Knave of Heaven and Earth

By Fruit_Boy

Imagine a world where mythological creatures exist. From the beings living in the heavens, the supernatural c... More

Prologue: A Walk Back In History
Chapter One: Cabin in the Woods
Chapter Two: Encounter
Chapter Three: Sweet Moments
Chapter Five: Road Trip
Chapter Six: Who is the Demon?
Chapter Seven: There Goes My Normal Life
Chapter Eight: Something New
Chapter Nine: Damned Individuals
Chapter Ten: Gasp!
Chapter Eleven: Let's Get Out of Here!
Chapter Twelve: Too Hot
Chapter Thirteen: Best Fucking Friend
Chapter Fourteen: New Plans
Chapter Fifteen: Poor Souls and Crimson Eyes
Chapter Sixteen: Truth to be Told

Chapter Four: Problems on the Way

84 3 3
By Fruit_Boy

Aitken admired his finished art work.

It's beautiful...

He thought to himself as he stared at the painting. He couldn't believe he's the one who made it. He thought he couldn't make something beautiful. Hell! He didn't even imagined himself doing such thing! But he did! He feel satisfied. He feels proud. He feels like having a clear self image.

"Tell me, how can you make something simple so gorgeous?" Muttered Margaux as she make her way beside Aitken.

"I don't know. I just did." He answered half truth. He wasn't sure either. Aitken felt like he has been in this place yet he knew he hasn't been there. He has a clear image in his mind, and all he had to do was make it into reality.

"It's like my arms just have their own mind and swayed on the canvas."

"I would want a hand like that."

The two turned their head then saw Alex leaning on the partition wall with his paint covered hands crossed on his hard chest as he stare on the landscape made by Aitken. Aitken chuckled slightly.

"Next week," Alex said before he sighed then continued, "I will pay a visit my family on Winsom City. It'll be a whole week vacation for me and I was hoping..." He hesitated for a moment. Thinking it is a bad idea bringing some friends to his hometown, but he was hoping that he will have some company after his business. And he's also embarrassed to ask them.

"What? Are you gonna tell us something?" Margaux said slightly harsh because she hates surprises and long suspense situations. Some people just hates surprises, geez.

"I was hoping if I... If you can come with me." He finally said looking at the two of them with bright eyes. Like a child pleading, yet has a mature charm on him.

Silence.

"I know this doesn't concern you. I was just hoping. I am not forcing you guys or anything. I just thought—"

"Of course we'll come. Right Aitken?" Margaux interrupted immediately and the tone of the past sentence didn't look like it was asking.

"Absolutely. I'll come, it's an opportunity to go somewhere else than here." Aitken shared a genuine and reassuring smile to Alex. Aitken doesn't have anything too amazing in his life, except for that one fact, but regardless he does very little leisure activity. Maybe he'll find some interests in this outing.

Alex exhaled in relief then manage to tell them, "You don't need to meet my family or anything. I just need some companions that's all. Your stay and transportation is on me so don't worry about it."

"Wow! A whole week of vacation! I heard that Winsom City has big malls and such. I'm so excited. We could go shopping, travel through the busy streets, experience the life in a city!" Margaux is very excited about this vacation they will be having.
She has never been into big cities or experienced the things girls does in those big places like what she watched on her phone. She just came from another small town before she ended up into this town. Now, fate has given her the chance to go into one and she won't miss it. It's an opportunity and dream for her to at least experience the life in the city.

"We should probably inform Stephanie for our plan vacation next week." Aitken stated, his smile not leaving his handsome face.

"I already informed her, so don't fret about it." Alex planned this thoroughly. From the hotel, and transportation them other things. He wanted this vacation memorable at the least.

A good thing about working here is that the salary is not based on the number of days you work, but on the number of masterpiece you sold. The studio have their fair share for the sold item as a contribution and payment for a place to put the artist's material. Aitken and Margaux nodded their head.

This whole vacation presented to the both of them is an opportunity. For Aitken it is a whole week away from the beating of his 'father'. A whole week to just relax and enjoy the city. A whole week to experience the busy city life, new experiences. This may sound weird but he never thought of leaving this small town of Century Peak. He thought he could never have the chance to see the other parts of the world. With an opportunity given to him, would you think he'll refuse? Of course not.

"So when will we leave?" Ask Margaux happiness written all over her face.

"We will leave Sunday morning, so make sure everything is ready by then." Alex replied before he turned to face the happy Aitken. "Aitken, do you mind if I'll buy your painting? I plan to give it to my parents as a gift."

"I don't mind at all. I hope your parents will like it." Aitken now a little nervous for his painting will be gifted to Alex's parents. He never felt this nervous. Even when the vampire incident back in highschool was nothing compared to this. That time, he had control over the things if things went well but what can he do about the painting if things go south?

