Mafiatale Sans x female reade...

By moon1767

Over thousands of years the Underground's hopes of becoming free had slowly disappeared and have gone to alte... More

Paying respects
What?
Short-Lived Memories
Not like other Flappers
First Day
I'm not Intimidated
No Dice
Company to its extent
Falling Into Place
Set in Stone
Not a Freak
Make Yourself Known
Is This Love?
A Change
Going Out In Style
Jealousy
A Fifty-Fifty Chance
A Turn of Events
Needs
The Bargain
Determination
Epilogue
(My reason for writing this book)

Uncalled For

1.7K 66 37
By moon1767

The moment Mettaton's first act ended with a satisfied crowd, Sans slumped into his seat with a heavy sigh of relief.

     "finally, that robot stopped singing." Sans groans.

     "Sans! That was very rude of you, I rather like Mettaton's singing." Papyrus says as he finishes clapping.

     "that's because you're dizzy for her, paps." Sans teases.

     "I don't like him—her, I don't like her because of her looks or for her talent of singing...we just used to be close friends before—"

     Papyrus noticed he had gone too far explaining his feelings towards someone who he clearly see's dear to him and stopped himself before he went any further.

     "alright, cut it with the sob story and let's use our time to find out what asgore is up to."

     "Right. You're right, we need to focus on why we're here in the first place." Says Papyrus as he adjusts his mask and suit.

     "attaboy, now i need you to gun for anything hinky with infernum and try to tell me before the intermission ends." 

     Sans sits up from his uncomfortably small seat and signals two bodyguards to come with him as they follow behind.

     "Wait— Do you really think it's a good idea for you to go find Asgore with the kind of disguise you're wearing?" Papyrus says worried.

     "why not, is something wrong with it?" Sans says as he grins behind the mask.

     "No, the mask looks swell— it just doesn't do much justice given by your appearance and all." Papyrus falters. "I mean for Hell's sake Sans, you're wearing a skull! You might as well have come with no mask at all."

     Sans lights his cigar, only to be painfully reminded that his mask was in the way of the only thing that was keeping him calm and regrettably puts it out in the glass ashtray near his seat.

     "no offense paps, but you're not that far from the same issue as me." Sans says referring to Papyrus' abnormally tall composure. 

     Sans leaves to the other side of the theater's balcony before Papyrus could say anything else witty towards his appearance and begins his search for Asgore. His bodyguards silently follow behind as he looks over the rails and down at the scuttling crowd beneath him. His white pupils scanned for Asgore's unmistakable composure as he paced around each and every balcony until he had made his way to the very top. Sans grinned and held in a chuckle as he spotted the familiar blood red suit that belonged to Asgore who looked as if he was waiting for Sans all this time.

     "Speak of the devil; I was just looking for you, Sans. But it looks like you found me first." Says Asgore.

     He signals his two unusual helmet wearing bodyguards to leave him be as they cautiously walk pass Sans and his goons who glared at them as they went down the stairs. 

     "bold of you to assume that you won't be needing your men if something bad happens." Sans says in a deathly tone as his pupils were no longer visible.

     "Oh Sans, you and I know very well what would happen if we started a fight in the only place where two monsters like us can have a friendly conversation..."

     Asgore's guards were down the stairs and out of sight as the two mob leaders took a moment to admire each other's elegant appearances.

     "Honestly Sans, I was hoping you'd make it a bit harder for me find you."

     "i could tell you the same, Asgore." 

     "What can I say, was it the mask, or was it my love for the color red?" Asgore jokes.

     "it's hard to tell..." Sans responds sarcastically.

     The tension in the air was visibly present coming from the two leaders while one of them in particular didn't seem to be providing any sign of conflict.

     "Why don't we take a seat and tell me what's on your mind—" 

     Asgore began heading towards the best seats in the house that he had reserved for himself and his other multiple exceptions. The entire section of seats were closed off by a heavily draped curtain that secluded viewers of the hallway, revealing to them the great height and view of the neighboring balconies below and across, along with the massive stage that seemed smaller than where Sans was previously sitting.

