Lifeline (Katsuki x Reader)

By LevvinaLily

[COMPLETE] You're a 16 year old transfer student from London who arrives late to class 1-A of UA high. Both y... More

Author's note
Chapter 1: Nobody's Walking Matt
Chapter 2: Broken
Chapter 3: Ready
Chapter 4: Begin!
Chapter 5: How I Feel
Chapter 6: Cute
Chapter 7: Why?
Chapter 8: Safe
Chapter 9: Him
Chapter 11: Eventually
Chapter 12: Don't Die On Me
Chapter 13: Isn't that bad
Chapter 14: Let's go girls!
Chapter 15: Pretty Good
Chapter 16: I really like you
Chapter 17: Whatever dork...
Chapter 18: Asshole
Chapter 19: See you in the AM
Chapter 20: Blue flame
Chapter 21: Cool Beans!
Chapter 22: Love You
Not a chapter
Chapter 23: When You Least Expect It
Chapter 24:We need to talk
Chapter 25: Lemonade (šŸ‹)
Chapter 26: Perfect
Chapter 27: Wonder Bud
Chapter ļæ¼28: Kill
Chapter 29: Gone
IMPORTANT NOTICE

Chapter 10:You Really Are Annoying

6.4K 196 225
By LevvinaLily

YOUR POV:

About a week has passed since Clive was taken to hospital. He woke up the day after he was sent there and was taken into custody by the authorities.

All Might and Eraserhead came over yesterday morning to speak to you about your situation. Clive was to be put on trial for domestic abuse and various other charges.

They took you to recovery girl to gauge any other injuries you had sustained from him and it turns out that stinging sensation in your hip was because he had partially fractured the bone. Before healing you she asked you to strip down to your underwear and took multiple pictures of your body. She told you that she already had some that were taken on the night he was sent to hospital however you needed to approve them as you were asleep when they were taken.

After leaving recovery girl you were taken back to your house where Mitsuki was waiting. She sat down with you and the two pros and discussed what would be happening moving forward. It was decided that as you were 16 you were technically able to live alone however Mitsuki and Masaru offered to be your emergency contacts as you technically were without a guardian.

The trial was set to be in three days and you were to testify against Clive with the Bakugous as your witnesses. The hero's association had provided you a lawyer and the case was going to be a private trial as you are a minor. Other than katsuki the only friends who know of the situation are Mina, Sero, kaminari and Kirishima, however they don't know many of the details.

* . • 〰️➿〰️ • . *

You were currently laid sprawled out across your bedroom floor with katsuki who was laying on his back with his head on your stomach.

"How you feeling dork?"

"I'm good. I just can't wait for this all to be over. How's you spiky?" you smirked

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO FUCKING CALL ME THAT YOU DAMN EXTRA!"

"Ouch extra" You sigh "I thought by now I'd be friend or at least associate" you moan sitting up causing his head to fall on your lap.

"Tsk... fine I guess, you're a little less annoying then those other extras so I'll call you dork instead" he said with a triumphant grin.

"Yeah fuck off extra!" you shouted sticking out your tongue

"Hey that's my line!" He growled sitting up

"Oh shut up spiky!"

"You wanna go short stuff!"

"Give it your best shot porcupine!" You shouted standing up cracking your knuckles.

You shot a small beam of energy at his arm causing him to flinch slightly. He charged at you knocking you down onto the bed with him on top of you.

"Admit it! I'm better than you" he grinned locking his gaze with yours

"Eat shit"

He sighed and began tracing your sides with his fingers enticing a loud giggle from your mouth.

"Say it!"

"Sh-shut up!" You squeaked through your laughter as the tickling became more intense.

He just sat on top of you smirking and you, now tired of your uncontrollable laughter, let out an irritated sigh. Trying to push him off you raised your knee against his crotch and he stopped tickling you and let out a shaky breath, his face falling a deep scarlet.

"Sorry!" You squeal, still laughing a bit.

"It's fine" he mumbled as he got up "just saying I won" he shot a mischievous smirk at you.

"Wow does everything have to be a competition with you" you huffed folding your arms "and for the record I let you win"

"Shut up dork" he spoke now sitting next to you on the bed.

You let out a dramatic sigh and fell backwards on your bed. "You think I'll beat him?"

"You mean the court case? Well yeah the evidence is kinda undeniable"

You looked over to him but he now held a serious look on his face. "What you told me. You're gonna have to tell the judge."

Your eyes became dull "I know..."

"You won't have to tell them about your incident but just think, all of this will be over soon. Then I can beat your ass in combat training again".

"Ermmm if I remember correctly, and I do, it was me who beat your ass" you smirked.

"Let's just agree to disagree" he huffed "you played a dirty trick"

"Anywayssssss~ it's getting late. Not that I mind you staying here and all but are you going home tonight?" You hum as you walk towards your mirror.