Alex and Margaux laughed at Aitken before Alex reassures him, "Like it? They'll love it!". Aitken beamed a smile to Alex's remarks then said a small "Thank you."

"We should get going now. We need to start packing. We only a day tomorrow to sort things out." Margaux informed them. They all nodded before proceeding to their cubicles to clean up.

Alex went into Stephanie's office to pay for the painting. He slid the receipt into his pocket. Stephanie reminded him to come and get it tomorrow. She bid him her farewell for the group's vacation and wished them a safe travel.

Before they leave the studio, Alex told to Margaux and Aitken just wait outside their houses at 7:00 in the morning then he'll come pick them up on Sunday.

Currently, Aitken, our boy, walks home. He's thinking about what to do tomorrow. Maybe he'll come to the studio and say his goodbye to Stephanie. After that, he'll go buy necessities for the vacation trip.

He looked up into the sky, noticing that it's already getting dark. The sky is mostly dim with little shades of purple, orange and pink clouds on. It's twilight. The sun is no longer present but it's remaining glory's still on the scene. The moon, slowly creeping up to the sky on it's last phase towards full moon. Maybe tomorrow evening will be a full moon. It's quite spectacular to see the moon on it's full glory.

Next time, I'll paint a twilight setting...

He thought to himself. He looked straight back and saw their house. You can see it lacks conditioning and maintenance but not to the point that it is condemned, just fading paint colors then small damages. A solemn look replaced his jovial one just seconds ago.

I'll paint a beat up house on a twilight setting...

He sighed, then continuing walking towards home with his faded olive green sling bag hanging on his waist. He grips the strap tightly as he approach the building readying himself for another round of beatings.

He opens the door, only to find out that his 'father' is passed out on the couch while the TV is running. The room reeks of a strong alcohol smell and cigarette. Aitken doesn't need a strong sense of smell to know that there's another smell lingering in the air.

He tiptoes to avoid waking up the stupid man. He struggles to walk over bottles of alcohols that lays on the ground, generously. Where do he get the money to buy these things? Maybe pension or something like that? Maybe he steals it? That not impossible for the likes of him.

He drops his bag as he enters his small room then throws himself to the warm embrace of his own bed, face flat. Aitken just lays their for several minutes, almost twenty minutes, doing nothing. He didn't even fell asleep. Just there laying, with his eyes closed but conscious. Thinking how his life would have been if he were normal with a normal family. Thinking that he didn't have to force himself acting. He isn't weird right?

After several more minutes, he prompted himself to go to the bathroom and take a bath. He didn't noticed that it's already dark outside.

Once he came back, he quickly got dressed in a simple black jeans and a tee-shirt topped with a dark grey jacket. He's thinking of going on a fly. He thinks he needs to fly.

Aitken snatched his wallet and phone from the nightstand then stuffed it into his empty pockets.

"Bitch! Where's my food?!" Shouted his angry 'father'. He's like a slave in this house. Cooking food and cleaning the house. But what can he do? Beat his father using his monster self then get reported to the police? Even if the police believed him about his abusive father, then what? The problem now was him, not his father. He's something he doesn't understand. He's a monster, that is the truth.

Aitken turned to his open window then quickly slipped through and jumped down to the ground with a soft thud. He ran into the woods, where he knows he'll find fleeting peace. He picks up his speed.

When Aitken reach a distance he think is enough, he rested for a moment before removing his jacket and tying it on his waist. He readied then assumed metamorphosis. The pain was not as strong like the first time he had experienced but still, he feels the pain. Bones grinding against each other, flesh ripping and tearing, muscles forming, are all the things that he feels on his back.

Aitken opened his eyes and glanced at his black n' white large wings then stretched them up to the fullest, almost reaching a height of three meters— original height not included. As he expected, the pair of wings ripped two large holes at the back of his clothing. Luckily, this shirt is an old one and doesn't hold any significant importance to Aitken.

With a strong flap of his wings, he shot up to the dark skies as fast as the sound can be. He steadied himself on the night sky then viewed the beauty of the forest on it's night cloak. The small town of Century Peak can be seen at a distance. He smiled then flew higher, up above the clouds. Even though he had negative thoughts about his identity, his instinct still kick in like how a bird uses his wings to fly, fishes use their fins to swim, frogs use their strong hindlegs for jumping. It is a natural activity to use the characteristics you have.

Little did he know in a distance, a large wolf with light brown coat and two deep ocean blue orbs catches a form in the sky. When the wolf blinked, the figure vanished in the thin air. The wolf just stand there contemplating whether he has seen someone or it's just his mind playing with him. Nevertheless, the creature have a pair of wings which is very rare because there are only two races in this world that have wings: Devils and Angels.

