his main worry, which is another reason I'm not mad. There was a part of him that knew this could happen and we did try to work around it, but it didn't turn out that way.
          "She's stunning, just like I said she would be," he says, looking half as tired as me. His eyes are low and dark underneath. His hair is messed up in a way that shows he hasn't slept. But he looked relaxed right now, cradling Corvina in his arms.
    She's a lot smaller than they said she should be, but it shouldn't be a concern. It's no wonder I got heartburn so bad, she has more hair than I thought a baby could.  Looking at her now, it's so hard to believe that SHE was inside me for nine months.
    "She's gonna be stealing boys hearts," I say with a tired smile. This gown is itchy as hell; even though I'm exhausted, I'll be surprised if I don't have to sleep naked to fall asleep.
    "She better not," he says, looking down at her with a pout. "I'll kill any boy who even looks at you, Angel. FUCK SHE'S ADORABLEEEE!"
    "No yelling," I say, making a very lazy attempt to swat him.
    "Sorry. We should make a few more, she's too cute to stop now."
   "You're out of your mind."

      AN: Imma end it there! Personally, I love this chapter but know he's messy so 🤷‍♀️ I'll clean it later. So I thought there was like 5 chapters left but hahahaaaaa no. I still don't know. The next chapter I wrote is now not the last chapter so I did crying for nothing. Also! Sorry this update is late, today wasn't a good pain day so I needed a break. Anyways, I really hope you guys enjoyed!
    Question: What do you think of Atticus being there for the birth instead of Zav? Zav or Atticus?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119 0 7
After witnessing a murder she shouldn't have Morgan finds herself in a downward spiral. She knows it's not right but she can't help the feelings she...
2.2K 144 32
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
45.7K 1.1K 44
Charlotte was taken away from her family at the age of two by her mother. Charlotte has become your stereotypically troubled teen and spends her tim...
486K 15.4K 45
From the outside, it looks like Ivy Stephens has the perfect life. At 21 she is living with her boyfriend of 2 years, and he is a cop. After another...