"If you wanna get rid of me that badly just ask dork" he groaned also getting up.

"No no I'm not asking you to leave" you squeal stare at him through the mirror

"I dunno I just thought you'd be bored by now. You know, I can look after myself I don't need you to stay here and babysit me" You chuckled

"If I was bored I'd just leave you moron" he tilted his head away from you "anyways you're just like a child. You can't even cook" he mumbled the last bit.

"Piss off!"

* . • 〰️➿〰️ • . *

YOUR POV:

*ringggggggg...ringgggg*

'Ughhh it's too fucking early'

You yawned as you stretched your arms above your head and blindly searched for your alarm. The day of the trial had finally come. You were told the day before to be ready to leave at 9am leaving some time to prepare before the trial began.

It was currently 7:30 and for whatever reason you decided to wake up an hour earlier than you needed to. After tearing yourself out of your warm, welcoming, comfortable double bed, you grumpily trudged to your bathroom and stripped off your pyjamas. Stepping into the shower you began to let the water run.

"What the shit?!"

'Only I would walk directly into the shower without checking the fucking temperature first'

You let out a quick breath as you adjusted the nozzle on the shower head to make the water warmer. As you stood under the shower head you could feel each individual droplet of water race down your body.

You squeezed some shampoo into your hands and began to larger it through the roots of your hair, you then washed it and coated your hair in conditioner, brushing it through and then washing it out.

After around 20 minutes you were basically ready. You wore a black pencil skirt with a black long sleeved shirt and put your hair in a high ponytail with two loose strands at the front. At 8:00 you heard a knock at the door

"Yo dork! Open up!"

You internally groaned as you walked down the stairs to open the door.

"Hey you read-"

"Shhhh" You cut him off "it's too early for you" you moaned rubbing your temples.

"Fuck off!" He huffed barging past you into your home.

'Rude much...'

The two of you sat on your sofa talking about anything other than the trial. It was obvious that he was trying to take your mind off it... but it just wasn't working. Before long a ringing was heard from the door.

"Hello young (L/N), Young Bakugou! Are you ready to leave?" All Might beamed standing next to Mr. Aizawa, Mitsuki and Masaru.

* . • 〰️➿〰️ • . *

*at the court*

You sat in the court room next to your lawyer Mr. McConnor. He was a tall lean man with long black hair tied into a loose bun. The judge who stood before you was a tired old woman. Her skin was a pale shade of orange and her hair was styled in a icy white pixie cut. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Clive, he had white bandages wrapped around his nose from where katsuki had broken it and you could practically feel the anger radiating off of him.

'Serves him right -_-'

"Clive belomy Anderson. You are accused of the following crimes: Domestic child abuse which if charged you will serve 3 years for and Criminal threats which will cost you another 4 years. All charges are from your adoptive daughter miss (Y/N) (L/N).How do you plea?" The judge bellowed

"Not. Guilty." He hissed

"Okay let us begin. Would the defendant please stand up!"

Clive's lawyer Mr. Jenkins was a scary looking man who wore a tight fitting black suit. He spent the next 15 minutes rambling nonsense about why the allegations against Clive had no real grounds to be based on. The whole time you could feel Clive's eyes piercing into you which caused chills to run down your spine. After he had finished the judge turned to you.

"Would the prosecutor please stand"

You felt a hand tightly squeeze your own as you stood up.

"You'll be fine don't worry" Mr. McConnor whispered to you before turning to the judge.

"Your honour, my client has been subjected to years of both physical and psychological abuse by Mr. Anderson"

"Any evidence to confirm this? Otherwise Mr. Jenkins is correct in the fact of there being no base for your accusations"

You could see Clive and his lawyer smirking

"We actually have multiple images as well as a documented medical examination of injuries Miss (L/N) has sustained from Mr. Anderson." He stated stoically as he walked towards the judges podium handing the judge the folder containing your medical report.

"We also have (Y/N)'s phone which contains a collection of the threatening messages (Y/N) has been sent over the years."

The judge appeared noticeably distressed after looking at the files she then passed them over to Mr Jenkins.

"Your honour" he spoke "My client informs me that Miss (L/N) has a history of mental health problems since the death of her father, mainly depression and that she has made grand total of thirteen attempts to end her own life"

(Reading over this after all this time I realise 13 was the definition of overkill...sorry)

You could feel a lump forming at the back of your throat as you bit your tongue. You looked over to katsuki who just stared at you, expressionless.

You turned back to the judge as she spoke.

"Your point is?"

"Do you not think it possible that she, unsatisfied with her situation inflicted the injuries on herself-"

"BULLSHIT!" Katsuki shouted slamming his hands on the bench in front of him as he shot up out of his seat.You jumped up in shock.

'He just HAD to go and say something' you sighed.