     "Such a spectacular view; everyone down below looks like a colony of ants, serving their king."

     Sans knew what Asgore was doing as he tried not to let Asgore get under his non existent skin.

     "how's about we stop bumping gums and start talkin' business. why are you here exactly and why are you suddenly interested in mettaton's gigs? you're not doing business here with someone else are you?"

     "It's only a show, can't a man have some fun these days?" Asgore grins.

     Asgore continues to silently stare down at the crowd of monsters, his rectangular pupils darting around as if he was searching for someone in particular. He stops looking over the balconies and leans back into his larger and comfier chair. Sans sits a seat away from Asgore and grips the arm of his chair in frustration by Asgore's seemingly innocent comment.

     "don't give me that bull, or i'm gonna have to give this place a reason to stop the show from going on." Sans implies.

     "Oh Sans, what makes you think that I'm up to something? I'm not here on any sort of business, unless— you think I'm here to take my revenge on you from stealing my human that I rightfully caught."

     "she was never yours to take."

     Asgore became amused by Sans' statement.

     "So what did you do to the fragile thing? Tell me, did you kill it?"

     "of course i killed her, why would I keep something alive that's more useful being dead?"

     "How was it killing something that doesn't turn into dust once it's dead? Did you let the body rot, or did you dispose of it immediately?"

     At this point, Sans was slowly clawing at the arm of his chair and leaving behind scratch marks. He was writhing in anger at the way Asgore referred to (y/n) as 'thing' or 'it', as if she was nothing more than a piece of flesh. 

     "i didn't like the idea of the body laying around, so I burned it." Sans continued to lie.

     "And what about the soul? Did you manage to retrieve it before it shattered into tiny little pieces?" Asgore was completely intrigued.

     "—that's none of your business." 

     "Please, you were kind enough to tell me what you did with the corpse, you might as well tell what you did with th—." 

     "i said leave it." Sans snaps and looks at Asgore with a single glowing blue eye.

     "From what it sounds like, you weren't able to retrieve the soul in time." 

     Asgore was hardly phased by Sans' threatening demeanor and continued on like nothing was wrong.

     "i wasn't fast enough and now the soul is gone." 

     Sans' heavy breathing from his sudden outburst slows down as he takes a mental note on how invested Asgore seems to be when talking about souls.

     "What a shame, I was hoping to make a deal with you about that soul in the near future."

     Sans and Asgore were interrupted by a Temmie coming through the thick drapes.

     "EXcuse tem fOr inTRus, bUT inTERmiSSIon is aLmos OvEr!"

     Sans didn't want to leave yet; he didn't get enough information about why exactly Asgore is in Waterfall, but he was able to what Asgore's certain interest are with souls.

     "You better get back to your seat before the show comes back on. My men won't be happy if they see the Venatores' leader sitting near their unguarded boss."

         Before Sans could exit through the curtained entrance from where he came in, Asgore called his name while staying seated as he turned to face Sans who waited for Asgore's final response.

     "I am telling the truth when I say I'm only here for the show, Sans."

     "great. i'll keep that in mind when the second act starts."

     Sans leaves as one of his bodyguards lets go of the curtain he was holding up and lets it swing back over the doorway as soon as the other guard had left. As Sans walked down the stairs, he spots the same two monsters wearing medieval helmets with their suits that were with Asgore when he first found him. He eyes the two monsters and walks passed them as they paid no attention to him and continued to walk upstairs where Asgore was waiting.

*      *      *

My heart was leaping out of my chest as my feet brought me closer to the theater. I kept a safe distance between the two large monsters that now had the purple soul they stole from the old turtle monster.

     Are you sure this is a good idea about blowing our cover to Sans, just to tell him that we saw two suspicious monsters kill and an old man for a soul?  He's going to flip if he finds out that we're here!

     'Chara, this might be our only chance where we'll know exactly where another human soul is. If we can't find Sans, we can at least figure out where the soul is going.'

