Scars

By ThatPsychoErica

A story of heart break, pain, self harm, forgiveness, love, friendships, and ho seemingly small actions havin... More

Chapter One - The Pain
Chapter Two - The Cause
Chapter Three - New & Old Faces

Chapter One Sample

1.6K 32 8
By ThatPsychoErica

There is absolutely NO excuse for plagiarism.

Authors work very hard to make these stories and have made to decision to share their work with the literature world.

These stories are to share their imagination and creativity as well as to help themselves grow from the constructive criticism and positive feedback.

These stories are NOT for anyone else to steal and mooch off another person's hard work.

Remember that plagiarism is a legal offense and you can be legally charged if you are caught and also remember that Wattpad's authors don't have to do this. We can remove our work just as easily as we put it up or even bring you to court if you plagiarize our work.

This is just a sample of a book I've started working on. I really want to write this story but I want you guy's feedback. I know it isn't a passionate werewolf romance rejection thing but is this something you guys would be interested in? Please tell.

- Erica Gene

        Chapter One - The Pain

Many say that when a girl gives her virginity to her love is when they truly become a woman, this was the day that Corinne realized why. She held a consistent smile that caste a gentle glow of warmth around her, she could feel her fresh dose of confidence lacing it's way around her body as she stood tall and proud as she made her way down the hall of her high school. Well as tall as she could at five foot five. The flow of emotions she was experiencing could only be summed up as purely happy, everything in her life was going perfectly. She had the grades, she had the friends and she had the perfect boyfriend. A sigh of content escaped her lips as her thoughts drifted to dazzling thoughts of her lovely boyfriend, Colton Hanes also known as, Prince Charming. The very thought of him sent her into a gentle swoon as he truly was everything she had ever wanted in a guy. Colton was smart, funny, charming and of course rather attractive, being the golden boy of their school also helped seeing as she was the envy of many however, she was also the mockery. Although she had never taken the stereotypes as factual it was still a shock to have the most desired male in her school to suddenly come to her saying he had been silently interested in her for a while and wanted to go out on a date. Only a month had gone by and they had shared all their hopes and dreams and fears with one another, it wasn't long before she realized she was head over heels and made the decision to share everything with him.

She shifted her thick, wide framed glasses on her nose and looked down as a light blush warmed her cheeks as she approached Colton leaning against his locker talking to a friend. Her heart fluttered in her chest as she examined the motions of his body through her lashes, the memory of his bare skin over his firm muscles against her own soft flesh sent her face into a wave of heat. Hearing her approach, Colton looked over his shoulder and his charmingly crooked smile as he stretched his arm out to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders as she came next to him. She placed her hand on his chest as she turned her face away from his friend who looked between the two before giving Colton a raised eyebrow and a seemingly knowing yet question smirk. He responded to this with a smug smile and a nod of the head. The interaction between them was innocent enough but made Corinne tense with discomfort and she felt her insecurities rising up to tighten her chest.

A kiss was suddenly placed on her forehead.

"So how are you today, babe," Colton asked in his careless, deep tone.

She smiled meekly up at him tugging at her hair nervously as they began walking towards their morning class. "I'm great now. Are we still on for lunch today?"

He made a face of guilt and moved away from her. "Sorry, babe but Mr. Curns gave me lunch detention."

She frowned, her disappointment apparent in her expression. "Again?"

He rubbed the back of neck and avoided her gaze which gave the impression that he was hiding something but she chose to ignore it and focus on his words as she knew he had no reason to lie. "Yeah he's out to get me, I swear."

She chuckled. "I'm sure he isn't. He just wants to make sure you pass his class."

He rolled his eyes. "It's still annoying but I'll see you later, babe." He placed a quick kiss on her cheek before taking his leave.

She watched him go, feeling the fluttering in her chest overwhelm her senses as she fiddled with her thick, chestnut braid. She wasn't the most attractive girl but she felt when he was around her, it didn't matter. He made her feel beautiful.