~|§|~

Back in the pack house of the Windstom Pack the next morning, the Alpha sits on his office signing papers and reviewing documents, the usual Alpha's job. He needed to carefully check each file for the protection of his pack. When you're an Alpha, the future of the pack lies on your shoulder. From the security of every individual to the well-being of every werewolf. Those are on his hands, so he needs to be careful on his decision. Although he hates his job, he needed to be strong for his pack. He does not hate being an Alpha, but if he were given the chance to not he one, he would gladly accept. Besides, being an Alpha have it's perks. Everyone follows him, his orders. He feel powerful. He could do anything. That being said, it brings joy to his wolf. It's a wolf thing.

The door opened to reveal his Beta, Damian, without even knocking. He does this quite often, thinking 'I'm his best buddy.'

He knew it's his Beta. No one enters his office like him. Law let out an annoyed growl for his Beta's rudeness. Sometimes, he thinks his Beta is uncivilized for forgetting knocking before entering. "Didn't you know how to knock?"

"You ask that all the time even though you know the answer." Damian replied as the Alpha rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed by this guy.

"As I was saying, there have been rumors and numerous sightings of a lone demon in our territory lately. Some claims that the demon is related to the murder of a mated couple a week ago, and to the gruesome death of an omega yesterday. This caused quite a stir in our pack. To address this, our Head Warrior Mario ordered his men to keep close watch and vigilant at night. Of course, he made no more further actions and is waiting for your command." Damian reported as the Alpha listened carefully. His finger softly tapping on the desk with seriousness painted on his face.

He looked to his Beta and asked, "What does the Elite Wolves Squadron thinks to address this situation?"

Damian was a little surprised. Law only asked his special squad's opinion a couple of times and those times are very serious matters. Another reason the Alpha would ask other's opinion is that the Alpha is not very sure how to address such problems or situations. The Beta smiled.

"As we all know, demons are one of the most powerful races here on Earth. A single demon can cause small problems. The demon on our territory shows evidences that it has been consumed by darkness and fell into the Abyss, and have gone on a killing spree." Damian explained.

"We, the Elite Wolves Squadron, thinks that we should send a squad to gather more information about this demon on the loose for a better understanding of what our enemy has. After that, prepare a hunting group with the necessary power to take the demon based on the findings of the intelligence group and eliminate the demon." He said gladly and with a hint of pride in his voice. Damian group's always have their own small meetings about situations like this to prepare a plan, mostly headed by the super intelligent Tyson. And in case the Alpha wants some ideas, like as of the moment, the special group can share their's.

The Alpha listened and nodded his head in approval. He couldn't think any better plans to address the current problem. "I assign your special squad as the intelligence group and coordinate with the other group to form a special task force for the elimination of the demon. And you, my Beta, as the head for the entire plan." He said in a commanding tone then hummed after with a content look.

"Yes sir!"

Damian's smile grew wider for an important job played by his small special squad. Aleister knew that his Beta's special squad is powerful enough to wave off an attack by the demon in case they encounter it. They have the element of surprise on their side, not on the demon's. The squad also has a great mobility to retreat if things go south.

Contended on the plan, Aleister grunted before going back to his paper work.

"I heard your cousin's coming back." Damian initiated a conversation.

"You mean that fucker. Yeah? I don't fucking care about him anymore," Aleister spat with venom. "He's a fucking disgrace in our family." He continued, visibly angry for the werewolf.

"Cut him some slack Al. You know he's very sorry for what happened and you know it's an accident. The poor kid deserves some..." Damian retorted then trailed his voice.

"That bastard doesn't deserve shit. He's done too much to be pitied." The Alpha getting more angry for the topic.

"Okay, calm down Al. Don't lose your cool." Beta Damian didn't argue anymore knowing that the Alpha would explode sooner or later if they continue the conversation. He got a loud huff as an answer.

"I'll get going then and inform my squad for the important message. They'll be very happy. I can already imagine their faces." The Beta then said, smiling like an idiot.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Aleister dismissed him.

"I've been itching to ask you, will you join the pack run this full moon on Sunday?" The Beta stopped midway through the door.

"I'll try." He answered back without lifting his head from the document he is reading on his computer.

Sighing, Damian resumed his travel to his special squad office.

~|§|~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: First of all, thank you for supporting this book. Secondly, the ticket for the next chapter is 55 BOOK VIEWS! Finally, credits to the owner of the picture.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 53K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...
60.1K 2K 19
There had been a war between humans and demons for a few years now, but despite all that, Raya hadn't really heard much about it since he lived alone...
66.5K 3.2K 20
Little Micah is devastated after his nephalem ex-boyfriend found his mate, leaving him alone and desperate for his touch despite the circumstances. ...
126K 5.1K 38
Nick Wallace just wants to survive. Simple. Moving to a new town with new people is always hard, but Nick is strong. After being forced to relocate...