     I walk inside the lobby and quickly searched for the monsters who were hiding the soul underneath their suit. It wasn't hard to find them from their strange knight helmets as I watch them walk up the stairs leading to the top balcony. I waited until there was enough distance between them and me to leave the first flight of stairs before making my ascend to the second level. The monsters refused to stop as they continued to go up each and every step, taking me higher and higher.

     Are these monsters actually going to the very top!?

     I ignored Chara's comment as I stopped to catch my breath and slowly losing sight of the two monsters. I suck in a sharp breath and began walking faster up each step I took. I look up to check if the monsters were still above me, only to find that they had already made it to the top.

      A bell suddenly rang out all through the theater as a faint sound of a voice was coming from the stage.

     "ATteNtiOn EveRYone, INterMIssiON is oVeR in fiVE mInuTEs!!"

     I sigh knowing that I wouldn't have enough time to reach the top balcony and walk all the way back down before the show started. I made the trip slower coming down, that is until a voice came from behind me.

     "Scuse' me miss, but some of us would like to get back to our seats in time for the show."

     I turned around to meet the monster that made the crude remark towards me, only to see two monsters on either side of another monster that stood in the middle that was wearing a skeleton mask.

     "C'mon, pick up th' pace!" The same monster spoke.

     The monster wearing the skeleton mask motions the one to stop talking.

     "sorry for their behavior, miss."

     The man's familiar voice was enough to make me stop the monsters from walking past me.

     "...Sans?" I spoke softly,

     The skeleton mask man stiffened at the sound of my voice as the two monsters beside him stood their guard.

     "Sir, do you know this woman?" One asks.

     "He most certainly does!" I respond.

     I lift up my mask to partially reveal my face to Sans as the other two men also stood in shock at the sight of my face. Before I knew it, Sans grabs me by the wrist and pulls me to the edge where the stairs meet with the wall.

     The two guards swiftly back away from Sans and hesitated to stop him.

     "why are you here, (y/n), you're not supposed to leave the mansion." Sans growls.

     "Never mind that, Sans. I need to tell y—"

     "i don't think i want to listen to someone who just broke a very serious rule..."

     I didn't have time to hear what Sans had to say.

     "Shut your trap and listen to me! Asgore came to Waterfall so he could find and steal a human soul!" I huff in frustration.

     "what?" Sans says confused.

     His solid grip loosens on my arms and felt the pressure on my back release from Sans pushing me against the wall.

     "You heard me, two of Asgore's men just went up these stairs with a human soul and they just killed a monster to get."

     "are you talkin' about the two monsters wearing those knight helmets that I walked by a second ago?"

     "Yes! Those men just killed a poor old man and took the human soul he was carrying."

     Sans' state of panic began to rise every second.

     "did anyone of those two monsters see ya following them?"

     I silently shake my head 'no'. 

     Sans looks over at his bodyguards who were ready to take action on his command as he turns back to me and heaves a sigh before adjusting my mask to properly cover my face.

     "okay doll, where have you been sitting since ya first got here?"

     "I'm on the bottom floor in the first row and sitting next to a white fluffy dog— what does this have to do with stopping Asgore?"

     "i'll have my men keep watch from the balcony and some nearby where you're sitting just in case anything goes wrong. as soon as the show ends, i want ya to stay put until either me or papyrus comes to get you."

     "Why can't you just take me back to the mansion right now where I'll be safe instead of letting me stay here?"

     Sans puts his hand on my cheek and uses his thumb to caress it caringly.

     "i'll look suspicious to Infernum if they notice me leaving the show early with a beautiful lady such as yourself." Sans says as he tries to lighten me up.

     I smile at Sans' compliment as our joining hands lingered before letting go.

     "Goodluck." I tell him.

     "that goes to you too, doll."

     Sans tells his bodyguards to bring back up and inform Papyrus about the change of plans as I hurried down the stairs before the show starts without me. I was beginning to feel nervous as my body goes tense and my heart races.

