The Ruined Rainbow

By SayeshaL

Cover credits: @missoctowriter Earlier known as, "The Sweetest Smiles Have The Darkest Secrets." ***** Two p... More

THE RUINED RAINBOW
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
Author's Note
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97

CHAPTER 11

471 27 3
By SayeshaL

“Sooner or later, we’ve all got to let go of our past.”– Dan Brown

Ayesha.

I walked away from Sahil with tears in my eyes. He was my first best friend, the only one I had and now I am leaving for Delhi.

I take one last look at him as I sat on my cab. He is looking at me, leaning on his car.

I quickly turn away and let my tears silently fall over. I couldn't cry in front of him.

I immediately wipe my tears as I reach home. I pay the driver and enter the house.

My stepdad is standing near the door.

I gave him a quick apology as he scolded me.

I went to my room and sat on my bed.
I looked at my packed bags and tears filled my eyes again.

The night passed quickly.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I woke up this morning early. I left home at 8 am in a cab straight to the airport. 

On the way, we passed through Juhu, and I couldn't help but remember those outings and trips we made.

I took two deep breaths and engaged myself in the outside world.

We reached the Airport at 9.

I somehow whiled my time by starting at openness. I could have left my house late, but I wanted to go as quick as possible.

Staying in Mumbai a little longer can make me remember the good times.

I boarded my plane.

We reached Delhi in 2hours. Now that I had fallen in love with Mumbai, Delhi was nothing compared to it.

Delhi had no seas ( confession: yes, Sahil was right. I had fallen in love with seas), no vada pavs, no Juhu and of course no Sahil.

I took a cab and driver through the familiar streets of Delhi. After what seemed like hours, I reached my destination.

My least favourite place.

My college.

I sigh and enter the campus. I make my way to the notice board.

I look at the room allotted to me and make my way.

I am on my way when someone pushes me down.

I look up, and as I expected, I see Tanisha standing in front of me with her gang.

"Look who is here. " she mocked — looking at her friends.

"Move away, Tanisha," I said.

"Not so easily."

"Please."

She bent down and leaned towards me as I sat massaging my hand.

"You better don't mess with me this year, Ayesha. And I mean it or else--"

She stood up, laughed and walked away.

I stood up. People were laughing at me. I grabbed my trolleys and walked to my room, my eyes tearing up.

Once I reached, I sat on the bed. I leaned against the wall and pulled my hairs behind me. I kept my head on my knees and began to cry.

I cried at my incapableness of fighting back. I cried because I felt scared. I cried because I felt like a coward with no courage. Most of all, I yelled at life for being so horrible to me.

Flashback( a scene from Ayesha's past).

It was my first year. The University. The beautiful campus. The hostel life. College life. The life where I will probably make many friends. The experience away from Mumbai.

I had always wanted these and today since it is happening I am unable to believe.

Random people would come and extend their hand for friendship.

I was delighted. This is exactly what I wanted. Best life ever.

But every optimism has it's own tenure.

Two months later,

I was walking down the corridor, a book in my hand. We had our fortnightly assessment, and I was damn scared.

I sat down on my seat when Tanisha came to me along with her gang.

Tanisha was a girl I never liked much. She was a girl obsessed with makeup and wanted a typical college life.  ( by typical I think you know what I mean). I hated her, for a reason which I will reveal afterwards.

"Listen."

I looked up with a questioning glance.

"Yes??"

She sat opposite to me, looking straight in the eye.

"You will cheat on this test. You will write my name instead of yours, and I will do the same."

"No." I shook my head.

She now had a terrifying glint in her eyes. She leaned closer.

"No??" She whispered.

"No," I replied, not giving her a second glance.

She stood up and stared at me. Before leaving she whispered in my ear

"I'm going to make your life hell in this college. I will make you regret this."

"I'm waiting, Tanisha " As if I didn't regret my life already.

She left the scene. The test began as soon as she left. I felt the paper quite easy. I went to my room, feeling lightheaded.

I open my journal, which is carefully kept below my clothes in the third drawer of my wardrobe.

I'm a journal person. I prefer to write down Little things of my life, and you know you read them in the future.

The book I have is what I have been writing since 14.

  I opened the page I had to write and write about the Tanisha incident.

I ate dinner after that and went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up early and after my daily routine, I dressed and came down.

Hi, I said to the nearby girl. She looked at me with a disgusting glance and walked away.

I was shocked. I walked towards my room, thinking about her. As I entered my classroom, which was cheerful became silent as soon as I entered.

"Look who is here guys? " Tanisha said mockingly.

I tried to ignore it as I took my seat. People behind began to murmur about me pointing at me.

Is she the one?

Yes. She is.

But doesn't look like she could do the--

No, I am sure--

"Enough!!" I told myself. I persuaded myself to keep calm. I turned back to my close friend calmly and said:

"can we go to the canteen after this class? It's my treat and---"

She cut me off in a mid-sentence.

"Why? We were never friended Ayesha." My close friend Lisa replied.

"What??"

"I can't believe it's you, Ayesha. You. "

"But what have I done? Can someone please tell --"

"Forget it. I break the friendship bond between us. We were never friends. We never will be." Lisa said with one disgusting stare and turned away.

Wet tears filled my eyes. I turned away, and I caught a glimpse of Tanisha and her gang standing, pointing at me and snickering.

I wiped away the tears with my dupatta and could barely concentrate on the class.

I walked away from the class as soon as the bell rung, quickly as possible and on my way, I was pushed. As I looked up I saw Tanisha and her gang, she told me

"I promised I'll make sure your life was like hell in this college. Now, enjoy the next four years alone."

I stood up. I felt insecure and frightful.

I went to my locker, and when I opened it, hate notes were stuck inside it. As I took one note and read it, I felt disgusted. It read

Stop drugging other people, you bit*h.

The additional notes were similar to the first one with more gross words used.

I took out all the notes and crushed them with my hands as tears streamed down my cheeks.
-
.
.
.

.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I end this chapter. How do you think the book has been going so far??

And yeah, this is my first chapter with Ayesha's Point of View. Probably many will come with Ayesha's view in it but still.

There's a lot more stuff lining up. Don't miss it!!

Comment what you thought of this chapter below.

thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 171K 72
He is a psychopath. For her. #1 The Desi Psychopath Series The glass from her hand dropped and she was about to run towards her brother. But... "Shh...
593K 64.6K 24
"You are my heart, Aira. So be careful when you think of breaking it. It may result in your collapse." ------- .Λšβ‚Šβœ§β‚ŠΛš. -------- **This is a DARK roma...
513K 19.3K 69
SHRANAV OBEROI - 27 yrs CEO of Shriar & co. A tall, well built , handsome man, has anger issues, to arrogant known as the devil in his office. Loves...
35.8K 3.4K 63
β€’ She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. β€’ Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...