"Mr. Bakugou is it?" The judge asked looking at him quizzically" would you refrain from voicing any opinion unless you are spoken to"

He huffed as Mitsuki smacked the back of his head and shoved him back into his seat.

"Mr. Jenkins if that were true, for what reason would she attempt to get Mr. Anderson incarcerated?" She asked uninterestedly

"It's rather simple actually" he said beginning to walk over to where I was sitting. "Miss (L/N)" you nodded "your mother died in labour did she not?"

"Yes however I fail to see how my mothers death has anything to do with this" I spat glaring daggers into him.

"Considering she died bringing you into this world did you ever feel somewhat responsible for her death" he hissed.

You opened your mouth to speak "I-"

"And after your fathers death did you not feel abandoned by him. As if he left you all alone"

"Well-"

"So did you or did you not inflict those injuries upon yourself to cause Mr. Anderson pain. So that you weren't the only one in the bad place! So that you were no longer alone!" He was now shouting.

"Mr. Jenkins. I would appreciate if you'd stop shouting in my clients face" Mr. McConnor growled sternly.

"Yes,yes sorry"

"Your honour, even you must admit that is just nonsensical speculation with no grounds to base off. Why would (Y/N) brand herself with Mr. Anderson's Initial." He asked narrowing his eyes.

"I'm sorry what? Images of this branding are not evident in the file you gave me."

"I would like to summon my client to the stand"

You slowly walked over to the stand. Your hands were noticeably shaking. You looked over to the benches and locked eyes with your friend. You could make out him mouthing "Don't worry dork. You'll be fine".

As you sat down you released a breath you didn't know you were holding. McConnor asked you about the branding and your relationship with Clive.

You spent the next 20-30 minutes explaining almost everything you told katsuki the previous week. You then untucked your shirt to show the judge and jury the brand on your hip. Multiple gasps were heard and mumbles echoed through the small court room. After this one by one the Bakugous, All Might and Mr Aizawa came to the stand to give their testimony. None of their accounts were very helpful but you were grateful none the less.

You had now been in court for around 2 hours now.

"There will be a short 15 minute recess whilst the jury and I settle the verdict".

You stood up with McConnor and walked out of the room with your teachers and neighbours not far behind.

"Hey you did good. Kept your composure" McConnor smiled as he turned to walk to the small café.

"Thank you" you said looking up to him

"Don't thank me just yet" he hummed. "Your friends are over there, they probably wanna talk to you" he said as he waved you off.

"Hey sweetie! You okay?" Mitsuki spoke softly

"Yeah" you sighed as you ran your fingers through your hair "how do you guys think it went" you questioned biting your bottom lip.

"Well Young (L/N) I for one think that the odds are in your favour!" All Might beamed.

'Heh. Just call me Katniss'

"Yeah. Don't worry about it (L/N)" Mr Aizawa spoke in his usual monotone voice.

"That's a relief" you sweat dropped "hopefully the jury feels the same way... I'm gonna go outside to make a call, I'll be back in a minute" you lied.

' I can't be in there right now. I think this stress is gonna kill me' you internally sobbed

As you were walking out of the door you felt a hand on your shoulder. "What the hell?!"

"Hey" katsuki grunted walking to stand next to you.

"Hey" You mumbled back

"You better not lose this court case you know. I don't wanna have to restrain myself every time I see that bastard. Heck, I don't know if I'd even be able to" he groaned.

"Yeah yeah, just keep your temper tantrums to a minimum and maybe I'll win" you snickered smirking as you saw multiple irk marks appear on his forehead.

"SHUT UP ASS WIPE!" He yelled as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "That bastard was being a dick and tryna use your past against you" he mumbled turning his head to look off into the distance.

"Awwwwww was somebody worried about my feelings~" you sang prodding his side with your finger.

"Piss off!" He huffed turning his head back to face you

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww katsu that's so sweet" You hummed as you goofily flung your arms around his neck. He reluctantly returned your embrace, wrapping both arms around your lower waist before pushing you back slightly

"Katsu?" He stared at you quizzically

"Well your names too long and all my other nicknames for you are to piss you off" you spoke casually giving him a close eyed smile "therefore this nickname is only for when I'm either really happy or want a favour" you winked at him.

"You're so annoying" he growled

"Hey katsu~"

"Yeah" he groaned, blushing slightly

"You know you can let go now" you giggled. You had unwrapped yourself from his neck and were currently just standing there encased in his strong muscular arms.

"Tsk. You really are annoying you know that" he tutted unwrapping his arms from you and turning to walk back into the building.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833K 25.6K 35
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] Have you ev...
513K 14.2K 49
*In process of editing* You're Kirishima's estranged twin sister. You've come back to Japan after pursuing a modeling career in America (Don't give m...
840K 23.5K 90
You were born as the daughter of the most notorious villain of all time; All For One and was told to be an undercover in a prestigious hero school na...
10.6K 292 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...