     Why didn't you tell Sans that you also have a human soul stuffed inside your purse? Chara says confused.

     'Sans has too much on his mind right now, it's best if I tell him after this mess is over.'

     I race down the stairs and dash towards the entrance of the theater where a Temmie was slowly closing the door.

     "Wait! Leave that open!" I say panting.

     The Temmie stops and looks at me in the distance and patiently waits for me to catch up.

     "CaME jus in TimE beFOR tem clos DoOr!"

     I thank Temmie for waiting for me and quickly walked to my seat without trying to look like I ran halfway down a flight of balcony stairs. 

     I get to my seat just as the announcer (which is also Temmie) who started introducing Mettaton's next performance. As I adjusted myself before sitting down, Toby looked as if he was waiting for me for a long time and made a small whimper. I pat Toby on the head, reassuring him that I hadn't left. 

     As soon as the announcer finished, Mettaton returned to the stage wearing an entirely new outfit that was just as extravagant as the last one. The crowd went wild as she walks on stage, I would've done the same if I hadn't witnessed a murder for a human soul. I clutch my purse closer to my side, remembering that even I was hiding a human soul that had transformed from a tough glove and bandana I bought from Will.

     I tried my best not to look nervous or suspicious as the show went on; I wasn't paying attention to the performance as I focused on the outskirts of the audience in search of Sans and his men keeping a close eye on me. I slowly scanned the theater around me as a wave of relief swept over me the moment I spotted Sans standing near an exit sign at the edge of the wall. Despite his gaze being covered from his mask, I could feel him watching me closely. He suddenly noticed me looking and nods his head to let me know that he sees me.

Mettaton's singing and dancing had been going on for a good hour and was coming to a grand end. It was the third and last song as the background singers and dancers were coming all together like before. The song ends and everyone burst into cheering and clapping as flowers were being thrown on stage and showering Mettaton with streamers and confetti.

     "Thank you, thank you all! You've been a good crowd!" Mettaton began tearing up as she continued to thank her audience. "Before everyone leaves, lets thank the man who made tonight's show possible— this handsome devil needs no introduction, c'mon on out big guy!"

     My heart sank to the bottom of my chest as I watched a monster wearing a too familiar blood red suit come out from behind the stage. I didn't need a face to guess that Asgore was the one behind the mask and walking on stage towards Mettaton. He waved to the audience that never ceased cheering as he stood by Mettaton who occasionally glanced at her side where Asgore made her look puny.

     "I'm sure most of you that have been to my previous performances know what happens next, and for those of you who don't are in for a treat! Tonight, we're going to randomly choose a lucky man or woman from the audience to come and get your picture taken with moi and tonights sponsor!"

     A large spotlight suddenly shined down on the audience as it circled about as Mettaton cued a drumroll from the orchestra to dramatically reveal who would be the one who gets to meet Mettaton and Asgore. 

     "And the lucky monster is—" Mettaton draws out the last word, waiting for the suspense to end on her command.

     My heart stops as the spotlight shines above Toby who was happily barking and panting that he was chosen. Toby quickly jumps off his seat and bounds up the steps leading to the stage as the spotlight followed him. Mettaton was showing visible signs of happiness at the sight Toby in his little vest and dog treat shaped mask.

     "Well aren't you a handsome boy!" Mettaton comments to Toby. "What's your name so we can tell our eager audience—"

     Toby takes out what looks like a business card from his pocket and gently held it in his mouth. Mettaton bends down to grab the card and holds it up to read.

     "Let's give it up for Toby who's our lucky monster for tonight!"

     More cheering began as a monster with a camera and stool ran on stage as the photographer sets up the camera and places Toby on the stool in order for him to be shoulder level to Mettaton. A few seconds went by as Mettaton and Toby posed while Asgore just stood motionless behind them as the camera flashed. Before the camera man could leave as fast as he appeared, Toby quickly barks to get Mettaton's attention.

     "What is it little man?" She says playfully.

