Old Sepia Pages

Por Cat_Walker

A girl, much better than she was before and having somehow secured a good college, sitting in the oddest of... Más

prologue
1. over the summer
2. indifferent
3. new me?
4. clichés
5. persistence
6. family
7. fame
8. college
9. automatons
11. fake
12. discipline
13. laughter
14. watershed
15. new college
16. porn
17. perspective
18. vision
19. failure
20. a boy

10. audition

37 5 0
Por Cat_Walker

3rd august, saturday, 2019

dear diary,

Two days ago I auditioned for the theatre society of college and I'm sure I sucked. I chose this society because singers, instrumentalists, actors and writers, all are welcome. It seems like a place where all of my talents can grow.

I was terrified initially. I've never sung openly in front of people. I fervently shake my head each time even my close friends ask me to sing. This time, though, what carried me to that stage was the fact that I was ready, like I had promised myself to be. And it did help my confidence as I'd predicted. But I can't say that I've overcome my stage fright just yet.

One thing I've learnt from being a part of the audience is that those who are watching really don't care about the people who are auditioning. I've known this all along, obviously. When I'm the one watching, I only remember the people who were good, and the rest are forgotten, unless someone fucks up majorly. I might even laugh at a bad audition, but that's it. The story ends there (unless the watcher is a bully of some sort). 

Before going up there, this is what I was thinking about. I told myself that I could expect the same of my audience. What was the harm in auditioning?

So I stood on the stage. I was aware that I hadn't practiced the day before, and that there were chances of me being off-key. But when I started, I had no idea what I was doing. I don't know whether I was on-key or not. I felt a bit disappointed as I sang, thinking that my voice sounded shaky. My legs were trembling. I think my high notes were off. Anyway, it more or less came out how I had practiced it. 

When I had to act, I forgot what all I had been thinking while on the bleachers—she needs more volume, her expression is not good enough, stuff like that.  I just did what came to my mind. And I made many of the same mistakes.

They gave me lines, and then situations. The lines didn't correspond to the situations at all, but I had to say them as I acted. No other dialogue was allowed.

So when I had to behave as if I had injured my foot and say, "I have lost my dog," at the same time, I pretended that the situation was real. That is the key to acting, in my opinion. And I think I did well. In some situations, I had to pause to prepare myself. Some situations I didn't enact well. I was like one of those people who had used the same expression in all situations. But overall, I felt satisfied. Let's see what happens.

UPDATE: I just got a text saying that I've been selected!!! Gosh! Tomorrow is the first official day of theatre practice! I will write more about it tomorrow!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

615K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
182K 7.1K 66
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
34.6K 113 13
All the characters are from my imagination and nothing is personal here. For All the photos used the credits qre to their respective owners.