"Earth to Cori. Please make your descent from from cloud nine."

Corinne jumped and turned to see her best friend, Kelsey, smirking knowing at her. Her smile however fell as she looked Corinne over.

"So . . . you did the nasty," she stated almost bluntly.

Corinne's jaw fell as she stared at her friend in complete horror, a deep blush engulfing her face. "It's that obvious?!"

Kelsey gave a sigh of mild frustration. "Cori, I thought you'd know better than to give yourself to someone like him."

Corinne frowned. The two had been best friends since eighth grade and did nearly everything together but since she had started dating Colton, Kelsey had started pulling away. This was probably due to Kelsey only viewing him as a player.

"Those rumors aren't true. He loves me. He would never hurt me," she stated firmly.

Kelsey gave an exasperated sigh. "Cori, he's playing you. Like why can't-"

"Why are you trying to ruin my happiness? I love hi-"

"He's using you! God, why are you too stupid to realize that?"

Corinne's face heated with anger as.she clenched her fists tightly. "He would never and if you can't even be my friend and support me and my happiness then . . . Then I don't want you and my friend!"

Kelsey stared darkly at her friend for a long moment before muttering, "Fine." She then spun on her heels and walked away.

Despair and rage coursed through Corinne all at once which she responded to by heading towards the science hall. Determination drove her as the bell rang signaling the start of lunch but she kept in her stride towards the biology lab. She threw open the door to a specific class room. "Mr. Curns, I'm just-"

She paused when she saw the room completely empty of any people. Soft rustling in the back room caught her attention and she rushed across the room. "Mr. Curns,"  she called quietly which was returned by a soft feminine chuckle then a gentle moan.

Corinne's heart thumped heavily in her chest as she slowly pushed the door open. She was met with the sight of a tall bleach blonde that she had seen around the school but couldn't place a name on her, sitting on one of the large lab tables with a dark hair male between her legs, his lips locked on her neck as he viciously unbuttoned her silk blouse and pushed it down her shoulders.

"Colton," she breathed in disbelief.

Colton snapped his head in her direction and looked in surprise. "Corinne."

Her heart swelled painfully as not a bit of regret hung in his tone. "H-how could you?"

He raised his eyebrow to her. "You didn't think we were serious, did you?"

Her mouth fell open. "You . . . You said you loved me."

He let out a harsh laugh. "I say a lot of things."

The blonde groaned behind him and roughly latched her hands around his neck. "You said you'd do me senseless. Don't tell me that was a lie."

His eyes gleamed with mischief as he glanced at her. "Of course not, babe."

Corinne felt her legs becoming weak under her. "But I . . . I gave you everything."

"Don't be such a whore next time," he stated nonchalantly as if the option was the most obvious thing in the world.

This was the moment Corinne felt her heart shatter and she felt all her innocence and faith fall to pieces all with it. She felt all emotion drain from her until she felt nothing but emptiness within herself. Her self destruction must have been apparent on her face because even as the nameless blonde began kissing his neck in a demand for attention, his eyes never left her. They continued to follow her as she mindlessly turned and left the room. She refused to let her emotions take over even as she closed the classroom door behind her and slide to the ground to bury her face in her arms.

My heart, my faith, my innocence, my friend. I lost it all to him.

"But Cori, I love you," Travis cried out in the middle of the campus.

Corinne rolled her eyes and crossed her pale arms over her chest. "You didn't seriously think that we we're a thing, did you?"

His hand that held out the promise ring trembled violently at her words. "You said you liked me," he murmured as if to convince himself.

"Yeah, you were a decent pay. But you didn't think I'd actually be with you, did you."

He looked down at the ground. "I thought . . . I thought we were together . . ."

She shook her head. "Honey, I would never actually be with you. Like, ever."

His anger flared up as he looked up at Cori with an expression of hatred. "I gave you everything, you bitch!"

"It wasn't very much, I must say," she said bluntly.

At this point, Travis had decided he'd heard enough and turned on his heels to storm away angrily.