     Toby stayed sitting on the stool as he points a paw in my direction and another spotlight suddenly appears above me.

     "Who's this young lady? Is she your date, Toby?" Mettaton asks.

     Toby barks into the microphone and nods his head as he panted with excitement.

     "Well let's not leave your date out of this, come on up darling!"

     I sat in fear and petrified to move as the crowd cheered me on. I look over to Sans, only to see that he was no longer in sight. Mettaton began encouraging me as well as Toby for me to come on stage. I look at Asgore who was quietly staring me down; he was still as a statue compared to the lively atmosphere of the theater. 

     I take in a deep breath and made a split second decision to leave my purse on my seat to keep Asgore far away from the human soul trapped inside my purse. Those ten seconds became a blur as I found myself walking on stage and standing next to Mettaton and Toby while Asgore towered behind us. The photographer suddenly takes a few pictures and leaves the stage with the stool and camera at hand before the crowd could end their clapping. After the picture, Mettaton shakes my hand and Toby's paw. As I turned to follow Toby off stage A firm grip stopped me from behind. I could feel my heart hammering against my ribcage as I looked down to see Asgore's massive black furry hand had latch onto my arm and preventing me from going anywhere. Asgore lowers his head to my level as he let out a quiet chuckle.

     "What a surprise, (y/n). I was only expecting Sans and his saps to come to this uneventful show. But seeing you here too— now this is a treat."

     I tried to fight back from Asgore's steel grip but a chilling scream from the audience distracts the whole theater. The clapping and cheering stopped as more screams of horror erupted around. I look out into the crowd in desperation to find Sans.

     "He's got a gun!" A monster shouts amongst the screams of terror.

     As soon as those words were heard, every monster began to panic and scream as everyone moved away from the culprit and dash to the nearest emergency exits. The monster everyone was running away from that was holding a gun was just in view but a sudden jolt came from Asgore as he dragged me away towards the back of the stage.

     "I was glad to be leaving this place with one soul but it looks like I'll be leaving with two tonight!" Asgore laughs as he pulls me away.

     "you might want to recount."

     Asgore stops dragging me as he spots Sans' loaded gun aiming right at his head.

     "So you're the one that caused the whole theater to run and scream." Asgore says gritting his teeth in anger.

     "Think again, Asgore!" Papyrus shouts in the distance as he runs onto the stage and readys himself behind Sans, watching his back.

     The sound of multiple guns loading at once fills the air as I look up to see more Infernum men aiming down at Sans and Papyrus from the balcony. 

     Sans pays no attention to them and only smiles as he sees his brother's back up who were positioned on the opposite side of the balcony who were also aiming back at Asgore's men.

     The entire theater was at a standstill with guns pointing in every direction, Mettaton was long gone from the stage and hauled away by security to safety; all that's left is the Venatores and Infernum at each other's throats.

     "Oh Sans, when will you learn that you can't always win with violence?" Asgore's laugh echoed throughout the theater.

     A chill runs down my spine from Asgore's sickening amusement as he pulls me around to cover the front of his body and pulls out a gun from his pocket and shoves the point of it into my side. Sans pulls off his mask to reveal his raging blue eye pouring out smoke from his left eye socket.

     "hand (y/n) over or i'm gonna have to—"

     "Do what?" Asgore interrupts. "What are you going to do, Sans? You have nothing to hold against me; I already have what I need, threatening me won't get you anywhere."

     I didn't want to believe Asgore that he was right about my situation; there wasn't anything Sans could do to stop Asgore from taking me back to Hotland along with the purple soul he now has. I look into Sans' glowing eye with a single tear rolling down my face, waiting for Sans to do something. He caught a glimpse of my face and his expression of anger slowly changed into a mocking grin. 

     (Y/n), I think I got an idea, but you have to let me take control.

     Chara's unusually calm demeanor put me at ease as I silently give her my consent.

     Before I knew what Chara was up to, I let her take control of me, trusting that she knew what she was doing.

