The Silent Princess

By Zelink2408

Zelda and Link have finally reunited after the Calamity, and there's a lot to do to restore Hyrlue to its for... More

After Calamity Ganon was destroyed
Kakariko Village
Impa
Koko and Cottla
Story Time
Awkward Situation
Zora's Domain
Polymus Mountain
Fire...so sweet, yet dangerous
Rito Village
Ancient song
How punfortunate!
Hateno Vilage
A not-so-royal picnic
A turning point
Resentment
Amendments
The ways of the sword
Reminiscence
Goron City
Korok Forest
Reminder
Gerudo Town
Night time stroll
Rescue mission
Special Gift
She's mine
Fulfilled desire
The end is only the beginning

Who's better?

5.6K 93 75
By Zelink2408

Zelda slowly opened her eyes, then hopefully looked over to the bed next to her. To her dismay, Link had already gotten out of bed, and was no where to be seen. Zelda then got out of bed and changed out of her night gown in to her travelling clothes, before walking over to the owner of the stable.

"Have you seen the blond young man go anywhere?" Asked Zelda.

"You mean Timmy?"

He pointed over to a blond young man sitting in a corner of the stable.

"No, no. He's a knight.... uh... good looking..."

"Oh yes, that lad. He went out not too long ago, I don't know where, though." Said the owner," he did mention something about getting hearty truffles."

Zelda instantly knew that something was up.

"Thank you!" She said hastily.

Zelda ran out of the stables, searching frantically for Link. She ran up and down looking for him, then found him sitting on a hill, facing the castle.

"I've... been looking... all over for... you." She said out of breath

Link jumped at the sound of her voice, and quickly rubbed his eyes

"What's wrong?" Zelda Asked.

"Nothing..." he replied bluntly.

His nose was red, and his were eyes blotchy. Zelda sat next to him.

"Link... I'm worried about you."She Whispered, "now don't tell me everything is alright, because I can tell that it isn't."

She gently placed a hand on his shoulder, which was swiftly shrugged off. Zelda sighed.

"The past is behind us, Link, there's no point in worrying about it." She said.

Link continued to stare at the castle.

"Don't spoil the present with the past." Zelda said.

Link nodded slightly, and sniffed.

"I wish you were right." He sighed.

He tore out some grass and threw it away.

"It's just I...I" stammered Link," When we... You..."

Zelda placed her hand on his shoulder again, but this time, he didn't try to shrug it off.

"Just forget about what's bothering you." Said Zelda.

She spoke as if he could forget about his feelings for her easily.

"I'll... try..." He Said cautiously.

"Good! Now we should make our way to Gerudo Town." Said Zelda.

Zelda stood up and started to walk away.

"Zelda!"

Zelda stopped and turned around, feeling hopeful.

"Actually..." started Link," I... Feel better."

He sighed. Link failed to tell her. Zelda stared at the floor, slightly disappointed.

"I'm glad to hear that..."

Zelda walked off. After a while, Link got up to join her, dreading their visit to Gerudo Town.

When Link arrive at the stable, he was surprised to see Zelda tacking up the horses.

"I could've done that." He whined.

"Well you took too long to get back, so I did it." She said.

When Zelda wasn't looking, Link double checked his saddle and reins, to see if they were down properly.

"Did she tack you up well?" He asked Epona as if she were a baby.

Epona neighed. Link smiled and patted her, then pulled out a few apples for her.

"Don't tell Winter." He Said in a hushed tone.

Epona gleefully munched away at the apples in Link's hand.

"Ready?"

Link quickly turned around, and kept the apples behind his back. Epona kept on munching at them, which caught Zelda's attention.

"What it Epona doing?" She Asked, bemused.

"We have a very... special bond." He made up.

Epona neighed. Link gave Zelda a 'see!' look. Zelda rolled her eyes and gave Winter a carrot. Epona nudged Link as if she were telling him to do better. Link smiled smugly and gave Epona some sugar lumps.

"Epona! I love you so much!" He said in baby talk.

"Well if your done, we should go." Zelda Called out.

"Ugh, she so boring." He told Epona," and jealous."

"I'm not jealous!" She cried in exasperation.

Link gave Epona a knowing look, and nudged her into a walk. Zelda quickly did the same with Winter.

"It seems that you think you're the better horse rider." She remarked.

"I don't think that." He Said mocking offence," I know it."

"Well if you think you're so good..." Zelda started," Get to that tree before us!"

Zelda kicked Winter into a canter, then swiftly into a gallop. Link laughed and urged Epona on straight into a gallop.

"We can out run them, can't we?" He said to Epona.

Epona nodded her head, and increased her speed. Link leaned forward, and urged Epona on.

"Come on, Winter!" Called Zelda," They're no match for us!"

Epona was gaining up on Winter, then swiftly took over her.

"It's ok Epona, we can relax now, there's no way they're going to beat us." He Said.

Link slowed Epona down into a quick canter. Zelda senses his over-confidence, and took this chance to over take Link and win.

"Wait, what!" Link exclaimed.

Winter and Zelda overtook them and reaches the tree first. Link stated on in disbelief, and Epona sniffed in anger.

"Hmph!"

"Oh I'm the best rider in all of Hyrule!" Zelda Said, mocking Link's voice.

"Epona and I weren't even trying!" He Said defiantly.

Epona neighed and kicked him. Link cried in pain, then doubled over in pain.

"Epona!" He cried.

"Serves you right!" Zelda Called.

She had already ridden away.

"Bad horse!" Link exclaimed.

He tried to get on Epona, but hen she bucked him off.

"Why you!" He shouted.

Epona turned her head away.

"Here, take this!"

He reluctantly gave her a sugar lump. Link then attempted to get on Epona again, and this time she didn't buck him off.

"Took your time!" Zelda Called.

"Someone decided they wanted to be a pain in the a- aaahhh!"

Link shielded himself with his hands, as some angry squirrels pelted him with some acorns. Zelda laughed.

"Looks like animals hate you!" She remarked.

Link rolled his eyes, and urged Epona on.

After a long journey, Link and Zelda were in Gerudo Canyon, and it was already night.

"It's far too late to cross the desert at this time." Pointed our Link," Monsters will be lurking all over the place, and it's cold."

"But you're here-"

"Which puts you in more danger." Link interrupted," The Yiga Clan's base is in this desert, and they will he hunting for me. We should stay at this stable and cross the desert tomorrow."

"Alright." Zelda agreed.

Link boarded the horses in the stable, and Zelda payed for their beds.

Zelda day on her bed and brushed her hair. Link watched as the brush glided through her golden hair. She really was a sight for sore eyes.

"Goodnight." Zelda said.

"Goodnight, Zelda." He replied.

I excepted them to be in Gerudo Town in this chapter, but they ended up having a horse race. Oh well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter none the less. And I apologise for not updating as much, and not getting on with the story because of getting sidetracked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 755 8
When Zelda's dumped yet again by her longtime boyfriend, Ganondorf Dragmire, she finally decides that enough is enough. She's done with him, once and...
136K 3.1K 59
Before the Great Calamity, Zelda and Link travel amongst Hyrule together. They must learn to tolerate each other on their journey. Zelda, having bare...
7K 227 11
"There isn't a woman in Hyrule or beyond that could satiate me like you." Alright ladies and gents, It's wedding season in Castle Town and on this se...
7K 268 56
Spoiler alert for this entire book! If you have not completed the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, this story will reveal the entire storyline of...