Cori rolled her eyes and she pulled out a pack of cigarettes then noticed a small group of freshmen whispering among themselves as they gazed at her. She glared and snapped at them to move along causing them jump and scurry away as she put a cigarette to her lips. She made her way to the patio outside the cafeteria building and lit her cigarette before falling into a seat beside her friend, offering her the pack.

"You put on quite the show, Ms. Cori," her friend, Liv, chuckled as she took a cigarette from the pack as well as the lighter.

Cori flipped her dyed blue hair over her shoulder and took a long drag of the cigarette, feeling the oddly pleasurable burning sensation touch the back of her throat, feeling her body relax. "Go big or go home, right, babe?"

Liv smiled mischievously. "How long was that one?"

Cori shrugged as she looked down at her phone. "Either he was the four month or the two month. Either way, a promise ring? Like, seriously?"

Liv chuckled. "He was head over heels for you, girl."

Cori rolled her eyes. "Still creepy. He was a decent lay but I'm glad it's done now. He started getting into try the after sex  cuddling."

Liv made a face of disapproval. "That's always the first sign to run."

Cori smiled and shook her head. She knew all too well that the private displays of affection were the signs of an emotional attachment and she knew that's when she should bail but she oddly enjoyed destroying them. She would let the attachment grow then she would drop the bomb, crushing their hearts and faith.

"Have you gotten your schedule for the semester, by the way," Liv asked as she lit her cigarette and took a deep inhale.

"Yeah. Five classes this semester. You?"

"Also five classes but I have an IDS seminar thing on Thursdays," she made a face of disgust at the thought making Cori laugh.

They took a few moments of silence to indulge in their cigarettes and look around at the campus. Even though it was Cori's fifth semester at Westeros State College, she still loved the view of the quad. The entire campus glowed vibrantly with clean, fresh grass and maple trees scattered across the area still green as the summer came to an end. Although it was September, the summer refused to go down with a fight and beat down on them mercilessly. Cori sprawled herself out on the metal seat in a white tank top, black short shorts and black converse, her black ink tattoo of various floral designs resting on her shoulder completely visible as well as one she lining along her side as her tank top pushed up her stomach.

"Did you get another piercing," Liv suddenly asked pointing to Cori's right ear.

Cori tucked her dark blue hair behind her ear to give her a better view of the piercings in her cartilage and lobe. "Nah, just new earrings."

Liv nodded in approval.

In the returning silence, Cori found herself thinking of her old self. The young, naive, bubbly girl who loved the color pink and modest clothing. At that time she never even gave the idea of hair dye, multiple piercings or even tattoos any kind of consideration. She thought of how strange it was for things to change in a person in the course of five years.

She shook her head to clear her mind if thoughts of the past and turned to Liv. "So are you getting any action?"

Liv grinned. "There's a guy I met at orientation for my program and such. Don't know his name yet but I intend to find out."

"Sounds like he's pretty sexy," she said in a less than interested tone.

Liv gave a sigh of content. "Oh he is. It's not everyday you find some attractive in the computer programming department."

Cori chuckled. "I wouldn't know. I don't have that problem."

She scuffed. "of course not! You're a Psychology major. Everyone is in the Liberal Arts department."

Cori smiled as she leaned back and closed her eyes, taking another long drag of her cigarette as she let her mind drift slightly to thoughts of her past.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494 47 17
Cassie Russell is a girl with a messed up life that feels like she is a modern-day Cinderella funny right but not for Cassie because everything about...
¿Friends? By Helen

General Fiction

40 0 16
Cassie is a child abuse victim, but no one knows except for her best friend. She does quite well in school and is dating the brother of the girl that...
127K 5.3K 42
There's a difference between being alone and lonely. ~~~~~~ "Why does love hurt? "Because......if it doesn't hurt then it isn't love." I replied. ~~~...
49.7K 1.6K 37
Cassandra Natalia Heart has never had an easy life,forced to become a stripper at a young age so as to raise money for food and clothes because her...