     My arms began to move on Chara's command as she jabs my elbow into Asgore's gut, causing him to heave and drop his gun. Chara took action and grabbed Asgore gun mid fall and twirls around to aim it at the helmet wearing monster carrying the human soul. 

     Chara's sudden action caused a panic as monsters started shouting commands to ready their guns at me. More Infernum men ran to the stage to surrounded me as the sound of all types of guns cocked back. I wanted to tremble in fear but Chara refused to let me do so and kept me still as a statue still aiming at my target. Papyrus was taken aback by my unexpected change in attitude while Sans knew perfectly well that I wasn't doing this by myself.

     Asgore is helped up by a few of his men as he shakes them off and coughs. He gets back on his feet, holding his stomach while he ripped his mask off and threw it out of his way.

     "Well, well, well, look who's trying to be the hero. Out of all the monsters you should be aiming at, why that one in particular?" Asgore says as he holds back his rage.

     "Because, this monster in particular is keeping the one thing you're here for." I say boldly.

     The helmet wearing monster freezes as he holds his hands up and the jar he used to trap the soul falls from his coat and rolls onto the floor. 

     "If you don't let me and the Venatores go, I will shoot this very soul you came for. If you do decide to let us go, you can keep the human soul and leave in one piece." I threaten.

     Asgore looks at me and back at the purple soul as I kept the gun pointing right at it. 

     "You got ten seconds to decide to consider my offer— Ten... Nine... Eight."

     As the countdown began the theater's entrance bursts open as a hoard of rabid Temmies charge towards us. I paid no attention to the Temmies and continued counting down as they were about to surrounded the stage.

     "... Seven... Six..."

     The herd of Temmies were getting closer and the sound of their savage growling was getting closer and Asgore was running out of time.

     "Five... Four..."

     The Infernum men surrounding me began to hesitate as they gave up aiming at me and pointed their guns at the bigger and larger threat coming straight towards them.

     "The Temmies are coming straight for us!" A desperate Infernum shouted.

     "Three... Two..."

     The Temmies came to a halt as one of them emerges from the herd.

     "This is Bob, leader of Temmies! You have violated Waterfall's law by bringing your business on neutral territory! Leave now or be torn to shreds!"

     I watch pleased as Asgore sneers at me and tells his men to put away their weapons.

     "Fine. I'll follow your deal and let you and the rest of the Venatores leave."

     As soon as Sans heard Asgore agree he steps in front of me in order to protect me. Asgore walks over to pick up the jar on the floor with the soul still inside and clutches it close to him, not wanting to lose it a second time. Seeing Asgore with the human soul made me want to bring it back to the mansion with me and Sans, but the deal was already settled.

     I put Asgore's gun on the ground and carefully kick it towards him. He hands the jar with the soul to one of his members as he walks over to grab his gun. As he places it back into his blood colored suit, I could feel a glare of absolute malice coming from Asgore's yellow eyes.

     "I have to say, (y/n), you were quite impressive to do something as daring as what you did to me— but this doesn't change my thoughts about your soul. I will have your soul, (y/n). One way or the other."

     Infernum and Asgore left as fast as they could before the rabid Temmies unleashed their wrath. Sans, Papyrus and I including the rest of the Venatores were the only ones left in the theater. Sans turned to face me but was interrupted by me running back to where I had left my purse during the chaos I was unfortunately dragged into. I let myself fall into the chair in relief as soon as my eyes landed on the glass charm that still kept the orange human soul captivated. I look back onto the stage where Papyrus began arguing to Sans, wondering how did I get caught up in another mess once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 180 34
#6-mafiatale (WOO!) 12-21-22 ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ this will have shooting, swearing, gore, attempted sexual advances, and other triggering content. If you a...
17.1K 372 31
Your walk through the town at night.Ever sense monsters have been free from the mountain. Staying in hiding from the world. The creature that humans...
28.8K 486 12
(Complete!) **Warning Darlings~~!** This may contain mature content or serious topics (abuse/depression/violence.) Please be atleast 16+ to read this...